Luna's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Luna's Blog

Post by Luna »

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd start blogging my OBE attempts. Have been reading everyone else's. Some very cool stories!!!

The other morning, about a week ago I attempted to roll out apon awakening and I got massive vibrations and a almighty roar in my ears almost instantly. I could also feel myself moving around in my body. The roaring in my ears was getting louder and louder and like last time (spontaneous paralasis experience that left me very freaked out) I got scared.... I should have just rolled out! Grrr!!! I blew it! However it was my first time actively trying so I was excited that I had results even if they were very short lived.

About 4 mornings ago I'd just woken up from a very vivid dream. I knew my 3yr old son was in the room cause I had been awake earlier. I immediately said to myself "ok out" I heard the roar in my ear but not as loud as last times and felt myself move forward. I was on my left hand side. It felt like i got half out from my waist up to my head but I felt as though I was hanging off to the side of my bed. I could see, but it was dark. As soon as i realised i could see, my vision faded to black. At that second my son must have been out of the room cause I heard him open the door but I also felt like I had sensed or seen him come in before he actually did.  I couldn't work it out. Everything spontaneously stopped as soon as he got to the bed.

This morning I woke up from another vivid dream. Which I've dreamt of before. In the dream I actually knew that I had been there before. When I woke up, I had light vibrations all over. I attempted to roll out and nothing happened. So I tried FFA. It intensified the vibrations a little but I couldn't roll out. I felt stuck just under my skin. Was the weirdest sensation. I did more FFA and tried the rope, listening in, levitation, brain strain, phantom wiggling..everything!!! And nothing!! Looking back I think because I didn't have intention before I went to sleep I was rewarded with a very frustrating attempt. Lesson learnt.
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Luna's Blog

Post by NOVA »

You are there Luna.
Just keep practising, you are so close. 
Don't get mad with yourself.  I think maybe when the brain is over stimluated, even though the vibrations are there, can cause failed attempts.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Yes, you're very close. Actually, you were in the phase in all these situations.

Just keep trying, but don't do it everyday
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I agree with Raduga. You were in the Phase state in all of the situations. Yesterday morning, my wife (who doesn't really display much of an interest in this subject) reported to me that she had her first lucid dream...

It actually started as a false awakening, and, of course, she was not planning to have the experience in any way.

In that morning, when I left for work, she had woken up briefly and decided that she'd doze off with the nagging thought that she must get up soon in order to make breakfast for the kids. Hmmm...you are probably getting the picture of what was to come which she unknowingly was setting herself up for.

Suddenly, in her half-asleep half-awake state, she thought she heard the kids calling her. She got up (without realising that this was an act of 'separation' - or 'Phase entry' if you prefer) to make her way to the kids rooms but decided to sit on the floor in the hallway to rest for a little while...

Then she looked around and noticed something peculiar. The banister was funny, some of the uprights were missing and the staircase was not congruent with what she clearly remembered it should be like.

"Hang on a minute!" - she thought. "This isn't right!" - and this was her moment of lucidity. "I must be dreaming!" - then she woke up.

I told her that what she encountered is the same world that I enter already lucid upon a perceived separation from the body. She had her first taste of the Phase and I was elated...;D

I advised her to employ deepening techniques next time she enters the Phase, so that she can maintain her awareness there and prolong her stay. Once she does this she can then explore and tap into the amazing potential that such state of consciousness has on offer.

I asked her if she had been paying attention to the Michael Raduga videos that I had been watching on Youtube...she told me she hadn't as she had other things in mind. Let's hope she stumbles upon another Phase taster that will incite her interest to the point where she'll want to voluntarily induce her experiences.
Last edited by Summerlander on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thank you Nova, Michael and Summerlander for your replies.
It's good to know that I was in Phase in all situations I mentioned. It's very encouraging!!

Woah Summerlander!! Your wife is lucky! Also good for you now that she knows what you do and that it's real!!

My husband told me the other day that he is a lucid dreamer (he also doesn't have any interest in the subject) and he usually becomes aware that he's dreaming once he gets a fright in a dream. He says he then can do whatever he likes, controls the whole dream and can manifest objects!!! How he isn't interested in it is beyond me. He says he's always been able to do it!!! Lucky man!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

That's crazy Summerlander!  My wife told me on Sunday that she had her first lucid dream!  She gets these dreams where people are after her a lot and she gets terrified.  So I told her next time it happens to just fly away.  So...she had this dream on Sunday night and that's exactly what she did.  She thought it was pretty cool.  But I was the one that was more excited it happened.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Luna and dreamsrock, it seems that we are on the same boat. What is wrong with our partners? Why is it that we are doing all the excitement for them? LOL :D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I don't know what's wron with them! Their crazy!! Lol
I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but I'd be interested to find out. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night and a part of my body didn't feel right!! The upper part of my chest felt very strange without going into details. I didn't want to find out what was going on so went back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning all was back to normal thank goodness!!! Has this happened to any of you?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Did it feel slightly heavier? This can be a symptom of deep sleep paralysis and the fact that you are paying attention to your breathing which causes discordance in its function. Why does it do this? Because during sleep paralysis, breathing is supposed to be on "autopilot" (doing it unconsciously).

Conscious breathing is different to the unconscious one. If an individual becomes consciously aware of breathing in sleep paralysis, he or she will tamper with this flow (very hard not to unless one immediately focuses on something else in the mind) and, because the muscles that are usually used in conscious breathing are atonic, they cannot be easily utilised and hence why a mild pressure may be experienced.

The body has another way to breathe during muscle atonia. You interrupted its natural flow, and, despite the weirdness or discomfort, it is really nothing to worry about as it will always go back to normal. It can happen. You may do breathing exercises to relax yourself when you plan to induce (but you don't have to), and, once you near the hypnagogic state, it is ideal to not focus on your breathing. Focus on something else instead.

I hope this answers your question! ;)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

No Summerlander, it didn't feel heavy. It was quite odd. I thought it might have been a false awakening. I felt the top half of my chest and it felt different use your imagination but 'things' felt smaller than usual. Night time seems to be quite active since I've started attempting OBE's. I get more full on dreams and odd things happening apron awakening now that I'm aware of the phase and what can happen.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Oh and thanks for the rundown of what can happen if you wake up during sleep paralysis. If it ever happens I will know what's going on!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

That sounds good. It seems that you are paying a lot of attention or getting more connected to Phase matters. :)

As for the chest thing, I don't really know, there are many weird sensations that one can experience during induction. I wouldn't worry about it though. 8)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I'm getting closer!!!! This afternoon we all had afternoon naps all 3 of us. My son, husband and myself. I was excited cause it was a great opportunity for me to attempt an OBE without being disturbed like in the mornings.

We all went down at 1:30pm. I only got 5 hours of sleep the night before so my nap was full of vivid dreams. Nothing too out of the ordinary but very real. Even had the new car we  just purchased in it but it looked different.

I had a false awakening!!! I woke up and rolled over and thought to myself "darn it i moved!!!" My husband then sat up in bed and started singing " you could be asleep but your not nah nah nah nah nah" I laughed and looked at him and realised to myself this isn't real! I'm dreaming!

I woke up instantly. I immediately tried to rollout. It didn't work but I felt myself moving inside my body,  so I tried to sit up. I could see!!! But i still wasnt sure if I was sitting up or not. It felt like i was but it also felt like I was being pulled in all directions and that my head was still 'attached' (like sticky substance between two fingers)

My vision was flickering but I could see the walls infront of me. They were a shade of pastel mint but still so bright and clear. (in real life my walls are a yellowy creamy colour) I could also see my bedroom window. It looked different though. It was up much higher and it wasn't as wide as in waking life!!! I was so excited!!

At that moment I heard a mans voice to the right of me. I thought it might have been my husband talking to me because it was muffled and it threw me off. I then heard a dog barking and felt my husband move. I didn't snap back but just found myself lying back down and waking up. My husband was looking at me when I woke up, I asked him if he said something and he said he didn't! I looked at the clock it was 5:05pm.

Next time I'm gonna get out!!! I'm sure of it!!!
Last edited by Luna on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

I'm sure you will. Go for it!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Actually, you were in the phase. Be a little bit more self-confident and persistant next time. Now you know how it may trick you.
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Yes I realise I was in the phase, this is why I was excited! not only was I in it but I knew I was in it!! :) I agree I have to have a little more self confidence. Its because I am a little nervous about what I'm going to find. I'm sure however that next time I'm gonna fully separate!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I DID ITTTT!!!!!

I woke up when my husband was getting ready for work and thought "great now it's never gonna happen" from previous experiences. He talks to me and I end up too awake to go back to sleep. However I was determined!!

I did FFA and felt light vibrations but knew it wasn't enough so tried it again. I fell asleep and dreamt about my brother and I traveling down a river and we ended out the front of Target where a great big Bengal tiger tried to attack us. All the shop assistants looked unaffected by the whole thing. We distracted him by throwing rubbish at him while we swam away!! Hahaha!

I then woke up. I needed to go to the toilet but decided to ignore it. I Felt light vibrations and did more FFA. I knew I was in phase, I could feel myself moving but the vibrations weren't there anymore. I thought to myself "that's odd...oh well just roll out!" So I did!!!! 

I was on my husbands side of the bed and I couldn't see properly. My eyes felt stuck together. After some straining I could see out of my left eye fine and noticed a whole lot of pillows and blankets piled on the floor. I thought "how did all that get there??"
I tried to open my right eye but it was stuck together. I tried physically opening it with my fingers but it was stuck like glue and thought "what if I rip my skin" lol knowing full well I couldn't. Then I thought the reason it's not opening is cause I have to deepen! I closed my eyes and frantically started touching everything I could. I touched the walls my husbands bedside table and knocked over everything. I could hear glass hitting the table. I'd knocked over a glass of water. I still couldn't see!!! I kinda stalled and didn't know what to do.

Then I remembered while I was in phase I wanted to stick my head out of my CLOSED bedroom window look out and jump!!! (my bedroom is on the 2nd floor) I ran excitedly to the window and stuck my head out!!! Arrgghh!! It works! Soooo cooool!

I jumped out and before I hit the ground I said "I want to fly" I took off and flew around my house and the others around it. "ahhh so this is what it feels like" it was amazing! All of a sudden SPLAT! Lol I fell outta the sky! How rude!! Hahaha!

I jumped up and tried again. I didn't take off but kinda hovered and then fell again. I did this twice and on the third time I took off. I flew down the road. I still couldn't see out my right eye and thought I wonder if I can make it rain?  "i want it to rain" It started raining!!! As soon as it stsrted raining i could see out of both eyes. I wiped my face. Beautiful cool rain drops as I was flying! It was so peaceful. I didn't want it to end.

It did however and I found myself sitting on the side of the road a street over from mine. Realizing I needed to go to the toilet! Damn it!!! I woke up.

That was the coolest thing I have ever experienced in my life! Soooo much fun! Can't wait for more OBE's bring it onnnn!
Last edited by Luna on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Luna wrote: That was the coolest thing I have ever experienced in my life! Soooo much fun! Can't wait for more OBE's bring it onnnn!
That's why we do it. Congratulations for joining us)
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Thats pretty cool!!!!

Next time you have problems with opening one or both eyes, close them and try to see your hands through your eyelids.

There are a lot of techniques to recreate your vision in the guidebook. Check them out!!

Congratulations!!!
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Yaaaahooo Luna!
Isnt it interesting someone else was talking about trying to make it rain phase and Michael has never tried it either.
But you, you are just a natural haha!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thank you Michael, JorgeLTE and Nova!! I'm very excited!!

Yes JorgeLTE, I will have to go back over those techniques. All that came to mind was palpitating. Will def try the Looking through eyelids!! Sounds cool!

Nova, as soon as I finished reading your post I went looking for the one u mentioned! Woah! Didn't know it was something ppl haven't tried! I just told it to happen and it did :)
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

JorgeLTE wrote: Thats pretty cool!!!!

Next time you have problems with opening one or both eyes, close them and try to see your hands through your eyelids.

There are a lot of techniques to recreate your vision in the guidebook. Check them out!!

Congratulations!!!
JorgeLTE is right.
That is a very good technique for vision,it helped me a couple of times!!
Just place your hands in front of your eyes and start waving them as you try to see them,vision will appear in less than 3 seconds!!

And about the rain,''Oblivion'' says,in a post on the forum ,that rain works for him perfectly as deepening,as you feel the rain-drops falling on your face,or snowflakes,or wind!!
Your experience,could be so good and clear,cause the rain helped you in deepening and mantaining:D
Anyways congratulations and welcome:D Never give up doing it,no matter how frustrating becomes sometimes:D

wiii
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thanks wiii! I have read your blog numerous times thinking "oh man...how cool! I wanna do what he does!!"
Yes, well with the rain and deepening, that would explain me being able to see properly the instant it started to rain. :) will have to try it again!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

WoW Luna!!  What a breathe of fresh air...I loved reading your post!  So exciting when someone has success!  You ROCK!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thanks dreamsrock! :)

I became lucid in a dream this morning attempting an OBE.

I woke up and didn't move, but my husbands legs were touching mine and he kept moving. It was very distracting. I rolled over and did FFA (my favourite) Images came quickly but I must have fallen asleep.

I saw my old boyfriends sister sitting in an old beat up nimbus and laughed. She's such a snob, if she new she was driving a nimbus around in my dreams shed be horrified!! This made me think, "hang on, is that even her?" I looked at her for what felt like ages but it was like the dream was on pause. It was strange. Nothing moved. Not her, not her hair, not the car. Then once I stopped staring at her it all changed and went on with the dream.
I was on a building site with her brother (ex bf) and he had poured concrete all over a bed. I challenged him and said that it wasn't even. He told me to test it so I lifted up my leg to test with my foot. As soon as I did that I actually felt my leg lift up. I pause for a second and thought "did I just feel that?" so tried it again. "I did feel it!!!" I hopped up on the bed and started jumping all over it!!! I was feeling myself jumping all over this bed!! Just then as I was getting so excited it all stopped and I woke up. Gaah!!
I've never really planned to become lucid in a dream so I guess I've never armed myself with the tools to maintain and control. Are they the same as a conscious OBE?
Last edited by Luna on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

That's two Phase experiences already and yes, they are the same.  The glue in the eye and blurriness...that is so typical in the Phase.  I tend to rub my eyes too sometimes.  then I remember that it is the metaphysical realm I'm in and I just start rubbing my hands or touching nearby objects while i demand to see.  then...voila!  ;)

Thanks for sharing your experiences!  I am so happy for you and now you are truly with us!!  You have this for life now!  8)

By the way...in my book, this is how I see it (so you might as well forget terms such as "OOBE" and "lucid dream"...or don't as I understand that sometimes one needs to be specific of the type of entry used):

There are 3 ways to enter the Phase.  Before, during and after sleep...

The "before" part includes what many categorise as OOBEs and wake-induced lucid dreams (WILDs) and it can be frequent to those people who have mastered being aware in the hypnagogic state and from then on can employ a method of separation post vibrations/SP OR launching from hypnagogic imagery. 

The "during" is where dream-induced lucid dreams (DILDs) occur, where one enters the Phase the minute they realise it's a dream.  This, of course, can be hit and miss, but, it may be the best method of Phase entry for those who practice at being 'dream detectives', perform reality checks regularly, record their dreams and thus improve dream recall, and reinforce the idea in their minds of attaining lucidity in dreamland. 

The "after" part includes OOBEs and WILDs again, with or without VS.  This is probably the easiest way of entering the Phase.  One can get up from bed and then lay back down to induce, OR, they can partially wake up from a dream, remain still, and, enter the Phase from the hypnopompic state.

They are all Phase entries.
Last edited by Summerlander on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Thanks for that clarity Summerlander. I like having you around.
I resonate with your writings.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I never talk at my seminars about techniques to become lucid in dreams, but 1/3 results come from it anyway (1/3 - separation upon awakenings,1/3 - indirect  techniques). That's why I think there's no reason to discuss these techniques - it'll happen anyway when you're focused on indirect or direct techniques.

Just be prepared for this situation. It's a way to get the phase too, so you need to perform deepening and a plan of action
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

NOVA wrote: Thanks for that clarity Summerlander. I like having you around.
I resonate with your writings.
Cool!  I'm glad I'm making sense. Phew!  :D
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Michael Raduga wrote: I never talk at my seminars about techniques to become lucid in dreams, but 1/3 results come from it anyway (1/3 - separation upon awakenings,1/3 - indirect  techniques). That's why I think there's no reason to discuss these techniques - it'll happen anyway when you're focused on indirect or direct techniques.

Just be prepared for this situation. It's a way to get the phase too, so you need to perform deepening and a plan of action

When I performed indirect techniques upon awakenings,3,4 or more cycles without results,I almost always fall asleep after and ended up in the phase by becoming conscious in the dream!
You are so right Michael!!

wiii