NEWS: PRACTICAL GUIDEBOOK. New version (2011)

All important news and announcements
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

NEWS: PRACTICAL GUIDEBOOK. New version (2011)

Post by Michael Raduga »

It's ready http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf !!!!

If you see some mistakes, please, write about them to [email protected]
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Re: PRACTICAL GUIDEBOOK. New version

Post by LucidDreaming »

I want to help!!!

*I think that "fast start" chapter is very very important, because a lot of my friends can't read books, if the beginning is not interesting or there is written a lot, but nothing important. Summarizing all the book in few pages would be very helpful.

*There are a lot of people who are interested in the Phase, but their native language is not English. They can't read, because they don't understand what is written in the book, so sentences containing clever words or difficult constructions at the beginning of the book is like saying "You won't understand this" to them.

* Only 1 out of 10 people I know believe in OBE or LD, so the biggest and the hardest work is to make them believe in it after reading your book. I don't have any ideas on how to do this, because people are very sceptical.

To sum up everything I, personally, would love to read a book which would be very optimistic, wouldn't contain hard, not understandable, words or sentences and would "pump me up" (what I mean is, that after reading the book I would be like: "f*ck yeah, I can do this!!!!!").
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Ssergiu »

* Only 1 out of 10 people I know believe in OBE or LD, so the biggest and the hardest work is to make them believe in it after reading your book. I don't have any ideas on how to do this, because people are very sceptical.
Perhaps explaining them that OOBEs are not that far from dreams and all the cool sensations you can experience with your body?  ;D
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

My mom thinks I am an idiot. I don't wanna try anymore... -.-
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

LucidDreaming wrote: My mom thinks I am an idiot. I don't wanna try anymore... -.-
Lol, i've given up talking to my friends about my OBE experiences and such as they just give me strange looks and take the piss out of me, fortunately my girlfriend is open minded enough and loves to hear my stories.

I wouldn't worry about what other people think, the phase is always a very personal experience anyway.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

*I think that "fast start" chapter is very very important, because a lot of my friends can't read books, if the beginning is not interesting or there is written a lot, but nothing important. Summarizing all the book in few pages would be very helpful.
More over, there was another problem: actual actions started only after 48 pages! I still wander why nobody mentioned this huge problem.

My english isn't good enough so I'm writing it on Russian. My american translator will work on English version and I'm hardly able to influence on it. For other languages there will be other translations.

There will be much more information about the nature of the phenomenon from scientific point of view so there will be much less chances to treat us like idiots. There is some good news and updates.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

There will be much more information about the nature of the phenomenon from scientific point of view so there will be much less chances to treat us like idiots. There is some good news and updates.
Can I ask what kind of information from scientific point of view you will talk about?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

As example, about an analogy with narcolepsy(almost the same processes, that discovered on dogs a few years ago) and about experiments in Max-Plank-Institute (Munich). And some other things.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

As example, about an analogy with narcolepsy(almost the same processes, that discovered on dogs a few years ago) and about experiments in Max-Plank-Institute (Munich). And some other things.
I've watched a japanese cartoon (anime) about narcoleptic boy, whenever he fell asleep, he entered OBE. That's the only reason I got interested in this phenomenan anyway. Looking forward to this on your book.

Will there be a download for Russian version of your book on this website? My mother is half Russian and appereantly, she can talk and read in Russian. Maybe after reading your book, she won't think I am nuts.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

For making it really better, I need your critics and advices, what you want to see there and what don't.
Please help me, guys!
I think you can make it bigger but I do not know how to make it better. It is a groundbreaking book that compiles the simplest and most effective techniques for getting OBE that I have seen anywhere.

I guess I will read it again to see if I can make any suggestions. I hope I can think of something to help.

edit: I just thought of something I would like to see. A section on how to go from getting OBE maybe 3 mornings in a row and then going into a dry spell for a week or two. I see there are many people who get stuck at this level. Instruction on how to get to a point where one is successful nearly every day would be great.
Last edited by Rudolph on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

I would very much like to see more advise on the first step: entering the phase. This is the most important! Once someone gets through it then it is only a matter of practice, but I suspect most people who try OBE fail on this first step and then never come back.

From my experience. After a year of trying I was NEVER been able to wake up without moving, not once. I have tried for very long time, but most people probably give up sooner. I know my reasons (I always wake up due to some muscle discomfort, so have to stretch and move), but I bet there are a lot of other reasons.

So, with the above, THE ONLY ONE advice is: forced falling asleep. I was never been able to do this either, and I bet many people can't. I tried a lot, it only wakes me up. In fact I wasn't able to force myself to sleep in my entire life (spent a few nights sleepless until I learned that trying to do this only makes it worse).

So as I understand, without any of those 2 skills, I am NEVER able to enter the phase? And my only option is to give up?

The only reason I am still here is because other methods worked to some extent (e.g. waking up with an alarm) and a few others, but none was good enough to be able to this more often then once per 2 weeks on average.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

Reread counscious awakening chapter and you are done.
I bet your mistakes are one of these:
*Being awake for too long or too less after waking up after 6 hours of sleep.
*Lack of intention or self confidence.
P.S. Try direct techniques or becoming counscious in a dream.

And about a book:
I think that there was enough information about entering the phase. You can find every possible answer there and writting even more would be a waste. But that's just my opinion.
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

I am pretty sure I made no those "mistakes" you listed (I bet you can't explain what it means to intend something).

You can't practice to become aware during dreaming. Well, yes, you can do all those "am I dreaming now" like techniques during the day, spend a lot of time and then ... nothing or almost nothing. I tried that for years. They produced some results but mostly at random and rarely.

Practicing direct technique without being able to forcing myself to fall in a sleep makes no sense. Those two are closely related. But as a matter of fact I did manage it once, in the morning, I awoke, stretched, rolled over to the other side, and was about to go to sleep (normal) and I suddenly got angry about this awakening problem, and bum, I am in the phase :-). But it happened only once, not possible to reproduce. I guess this is similar to other people who try normal indirect techniques after movement, sometimes it works, but rarely.

In my opinion OBE will never become a common practice until people are able to enter the phase for at least a short time. This is the most important part of the book. And now most people can't do it, and give up.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

You lack self confidence. You just say that you can't do that and you can't do that, I can't possibly succeed at that. If all you thing about is failing you will eventually fail, so why bother trying? My advice would be reading a book again and getting yourself motivated. Some of my friends and I have already entered the phase and we think that book lacks descriptions about possible actions in the "another world". There were some abilities and common things described, but I would love to read more.
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

It is always a safe to say about someone else's confidence, because nobody can prove or disprove that right ?  ;) Even though you have no idea, I might be more confident then you, just less talented in this topic. I am probably more talented in others, that is how it is, no brain is the same.

When I say that something can't be done it is not about my belief, but about reasonable facts and observation over a long time. Just like when you say, that you can't ride a bike if you don't have one, no matter how confident you are.

I have no problem about the phase once I get there. In fact I had one today in the morning and it was better then ever. My only problem is to get there more often then once a month. On the other hand I know people who tried as hard but were never able to get there, so I guess it is not as bad.
Last edited by jarekf on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

I can prove it to anyone, because all I would need is show your posts, they are full of pessimism. Yes, talent may change something here. There are natural phasers, who achieve Lucid Dream every night without any efforts. And I can assure you that I am not one of them and I have no talent at this point. All I do is follow the book and I guarantee that you don't. How can I do that? Your posts.
Well, yes, you can do all those "am I dreaming now" like techniques during the day
Anchors, REM period and self confidence play the role here and not "I am dreaming" thing. Mantras have never worked for me either. Besides, according to Michael if you practise indirect technqiues, 1/3 of your phases will be achieved while becoming aware in a dream.
Practicing direct technique without being able to forcing myself to fall in a sleep makes no sense
Why? You don't need to know hot to do "forced falling asleep" so succeed at direct techniques. At least this was not written in the book.

P.S. Forced falling asleep is not as hard as you think it is. There are some very good threads in this forum explaining how to do it. You will get it at the first try. And our posts will be deleted anyway, because we are off topic here.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Will there be a download for Russian version of your book on this website? My mother is half Russian and appereantly, she can talk and read in Russian. Maybe after reading your book, she won't think I am nuts.
On Russian it'll be even earlier than on English: http://www.aing.ru
edit: I just thought of something I would like to see. A section on how to go from getting OBE maybe 3 mornings in a row and then going into a dry spell for a week or two. I see there are many people who get stuck at this level.
It all will be there. There really is a lot of ways to make much more effective and easy.
So, with the above, THE ONLY ONE advice is: forced falling asleep. I was never been able to do this either, and I bet many people can't. I tried a lot, it only wakes me up. In fact I wasn't able to force myself to sleep in my entire life (spent a few nights sleepless until I learned that trying to do this only makes it worse).

So as I understand, without any of those 2 skills, I am NEVER able to enter the phase? And my only option is to give up?
In the whole book there's only one bold paragraph. It's about not so high importance of being without movings upon awakenings. You should try to make attempts in all awakenings (but skip separation).

More over, if you move, not only FFA may help you, but observing images too.

Anyway, there'll be a new instruction for novices in the "fast start chapter"
I think that there was enough information about entering the phase. You can find every possible answer there and writting even more would be a waste. But that's just my opinion.
That's almost right but now it's already too hard for novices (real practice starts from 48th page). It is too complicated to them. That's why I decided to include a short "fast start chapter".

Guys, please don't offtop
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I think you should make a very short mini-book as a quick start manual for beginners.  That may be less intimidating.

I think the difficult part is expressing that it is easy and can be achieved if you have confidence while not making it seem so easy that people get discouraged and quit if it takes them a long time.

That line is hard between making appear easy enough so that people will be confident while letting people know that they can still achieve it if it is difficult and they should keep working.

Maybe a section for people who are still having trouble after weeks of attempts.

Also maybe some "testimonials" of people who had a lot of problems achieving their first few phase experiences but not can do it easily.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Thanks! Some of these will be there.

It's translating to English now. The translator needs 4 weeks to accomplish the work
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

Michael Raduga wrote: Thanks! Some of these will be there.

It's translating to English now. The translator needs 4 weeks to accomplish the work
Excellent. Look forward to reading that :)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

In the meantime, read the current version of SOBT.  It's really very good.  LucidDreaming, here's a question...

How would you go about entering the phase if you wanted to?  Describe in detail what you would do and include what happens to you typically and why you think it's not working.

Then maybe we might be able to help you. 

I'd also like to share something with everyone: entering the phase is not as hard as what people usually make it out to be.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
SuperGamer54321

Post by SuperGamer54321 »

2012..too far I was hoping to read it earlier..but oo well cnt wait  ;D
Happy Travels!!!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

it'll be very soon(7-10 days)
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

I can't wait to read it.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

Me too. I'm looking forward to reading about the new results from FFA.
johnny
PHASER
PHASER

Post by johnny »

yeah been waiting a long time.

i have butterflies in my stomach.

i hope that it will help me to have more obe`s
its your mind.....use it or loose it
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

It's ready http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf !!!!

Last edited by Michael Raduga on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
vithiely

Post by vithiely »

Michael Raduga wrote: It's ready http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf !!!!

Thank you for your work Michael ! I am going to read it right now (all the stuff about indirect techniques first ;-)) !

Vincent
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

It's great so far Michael!!! I'm really enjoying it. I liked the first one but this one is much easier to read!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
ThePhaseMaster

Post by ThePhaseMaster »

Thank you for all your hard work Micheal, I am going to enjoy reading every page of this book, I'll see you guys on the "other side" ;D