Re: "Get Up" Separation technique Failed!

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

"Get Up" Separation technique Failed!

Post by 12padams »

I really don't know if performing this technique instantly during a conscious awakening is a good idea for me personally... I tried it and failed...

Below is a quote from day 43 of my eBook which shows what happened while I attempted this while exiting a dream:

"While observing their scared faces I found that the dream slowly started to fade away. Luckily I gained consciousness the instant I started to wake. Without thinking I used the “Get upâ€
Last edited by 12padams on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

No.  Not always.  Try remaining still for a while and relax...then separate (without using muscles).  Don't use imagination for separation either...use the subtlety that comes with the movement of your dream body.  If there is resistance, be aggressive.

You might have been too eager and too awake when you attempted separation above.  Excitement can often get your adrenaline going and ruin it.  Try a gentler approach but by no means fall asleep.  If all fails then cycle through the techniques.
Last edited by Summerlander on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

The book says you must try a separation technique before cycling... If I fail at the separation technique do you think I should avoid instantly using a separating technique from now on and just move straight to cycling?

Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Nah.  Always try separation upon awakening.  You are bound to have success with that and the more you do the more you will become familiar with the sensation.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
JunL

Post by JunL »

Although I'm a beginner, I recommend you not to skip saperation technique.
Because I think it is easier than any cycle technique IMO.

I think that most important thing for one to success entering phase is how fast he start to do saperation technique immediatley when he wakes up.
(for example, doing saperation technique 3sec after waking up doesn't work but doing it 2 sec after waking up does work.) 
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

JunL wrote: Although I'm a beginner, I recommend you not to skip saperation technique.
Because I think it is easier than any cycle technique IMO.

I think that most important thing for one to success entering phase is how fast he start to do saperation technique immediatley when he wakes up.
(for example, doing saperation technique 3sec after waking up doesn't work but doing it 2 sec after waking up does work.)
Trust me... I did it the second I woke... It was like I was a jack in the box when I jumped out I did it so quickly...
I believe I was just too excited and too awake (like Summerlander said) since I don't know of many people who can jump out of bed as soon as they wake. Personally I am too tired to get out of bed on normal days for about 10 minutes. After this separation technique I was fully awake and ready for the day.

Lol looks like I found the way to combat tiredness in the morning... JUMP OUT AS SOON AS YOU AWAKEN (warning this may cause phase entrance lol :D)
Last edited by 12padams on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Maybe propelling from the hypnopompic state can be tricky for some people...
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Summerlander wrote: Maybe propelling from the hypnopompic state can be tricky for some people...
So was what I did supposed to work easily and I just have some weird condition which affects my ability to perform it successfully?

I believe that I may have found the answer to my problem... Since I have difficulty accessing the phase instantly after waking...

A guy called nicholoes Newport runs http://www.lucidology.com/ he has techniques for entering the phase which differ to micheals...

The goal with his method is to first enter sleep paralysis ( he has methods for inducing this state) and then enter the phase... He doesn't have methods for deepening and maintaining the phase however as his only focus is entering the phase...

I believe I may benefit from using his sleep paralysis inducing methods followed by Micheals methods of separating and managing the phase....

I just want to ask here first before using his techniques incase there is something I should know... So have you heard of this guy summerlander?

Also I want to attempt micheals separation apon waking techniques for 1-2 more weeks before I attempt new ports sleep paralysis inducing techniques. Chapter 5 of my book will begin once I start using the sleep paralysis inducing techniques.
Last edited by 12padams on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

BK
PHASER
PHASER

Post by BK »

I don.t know much about his techniques..but you are sure to understand shortly why he is on the standard spam lists...wait a few days..
However...I would also like to hear what people think of him or his techniques.

I must admit..I got interested in obe as an alternative to lucid dreaming from his web site.  I am really glad I quickly found obe4u.com. The sincere nature of this website, Michael Raduga, SOBT and the people on this forum were easy to spot.  I got somewhat of a different vibe fromt the latter.

You might want make a separate topic for this.

BK
Last edited by BK on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

I am also interested what you think about lucidology techniques.

Because for me all of all of it (lucidology.com and saltcube.com) look like cheating, I hope I am wrong. A lot of theory (probably the main points not even his own) without practice or any proof it works. Just look at his last idea: quick switch, like a copy of the separation technique (just after awakening) described here.

There is no public forum there, I guess this wouldn't help commercially if most people complained about wasted money.
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

He offers his 101 course techniques for free... I got this package emailed to me... Anyway I'll make a topic on this issue...
Last edited by 12padams on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

He has the right idea but he faffs about with separation. There's a lot of theory and belief going on there and he lacks Michael's research.  Anyway, I posted in your other topic. ;)
JunL

Post by JunL »

In my personal, I recommand you to try levitation technique instead of getting up. I think levitation technique is easier than getting up for phase. Because levitation can be tried by only imagination, while getting up still can be tried with physical muscle so that it can make confusion.

Another important thing I think is position of your consciousness.

Example)
position 1 : Lying on bed watching(imaging) oneself levitating in front of one.
position 2 : Consciousness in levitating body instead of real body on the bed.

I think position 1 will not work or hardly work.
Position 2 is ideal for one to saperate from physical body.
Last edited by JunL on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

What will work for one person may not work for another other person.
Just best to try everything that Michael suggests and find what works for you.
I too had my interest piqued through the saltcube website.  However the presentation all seemed a bit intense and at times difficult to follow.
So I moved on and found OBE4U have not gone anywhere else since.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
Astralnaut

Post by Astralnaut »

if i am in SP state than i use visualisation method which is about to imagine a place where my lucid adventures will start, but if that does not help than i rapidly imagine many places where i can start, this way it is easier to hook on particular image you imagine .I suggest to imagine places which has as much as possible of contrast because i noticed that then it is easier to enter ze LD.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Guys, I'm really gonna rub it in your faces because I'm so happy.  I had a long phase adventure last night (which I will post in my blog as soon as I have time) and it involved multiple separations by simply getting up.  Initially, I strained the brain to strengthen vibrations and then separated.  Then, every time I fouled, vibrations were ongoing and I would just re-enter phase space.  Sorry, I couldn't help it.  I'm elated and I feel cheeky! ;D
desertrose3

Post by desertrose3 »

Summerlander, you have every reason to feel cheeky  ;)

12padams, thanks for the tip on how to combat tiredness in the morning  ;D

Good luck to everyone as always!  :)
Phanes
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Phanes »

So many techniques out there to look up, the rope technique, the levitation, the "Get up" technique, etc. All is fine and well but it all depends on what works for YOU. You can hear all sorts of great things from this method or that one but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean you're the one in the wrong. Some are easier to grasp than others but the true goal is to gain independence while learning. If you can just get into the phase after a while regardless of method and be capable of doing whatever you want at whatever length of time, you'll be fine. The phase is something extraordinary and something to really learn from, to learn from a method that limits you in the long run? That doesn't sound much of an accomplishment if you're stuck and incapable of the freedom the phase offers you. It really hurts when you learn so much and yet can do so little, I understand there's bad days, but after a while, you should be able to master your own methods whether if they're from another source, altered, or absolutely created by you.