LawPaw's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

LawPaw's Blog

Post by LawPaw »

I've decided to begin a phase blog here to aid myself by documenting my development and hopefully receiving feedback while hopefully helping others by being another example to draw upon.

I do not intend to "document" every phase experience.  Only those that seem like they need to be shared because I need help explaining them or that they make good examples.

To begin I will tell you all a little bit about myself that I feel effects my attitude toward the phase so that we can better understand one another. 

You do not need to read any further, but if you feel like you want a better perspective on who I am to understand where I am coming from read on.

Hopefully this will also help inspire others like myself who are not typically the type to engage in this sort of thing.

I am a conservative Christian American.  Actually I am very libertarian.  I attend a baptist church and my relationship to God is of the utmost importance to me.  I actually agree with much of what Raduga has said about the Bible in that many experiences in the Bible were in the phase.

I am very left and very right brained.  I am an attorney who recently graduated from a top law school.  My undergraduate degree was in vocal music and I am currently in a rock band who performs locally.  I also love visual arts, sometimes I paint, but typically I work in photoshop and final cut pro on my Mac.  I also love to garden since I grew up on a farm.  My father is a very successful plant breeder and my mother is an art teacher (explaining left and right brained).  I grow much of my own food but hate the "organic" label.  I also love to exercise and am training for my 4th marathon and have run multiple half-marathons.  I also love yoga and weight lifting.

I am married and have a 2.5 year old and a cat.

My attitude toward the phase is completely "pragmatic" in that I believe it is just a state of consciousness where the body is asleep but the mind is awake.  I do not believe it effects any kind of world outside of my mind, but do think that it holds great potential for understanding myself better, communicating with subconscious, and placebo type effects.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Re: LawPaw's Blog

Post by LawPaw »

June 3, 2011

Lessons:  Deepen fully before beginning the plan of action.  Look for signals of a weak phase and if you see them deepen immediately.  Sticking with a plan of action can make even a weak phase experience last much longer than it otherwise would.

I have been having trouble attaining and maintaining the phase in the last couple of months.  I believe it is stress related.  Today was an all too typical example.

Plan of action:  Wake up go downstairs through living room (change wall colors once); drink "phase potion" in fridge; go outside and make my fruiting plants grow, produce, and ripen fruit; find a mirror under my chokecherry tree; look at myself; teleport to Telluride, CO; fly around in mountains; return to my body; attempt another phase with another plan of action (already planned out).

My first alarm went off at 5AM.  I should get up for a little while and then go back to sleep in the guest room downstairs (deferred method), but I decide I am too tired and go back to sleep.  This is the first time I've done this in a month.

At 7AM my alarm for the day goes off and I decide to go back to sleep a little and attempt the phase.  This is the first time I've ever done that on a week day.

After awakening without moving I begin direct techniques.  I am still very sleepy.  In an "imagined movement" cycle I begin to feel very real sensations and lose all connection with my physical body.  I am blind somewhere in the phase.

I rub my hands, arms, legs, and face until I get sight.  Oddly at first it is only imagined sight like a normal dream but quickly becomes complete sight like real life.  The phase is still very weak, but I begin my plan of action.  I should have deepened further through peering or other options, but didn't.  I will pay for that shortly.

I am in my bedroom.  My wife is there but, thankfully, no one else is.  No strangers milling about like normal.  Normally she isn't there and I'm still groggy so I begin to talk to her, but then remember my plan of action and go down stairs.

I walk through my living room on my way to the kitchen and touch the wall to change colors.  It turns yellow even though I meant the walls to turn blue.  I should have deepened since this was an indication I didn't have complete control but I continued into the kitchen.

There are two strangers in my kitchen at our breakfast nook.  This isn't uncommon.  They ignore me.

I open the fridge with the intention that a small vile of a liquid will be in the fridge.  This liquid will help deepen and lengthen the phase (i tell myself to induce a placebo type effect).  The fridge is full of food, but the only drinks are 7up and milk.  We never have 7up.  I close the fridge and open it again with the placebo intention.  Once again full of food and the 7up and milk.  I drink the 7up telling myself it is my "phase potion."

I should have deepened further once again since my lack of control over my fridge items and general groggy state showed a very weak phase.

I continue my plan of action by going outside to our garden.  When I step outside my vision goes away.  I've never lost vision in the phase.  I then begin rubbing hands and try to deepen, but I am so groggy and the phase is so weak I am already close to exiting into sleep like I do all too often.

I do restore vision, but now it isn't as completely real as it normally is.  It is no where near real life.

I walk to one of my grapevines and make it grow out the full years growth and produce ripe fruit.  The fruit is very sickly looking and tasteless.  This lack of control should have signaled me to deepen, but I continue.

Suddenly I'm not in my yard, I am in a random place with two people I have known from my past talking too me.

I have almost entirely lost lucidity and no longer have control over my dream.  We are by a pool and one friend throws the other in.  This is very dream like and not very lucid, but I do have a little lucidity.

I do find a tree that looks like my chokecherry and it has mature fruit.  I take a berry and eat it.  Unlike the grapes it takes just like a chokecherry, which is to say it tastes very bitter and awful.  I start spitting it out everywhere and thinking "why would I taste this and not my grapes, this is awful, my grapes are awesome!"

Then I return to my body.  It is now 8AM.  My memory of the entire experience is somewhat diminished.  I am fairly certain I slipped into a complete dream state somewhere in there because it doesn't quite feel completely real like a normal phase experience should.

The end.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Thanks for the decision to lead this blog. It will motivate other practitioners a lot.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I had a strange thing happen last weekend.

I awoke without moving nearly in the phase.  Loud rushing noises and all the sensations you learn mean that you can seperate.

But I had this perception that someone was in my room.  I hadn't seperated yet. 

Most of the time random people are everyone when I'm in the phase, but I usually only see them and they always are passive, only responding to my actions.

I hear this guy walk from the corner area over to my bed side and he starts talking to me.

He was asking me what I was doing here.  He said he hadn't seen me before.

The strange thing is that I had an impression in my mind who he was like I could recognize him. He seemed very creepy.  This made me not want to seperate because I ddin't want to see him in person.

Then I decided to try to do the alien abduction method because I wanted to know what kind of aliens my mind would create.

But in the end I was just to creeped out to get anything to work so I went back to sleep.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Also, since my last recorded phase where I was looking for a mirror I have looked at myself in my bathroom mirror while in the phase.

Nothing special, just me.  The mirror was also solid and completely normal.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

If upon awakenings you feel presence of someone,it's a phase for 100%. Stand up immediately and make perfect experience.

It's interesting, but to see your real reflection in a mirror is a very rare situation.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I think I'll try the mirror thing again.

Maybe it was because I expected to see myself and it was my normal bathroom.

I think I'll try a mirror outside.

I haven't made any attempts for 2 nights, so I'll make that part of my action plan tomorrow morning.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

First time achieving lucidity in a dream, but it was short lived because my vision disappeared and I could not get it back.

---------

I haven't had a chance to make any attempts in about a week, so I had high expectations.  Got up after 5 hours of sleep then went back to sleep in the guest room so I would be disturbed.

I had a string of dreams that are by far the most vivid and long lasting dreams since childhood.  I had quick sucessions of adventures that aren't important here.  Twice I was tired and actually went to sleep in my dream then woke up in a continuation of the dream.  It seems like I may have actually slept in my dream.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Anyway, to continue, throughout the dreams I had more lucidity than a normal dream.  I wasn't lucid, but there were several times I thought something wasn't quite right.

For example, at one point I was buying drugs from a drug dealer and they cost $5.  In the dream just the fact that it was only $5 seemed weird, forget about the fact that in the real world I don't do drugs at all or even know how much they cost.

The third time that I found myself naked in public during this dream I thought, "wait a minute, why am I naked in public, I'm never naked in public."  Then a slowly (over a few seconds) began to realize it was a dream and became lucid.

It was the strangest and possibly most exhilerating experience in my life.  I can't even really describe it.

To go from being "mindless" to fully conscious was jarring and unbelievable. 

The only problem was that once this happened I lost vision.  But I was still very distracted from the feeling of going from being mindless to awake so I didn't realize it for a couple of seconds.

This led me to lose confidence that I knew what my surroundings were.  Being blind with no concept of my surroundings was very distburbing.  I should have dived down, which is what I do when I quckly lose vision when phasing, but instead I began palpitating vigorously. 

At some point I returned to my body and began palpitating in real life, which ruined the whole thing.

I was unable to get another entrence, but I was so tired that I didn't wake up again until my son woke me up 2 hours after begining the deferred method, then I had to get up for the day.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Had my first "creative" phase last night.  It was very exciting.

Normally other people in the phase are very passive and don't interact unless I initiate.

I hadn't gotten into the phase in over a week.  I did my normal beginning, went outside, looked at the mulberry tree by my house that I've been harvesting for wine in real life.

In real life I lay down sheets then shake the branches, which usually leads me to climb the tree to shake the higher (mid-level) branches.

I was looking at the tree trying to figure out how to better harvest from it when I guy with a beard climbed the tree and tied twine to the upper branches.  The twine reached to a couple of feet from the ground.  He told me that I could just use the twine to shake the upper branches.

I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of this consciously since I used to tie ropes in a lot of trees in college to make rope swings.

I also had a lady by my tomatoes telling me that I could fry the green unripen tomatoes that fall or aren't ready when frost hits.  I had read this recently, so it wasn't new information, but I hadn't consciously thought of the twine trick for the mulberry tree.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Gotta love it!  These are the things that happen when we pay attention to what goes on in the phase....or dreams.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I had another lucid dream last Saturday.  It is possible I immediately separated after awakening, but either way it was the Phase.

The longest and most realistic experience I've had.  Unfortunately I was locked in an unfamiliar place.  Another weird thing was that I was completely alone.  No random people.

It was an unfamiliar house, and all the doors were locked.  The place was essentially empty.  I couldn't fly or translocate, I think because it was too real.

I did deepening techniques at first (rubbing ect.) but then stopped because I wanted the phase to "lighten" thinking this would let me translocate.

It was so real that at first that I kept doing reality checks.  Pluging my nose and closing my mouth while exhaling very hard.  Very strange sensation to have your air holes plugged, yet be able to exhale and breath.

Strange thing again is that I eventually thought that it must be strange to see my real body doing these weird breathing things and that it might wake up my wife.  Then I was standing their with my eyes closed imagining my real body seeing it in my head.  This didn't take me back to my body.

Then I tried to return to my body thinking I could seperate again and have more control, but nothing I tried brought me back to my body. 

Then I went around testing the doors until I fell into regular sleep.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Also had a string of OBE's Monday morning.

Regular separation, but blind.  Felt around, but the furniture I felt wasn't my furniture.  I thought it would be cool to be in a mountain cabin, and when I gained vision I was in an unfamiliar mountain cabin.  Again I was alone.

It was completely real again, like my last experience.  I was so excited I started running around (after doing deepening).  Ran around the house exploring for a while until I was out breath.  Then I was afraid that all the heavy breathing would wake me up.

This time the thought of having a real body instantly made the phase experience weaken so that I was afraid I would fall asleep.  I began to deepen.

Then I saw a jug of a drink in the kitchen and told myself it would help me deepen.

It was the most delicious thing I've tasted.  I've eaten and drank in the phase before, it always tasted like whatever I thought it would.  I didn't have any expectations, only to deepen.  It was like a sweet carbonated drink only without any bite.  Really it was indescribable.

Strangely, the drink did deepen me back to complete realism and I was so excited I ran around exploring again.  Then, again, I was afraid of waking.  This time the thought brought me back to bed.

I attempted to separate, but my wife called for me so I got right up.  After a few moments I realized that I was still in the phase.  Getting up was really just in the phase, but it took me a few moments to realize this.  I was back in my house.

After some time in my house I awoke in my bed for real, but quickly re-entered the phase in my house once more.

I was going to do a fourth, but my real wife shook my arm during separation to get me up for the day because it was well past the time I normally get up.

I'm not sure how long I slept before I entered the phase the first time.  I do remember a very vivid normal dream during this time.  I may have also fell asleep between phase experiences, but I still remember them as so real that I doubt it.

I got up for the day 1.5 hours after waking up for the deferred method (phase likely happened just in the last few minutes).
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

cool experiences!!!

I'd love to eat something and taste it in the phase, infact I'm gonna put it on my to do list. Great way to eat or drink whatever you like without putting on weight hehehehehe  ;)
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Good job recognizing that you were still in the phase after the false awakening!  And thanks for the idea about drinking something with the intent that it will help to deepen!
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I also ate a cookie in one of my phases,i found on the table in my kitchen!It had an unrecognisable taste,but it was soo good:D
Helped to deepen tho i did not ate it with the intent to do deepening:D I was kinda semilucid,hen i bcame more aware:P
And after i woke up almost i still felt that tase a lil bit on my tongue:D And i really felt like I really ate something:D It was cool anyway,the cookie seemed to be with some juici fruit in it and covered with chocolate:)

wiii
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I met a guy one week ago who used to do the same thing in the real world, but for inducing the phase itself. It is something like this: "I eat the food. The food will make me full and will help to get the phase too"
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

well now that is weird! That guy used to get the phase easily  just by being full,or it was more like a mental programing?

i think chewing or drinking is a good way to deepen the phase!
When i will master the phase very good,i will try as an experiment,to get drunk in the phase haha,and  see what happends!

Wiiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

LOL!  Think of me there so we can share a bottle of red wine.  You like that?  ;D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

I wonder if this man was eating alot of carbohydrate before sleep?
This can cause the brain to function at a lower vibrational state. In other words slow brain function. It will also thicken the blood.
I wouldn't recommend eating alot of carbohydrate before sleep.
Can have negative effects in some people.

But then again it's only a thought.
A thought has all the meaning you give it.
Last edited by NOVA on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

i will try as an experiment,to get drunk in the phase haha
YES!!  I want to do the same thing, mainly because I've never been drunk before and would like to see how this feels in the phase!
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Summerlander wrote: LOL!  Think of me there so we can share a bottle of red wine.  You like that?  ;D
Sure do m8,I would be glad to share a bottle of winewith you,and all other phasers,in the phase!
Maybe when we all master the phase preety good we can establish a meeting,and get a party in the phase :)) Now that would be a cool experiment too:D
we can all met at ''machu pichu'' transport will be ensure by a blink of an eye hehe!
dreamsrock wrote:
i will try as an experiment,to get drunk in the phase haha
YES!!  I want to do the same thing, mainly because I've never been drunk before and would like to see how this feels in the phase!
well i dunno in the phase but in real life is kinda funny,for the moment,but the next day is not so funny anymore :))

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

It would be cool if we remembered the same thing from our Phase meeting. It would suggest that the Phase may make ESP possible, like telepathy.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Yeah,but we need a looot of practice until we get there:D
We must be all  of us :D

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yeah,but we need a looot of practice until we get there
Not necessarily.  When you enter the Phase,  deepen it and then aim to translocate and visit someone you know.  Then, when you wake up, give them a call and asked them about how they were doing, what they were thinking and/or what they were dreaming about.

I've done this a few times (4 to be exact).  The results were 3.5 out of 4 of apparent accuracy.  Of course, more experiments would have to be done to draw conclusions.  In my visits people told me that I seemed to have seen what was on their minds and sometimes I apparently perceived the "gist" of what they were doing physically (people think about what they physically do so this could be accessed in the mental realm when we enter the Phase).  Maybe the mental world can be shared naturally rather than needing a high-tech system that connects us all like in The Matrix.

On the other hand, coincidences can play a role as well as how people interpret our experiences.  They may be reading too much into them.  Is telepathy and other forms of ESP possible and reinforced in the Phase state?  I don't know.  Perhaps one needs more than a lifetime of testing this before any firm conclusions can be drawn.

Either my results were truly remarkable, or the people that confirmed the apparent validations to me are biased towards that outcome - in which case, if I ever found out that they were exaggerating I'd need to have a serious word with them.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

All of this is possible Summerlander because we all share ONE mind.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

In my visits people told me that I seemed to have seen what was on their minds and sometimes I apparently perceived the "gist" of what they were doing physically
That is a great experiment!  We should do it!  And those are some good results Summerlander, I'd say.  I just did an experiment this morning.  I'll post it on my blog.

Last week I had a phase where I visited a house down the street from me.  The lady that owns the house, in real life, is renovating it to get it ready for some renters.  In the phase, my neighborhood was normal, except this house.  It was huge and glamorous.  Must be because she's fixing it up in real life! 

Here's the interesting part, and it goes along the same lines as what Summerlander was just talking about: Would I have seen the fixed up mansion if I had no knowledge of her current repairs??  Or did I create it?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Interesting...

Perhaps the mansion you saw was a glorified idea of it that the lady had.  Perhaps our minds can correlate with those of others when we enter the Phase.  NOVA's statement could have some truth to it.  Could quantum entangled minds allow for telepathy?

Let me also remind everyone that these notions are still hypothetical.  My experiments proved nothing concretely so far.

Perhaps an experiment like this could be devised in the Practical Application Department, eh dreamsrock?  ;)

On the other hand, Michael might have already tested this ages ago and already drew his own conclusions... :-\
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

NOVA wrote: I wonder if this man was eating alot of carbohydrate before sleep?
I don't remember what I ate, but I typically shy away from refined sugars and try to eat fairly low carb.  I am currently training for a marathon though (my fourth), so I do eat more carbs during training.

I'm also currently making wine, but it won't be ready for another 10 months.  Also, it is all country wine (watermelon, chokecherry, blueberry, mulberry, ect.).  Why make wine from grapes when I can already buy great wine for fairly cheap?

I've also never been drunk (thought very buzzed; never hung-over), but I do feel pretty tipsy in the phase if I fail to deepen and begin to fall into regular sleep.

Anybody else feel light-headed, groggy, and tipsy when you forget to deepen for a while and sleep in overtaking you?  This is also typically when my dreams begin to behave on their own and I find myself suddenly in a different place.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Anybody else feel light-headed, groggy, and tipsy when you forget to deepen
That pretty much describes it!  My eyes also feel like they cross.
Perhaps the mansion you saw was a glorified idea of it that the lady had
Exactly!  In this case, I will never know if it was me or her.  But it is definitely a worthy experiment and one I'm all for looking into.
On the other hand, Michael might have already tested this ages ago and already drew his own conclusions
I've got the same suspicion.  A man of his experience and connections probably has done all these things before.  It's great that we get to take part in the experiments to find out for ourselves and not just take someone else's word.