Re: Do you think there could be a device to help with indirect techniques?

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Do you think there could be a device to help with indirect techniques?

Post by TheOnerous »

I know that alarms should not be used to attempt phase entry using indirect techniques. But could there be a device that flashes - like existing REM devices (Novadreamer, REM dreamer etc) - in dreams but not to signal you, but to wake you up enough to attempt phase entry?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Actually, all these devices work so (Novadreamer, REM dreamer ). In most cases they wake you up while REM, but not in dreams, as it should be.

But I strongly suggest to forget all these methods. It's not about sucessfull practice
johnny
PHASER
PHASER

Post by johnny »

but when you are in rem sleep you dream dont you?

am i missing something here?
its your mind.....use it or loose it
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

All theese devices i think were just an attempt to try to make you lucid while dreaming!
But even if they have worked 100% all the time, think about how would it be for you to depend on this device for being lucid,when you can do it naturally?
These devices in my opinion are for those who do not have the patience to try,and do not have the strong intention to try,are for those who want to try for convincing that LD is really something cool,
but very often the do not work,i heard from a friend that they are just toys,stories..as I said attempts to try to make you Lucid!
If one wants the phase It can have it naturally,whoever that is!
You just have to have like a passion for this...!
Just wanting really bad to experience it can take you there :D

wiii
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

johnny wrote: but when you are in rem sleep you dream dont you?

am i missing something here?
You wake up by these devices in the end of REM and easily induce it again
johnny
PHASER
PHASER

Post by johnny »

thanks for clearing that up. it makes sence
its your mind.....use it or loose it
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

In the short term I want to do everything I can to increase the rate I have lucid dreams (I currently have between 1 to 4 a month). In the long term I'd love it if there was a way to get everyone lucid dreaming - even the people who don't have the motivation to apply themselves to existing techniques. Do you think that the big breakthrough will come from a new technology or from a simple induction method that we haven't discovered yet?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I think both. Don't forget a method to induce the phase in 90% of attempts is already exist now. Just learn the indirect method better.
BK
PHASER
PHASER

Post by BK »

I once had the novadremer in the nineties.  It did actually work..but not so often...
years later I did it natural for some time and got better results with the napping method  or what m.r. calls the deferred method.
To go to bed again I would do the 61 pt body scan and then fall asleep.  Then I would set my watch alarm for 90 min.
I would ignore it and then I could at times get lucid.

However,that was a long time ago.  I.m trying again with an interest in this technique...

To answer the Q....  www.Invisibleclock.com might be useful.  It can have 12 alarms and can ring one to six times...vibe mode too..  It looks like a beeper...I would guess a phone would be just as good. 

I think there was a mention that M.R. does not like alarms for his method?  This was confusing in his book, but it does recommend some type of small sound alarm.

I hope this helps...
bks
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElRaay
PHASER
PHASER

Post by ElRaay »

Good suggestion but i think good honest practice will make perfect, as well as make you a better practictioner. But i think these types of technology are still in a beta phase(lol). In the future im sure we will have better machinery for phase experince or any virtual reality experience. Such as the matrix or avatar technologies. Those would be very intresting.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

I hope, in my lifetime, that technology will find a way to make everyone capable of phase experiences every night.
BK
PHASER
PHASER

Post by BK »

I know one device that works really well and I think Michael will definitely approve of it too.

It's called a Kindle 3G Keyboard Ebookreader.
It is much easier on your eyes than a computer screen.
Other ebookreaders may work as well but I have only used the Kindle.

I have used it to find this place.
I have used it to read SOBT.
I have used it to search SOBT.
I have used it to post my journals.
I am using it now.

Tip:
To convert SOBT to Mobi, use freeware MobiPocketCreater Professional to make a prc.  Then take the html file it generates and use that with freeware Calibre to make a Mobi.  Works like a charm!

A freeware program called Briss is an available pdf cropping tool that can increase the viewable area of the Sobt.pdf without converting it.  It does this by removing the margines, headers, page numbers, etc.  It is not so intuitive to use though.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Ultimately, the effort must come from the practitioner.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.