Luna's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Luna's Blog

Post by Summerlander »

Michael, your approach to this subject is the best in my opinion.  You talk about what works and what is likely to be expected. It's a far cry from those who spread theory as fact and the days when people thought the Phase was only for the gurus who moved in mystical circles.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thanks Summerlander for the explanations about the different phase entries. Very helpful.

I will have to try not get so excited. Maybe that's what caused the foul in my LD. That and no deepening of course!

Edit: I agree Summerlander, Michael has the  clearest, non nonsense approach.
Last edited by Luna on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

My head won't shutup!! It's really starting to get annoying.

I woke up this morning and my waist down was numb. My legs were straight but it felt like they were bent like i had a pillow under my knees or something. I remember reading somewhere or being told that it was left over sleep paralysis.

I tried FFA but the numbness was still there and uncomfortable so I moved. As soon as I moved my mind would not be quiet. This has happened the last few times (except yesterday I had some progress but once again I was disturbed by my husband and it threw me off) it started singing random songs and having internal dialog. I really had to try hard to reign it back in and then when I did I'd see images and just end up asleep then when I woke up it just happened again! 3 times this morning!!!!

I haven't been attempting everyday and have had a couple of days break here an there, do I need more? Maybe I want it too badly and it's working agains me? What are your guys thoughts??
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Falling asleep at the end of each attempt means that you are trying too passively.
You need to perform the indirect techniques in a more aggressive way.
Re-read the Aggressiveness/Passivity section of the chapter 2. It has helped me by a lot.

Also, if FFA is not working, try other techniques.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

About the head not shutting up...don't worry about this.  It is natural.  Do not get angry with yourself.  The mind has a tendency to wander.  I usually focus on something in my head (like an imagined object: the lamp in my bedroom).  It doesn't have to be visualised to perfection...

The mind will eventually wander and may even get 'lost' for a while in a flurry of thoughts.  But then I gently bring it back to the thing that I was focusing in the first place.  The mind may wander again.  I just bring it back to the focus every time.  Remember: just because the mind wanders does not mean that you have failed!  On the contrary, it is very natural.

Mind wanders...gently back to the focus (remain calm and relaxed)...mind wanders...get back to the focus...mind wanders...get back to the focus...mind wanders...get back to the focus... suddenly...BANG!!! - you will experience a strange shift in consciousness.  It is very sudden for me! - You will know that the opportunity to enter the Phase is just 'around the corner'.

;)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thank you both for the replies! Will re read the parts you suggest JorgeLTE.

Thanks Summerlander! I LOVE that shift you mention. Is so definite. No mistaking it. I like the idea of focusing on an object like a lamp or something. Will try that next time for sure.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I tried focusing on an object and it worked!!! For some reason I focused on an apple lol!! It's weird you kinda think to yourself that you have a little while to go and then your already there!!

I couldn't get out though and then I started to doubt wether I was actually as far along as I thought. Silly me.
Next thing I knew I felt someone in the bed next to me. It wasn't my husband he had already left for work which made me think it was my son. he nevercomes into my room or bed without waking me up first.  Then I remembered Michael saying that if you have to question odd things it's almost always the phase.
I should have just kept persuing the desired outcome and I would have known for sure that it wasn't really my son but instead I aborted and found no one on the otherside of the bed. I gotta stop doubting! it's ruining my chances. Another lesson learned. :)
Last edited by Luna on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Yes, a screwed up experience is an experience too. Step by step you'll learn all primary problems in practice
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

but instead I aborted and found no one on the otherside of the bed
Hahaha!  I know exactly how u feel!  The fact that u were already there and blew it, sucks big-time!  I've been fooled by this too many times.  This morning I had success, which I'll post on my blog.  But the funny thing is that while I was straining the brain, I told myself if I hear any kids come in the room or feel the bed move, it's FAKE!  And a great sign that it's working!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I will be telling myself the same thing from now on dreamsrock!!  ;)

I wasn't attempting anything this morning.

I was dreaming about birds and a whole flock of them were killing another mid flight. I saw white flecks of what I thought was snow and yelled out to the person I was sitting and talking with "Look how beautiful, it's snowing!!" Then realised it was the feathers of the bird that the other birds were killing.
I saw it slowly semi fly/float to the ground. I felt soooo sad. All of a sudden a bird pecked my back angrily and boy did it HURT!!! It woke me up and I immedietly checked behind me to see if there was actualy a bird there. OUCHIE!!!

What happened in this moment?? I was by no means lucid! I was engrossed in the dream.
Last edited by Luna on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

It sounds like a very vivid dream, especially in tactility.  You are making a lot of progress, by the way, and, when it comes to the Phase and what to do in it, just practice as Michael said.  It's like anything really.  You are definitely getting the hang of it.  Keep at it!  :)
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I don't think it was a phase too. But you could easily induce it immediately after this wierd waking up
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thanks for the explanation Summerlander and the encouragement. Just what I needed to hear as I was feeling a bit lost as nothing much was really happening and anything that was was quite random.

Thanks Michael. I will try induce if a situation arises like this again. Come to think of it, when I did wake up and look behind me I don't really remember seeing anything. Usually I would see my reflection as there is a mirror there the whole length of the wall, I should have seen something. Maybe I was to deep in sleep cause once I saw there was no bird there I just went straight back to bed.

I had an interesting experience this morning that proved to to me that the mind is VERY, VERY subjective!!
I have been on another forum reading other people's experiences with OOBE's and LD's (I agree with most here that they are the same thing but this site tends to treat them seperatly)

I was reading one of the posts there where the poster had seen some hooded 'entities' on more than one occasion. He drew them and attatched them to his post. As I was looking at the pictures I was thinking to myself...."Shivers. Hope I don't come across anything like that on my adventures!"
Then I came over to this site and saw the drawing that Summerlander did of his little Quasimodos and thought the same thing lol!

Soooooooooooo this morning, about 4am I had just woken up from a HORRIFIC nightmare! Ususally I'll move, or open my eyes and have to do FFA but this time I just became concious with closed eyes. it's happened a few times now and it's really quite cool.

I was about to 'wake up fully' cause this dream had really affected me quite badly, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a little pin wheel of blueish/white light. I was doing semi circles. I thought "wow, that's interesting...never seen anything like that before." It was trying to morph into something but because I was looking directly at it, it was just making odd shapes. I looked away and the instant I did, it morphed into what I can only describe as a gargoyle/orca form the Lord of the Rings movie. Here's what it sort of looked like. Image
The one I saw was less manly looking and more creature-like. It had much smaller wings and was much smaller in general. The face of this one is very, very similar. It was gnashing it's teeth at me and I freaked out quietly but kept watching. No noise was coming out which was quite odd.
I could see every detail! Now I know what you all mean by HD viewing!!! I've NEVER seen anything like it!!!
It was just flying there sort of hovering and I thought "Oh well, it's minding it's own bisuness it's not really threatening me maybe I can just ignore it."

Then I saw a mist forming in the middle of my vision....something was materializing and it was at that point that I got spooked. I don't know if I opened my eyes or if I just 'made' it all dissapear but it did and I felt a little dissapointed. So decided to look again.....sure enough it was like instant replay. It all happened again exactly like it did the first time.

This time I waited round to see the mysterious mist take it's full form. What I saw was this Image
I freaked again but got a little more guts and stuck it out a little longer. At first I couldn't figure out who was moving. Him or me. Then I realised "Oh crap!!! I'm being drawn in!!" he was like a magnet. At that point I was really starting to get creeped out! I decided to wake up.

Looking back on the experience, I wish I had stuck around and faced my fear. I know that nothing can hurt me. Maybe next time....  ;D
BTW the drawing of the hooded man is an original of the guy that posted it in the forum.  :) I googled "hooded entity" and it came up in the search.

Edit: Oh and in hindsight, I probably won't induce again after a nightmare.....maybe try it once more and see if I have a 'scary' experience again....
Last edited by Luna on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Nice experience and very interesting.  The guy who had the experience is Bedeekin of Astral Viewers.  When he posted his experience he hadn't yet come across mine.  When I saw his picture I immediately told him that that was exactly what I saw.  Only mine revealled a face on approach.

It was also interesting to note that what Bedeekin had described as "glowing filaments", I had earlier described it as "luminous threads".  He had seen three of these beings...I saw two veiled females and one robed hooded figure.

We spoke about this for ages and we thought about the possibility that they might be of an archetypal nature or an element shared on a collective level.  Possibly the idea of a "grim reaper" me thinks.

Anyway, about the way that site sees OOBEs and lucid dreams as two separate things...I used to see it that way as well.  But now I've realised that it is an erroneous way of looking at the Phase.  Actions in the Phase are of a mental nature.  Even movement is a thought in itself whose effect is amplified to emulate physical movement/space/distance in that state of consciousness.  It is not actual even though it appears to be.

So, what they call "1st phase" and "2nd phase" OOBEs there, are nothing but the same thing but being perceived based on certain beliefs.

Consider this passage from SOBT:
"Ignorance of deepening techniques has led to a great number of baseless theories and superstitions. Some practices treat differing phase depths as various states and even
worlds. In reality, there are simple actions that ensure a singular phase experience."

Now that is one of the possible explanations as to why Monroe had his "Locale I" and "Locale II" and why Robert Bruce has his "Real-Time Zone" and "Astral Projection".  Another would be the possibility that sometimes in the Phase anomalies are not spotted which could be mistaken for a physical realm projection.

Also, experiments with split-brain patients where dreaming is concerned suggested that the left brain hemisphere conjures up imagery which is more true to life as opposed to the right one which tends to be more surreal and less accurate.

Perhaps the so-called "1st phase OOBE" is nothing but a carefully calculated product by great activity of the left brain and it is no different from the surreal type in that it is still just the Phase.

By the way, I'd like to mention that, despite having no doubt that Bedeekin saw something similar to me with his "hooded beings" experience,  I still find some of his claims slightly dubious.  A friend of mine recently told me about some of his boastings...don't believe everything you read.

ps. I love Lord of the Rings!  8)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Yes you are right! it was Bedeekin!! I find this site OBE4U alot more informative than the other. I find people are just sort of stabbing in the dark over there and I don't believe ALOT of what is said about 'entities' things attatching to people's souls and rubbish like that  ???  ::)

I found it very interesting that after I read his journal I saw the hooded man. I wonder if I had seen him if I hadn't read his journal entry.
I had a re-ocouring dream as a child about the grim reaper, but he was nothing like this man but I understand what you mean and it could be!!
My husband  plays a PS3 game called Assassin's Creed and he sort of reminded me of him. He didn't emit "evil" or anything really. I was just freaked that he was there and the fact that he looked 100000000000000000 percent REAL.
All up it was a strange experience.
"Ignorance of deepening techniques has led to a great number of baseless theories and superstitions. Some practices treat differing phase depths as various states and even
worlds. In reality, there are simple actions that ensure a singular phase experience."
that's great. Clears things right up!

I love Lord of the Rings too! Awesome movies althought those Orcs really scared me for life lol!

Next time I will push through and challenge my thoughts! After all it's only me out there :)
Last edited by Luna on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Awesome Luna.

It's good to see that the fear is not getting to you like it used to.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I bet some guys will encounter with these hooded creatures/men only because reading your posts about them)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thanks NOVA! Yes, mu fear is slowely starting to subside. YAY!

lol Michael. It will be interesting to see. I bet they do too.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

There is no need to fear.  I know the type of people who believe in entities that suck energy and are evil.  These people fear them and when you tell them it is all poppycock they get aggressive and defend their supposed existence.  ::)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Lol yeah like " if you wanna believe that there is something out there that can suck out your soul....go for it. Have fun with that one"! LOL!

I'll let you all in on a secret... NOVA is actually my mum!! :) hehe. I spent my whole childhood in fear of "evil spirits" and pretty much anything supernatural. So the fact that I am now attempting phase is a BIG deal! I've come along way. I can now see it all for what it is (in my head) and it's very liberating knowing that evil spirits and all that related are NOT REAL!  ;D Don't worry Summerlander....next time, I'm gonna show em who's boss lol!
Last edited by Luna on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

So are you blaming me for your fear of evil spirits.  :P :o ;D

Yes you have come a long way from the entity in your room when you were in SP 2 years ago.  It was only your amigdula.  Our silly brains.

The confidence the Phase gives, is amazing. 
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Mother and daughter!  Wow!  :D
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Mother and daughter....how cool!  I laugh when I think of my mom and I being members of this forum!  Never in a million years!

Thanks summerlander for that excerpt out of michael's book. You are an awesome resource!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

LOL! I just remember the things I've read and I thought it would be worth pointing out!  :-*
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

@ Luna re the hooded figure

Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

Oracle
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

hahah yes it's all your fault lol.

Yeah she is very cool!!! she is the one that put me onto OBE's!
Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?
Faaaaaaaaaaaaave line out of the whole movie. And yes, very appropriate :D
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

I wouldn't be surprised if my son turns up here soon.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

You guys are really making me want to see the Matrix again!!  ;D
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

simply look around and view it ....Dreamsrock
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I want to see the Matrix again too.  That film blew my mind when I first saw it.  The Matrix is a well constructed digital world being fed to the people trapped in those goo-filled incubators via their brains.  The matrix is a shared dream-world.  One can say that those people were constantly in the Phase and the machines made sure of that.

Morpheus offers some great advice.  He tells Neo to believe that he can do the impossible.  He tells him to free his mind.  And, he clearly defined for everyone the real meaning of the word...REAL.

The Matrix may be possible one day (if it isn't happening right now!)  :o