Re: Physical Movement while in the phase

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Physical Movement while in the phase

Post by LawPaw »

Two nights ago I only got 2 hours of sleep, then took a nap in the afternoon (while my son napped).  I was going to try for the phase, but while falling asleep decided to save it for the next morning since I was so tired.

I woke up 3 hours later without moving and very hungry.  I sat up in my bed and thought that I should go make myself a sandwhich.  Then when I looked by my pillow, there was a sandwhich on a plate waiting for me.

That's when I knew I was in the phase.  I should have immediately done deepening techniques, but I was hungry so I reached for the sandwhich.

When I reached my physical hand also reached out.  This returned me to my body and was so jarring that I really didn't have a chance to re-enter.

I've had physical movement while employing indirect techniques, but never while actually in the phase.

I didn't think it was even possible.

Has anyone else had a physical movement while in the phase?

P.S. - feeling movement in both a phase body, which feels competely real, and your real physical body at the same time in different locations is very, very strange.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Post by MattShea »

Usually, our bodies go into sleep paralysis while we sleep so that we don't move during dreams. Maybe your body just wasn't in sleep paralysis at the time?
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Ssergiu »

Woah! How horrible to see that sandwich and not to be able to eat it! I already imagine you seeing the sandwich and then you just wake up in your bed with your hands raised up like "wwwhyyy?".  ;D

Also, Try 2 hours after the afternoon nap to go to OOBE. I'mma try this method today as I've slept only 4 hours.

Anyway, I do not think I have ever moved physically during the phase. It may have felt like it, but I am sure it wasn't physical.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I've had the feeling of 2 bodies at the same time before which felt very strange, but when i decided to move i entered the non physical one, though it was more of a thought about moving rather than an actual attempt to move.  Never experienced actual physical movement (that i know of at least)
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Yes, it's that I should have been in sleep paralysis that is confusing.

I guess SP doesn't always work, which is why people talk in their sleep, sleep walk, and why dogs run with their legs while sleeping.
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Ssergiu »

Lawpaw, I do not know how it works, but I do know that sleep walking or talking occurs when you are in stage 2, not in REM. Summerlander or Michael or someone else may come up with a better answer.  ;D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Ssergiu is mostly right. Sleepwalking generally occurs in delta sleep and it has been observed that the sleepwalker brain displays abnormally high activity during this time.

Sleep-talking, or somniloquy, occurs during NREM stages but it can progress onto REM and this may trigger awareness in sleep paralysis as dream speech is spoken out loud and partially arousing the individual.

Unless you are damaged goods, btw... ;D...sleep paralysis always works in various degrees whether you are aware of it or not. Sleepwalkers rise in the early stages of sleep during which time the pons still has NOT sent its inhibitory signals to the motor neurons in the spinal cord (the mechanism which brings about muscle atonia). Why would it when SWS is usually a dreamless sleep? And if there is dreaming, it is not very prominent to the point of inciting physical movement. Like I said, sleepwalkers brains are unusually active during that time...
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Ssergiu »

Now that's the answer I was looking for! Thanks summerlander!  ;D
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

Summer, was this part of something you had to learn for a college class? or did you just learn all this on your own (if so, I am impressed... actually either way you really do have this subject well placed in the cranium).
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Thanks Summer.

I have have no problem with sleep paralysis.  I can get there sometimes even when I'm unsucessful getting into the phase.  Typically when I fail at seperation and my mind becomes too active (but can quickly break SP by changing my breathing patterns).

I was a sleep walker as a child.  I've woken up in closets, ect.

I am also very active in my sleep, to the point of frequently displacing even my fitted sheets (and driving my wife crazy since I always mess with the covers).

Having studies a little about sleep patterns due to my interest in the phase I assumed that my activity arose after exiting but before re-entering REM sleep during the later cycles in the night.

It almost makes me curious enough to set up a time lapse camera to see if there is any movement during the deeper levels of sleep.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Hmmm...setting up a camera is a good idea, LawPaw. 8)
Rudolph wrote: Summer, was this part of something you had to learn for a college class? or did you just learn all this on your own (if so, I am impressed... actually either way you really do have this subject well placed in the cranium).
On my own. I've got loads of books about dreams and a lot of them have scientific chapters apart from the symbolism. I blame my mother for being obsessed with dreams and spiritualism as the reason why I have this well placed in the cranium. ;D

Btw, I've been thinking a lot about what you said about the body residing in the realm of the soul. I think it's true! We are everywhere and sometimes when we are tuned to another frequency of reality, if our brains are functioning abnormally, we start acting out (a translation) of what we are doing there (because we are both here and there at the same time).

@ LawPaw:

This makes me question...while acting in the Phase state, LawPaw...have you ever suddenly regained physical awareness and found yourself in SP?

Even though sleepwalking happens mostly in delta sleep, I wonder if it has progressed onto REM and is interrupting your Phase experiences...you know, like my wife kicking me in her sleep and I'm suddenly back in the body...
Ssergiu wrote: Now that's the answer I was looking for! Thanks summerlander!  ;D
You're welcome but you had already answered the question using a few words! 8)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Summerlander wrote:This makes me question...while acting in the Phase state, LawPaw...have you ever suddenly regained physical awareness and found yourself in SP?
No, I've never had true SP after regaining physical awareness.  I have regained physical awareness with complete numbness, but I'm guessing that is typical for everyone, especially if you then re-enter.

I actually like that numbness because it makes me feel like I have absolutely no physical body.

I've never had an uncontrollable scary SP.  Mixing up breathing always fixes it.

But I have played around with trying to move really hard while my body fights even harder to keep still.  It's like you can make parts of your body even more relaxed and numb by trying to move them harder.

I'm finding that there are many things related to entering the phase that are also very interesting and fun. 

I love the sensations I get while doing indirect techniques.  The sounds, sights, and feelings are so awesome that I'm usually walk away feeling really good even if I don't enter the phase.

It really is like super Yoga.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I'm glad you are enjoying the Phase and I like your attitude. There is no reason to get frustrated on failed attempts. There will always be other opportunities where you will be more primed for the induction. I enjoy the sensations prior to separation too when using indirect techniques. It's amazing...unusual...and so sudden. 8)