Summerlander's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Summerlander's Blog

Post by Michael Raduga »

It will be very hard to choose 2-3 your best experiences for the new SOBT)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Just pick the ones that you think will best serve the purpose of the book.  As long as it helps and motivates people to enter the phase and to get the most out of it.  I finished SOBT and look forward to the new one, btw!  8)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

19/09/2011:

I had a dream where me and my local butcher, were talking about Hinduism and the nature of reality.  In waking life, this happens once in a while and always at his shop.  In this dream, it was happening at his house (which I’ve never seen in reality).  There were tiny green worms leaping about the front room and my attempts to swat them were futile.  When I exited the house, ready to go home, I noticed that the residency resembled the butcher’s shop externally.  Another anomaly was that, instead of the shop being on the main road, it was in an enclosed area like the one where I live.  This absurdity made me lucid and the surroundings, which were a replica of the town where I live, settled on high definition. 

I still rubbed my hands to establish a psychological anchor that would allow me to remain in that perceived reality for as long as possible.  I ran down the main road and leapt a number of times before taking flight.  After gaining some altitude, I darted through the atmosphere whilst scanning a sea of roofs and treetops.  Eventually, I would come to land on all fours on a rooftop to feel the grainy surface of its tiles with my hands.  I felt curious about what I could find inside the house so I decided to enter it by gliding towards a square-shaped barrier (a cross between a door and a window) made of glass on the lower deck. 

I pushed the glassy barrier open to find a pub interior which included a large dance floor.  I glided across the room and swerved around the bar area in order to go through double doors.  On the other side, I found a wide corridor where a row of little windows on the left wall, and near the white ceiling, poured beams of light.  Behind me, and to the right of the double doors, was the entrance to a highly reflective room whose position was a manifest impossibility as it would have superimposed on the existing bar area on the other side of the wall.  I took a peek and realised that every wall, worktop and structured surface in that room was metallic.  This gave me the impression that it was an inaccurate replica of my children’s school kitchen. 

I felt a presence behind me and turned to find an old lady of short stature smiling at me.  She wore an apron that covered most of her plump figure and her hair was grey and trim.  I ordered her to get me a chocolate and mint mousse as I rubbed my hands again to maintain the phase.  She walked away in silence and disappeared in the kitchen.  I returned to the barroom through the double doors in order to wait for the dinner lady to bring me the mousse.  Being aware that resting in the phase can lead to a foul, I kept active by palpating an ashtray that caught my attention. 

In hindsight, there was no need for me to wait for my dessert because I could have just gone back through the double doors to find the dinner lady with my mousse ready to be eaten.  Oddly, it didn’t occur to me at the time that rules like waiting can be broken in dreamland. 

Unexpectedly, a rowdy crowd barged into the pub through a set of double doors opposite the ones that had led me to the dinner lady previously.  It is worth mentioning that a distinct change occurred the minute they came into the scene.  The phase seemed to have galvanically blossomed with life as it intensified visually and auditorily.  A barman was now serving alcohol and I no longer held an ashtray. 

Not everyone was a stranger there.  Familiar faces came to me and closely matched the appearance of old friends from university.  The most memorable one was Simon from Gillenham, Kent.  He kept trying to persuade me to drink.  I ignored Simon and started feeling up the hair and faces of several characters present within a short radius.  I felt like I was chasing moving props as none of the characters reacted to my palpation of them. 

After a while, I felt a trap that would lure me into a dream narrative and diminish my lucidity was unfolding.  I exited the barroom through the double doors leading back to the corridor, in order to get my mousse, but the dinner lady never showed up.  The drunken mob from the other room came after me and tried to persuade me to drink.  There were now tables and chairs along the corridor and more people.  There were now groups of people sitting and standing and some were doing more talking than drinking. 

The mob behind me seemed strong and I feared that they would push me onto the people who sat nearby.  This is exactly what happened and I found myself apologising to a black woman after spilling her wine and falling on top of her.  I decided to get away from the kerfuffle by gliding away from the scene through the first and second set of double doors where I discovered another barroom full of people. 

I found my youngest son sat on a stool and looking at me.  I paused to look at him as I was astounded by the accuracy in which the phase simulated him.  This pause caused me to fall asleep in that state.  When I woke up, it was 6.30am.  I could have re-entered the phase but I had to get ready to go out soon and didn’t want to risk oversleeping.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

cool experience summ!
I am always fascinated by you,cause you always realize the changes in the enviroment,and you always never miss the cues of the dream!!
Cool experience..seemed stable and preety long..I'm guessing several minutes,maybe 2 or 3...or maybe less!

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I've been a dream detective for three years now.  Step into my car.  I've got a spare badge and a siren!  ;D

By the way, I completely forgot to answer your question.  Believe it or not, since I became lucid until I woke up, the estimated phase duration is only 45 seconds.  :o
Last edited by Summerlander on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Cool dude! Although slightly odd. Lol then again....what isn't odd in the phase?!? I love how your experiences are so detailed!  ;D
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

I am interested to know how you figured out that it was about 45 seconds. 
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

It's an estimated time.  In the phase it seemed longer but, when I looked at a clock in the waking world and relived the experience, only 45 seconds passed.  It's really strange but I guess it's the same in waking life when you are impatiently waiting for something and you keep looking at the clock - one minute can seem like an eternity sometimes.  I guess time perception is relative to the state of mind the individual is in at the time.

By the way, I had another phase experience this morning but this one was short-lived:

25/09/2011:

"I got up in the early hours of the morning to use the toilet and went back to bed to deliberately enter the phase from the waking state.  After a minute of relaxation, irregular hissing revved in my brain and vibrations ensued.  Separation from the body was onerous. 

I entered a dark phase and fouled immediately.  Re-entry during vibrations was easier and again the environment was dark.  Soft hands tried to pull me back to bed but I whacked them off me as I thought that the culprit was a phase version of my wife. 

I began to feel the walls with my hands and the carpet floor with my feet in order to intensify the phase environment.  Vision came abruptly to reveal that I was in a bungled replica of my bedroom where the walls were unusually reflective, and, despite the surroundings being brightly lit, no light bulb was seen hanging from the ceiling. 

There were more posters on the walls than there should be and two of the same one when in actuality there is only one.  The posters were nonsensical, and, soon I became aware of two other discrepancies.  There were posters where the calendar should be and windows were nonexistent.  When I walked out of the bedroom and looked at a non-reflective mirror, I remembered my plan of action which was to translocate to India and revisit a wise dream guru in order to ask him about the pre-birth state.  I decided to use the mirror as a portal that would lead me to the temple where I met him, but, I encountered an extension of the hallway instead. 

This extension inside the mirror was slightly darker and the walls were of the wrong colour.  I turned around to see that the mirror aperture was now a luminous source of white light which paradoxically wasn't enough to bleach the sombre appearance of the surroundings.  I decided to palpate my body in order to maintain the phase and was amazed to find that it felt no different to the physical one apart from the missing blisters on my feet. 

There was a second mirror in that hallway extension and I ran towards it in order to retry translocation.  Before I reached the mirror, I experienced conflicting commands in my head, because, at the last minute, I feared that I would encounter yet again another hallway extension. 

I hesitated between going ahead with the mirror-portal method and the method of translocation whereby one shuts their eyes reopens them.  I chose the latter about an inch away from the mirror surface and fouled.  I fell asleep and woke up at 8.15am to go to work."
Last edited by Summerlander on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Post by bluremi »

Summerlander, have you noticed any correlation between phases where you have limited vision or other main senses and anything happening to your physical body?

Weird position, hangover, not enough sleep, too much sleep, etc...? I'd be interested to know what to avoid.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yes, I feel my body more when the phase is deep.  If the phase is weak, I often feel like I'm a floating point of consciousness.

Get plenty of sleep when you plan to enter the phase.  It increases your chances.  If you you usually sleep for six hours, you can still enter it during the night.  But, if you sleep, say, for eight...you've got more chances of becoming lucid.  You can even interrupt you sleep by waking up around 4 or 5am, staying up for a bit and then going back down (deferred method).  You are not losing any sleep and it certain isn't about sleep deprivation.  The body will catch up on the sleep that it needs while the mind wanders in the lucid state.

Make sure that you get into a comfortable position but perhaps don't use your sleep position if it always makes you fall asleep.  It all depends on the individual.  You will find something on body positions in SOBT.

If you plan to enter the phase on a particular day, avoid alcohol.  Hangovers are likely to knock you out anyway.  ;D
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Summerlander wrote: If you plan to enter the phase on a particular day, avoid alcohol.  Hangovers are likely to knock you out anyway.  ;D

Oh yeah..alcohol is very bad...I remember a couple weeks ago..it was the birthday of a friend..and I drank like a half of beer and that night after I went to bed..I just blacked out into sleep..I woke the next morning...my head was dizzy and felt numb..and I did not remember if I dreamed something...or how I slept...I didn't remembered anything from the night!
And this happened not just one time...
So i decided to not drink alcohol anymore :P
I just need to quit smoking and I will be perfect :)) LOL

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Alien Abduction - 26/09/2011:

Today, I managed to record a series of vivid dreams and a phase experience which seem to reflect where my mind has been lately.  The dream and phase content apparently relate to each other and provide clues about how my mind handles the selection of thoughts.  I gathered the following from today’s metaphysical journey: unknown; fear; transformation; change; and a need for companionship.  Dreaming of aliens and transmutations in my case seems to convey those elements pretty well, and, the fact that my wife accompanied me when I played the observer, reflects how much I need her and enjoy having her around. 

Yes, dreams are like mirrors that reflect what goes on in our minds, and, the reflections are translations of thoughts in focus.  It is also clear that, particularly in the phase and dream states, the same translation mechanism which enables us to perceive the external world when we are awake applies.  This particular phase experience felt like an overall report on the current status.  I was given the impression that my computerised brain had filed away a certain combination of thoughts (creating a mental world/scenery) during the waking state with the purpose of reviewing such data at a later stage in different states of consciousness (dream and phase states). 

The phase also emphasised for me the choices made by the ego based on the control gain in lucidity.  I’m going to be working more hours and this means less time with my family.  I don’t know what the future holds and at the moment I’m testing the waters so to speak.  Before bedtime, I rehearsed a seven-step plan of action for the phase for half an hour.  It is worth mentioning that making contact with aliens was the very last step and the only one that would be realised on this occasion.  As I recorded the experience, I wondered if my mind had started working on my plan of action in reverse, or, the thought of aliens randomly manifested its presence in the phase space. 

The earliest dream, as far as I recall on this particular night, was a semi-vague one where some sort of gooey matter was incorporated into another one.  Internally, the goo commenced a process of inflation that would stretch the substance that encased it.  The word “incorporatedâ€
Last edited by Summerlander on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I was terrified as it crossed my mind that they could be real and started screaming when one of the beings lowered a large drill-like machine from above.  The machine’s twirling bit perforated my stomach, and, despite feeling an uncomfortable pressure in that area while vibrating violently, I felt no pain.  The machine continued to hum, like there was some sort of active generator inside, and I begged the aliens to leave me alone. 
A lot of emotions as I see)
That's cool
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yes, it was very intense and I couldn't help but be scared even though I was lucid.  And to think that as a child I wanted to be abducted by aliens so much...ahhh...

I felt a little disappointed with myself that morning because I allowed my fear to take over.  Now I feel that I should enter the phase and face my fears.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Awesome experience!

The One Mind in operation again.

;D
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Post by bluremi »

Summerlander, good recounting of an interesting experience.

I don't know about you, but when I go to a good Haunted House (the kind with large production values and special effects, and with people dressed up in very realistic makeup that jump out at you) I still find it scary even though I know it's absolutely fake. It's very understandable that your alien abduction was very frightening, since it's completely realistic.

Is the point of an alien abduction to be frightened, similar to how we watch horror movies to be entertained by our own fear? If not, maybe you should focus on a more friendly abduction, the kind where they beam you up and impress you with cool technology, rather than with vicious experiments...
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

That's the thing...I wanted to meet friendly aliens in the phase.  When I added that step in my plan of action, I imagined them to be friendly.  Not cold, horrible and lacking emotion.  How odd.  Maybe I let fear get the better of me.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

11/10/2011:

After waking up at 5.30am to use the toilet, I went back to bed to enter the phase but ended up falling asleep.  I dreamt that me and Stacey bought a new house which was far more spatious than our residence in reality.  In this dream, I had walked past a toilet and became lucid.  That didn’t surprise me because I’ve been performing reality checks every time I use the toilet in waking life due to the fact that toilets are a common feature in my dreams. 

Because the phase was already realistic, I didn’t feel the need to carry out any deepening techniques.  In my exploration of that strange house, I discovered that the bed that once existed in the dream world, prior to my lucidity, was no longer present in the phase space.  Suddenly, I fouled but remained still with the thought in mind that a separation from the body might be possible.  A sound like that of a binaural beat ensued in my head and vibrations followed.  Soon, a cacophony of rushing noises peaked and I levitated out of my body. 

I reached the white ceiling and proceeded away from the site of takeoff to land on green carpet nearby.  I was able to walk around in a dream body and realised that the environment was almost the same as the one where I had fouled previously.  Having gone downstairs to explore unknown areas of the house, I encountered my in-laws having tea in a kitchen bathed in sunlight.  My mother-in-law, who had her back to me, turned her head and startled when I walked into the room.  Finally, she remarked: “Oh, it’s you!  You scared me!â€
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Sounds beautiful!!

[quote] As I neared the lunar surface, I vacated my spacecraft in midair in order to glide on my own over silvery mountains. 
/quote] What was that like?
Sounds like you had a good phase...bummer you forgot maintaining!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

The mountains were quite bright and I had a ball!  Who says the Apollo astronauts are lucky when we can do the same and even better? ;D
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Post by bluremi »

Hey, Summerlander, when you summon music in the phase, what does it sound like? Can you describe the experience?
SouRce
PHASER
PHASER

Post by SouRce »

That's a good one. I love when unplanned phases lead to cool places.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

bluremi wrote: Hey, Summerlander, when you summon music in the phase, what does it sound like? Can you describe the experience?
It sounds great and I get surround sound.  Also, I get a richness of favourite sounds and it gives me a buzz.  It's better than music from the waking world.

Whoever or whatever orchestrates the music seems to do its best to impress me! LOL! :D
SouRce wrote: That's a good one. I love when unplanned phases lead to cool places.
Me too.  Very often I forget about my plan of action as I get swayed into exploring what is already presented before me.  Then, I get an idea in the phase and carry it out (like going to the moon).  :P
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

15/10/2011:

I was on a coach travelling down a motorway.  The passengers chattered in American accents so I assumed that I must have gone to America on holidays.  It occurred to me, however, that when I go to work by bus I usually think about lucid dreaming and perform reality checks, and, on this occasion, I realised that I had no memory of how I got there and no knowledge of where I was going.  “I must be dreamingâ€
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Cool!!
These objects were accidentally knocked by my feet and fell out of the window.  Moon-like gravity seemed to exert their gradual fall and I watched as they bounced on the pavement below. 
Awesome!

Sad that you saw Christopher Reeve bleeding form the mouth. I've always had a soft spot for him. He was a sweet man.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Meh...he seemed happy anyway.  The blood could be symbolic for him losing his life (in my mind).  Either that or it was his spirit reminding me that it will be Halloween soon!  :D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

06/11/2011:

I went to bed at 1am and had a series of dreams.  At 7.50am, I woke up and jotted down what I could remember.  The most memorable dream was one in which I was a mere observer.  A town was constantly being visited by extraterrestrials and people went missing.  An intellectual child was making attempts to prove that people were being abducted by gathering any possible evidence left behind.  The boy comes to a shore and contemplates the sea before jumping in.  Underwater, he discovers sharks and whales swimming in blood.  Finally, he concludes that the missing people were eaten by them.  A crowd of alien invasion enthusiasts gather expectantly in a precinct nearby.  The whiz kid drops his sceptical bombshell. 

I put my journal away and went back to bed at 8.10am to enter the phase.  I was able to relax with exceptional ease, and, after a period of hypnagogic images, a lapse in consciousness occurred.  When I came to, I was in sleep paralysis.  My attempts to move were futile so I decide to wait in darkness for a little while.  A rushing sound ensued and I was ejected from the body.  I landed vertically on the carpeted floor and rubbed my eyes in a partially blind state.  There was some light in my line of vision and I could make out my shadowy hands moving in front of my face.  I began to rub them against each other and the problem with my sight was fixed. 

I was enthused to be in the phase again (after a dry period) and proceeded to caper around a phantom version of my abode.  Objects in my living room appeared pixelated, but, after some tactility, the environment was refined.  I passed through the back door and noticed that the light outside was too bright.  I resolved to palpate my limbs and feet and the light dimmed to reveal a high colour saturation.  My garden was far more spacious and included exquisite flowers.  Next to me was an ample table and a set of chairs that were beautifully varnished.  Then, I realised there were more trees than there should have been, which created the illusion that the neighbourhood was in a forest.  The sun and the sky seemed to be painted and the houses different, bigger, and more colourful. 

The fence between my house and the neighbours’ (the ones I don’t affiliate with) was partly down.  I glided through their garden and into an alley that led to their front door.  I imagined that, by going through the wooden door, I would arrive at the all-purpose phase workshop I devised a few days ago in order to carry out my plans in an organised fashion.  This didn’t happen, though, and it might have been due to the fact that, at the last minute, I was ambivalent about the follow-through as a curiosity about the house interior was present.  What I found behind that door was a hall where several people indulged in a feast. 

The neighbouring family was present plus a few familiar faces that I took to be their friends.  A few characters were opposed to the idea of me joining the party and tried to have me precluded from it.  I wrestled with the most unscrupulous of the group and laughed as I was able to repeatedly throw him around the room.  This seemed to enfuriate a group of women and a scenario unfolded whereby my mother and my wife were suddenly involved and fending them off me.  I could sense a dream trap that could potentially end my lucid state so I removed myself from the situation. 

A middle-aged lady shook her head in disapproval of the scandalous behaviour and I joined her in the garden - which, by the way, was very different to what it was like before and my phantom house was now nowhere to be seen.  I asked her what the problem was and she stated that she could not tolerate any more altercations.  Then, she smiled at me and caressed my cheek. 

I fouled and remained still in bed in a bid to re-enter the phase.  Stacey moved and shook my body.  I decided I needed to get up and record the experience.  I looked at the clock and it was 9.10am.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Great experience summ!
That dream with the kid..seemed like a detective movie:D

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

LOL! Yeah, it was an odd dream.  I wasn't even a participant.  I enjoyed the phase even though I didn't get round to visiting my workshop.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

My garden was far more spacious and included exquisite flowers.  Next to me was an ample table and a set of chairs that were beautifully varnished.  Then, I realised there were more trees than there should have been, which created the illusion that the neighbourhood was in a forest.  The sun and the sky seemed to be painted and the houses different, bigger, and more colourful.
that sounds breathtakingly beautiful!
I could sense a dream trap that could potentially end my lucid state so I removed myself from the situation.
good thinking!

Awesome phase!