Summerlander's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Summerlander's Blog

Post by Luna »

My garden was far more spacious and included exquisite flowers.  Next to me was an ample table and a set of chairs that were beautifully varnished.  Then, I realised there were more trees than there should have been, which created the illusion that the neighbourhood was in a forest.  The sun and the sky seemed to be painted and the houses different, bigger, and more colourful.
that sounds breathtakingly beautiful!
I could sense a dream trap that could potentially end my lucid state so I removed myself from the situation.
good thinking!

Awesome phase!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

28/11/2011:

I went to bed around midnight feeling achy and exhausted from having the flu.  Once I eventually managed to fall asleep, a dream where I was working in a huge hotel/boutique developed.  Me and Amin, a work colleague of mine in waking life, seemed to be the only people running the business and this parallels the fact that, lately, the two of us have been the main agents running our bookmaker shop.  I would also like to add that, after having introduced the phase-inducing techniques to Amin, he was able to have an OOBE and fly to India, his homeland, where he met a wise guru.  I think it’s worth mentioning our recent discussion about the phase as this could have unconsciously contributed to my upcoming lucidity - especially when I have not been performing reality checks in the waking state, lately, and only have my strong desire to enter the phase to account for that. 

In the dream state, it seemed pretty acceptable that working in a hotel/boutique was my real job as I mindlessly sorted through the clothes and felt like I knew what I was doing.  An aristocrat walks in and shows interest in renting one of our luxurious rooms.  Amin excitedly gives him a tour of the place and I accompany them.  We walk up a staircase and I notice that the third floor is labelled with a plaque that reads “Tricast Floorâ€
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Here's a past experience I reviewed today as I read through my journal:

"02/04/2010:

After working long hours in Eastcote, I decided to stay the night at the employer’s property.  I woke up at 3.50 am and decided to enter the phase.  I relaxed easily as I was well primed, and vibrations came quite quickly.  The type of vibrations were the familiar hissing, mild crackling, weird electronic sounds, plus an impression of a fast train on a railway track.  I waited for the vibrations to peak and let them die down.  I observed the experience for a while and eventually they hissed away.  Before they were completely gone, I felt a sudden release or detachment from my body.  As my body lay still, my subtle being gradually shifted to a perpendicular position, my stomach apparently being the pivot point.  I made a conscious decision to separate by rising up and out as my heels acted as another pivot point.  A far more spacious house interior revealed itself.  At first, the view shimmered as though I was seeing through a stream of hot air.  Then, the surroundings settled into a crystal clear environment.  It never occurred to me to look back to see if there was a representation of my physical body there as I was intrigued by the fact that, even though the lights were off, I could see everything in great detail within an interior that now appeared to be slightly gothic.  I started to fly quickly up a flight of stairs.  It had many floors and seemed very high.  As I flew up, I felt the tips of my fingers touching objects and walls on the way and felt their apparent texture and solidity.  I stopped midway up at the sight of light coming from a huge window.  Watching it from a certain distance, with partial curiosity, seemed to have caused me to teleport to it.  Now that I was suddenly up against the window pane, I looked outside and saw several people in black walking along the road.  It looked like a funeral but I saw no coffin being carried.  I noticed someone carrying a small wooden box in which something burned.  The flames coming off it were quite high and everyone followed a man who carried something resembling a massive totem pole or a wooden cross held at an angle.  There was a blonde woman next to him who kept uttering what sounded like prayers, or, as another interpretation, it could have been preaching for the ears of those who followed.  I could only partially make out something about the end of the world in the woman‘s speech.  I remember shouting through the window in disagreement with her certainty about an imminent end but nobody took notice of me.  I observed their march and studied the environment.  The sky was clear and deeply blue and I suddenly acquired many different perspectives on the world outside in a rapid succession of manoeuvres and a rather confusing angular momentum.  The visual and auditory information I gained was fuzzy but I was left with the impression that the townspeople were in a frenzy about multiple fires in dreamland.  Then, I was back at the house, standing by the window as before.  I decided to examine the house, which looked more like a castle to me by now, and, as I gently floated down the stairs, I touched the wall and the banister whilst looking all around me.  The environment evanesced as darkness replaced it simultaneously with my growing awareness of lying on the bedding I had prepared for myself on the floor before bedtime.  I got up and looked at the time on my mobile phone. It was 4.45am and a second glance at the time confirmed to me that I was experiencing the physical realm."
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

14/12/2011:

After arriving home from work at 11pm (previous day), I had a ham and cheese sandwich and a cappuccino.  Before going to bed at 1.50am, I mentally rehearsed my plan of action for the phase.  The first step involves travelling to the octangular point of arrival within my devised metaphysical workshop where I will enter the art gallery that makes up one of its rooms.  My plan is, quite intentionally, to be shown - by Salvador Dali - a manifest idea for a piece of art that I’m yet to produce physically: the “Cat Cityâ€
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

WOW!  That was the longest post I've read in my life!  I couldn't stop.  I loved how many times you re-entered the phase.  That shows some skillz!  Well done!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

LOL, sorry, so much to write about and yes, the fact that I experienced multiple phase entries makes me proud of myself and compensates for not succeeding in reaching the bloody workshop! :D
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Very  cool Summ,
I was again captivated by  your skill to put the phase into words!
As I came towards the end of your experience,the snowing part,with children and happy people,and that nostalgia you said you felt,I was really out there with you while I was reading!I almost cried,I always get soo emotional and happy when I see happy people,heh!!
Cool experience !!

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Thanks wiii.  Have you guys experienced many intense emotions like this before in the phase.  Even the nostalgic or profound ones?  What is this?  Do I really miss seeing through the eyes of a child?  Did the world really look better before?  Was it subconscious escapism?
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

It could be the need or the wish to see things through the eyes of a child,cause back then,as we had no wories...all our problems were nnsense,and all we would think off was play,happiness..and no grown ups problems were affecting us!
That was pretty sure a little escapade!
I experience emotions like these even in walking life,when I reflect at the past,in my childhood!
As I live in a country where comunists were governing untill late 80's (89') we had very little possibilities...I was only 4 y.r. when democracy was adopteed in my country due to a revolution,I do not remember much from the beggining of the 90's ,but after that,effects could be still seen and felt,after comunism,and there were less things  we had back then,less money,less products to eat...or entertain,and we were happy with what we had,we were much happier than now that we had lots of artificial fooods and drinking products and entertaining products,that are bombarding our lifes all the sudden,every day comes something new...then,it was much simplier!
When we played hide & seek in the neighbourhood...not x-box in front of a screen..we swam in to  the river not at the pool!stuff like that....those are the things that I remember with nostalgia...that hapiness,simple one!Now we have tons of stuff surrounding us,that we could buy...and we still cannot be happy like in our childhood!
And now as one of my hobbies is riding my bike,all I would wish,is riding with my father...but he passed away in 97'....so that is why I want the phase!!
I want to feel how it is to ride along with my old man..!!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

04/01/2012:

I had gone to bed at 3am, which is late for me, and woke up at 7.45am to get ready to take the kids to school.  I was so tired that, when I returned home at 9.10am, I went back to bed where my wife was still asleep.  Not long after I had lain down, a free-floating state of mind ensued whereby consciousness lapses where experienced as the question of where I was occasionally popped in my head.  My mind dipped in deep sleep and briskly jumped back to wakefulness at first, and then, shortly afterwards, it began to present me with fleeting images of strange places and people.  I tried to hold on to the image of a man looking intently at me by examining his facial features.  He was bearded, long-haired and had huge brown eyes.  Perhaps I shouldn’t have tried to examine his face to such extent so soon but curiosity got the better of me and gave rise to an inward question: “who is this man who inhabits the realm of the mind?â€
CKing71
PHASER
PHASER

Post by CKing71 »

Summerlander,

I started using a text reader, with an Australian English Voice, (Karen22) so I can really get into what your describing in the longer posts. Which by the way, are tremendously outstanding.

From the NDE File: When one is forced out of body, as I was during the death of myself. One does not have a choice to enter or not to enter. So my fear for what was happening to me while somewhat conscious, was so intense, exit to death was all I could do.

It's good to have fear, because it is an intense emotion. It, fear, crystallizes  one's own coalescing emotions, and, giving over, it's own nature of energy, to the intention. A little circular, but close as I want to get right now.
There will be others there, to greet you, and help you out, count on it. But what you will find is that some of them are actually, for lack of better terms, higher versions, of you in various genders and of no gender relationship.

These are the concepts that we phase travelers, must master for our personal growth. Also, on a side note. A friend, told me to "remind you" to keep the copyright and the original art safe and carefully stored. It is also an amazing story in its self.
I can't thank you enough for letting me post them on my web-site. They will indeed inspire many others. Other friends, who know us well, in the phase.

Be well
Be Well Everyone (King, C. 2013)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Thanks, CKing71!  Yes, I should definitely embrace fear more.  doing everything to escape from the situation has actually prevented me from entering the phase earlier in this occasion.  I hope Karen22 does me justice, btw! :D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

12/02/2012:

After a busy day I went to bed around 2.30am.  I was very tired and having symptoms indicative of the onset of a cold so it didn’t take me long to fall asleep.  I woke up at 7am feeling extremely groggy and not remembering a single dream.  I used the toilet and went back to bed without bothering to look at the clock.  I desired to enter the phase but also felt that I needed to get some rest. 

I fell asleep and started dreaming of working in a bank and interacting with acquaintances that, as far as I know, do not exist in the real world.  Through the entrance panes, I gazed at a vivid moonlit landscape and in the back of my mind I wondered what was I doing there working so late.  Suddenly, a heavy object smashed through the entrance door and fell on the floor.  “What is it?â€
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Just had another phase experience last night.  Here it is: :-*
http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=8

Bloody hell, I had another one this morning! ;D
I'll post it here soon!!!!!

EDIT:

I had another one on mother's day (I have a backlog now).  I just told BK about it in a PM and now decided to include it here:

"I entered the phase last night and saw my mother.  I told her I loved her.  The reply would have been "I love you too" but instead it was "why?"

That to me was a reminder that it was not my mum there.  It was something very innocent asking the question.  It was either a naive aspect of the mind or a very wise one if it intentionally set the stage for what was to come.  I told the mother-form, as I rubbed by hands together that I loved what she represented because she made me, brought me up, cared for me, and showed me love.

As I said what I was saying, the phase character began to smile at me.  It was a familiar motherly smile, warm, loving... I felt great because I was saying profound things and showing my love to my mother in a way that in real life I haven't really said it often and certainly not in that way because oddly enough I've always felt that the opportunity never really presents itself or I haven't really thought about it that much...or I think I haven't.

Then I thought I could ask the character questions.  I said "Who am I?" - she stopped smiling, there was silence and I fouled abruptly.  Still,  I'd already fouled once before and reentered.  Previously, I had translocated from my dream abode to a museum.  I was maintaining the phase like Maria Forza in the videos by touching the walls as I went along.  It was going to fade a couple of times but touching walls restored the brightness and solidity.  It really works  (thanks Michael and Maria).

Then I picked up an ornament that looked like a crystal ball on a low-relief.  The was a word on it that began with a "C".  I glanced at it briefly but then decided to look again.  It had changed.  It now read "Seleira" and it also had a circular sticker with the number "541" on it.  I went over to a shelving unit full of books and picked one out.  It was brown and the lettering on the cover was miniscule.  I could not read it.  I opened it and it was worse - It was like several streams of ever-changing digits.

I wanted to visit my daughter's boyfriend Connor, a little boy who's got cancer, but ended up translocating to a house interior that looked traditionally Portuguese.  That's where I saw my "mother".  Mother was definitely on my mind... ::)

Anyway, when I returned to reality, I felt really good and my head buzzed.  I think that representation of my mother in the phase helped.

In the morning I wished my real mother a good Mother's Day, and hugged and kissed her."

Happy Mother's Day!!
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Summerlander,
You don't have to actually 'see' Connor in the phase to accomplish your goal.I have experimented alot with this on my father and even my dog  ::) and my conclusion is that it's enough to project your 'healing intention' into the phase.You can do this by making 'light' come from your hands,or even verbally command that "all of this place become healing energy" and 'send' it to whomever.

I did this for several years on my father who was inexplicably paralyzed.The doctors gave up hope and insurance ran out for care and rehab as he spiraled closer to death.They sent him home with a Trach ,PEG tube ,Foley catheter ,bed sores,pneumonia and infections.He was referred to Hospice for weekly home visits.If it wasn't for the fact that my mother is a nurse he would have surely died. ( We have a shitty and brutal 'healthcare' system here IMO)

As my weekly and biweekly sessions continued I began to have precognitive regular dreams about future recovery milestones that came to fruition, breakthroughs with insurance coverage and even a new treatment machine once. Rarely did I meet his representation in the phase during all of this.

He is now almost fully recovered,his neurologist fell out of his chair when he walked into his office.His doctors never found an explanation.There was alot of uncertainty about his condition which may or may not be important in trying to influence these things...

Anyway being the skeptic that you are (not a judgement,its good to be skeptical) here are some encouraging links you may like.Nothing supernatural.The universe is strange enough with Quantum Mechanics and the Vacuum as it's basis..

Checkout the related citations too:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15165411

http://www.laurentian.ca/NR/rdonlyres/9 ... lement.pdf

If this hypothesis is correct then all consciousness is interconnected in the quantum vacuum and can interact with the brain's EM fields:

http://www.quantum-mind.co.uk/photons-a ... -c430.html
Last edited by Jeff on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Thanks for the links.  I'll definitely check them out.  I know you don't mean to offend.  I know I tend to be sceptical but I also happen to find quantum physics exciting and if I was a  narrow-minded doubting Thomas I wouldn't be attempting remote healing now, would I?  ;)

EDIT:

The photonic emissions of living beings and the possibility of macro-entanglement between brains is an interesting prospect.  I particularly liked this quote:

"These empirical measurements were remarkably congruent with the calculations by Bokkon (2005) who has suggested that visual experiences, particularly dreams, may actually be awareness of a matrix or field of biophotons within the cerebrum rather than only a psychophysical equivalent of action potentials and line codes."

http://www.laurentian.ca/NR/rdonlyres/9 ... lement.pdf
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Yeah,that caught my attention too.Checkout Bokkon's website, it's full of summaries on his work.

In waking visual perception there's also the possibility that these biophotons are entangled with external 'ambient optic arrays' allowing direct experience through entanglement.As we've talked about before,I prefer this possibility.(I think dreams and the phase could have both external and internal elements) 

I became re-interested today in the "Spin Mediated Theory of Consciousness"  It addresses this idea and has some interesting experimental support.They claim to have created anesthetic effects in a brain through entanglement in an EM field.They've replicated the results and have come up with a new theory of anesthesia.

They talk about OBEs in this paper:
http://jcer.com/index.php/jcj/article/view/110
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I read it and wasn't surprised to find that they mentioned Persinger's ground-breaking work.  I think it is healthy to consider the possibility of telepathy (and perhaps even precognition) during phase states of the mind and even mere dreaming.

Surely, the evidence that the content of the visions we experience is our creation (often based on what has already been experienced) is stronger.  But I also agree that we shouldn't dismiss possible cases of shared dreaming or visiting people's dreaming minds via the phase as being coincidence all the time (it could be the case but we don't know enough to state that it is coincidence all the time).  Not when we struggle with quantum theory.

Perhaps specific angular momenta in the biophotonic matrix that flows within our brains allows for certain states where a perceive individual unit of consciousness can, not only have external access, but, also, focus on such.  Perhaps certain potentials within the potential contained in phase space (in physics) are brought to the forefront during specific altered states of consciousness.

The universe appears to be an intricate design spread throughout the multidimensionality of space coupled with time where many forces interact.  Correlation between particles, no matter where they are in space, may be prone to creating harmony, because, in the grand scheme of things, space is not a barrier for communication, but rather, a symptom and a part of it, where, like many existential products, it has different functions.  Many of these functions stand on opposite sides of the spectrum according to the scale in which the purpose is being exerted. 

We are part of this madness and it seems that our intrinsic awareness highlights certain points in this system.  This brings to mind a particular sleep paralysis episode I had where I found myself experiencing extreme irrational fear while at the same time thinking logically and wondering why the hell I couldn't control and extinguish that fear.  Palpitations were prominent,  temperature was rising,  I was breathing heavily and I just new that adrenaline was being pumped and my amygdala was very active.

I could not control this process nor the emotional state that came with it.  This made me think.  We are not particularly the physical mechanisms nor the emotional symptoms that come with it.  No.  We are the intrinsic awareness of these complex systems.  The conscious experience of the systems in flow is the universe highlighting them and being aware of them.  I don't think we are anything more than just awareness.  The awareness that serves an important and vital role because, without it, what is the point of anything existing?

Now, there are many symmetries and asymmetries at play when dealing with what works and what doesn't within a physical system (whatever the scale).  But I am not a physicist and don't know enough to come up with a conclusion as to how things work.  Even physicists struggle.  Because of this, I have only uncertainty to be sure of in a world of illusions, coincidence, and, of course, the truly unexplained.

The Spin Mediated Theory of Consciousness may be correct but I can also see that what they are trying to prove is extremely difficult if not a great challenge.  At the same time, I don't condone naysayers when it comes to this proposition as this type of research needs all the support it can get... and honesty!!  Unfortunately, apart from practical experience, all forms of subjectivity must be thrown into the equation and I predict much confusion and doubt.  Perhaps some things cannot be seen directly, only postulated...

Today's experience sort of relates to what me and Jeff have been talking about...

21/03/2012:

I went to bed at 12.40am and fell asleep to Carlos Santana's music.  I woke up at 8am and couldn't remember much about dreaming.  I had slept like a log.  My wife took the kids to school while me and my youngest son Alfred watched TV in the living room.  I napped on the sofa next to him while he watched the Disney Channel.  It was 9.10am when I had last looked at the clock. 

I dreamt that a man had burgled my house and stole my debit card.  He went to the bank and withdrew all my money.  I found out where he lived and discovered that my money was inside a plastic safe by looking through a gap between the lid and the container.  I had a thin wad of notes in my hand and tried to use it to shift an internal latch as I assumed that, by doing so, the safe would open.  This didn't work as the notes slipped through the gap and fell inside the safe.  I was distraught and woke up.

In my groggy state, I saw that my son was gleefully chuckling away to Donald Duck's antics on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse program.  I decided to enter the phase.  I reached sleep paralysis and heard what sounded like someone breaking into the house and taking my crying son away while I lay there, terrified and unable to move.  I snapped out of it and woke up.  My son was sitting next to me and happy to be watching TV.  I was relieved and tried forced falling asleep despite the noise from the telly. 

At one point, I had visual flashes and decided to peer into the darkness behind closed eyes.  Nothing happened so I switched to phantom wiggling.  I imagined it first and then it progressively became more actual in perception.  There was a slow and suspect motion with my arm which prompted me to instinctively slide forwards with my head as the rest of the body followed.

I separated and floated away from my body into a version of the living room with a strange layout.  I looked at the sofa and saw myself lying there apparently asleep.  Next to me, I saw my son also asleep.  It didn't make sense because, prior to my departure from wakefulness, he was awake and watching TV.  In order to deepen the phase, I rubbed my hands together and noticed that the TV was off.  Suddenly, A shadowy man came through the wall and tried to take my son. 

At that point, I remembered that my son has been waking up from his naps in a fearful state and looking at walls.  On a particular occasion, he told me that a man came for him and tried to beat him up.  I told him that it was a dream, that when the man comes it isn't really happening and that if it happens again, he should say "this is my dream, go away".

He is not so different from me.  When I was his age, I was having perennial false awakenings where naked albino men would come through walls and chase me.  This was always in altered versions of the house I was living in at the time but I always assumed that my mother had made some changes while I had been asleep.  I also had instances where I experienced floating out of my body.  In other words, in my infancy, I was entering the phase without knowing it.

Back to today's phase experience... the shadow was about to take my son.  In that moment, I wondered if it was possible that I had entered his dreaming mind and what manifested was my opportunity to make his nightmare go away.  Were our minds quantum entangled?  Was that evidence of the close interaction of photonic emissions between two living beings and the cerebral macro-entanglement between father and son?  Is this, in part, responsible for instances of apparent shared dreaming and telepathy? 

Are dreams really the awareness of a biophotonic matrix that flows in the brain which is occasionally able to communicate with separate organic systems that thrive in the geomagnetic field?  This possibility crossed my mind at the time.  I also thought that perhaps that phase scenario was solely the product of my own mind - active wishful thinking from wanting to do more other than telling my son in waking life that the mean man he saw wasn't real.

I lunged towards the shadowy figure and we fought in midair.  The shadow essence began to envelop my perceived body and I fell into a dream.  This dream appeared to be influenced by the first episode of Tim Kring's "Touch" which I watched before bedtime last night.  I was in a world where I constantly saw patterns indicative of the "evil eye of the beast" as me and a dream partner addressed it.  First, I saw a man drop an oval medal on an open newspaper and the visual outcome was the illusion of a beastly eye.  Then, me and the dream character were discovering shifting patterns that led to the beastly eye outcome everywhere.  This dream was very surreal and I'm surprised that I didn't regain lucidness while it unfolded.  Sometimes there was an eye within an eye within an eye and so on.  Finally, I remember opening a chest of drawers and discovering a cake with an eye from which another eye popped out, and from this eye, another one was born, and so forth until it became a snake that I was fighting with.

I woke up without moving and made a separation attempt.  It worked and I started deepening the phase by palpating objects around me.  The visual clarity that ensued revealed a living room layout which was incongruous with the one in reality.  I became engrossed with the texture of the sofa I had been sleeping on.  Then, it hit me.  The sofa was made of leather like the old one we got rid of ages ago!  At this point, it didn't even occur to me to carry out any plan of action and this may be due to the fact that I didn't even bother reviewing one prior to phase induction.

Suddenly, I heard what sounded like Disney Channel music.  I looked around and there was no TV and my son was missing.  The environment was becoming less defined and took the appearance of being made up of pastel strokes so I desperately rubbed my hands against each other and blew on them.  The music was getting louder and my movement in the phase gradually became restricted.  I sluggishly made towards a nearby chair and had a hard time reaching it.

I felt for the friction and warmth of my hands rubbing against each other violently and persevered until the phase deepened again.  I became paranoid about my surroundings.  I thought I needed to get away from that replicated abode as quickly as possible because if I didn't, my movement would become restricted again.  I was able to glide away from there but I lost lucidity somewhere along the way.

I started to dream about recovering the money that had been stolen from me in the previous dream.  Somehow, I had tracked down the burglar in his house, where he was watching TV while his two young daughters played together.  He seemed hypnotised by whatever he was watching and the girls went to the bathroom.  The coast was clear and I had located the safe.  I had a key for it and opened it.  It was full of money wads and a few loose notes.  I gathered the loose money and realised they were the notes I had used and lost previously in an attempt to open the safe.

Then, it occurred to me that such recalled accident had been a dream because I also remembered the awakening that followed.  I logically reasoned that what was happening now had to be a dream too.  I became lucid and went through a wall to find myself back on the streets.  The architecture that surrounded me was phenomenal and resembled Oporto, Portugal, where I was born.  I stopped in the middle of a road and bent down to touch a patterned road.  It felt so real.  The city was realistic and animated.  I glided through a crowd of people hustling and bustling and vehicles zoomed by.

Everything looked normal apart from people's faces.  Upon closer inspection, they resembled fast-paced zombies.  I fouled and decided to stay awake and check on my son.  I looked at the clock and it was 11am.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

28/03/2012:

I set my alarm for 4.45am before going to bed at 12.20am.  When I woke up at the sound of my alarm, I was able to remember at least three dreams.  The first dream involved me and a group of people using our superpowers against an evil thunderous cloud in the sky. 

In the second dream, I was mostly an observer of a scenario where past contestants of the reality TV show Big Brother were being reviewed.  None of the contestants were real people. 

Finally, I was a participant in the third dream and possessed memories of events that never occurred in waking life.  I was working in a library (which I don’t in reality) and justified the situation by “recallingâ€
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

08/04/2012:

I hit the sack at 1.30am and didn’t take long to fall asleep.  I wasn’t even planning to enter the phase via dream consciousness - or to have a DILD in other words.  I dreamt that I was a time-traveller inhabiting the body of a stranger - like the fictitious Sam Beckett in the science fiction series “Quantum Leapâ€
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

What a fun and beautiful phase!!! I am so jealous.  ;)

I want to experience that kind of adventure! So much fun.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yes, I had so much fun with that one.  The most amazing thing about the phase is that anything can be experienced... mundane, crazy and out-of-this-world! :)

12/05/2012:

I went to bed around 1am and didn’t take long to fall asleep.  I had a series of dreams with the most recent being the most memorable before I found myself in the phase.  I dreamt that I was in a strange house where I looked for an exit but couldn’t find one.  There was an old man with me who was desperate to get out as he was feeling claustrophobic. 

This dream conveyed a sense of urgency.  I came up with the rather irrational solution of looking for my bedroom in that strange house so that I could rest and the old man could come to his senses.  This illustrates how we often behave as though we are brain damaged in ordinary dreams.  I couldn’t find my bedroom and I believe the sense of urgency made me question the reality that surrounded me. 

“Am I dreaming?â€
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Hey summ,
Cool, long and well written like always!
I just missed reading your experiences!
I haven't got much of the phase lately,but sloowly it will come!
well done summ!

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

23/07/2012:

After sleeping well, I woke up at 6pm to use the toilet.  Shortly afterwards, I went back to bed and recalled past occasions where I had gaped at breathless dreamscapes in the phase state.  I intended to reach the phase but couldn’t get comfortable for some time and fell asleep.  What followed were bouts of dreaming and awakenings.  I had become embroiled in a dream storyline where me, my wife, and my mother were working for the Betfred bookmaker.  We were all working alongside, in a betting shop that looked nothing like my workplace in real life, when a customer threw his bet slip at me from the wrong side of the counter.  When I explained to the little man how inappropriate that was he became irate.  As I tell my mother and Stacey not to take any bets from the angry customer, this one starts stumbling around and crashes into something wooden (possibly a chair as I later mentioned in a terse report in my journal).  Somehow he hurt himself and I notice that he is bleeding.  My mother leaves the booth and decides to help him up.  I warn her to stay away from the customer as I can see that he is getting irrationally angrier.  Once he’s up, he brandishes a knife and walks towards us.  Screams are heard in the shop. 

The scene was quite alarming at first but the assailant turned out to be slow and his attacks were easy to dodge so I was somewhat relieved that his torpor would give us time to shelter inside the booth and call the police.  I pulled my mobile phone out of my pocket and dialled.  Nothing happened.  The phone didn’t seem to be working properly so I took a few attempts before realising that I could be dreaming.  Suddenly, I remembered that my mother and wife do not work with me and became simultaneously aware of the strangeness of the surroundings.  That was enough to attain full-fledged lucidity. 

I looked up and saw a woman approaching the counter to place bets and I revelled in the fact that I no longer needed to be responsible as I was not in a real workplace.  I rubbed my hands against each other in order to anchor myself to the phase and passed through the booth wall like a ghost - ignoring the apparent would-be customer.  On my way out, another woman (looking younger than the first one) walked in.  She wore predominantly beige garments and sported straight brown hair at shoulder length.  I asked her what she represented and she teasingly replied with a smirk which somewhat gave me the impression that she was evading the question: “Why?â€
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

31/07/2012:

I was working in a warehouse and a parcel had arrived.  I had family members with me and my wife was keeping an eye on a little bull dog we apparently owned.  The parcel was a little brown box labelled with the words “North Dakotaâ€
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

20/08/2012:

On this particular night I had at least three dreams before entering the phase via dream consciousness.  What put an end to my dream inebriation and kick-started mental elucidation in the morning isn’t clear but I have my suspicions.  As far as I recollect, in the first dream segment I was some sort of officer of the law who wielded a duelling gun (despite admiring this antiquity in my hands I thought nothing of the unusual situation I was in).  I never fired the gun but I would point it at people to make sure they were under control. 

In the second segment, I was in a snow-capped land and could make out vehicles buried under ice.  What unfolded was even weirder and I’m surprised I didn’t attain full consciousness right there and then.  Dark lines could be seen under the ice suggesting that the vehicles had somehow travelled underground.  These lines appeared to be in a tangle and I set out to set them apart with the aid of other people.  This reflects the fact that me and my mother had strived to untangle joystick cables before bedtime.  During such dream, I felt clever, but, at times, frustrated. 

In the third dream segment I observed a young gothic woman having an argument with her boyfriend and an older woman on a train.  To wind her boyfriend up, she started flirting with me.  The boyfriend stormed out at the next stop.  Then, the woman kissed me unexpectedly on the lips and described this as her quickest affair ever.  I felt terribly guilty of having allowed that to happen and told the woman that we could only be friends.  Subsequently, I tried to ring my wife using my mobile but could find her name on its directory.  As I got off the train with that flirtatious woman I felt lost.  She told me not to worry about anything and led me to a nightclub.  My guess is that my sense of being lost - which is a dream sign in itself for me - plus the nightclub environment (I haven’t been to one in years) led to lucidity. 

The vivid dream surroundings became hyper realistic.  Despite the dark atmosphere, objects appear sharp, colourful and well-defined.  The lights emanating from the ceiling and titivating the dance floor with shifting coloured circles helped to create the illusion of a lively nightclub that was tantamount to the real thing.  The gothic woman had disappeared and I was now surrounded by an eclectic crowd that swayed to a strange techno beat.  A slender black woman walked towards me.  When she got within two yards from me a peculiar transmutation occurred.  Her hair receded dramatically, just as it would on a man (only this happened in the space of a second) and she simultaneously aged as was evident by the wrinkles that began to form in her skin.  It was so magical to see that happen right before me.  Subsequently, she turned around, slowly moved away from me and her Afro hair grew back simultaneously with the restoration of her youth.  This phenomenon intrigued me and I wondered what would happen if she approached me again.  As though she was being remotely controlled by my thoughts, she did exactly that and I witnessed her youth wither drastically one more time.  I got the impression that an invisible bubble enveloped me and had an effect on that woman’s appearance every time she approached.  I chuckled at her as she danced in front of me at a safe distance (where she could preserve her youth) and told her: “This is a dream!â€
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

25/10/2012:

I got up at 7.30am and made breakfast for the kids.  They got ready for school and by 8.30am we were out the door.  I dropped them off at school and got back by nine.  At 9.45am, I lay on my stomach on the living room sofa with a firm intention to enter the phase.  Before I fell asleep, Stacey told me not to get too comfortable because shopping was being delivered to our house and we had a morning slot.  I had a dream about the doorbell ringing and people delivering parcels addressed to me.  Later I would associate this dream with the reminder by my wife that shopping was being delivered.  One of the parcels was a new debit card and I was asked to sign for it.  I have not requested for a new card in reality but in the dream that seemed normal.  Then, several unrelated agents arrived and they were all asking me to sign for several things that I had supposedly requested.  A stranger even turned up and asked me to pick a random number for him so he could place a bet at the local bookmaker. 

I awoke to the sound of an aeroplane flying overhead and became aware of my opportunity to enter the phase when I realised that the aircraft’s turbines sounded too close and had a peculiar sound.  A pulsating hiss ensued and I amplified it to a peak of rushing sounds before rolling over and out of my body.  I fell to the floor and my arm hit the coffee table nearby.  For a moment I thought that phase entrance had never occurred but the lack of visibility was strong evidence that the surroundings had to be virtual and not actual.  I realistically felt the friction of my hands rubbing against each other and tried to see them but visibility didn’t manifest.  I was confused and paused to think about what to do next which caused a foul.  I could feel the sofa beneath me and my body felt heavy. 

Sounds were heard coming from the TV and a presence was felt sitting nearby.  I raised my head and saw my deceased stepfather Sergio sitting comfortably and smiling at me.  He seemed very real, true to life, and slightly younger than what he looked like before he died.  I was able to sit up with ease in the phase.  I started rubbing my hands and talking to him: “How are you?â€
Last edited by Summerlander on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Straight out of my journal:

After having slept throughout the night I woke up in the early hours of the morning, about six, and used the loo.  I went down and fell asleep with intention.  Caught the next awakening and successfully entered the phase by separating from the body stencil (deferred indirect method used).

Vision is negative.  I deepen to successfully create vision.  I fly out of the house and over the town.  There is a lingering blackness in the sky making me blind.  It's annoying.  I fly-teleport back to the house.  Phase state fading.  Maintenance by palpation of external walls of the house.  Passing through front door like a ghost.  I press the light switch but it doesn't work.  I galvanically brighten environment with my mind.

Plan of action comes to mind of translocation to 'phase workshop' (1st step).  Going through the mirror-portal lands me in unknown house interior.  Humanoid lying on the floor asks me for help.  I have no desire to engage in a dialogue so I ignore the creature.  Foul.

Tingling.  Voices.  Phase re-entry.  I shoot up through the roof and land in the back garden.  It's unusually colourful and summer bright.  Deepening by peering and touching plants that don't exist in reality.  Hyperreality.  I grab a bunch of green stalks and bring them to my face.  Minty scent experienced.  "wow, I can smell this!"  ID (internal dialogue).  Worry about getting up for work.  Distraction.  Foul.

Auditory hallucinations.  Voices: "Lindo, you owe us..."  Presence felt in the room.  Sleep paralysis.  Intense fear.  I shake my head aggressively.  Hallucination over.  No desire to re-enter the phase.

General observations:

Often, when I try the indirect method, I get sounds upon awakening and then vision and movement (or vice versa) may follow.  For that reason, if I'm employing indirect techniques, I start by listening in as it has become quite familiar to me.

When I employ the direct method, I relax my body first and then begin with visualisation (as I've been so successful starting with this technique).  Secondary sensations - like vibrations and movement - usually follow.

Dream consciousness still occurs even when I don't plan to enter the phase.  It provides me with the buzz of discovering that I am dreaming, and, upon a foul, I usually separate immediately.

31st Oct 2012:

Planned method of entry: deferred direct
Bedtime: 1:15 am (tired from Science Museum visit)
Awakening: 5:40 am (used loo, took antacids, drank water, studied plan of action, used loo again)
Return to bed: 6:20 am
Attempt: unsuccessful (should not be tempted to practise on work days; fell asleep)
Phase experience notes: N/A
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

I have the same problem attempting to enter the phase during the work week. I just don't get enough sleep. Weekends are much better for me. I love how good u are at re-entering the phase after a foul!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yeah.  Michael is right.  We are better off doing it on our days off.  I'm off tomorrow.  I was going to try tonight but the neighbour already made me do some shots of some strong alcoholic drink.  Maybe I should skip trying to enter the phase tonight.  I can usually re-enter after fouls but sometimes I feel like wakefulness just takes over and then I desire to write down what I've already experienced rather than going back in.  I guess Michael's philosophy is ideal though: re-enter as many times as you can.