Re: Robvann - My journey

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Robvann - My journey

Post by robvann »

On Day 3 - it worked, thanks!
Last night I really wasn't planning to phase because I have an early flight, but when I woke up to roll over, I caught myself pausing and tried a cycle before I physically moved.  Just as I was about to go back to sleep, I noticed a distant light on in the room, which was odd. Even odder when I closed my eyes tighter it got BRIGHTER!
I think what I then experienced was more in the lucid dream category than the OBE, because I found I could control what I was seeing.
It was like looking out the front window of a car from the back seat at night.  Things were pretty fuzzy, but I could make out a city skyline at dusk, with the yellow sunlight just starting to light it.

Unfortunately when I heard my wife snoring it faded away.
After sleeping a bit, I had another opportunity.  This time I was seeing the stars of outer space, almost as if I was looking down a long dark corridor with them at the end.  I noticed a triangular shaped blue light, that was moving in a spiral pattern, so I tried to follow it.  As I started to get closer I heard the dog snoring and came back.

Anyway so far so good.  Now to get deeper. :)
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

I tried again last night, but no luck.  Will try again tonight.
I setup my "Wildlife Camera" to record short 15 second video clips when I start to move.
Also, using a free iPhone app called "Sleep Cycle" to monitor my sleep state.
(see attached image of last nights sleep cycle).
Attachments
2011-11-11.jpg
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Came close last night, after three nights of trying again.
Couldn't deepen the imagry.
Then in the morning I caught myself just as I started to move physically - missed the moment.  Damn.
Someday I am sure this will all look so simple.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

Hi Rob, Iphone App for sleep cycles?! cool! I will have to check for droid equivalent. Does it require external hardware?

About the moving thing... it doesn't completely ruin the chances for OBE. You can still go back and just keep trying if you have the time. I have projected lots of times even if I move.

You speak of trying at night. Are you trying at bedtime? After 5-6 hours of sleep and then immediately upon awakening are the best times. Bedtime almost never works for beginners.

(note: the "starfield" is a *very* propitious visual)
Good Luck.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

FYI, you can see the iPhone app at:  http://www.sleepcycle.com/
No extra hardware required, it just uses the internal accelerometer.
They are not on android yet, but are getting lots of requests...
I am waking at 5am with an alarm clock, and I think I am pretty much following the script.  Just gotta train myself to catch the wave as I wakeup!
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Partial success. A lucid dream and a normal dream. Went to bed at 10:30 with intent of going to Calgary. Awoke at around 2 and tried some cycles after rolling over.

When I was about to quit and go back to sleep, I found myself climbing up and out of a hatch of the hold of a ship, onto it's deck. There were people around, but I don't think I spoke with any of them. As I started to explore, I remembered to touch various objects and did that for a bit. I wanted to test myself and see if I was in phase. So I decided to try and stretch my arm while shaking hands with someone. When I made contact and started to stretch my arm, I woke up.

I woke up at 4:30am before my alarm went off! This was just after a deep sleep according to my Sleep-Cycle app. Went to bathroom and back to bed.

Had a dream that I was in a waiting room in some big city. Kind of like a ferry terminal or similar. I had a collection of electronic devices with me (normal for me), kept in various shopping bags on various seats. I realized I had to be wary of various shady people who came by and peered into my stuff after going behind my seats. Eventually I started fiddling with a cassette tape player (thats back in time), and put a tape on of my kids playing or something. Eventually some music came on and then I was aware of a woman on a nearby seat who started to sing along. It turned out to be an old girlfriend of mine who was there with some other guy, who was not her husband. As we started to chat I woke up.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Hmmm , last night I was able to just start to see the star field, but as I tried to deepen I exited.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

No luck with OBE, but maybe some lucid dreaming last night.
After alarm clock wakening I managed to dream and awake about 5 times.
I was surprised in the first instance how quickly it occurred.  I glanced at the clock at 5 am, had a dream which I now forget, awoke and cycled, then noticed the clock was only 5:20am.
Each subsequent dream was different, but I remember REALIZING that I was dreaming, and then started to control the dream a bit.  In one case when I got too aggressive I exited.
I guess I need to read that chapter now...
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

After another no go night, I decided to do some more detailed reading.
I think I have figured out some of my problems.  Will hopefully test it next weekend.
* Physical movement - I catch my self rolling over, must stop this.
* Breathing - I hold my breath a lot for some reason.
* Eye movement - I often move my eyeballs, when the eyelids are closed.
* Relaxation - I need to take a more "if it happens it happens" attitude.  I just want to get there soooo bad!
- Rob
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Well I think I continue to make SLOW progress.

This weekend I tried the free "Ramp Timer" that Lucidology promotes.  After the 4am wakeup, you play the mp3 which has a series of beeps spaced at various time intervals over a few hours.  It's purpose makes sense to me as a way to partially wake you up, then let you go back to sleep to help keep you in the "fuzzy zone".

I am having trouble with the physical pain of staying in one place. BUT maybe I am just about to peak?
Last night when I was about to give up because the pain of wanting to roll over was getting too annoying, I realized that I WAS PARALYZED! I am not sure what percentage, because I just went back to sleep.

Then later, I ?may? have had a blind OBE. I heard some cowboy yodelling music playing quite loudly, and assumed it was an obscure song playing on my iPhone that kicked into gear after the Ramp4 tones. So I didn't want it to annoy my wife, so I sat up and looked at the phone - but NO, it was still on the Ramp4 playlist, and had stopped!

Hopefully, I'll look back at this someday and see how "easy" it was!
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

Hi Robvann, heh, yodelling... that's a good one. Yes, *that* sort of thing is a solid sign of entering the phase.

It sounds like you are making not so slow and steady progress. It took me over a year of daily effort to get to one OBE a month. But that was before I found the obe4u SOBT book. My success rate kicked up a solid notch shortly after reading that book. But I wonder if my prior effort did not lay a baseline foundation to springboard off of when I found these techniques.

Persistence pays off for me, most of the time.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Thanks for the feedback Rudolph.
This weekend was disappointing, with no real progress to report...
I noticed my sleep graph was a bit flat, not the normal peaks and valleys.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

You're welcome Robvann.
So, slept like the dead did ya?... lucky bastard... at our age consider it a gift.

Make sure you record all your dreams in your journal. Every day.
I know it is going off the reservation a bit here, but for folks over 50 a little melatonin never hurt a thing. And maybe a little B6 at bedtime...

we don't all eat the way we should....
;)

Bon Voyage.

Rudy.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

I think I found my problem!
For the past few weekends it seems like I am going backwards rather than progressing.
But this morning it hit me when I looked at my sleep graph, that I have been sleeping DEEPER than usual recently.
This was because I have discoverd Binaural Beats recently which put you into a DEEPER SLEEP, which is counter productive for phase!  Something like takinng a sleeping pill before going to bed I guess.
And I was hoping that my drive on Saturday directly into the sunset would improve my phase, because somewhere I read that 1/2 hour of direct sunlight per day produces a chemical in your brain that gets converted to a different chemical (Melatonin?) in the night.
Hopefully next weekend I will be back to normal...
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

And I was hoping that my drive on Saturday directly into the sunset would improve my phase, because somewhere I read that 1/2 hour of direct sunlight per day produces a chemical in your brain that gets converted to a different chemical (Melatonin?) in the night.
Hopefully next weekend I will be back to normal...
Posted on: 13-12-2011, 14:01:37 Posted by: Rudolph
During the day you produce serotonin when in contact with light. At night without light you produce melatonin from the serotonin. If you really want to set yourself up perfectly for the phase you gotta have a fullon day using the sun as your only light source.

Lights (especially computer screens/iPhone/iPod/android/iPad/any other portable computer type devices) after sunset confuses your body's serotonin/melatonin cycle. In other words you should avoid all artificial light including alarm clocks and general house lighting. Your body needs to have a slow transition from light to day in order to have the perfect cycle. In other words turning lights on and off in your house confuses the cycles. It's better if you have a light dimmer at home and slowly turn the lights brightness down throughout the night.

You also wanna avoid apples (the fruit and the company) which have a chemical in them which keeps you awake more than caffeine.

The problem here is to set yourself up with the perfect phase you need to do so many ridiculous things and basically live like people did thousands of years ago... that's the reason why demons and supernatural creature why reported back then... They all entered the phase much easier

Anyway good luck but don't go crazy with setting up the perfect phase environment... You will remove the intention to enter the phase beause of the disruption it causes to your life. All I reccommend is no computers/bright lights 1 hour before bed. In other words don't read ebooks/browse web.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

:-\ - No phase, but starting to at least move from dream to awake again.

Many small dreams after 4am wake up. Used  "dream creation" Binaural beat before bed. Sleep graph had 2 peaks before waking.
1) I can't remember the dream, but woke up suddenly for it after thinking that I wasn't falling back to sleep at 4am.
2) While out camping, I had to turn my jeep around in a campsite lot that had a family with lots of kids in it. As I nosed into their site and stopped, the jeep kept rolling forward - but when I searched for the brake pedal with my foot, it wasn't there...  Terrifying for me to watch the faces of each kid as I kept rolling closer to them. In the end I just came close and stopped in their midst - just like a movie!
3) When I returned from an excursion with my old (now dead) collie dog, realized the tongue of my camper trailer was bent. Went looking for someone to help straighten it.
This dream occurred after I laid awake for a while in the morning, then had the dream and then woke up all in about 5 minutes!!!
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

More small progress last night.
I had several Lucid's after the 4am wakeup and using Lucidology ramp4 beeps in a pillow speaker.
Most memorable was going to an instant teller bank machine, checking the balance, and seeing a nice $20,000 balance there. I remember wondering if my pin number would work in dreamland. Just when the money was to come out, I woke up.
;D
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

Images like that usually mean some worldly effort I am making has been recently or will soon be paying out.

I think I would go get a state lotto ticket or one of the bigger payout scratch tickets... just in case.
:D
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Rudolph wrote: Images like that usually mean some worldly effort I am making has been recently or will soon be paying out.

I think I would go get a state lotto ticket or one of the bigger payout scratch tickets... just in case.
:D
OK, I am not a gambler at all, but I went out tonight and bought a ticket for Wednesday's draw.  Stay tuned!
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Interesting occurance last night.  I didn't seem to dream all night, but when i woke up at 8am, I fell back to sleep and then had two dreams by 8:30.
1) this seemed like a dream ABOUT being in a Lucid dream!  I was climbing a ladder surrounded by blue things, then things turned Yellow, and I remember wondering if I was in a lucid dream
2) Dreams have so little traction.  I am now totally blank about the second dream.  I knew the details when i sat down to write this...
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

"2) Dreams have so little traction"

A most practical observation.

I am now wondering if it might be the main reason the Physical Universe had to be created.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Fascinating suggestion....
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Rudolph wrote: "2) Dreams have so little traction"

A most practical observation.

I am now wondering if it might be the main reason the Physical Universe had to be created.
Hmmm...
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Well the 4am wakeup on the weekends are now becoming almost routine!
I seem to be having some good old fashoned dreams these days after the wake up.
I do regularly see what  I refer to as the "star field" of many white dots in the distance, with blue kite shaped light moving in a spiral pattern.  I suspect that this is just my inner eye or something similar, with the spiral pattern being an artifact of rem type eye movement?
I have tried to look deeper into the star field, and through it, but the more I analyze it the quicker I fall away.  I know - RELAX!!! damn it  ;D
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Still trying...
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Minor breakthrough last night...
Last weekend I had no luck, and last night I was getting frustrated trying my cycles, so I suddenly decided to just forcably SIT UP.
And to my surprise it worked!  I was up at about a 45 degree angle when I lost it...
Also, I now remember hearing the country music radio station yet again this morning.  We don't even listen to that  in our house, yet it seems to come to me very, very faintly in the still darkness of the early morning.
;D
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

All very excellent reports with good progress in steps along the way.
The starfield ...the music too... all a *very* good sign.
The blue kite ... (just curious, was it shaped like the classic kite or more symmetric like a diamond on a set of playing cards?)

You may feel like this is taking longer than it should and payday is such a long time in coming but it looks to me like you are restoring a classic and when that baby rolls out of the garage heads will really turn.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Thanks for the feedback Rudolph.
Frankly the bigger impression was made by the spiral pattern that it was moving in.  But I would say it was a symetrical diamond like on playing cards.
Rudolph wrote: The blue kite ... (just curious, was it shaped like the classic kite or more symmetric like a diamond on a set of playing cards?)
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Took a break from OBE for the past few weekends.  (Fighting cold - wanted to get a good sleep).  Hopefully back to it next weekend.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Dear practitioners,
Please, take a part in our new experiment (NDE simulation):
http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=7

Report results to [email protected]