Feeling numb while attempting forced falling asleep?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Feeling numb while attempting forced falling asleep?

Post by 12padams »

Below are two exerts from my day 30 experience...

"Following the dream I had a semi-conscious awakening which I used to complete 4 to 5 cycles of indirect techniques concurrently with my attempted forced falling asleep. My body got increasingly numb while performing the techniques however extreme swallowing desires pulled me back to the physical world. While still feeling numb I attempted a roll forward as I rolled sideways to prevent collision with my bedside table. I landed on the floor next to my bed and performed a reality check to make sure I wasn’t in the phase. I was definitely in the physical world so I walked to the bathroom, got a drink and returned to bed with intention of catching myself waking. I quickly glanced at the time seeing that it was 3:41 AM. I got to sleep around midnight so I probably only had two cycles of sleep before waking."

"I had another conscious awakening and instantly attempted cycling my techniques. Unfortunately I was analysing each technique too long to see if it was working making me switch techniques every 15 seconds. I also attempted forced falling asleep throughout the process which once again induced a strong numb feeling similar to sleep paralysis. The difference between the numb feeling and sleep paralysis is the ease of exiting it. At any point while feeling numb I was able to exit the feeling by simply getting up"

I don't really know how to do forced falling asleep but this numb/sleep paralysis feeling I was getting seemed like I must have been doing something correctly.

Does anybody know what this could have been?
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
clearchoice84
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Feeling numb while attempting forced falling asleep?

Post by clearchoice84 »

Hey did you ever get an answer to this question? Because the numbness that you talk about her is the exact same thing that is happening to me. Is this sleep paralysis? What does it mean?
Knowledge is Everything! To know is to be conscious!
Know thyself!
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Feeling numb while attempting forced falling asleep?

Post by 12padams »

Hey did you ever get an answer to this question?
Lol this is hilarious... Never did I know that 6 months ago when I asked this question I would answer it myself in the future :)

Basically it's just the body slightly shutting off your physical sense of touch. This is not the same as sleep paralysis since sleep paralysis is your body disconnecting your mind from your body to prevent you from physically moving while dreaming.

Think of it as step one of a two step process. First your body has to turn off it's physical sense of touch and then it must disconnect your thoughts from your physical body. So no it's not sleep paralysis (step 2) but its a sign that you are closer to sleep paralysis than you are if you can fully feel your body.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2