This simple test was developed by teaching lucid dreaming to thousands of people. To get your score, give yourself 1 point for each true statement:
1. I have inadvertently become conscious during a dream.
2. I have inadvertently had the sensation of leaving my body.
3. My body has been paralyzed before upon awakening or falling asleep.
4. I’ve woken up and gotten out of bed before only to realize that I was still dreaming.
5. I usually sleep for longer than 8 hours.
6. I can easily sleep for over 10 hours.
7. I have lots of vivid dreams nearly every night.
8. I sometimes sleep not only at night, but also take afternoon naps.
9. I’m 18 or under.
10. I’m female.
Score (number of points for each TRUE statement (T) – the more, the better):
0-3 Points: You can still learn to have lucid dreamings, but will have more difficulty than others. It might take you dozens of tries to have your first lucid dream. Remember: lucid dreamings is something that everybody can achieve, and there aren’t people who are unable to enjoy this amazing practice.
4-6 Points: Moderate difficulty. It may take up to 10 solid attempts to have your first lucid dream. You already have a predisposition for this practice – you just need to fully activate it. Simply follow the instructions closely and you’ll be able to achieve untold heights in your personal practice.
7-10 Points: You have a strong predisposition for the practice of lucid dreaming. You should be able to do it in from one to several tries. Actually, it’s going to be easy for you to live in two worlds at once: the physical one and the world of lucid dreamings. Don’t let this opportunity slip by!