LucidDreaming's diary

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

LucidDreaming's diary

Post by LucidDreaming »

I decided to create a practise blog myself. I guess it will be easier to analyze my mistakes. Let's start from my previous attempt (last night).

2011 05 06 night attempt:

I set my alarm clock to wake me up after 6 hours of sleeping. I woke up, went to the bahtroom and went back to bed. I coudn't fall asleep for 1 hour. I don't know why. Maybe too much excitement, because of the last successful attempt. When I finally managed to fall asleep, I exited my dream, so I could awake counsciously. I immediately applied seperation techniques, but it was far away from showing any results. Than I did indirect technique cycles, but they failed too and I had problems falling asleep again. I guess I was too refreshed. I felt like I could just stop sleeping and wake up. After falling asleep I exited  a dream again, managed to awake counsciously, but all of the techniques failed again.

Analyzes: After waking up completely I immediately opened SOBT and found an answer. Michael says that when using alarm clock as an aid to wake yourself up after sleeping 6 hours, leaving the bed is not necessary, because it can result in not being able to fall asleep again.

Findings: Not going back to sleep and staying counscious for too long in my bed, resulted in a state of me being too awake, even after forcing myself to sleep and awakening counsciously techniques failed. So, next time I am not leaving my bed after alarm clock rings.
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Re: LucidDreaming's diary

Post by wiii »

Try to attempt indirect techniques after natural awakenings,it happened to me in my last session,I got to bed just before midnight,and i hand about 4 phases in a row,and then when i looked at the clock it was only 3 AM so i did not sleep 6 hours,even thou most phases i got in the morning after a good night sleep!I just say it is possible that the phase can occur earlyer than 6 hours of sleep,as Mr. Raduga says it is necesar to have deep lapses in consciousness,in order to get good result!
I never use alarms to wake for attempts to get into the phase!
Just be patient,have confidence,create a strong very strong desire to enter in the phase!
Anyway i thing only Mr Raduga is able to give good advices as I am only sharing my opinion:P

wii
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

Thanks for answering. Few months ago, when I discovered this book, I tried to enter the phase only after natural awakenings. 2 weeks of constant trying, with absolutely no results, so I quit. And now I try to get up after 6 hours, than go to sleep again and only than try entering the phase. it worked for me after my first try. I don't know. Maybe I was doing something wrong...
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I bet, there's a lot of mistakes. Just keep trying it over and over againd and you will see all
your problems.
LucidDreaming wrote: So, next time I am not leaving my bed after alarm clock rings.
If you will do this, 90% all your next awakenings will be much less conscious and without good intention. It means, you will reduce your chances even more. I gurantee this.

Why you decided you will never be able to fall asleep faster? Just try it over again and you will get it in a few days. Or you can be awake for 1 hour and then fall asleep. It is even much more better than 5 minutes.

More over, you did attempts, but failed them. So, real problems are here
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

2011 05 07 night attempt:
I woke up after sleeping for 6 hours. Lied in my bed for few minutes with eyes wide opened and decided that I am ready to go. I set my intention up to catch my next awakenings. And I did. I had 3 counscious awakenings and I didn't move or didn't open my eyes even for a bit. I tried 4 cycles on each of them every time trying indirect techniques that suit me most. 1. Observing images (This technique had helped me to reach the Phace once, one week ago). 2. Listening in. 3. Concentrating on my breathing. and 4. Swimming imagination. All 3 attemps showed me no results.

Analyzes:
I am pretty sure, that everything I did was right, because last week I was doing same things and I got into the phase. So I should compare what was different than the last time. I think that environment was louder, brighter and not so comfortable. I don't know what I did wrong with my cycles, because they were the same as in successful attempt.

Questions for Mr. Raduga:
1. Could environment be the cause of my unsuccessful attempt?
2. I have tried indirect techniques lots of times after about 2 - 4 hours of sleep too. What could be the reason of me failing? Too exhausted? Not REM? Not enough experience?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

LucidDreaming wrote: Questions for Mr. Raduga:
1. Could environment be the cause of my unsuccessful attempt?
2. I have tried indirect techniques lots of times after about 2 - 4 hours of sleep too. What could be the reason of me failing? Too exhausted? Not REM? Not enough experience?
Of course, it may reduce your chances, but not ruined it.

Did any technique perform itself?

yes - you were in the phase and the problem is separation
no - a) more practice with techniques during the day; b) more actively use the forced falling asleep techniques simultaneously with other techniques; c) if you are 100% aware after each attempts, you are too active and think too much
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

No, none of them worked. I have to admit that I don't realy practise techniques during the day, because I think, that I got hang of it already. I must be wrong then. Does practising during day time raise your chances a lot?
And, I don't realy get forced falling asleep. I have read about it multiple times in your book, but I still don't understand the technique. As I am doing it now, I just pretend that I am going to sleep, relax and do things I do before realy going to sleep for like 5 seconds and then agresively try seperation. it doesn't bring any vibrations or similar things. I don't even feel it working. And when should I use it?
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

2011 05 08 night:
I decided to take a break and do not try to get into the phase. I was normaly dreaming that I was sitting on the bench, when my  Dream Guide came and asked me if I was dreaming. Than suddenly, it strucked me.  I got into the phase while becoming counscious while dreaming. Since I had a plan and I knew, that I had to do deepening and maintaining it was very nice phase experience. I tried walking around, going through walls, flying and teleporting. All of these things worked. I was excited and I finaly woke up after forgetting to do maintaining.

Analyzes: Michael was right that a lot of phases can be aquired while becoming counscious in your dream. I am expecting more of it to come.
Last edited by LucidDreaming on Tue May 10, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Does practising during day time raise your chances a lot?
It may raise your chances in many times
As I am doing it now, I just pretend that I am going to sleep, relax and do things I do before realy going to sleep for like 5 seconds and then agresively try seperation. it doesn't bring any vibrations or similar things. I don't even feel it working. And when should I use it?
If you do it upon real awakenings, it's right. Do not do any relaxation. Just try to fall asleep somehow
I decided to take a break and do not try to get into the phase.
It was a good idea
Michael was right that a lot of phases can be aquired while becoming counscious in your dream. I am expecting more of it to come.
Up to 1/3 phases will come from becoming conscious in dreams. Even if you will never try it, but will work only with indirect techniques
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

2011 05 09 night:
My break was still on, so I decided not to try indirect techniques. I cought myself awake after about 6 hours of sleep without alarm, but ignored it and when to sleep again. Than I had counscious awakening and it already felt like I was in the phase. Indeed, very strange feeling. I thought: "Well, I should try using seperation technique". And I did. It worked and I seperated. I was standing in my room, but my body was not in the bed, so I started doubting if I am realy in the phase, even thou seperation felt very real. I immediately pinched my nose and I could breath though it. I rubbed my hands and touched everything around me. Once I felt that my phase had nice quality I started acting as I planned. In the end, it was very nice phase experience again, but I forgot to do maintaining and woke up after about 10 minutes.

Analyzes:
I didn't expect to get into the phase, but I did. It makes me happy. :) I find that having a plan is very very important, because my concentration in the phase is not as good as in real life yet and if I had no plan prepared, my phase would be wasted.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Keep thinking the way you do.

P.S. When you started the break, you reduced importance. That's why I said it was good idea.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

2011 05 13 night attempt:
I decided to try indirect techniques, since it is weekend. I woke up after 6 hours of sleeping, went back to bed with huge intention to catch my next awakening and perform techniques. Fortunately, i got into the phase while becoming counscious in a dream. It was the worst phase experience I have ever had. It was pretty long, but uncontrollable. I had a plan, but I forgot to do deepening, so coudn't teleport where I want or do what I want. I knew that I forgot something and I just kept rubbing my hands until I woke up.

Analyzes: I have to reread deepening and maintaining chapters in Michale's book. Next time I should include deepening in my plan of actions.

Question:
How can I chain phases? I mean, get into another one after one ends. I've tried it about 4 times, but I always fail even thou I exit my phase and I don't move or open my eyes. Techniques are not working.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

You will get it by experience. Just keep trying it every time. Maybe, now you can get only 1 of 10 reentering, but step by step you will get 4-8 of 10. In this situation the primary thing is your self-confidence. When you will get it - you will do it very easily.

Just keep trying it every time.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

Thank you. When I am into something, I never give up. :)
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

it's good. I like it
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

Urgh... Dry spell. Coudn't get into the phase for one week. I am doing a break now. I guess practising 4 - 5 days per week was too much for me. First tries failed, because I didn't have my earplugs with me and noises around always interrupted my attempts. I got nervous, but I tryed other nights too and guess what? yes, dry spell.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Michael Raduga wrote: Re-entering:
try to separate before a full returning to the body, try to do it on the way of a returning. You need just practice. You will get it anyway.
Hey Lucid Dreaming...this is what Michael told me after I asked him the same question.  I too was having a problem with this.  Since then, I have been able to re-enter the phase a bunch of times.  The last time I tried this, I noticed everything going black, I immediately tried to sit up, and it worked!  I was back in!  You have to be careful though, always do a reality check upon separation, so you don't get fooled!  Also, I had a Lucid Dream a few nights ago where I re-entered it 3 times just by not moving and picturing myself back in the dream...all of a sudden the visualization became my reality.  It was surprisingly easy!

Hope this helps!
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

Thank you very much dreamsrock, it may actually work. But, first of all, I have to break my dry spell! Next time I exit the phase I will re-enter it deffinetely. ;D
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

2011 05 27 night:
I was on my one and a half weak dry spell and I was not trying to get into the phase. But I broke my dry spell, by becoming counscious within a dream. Once I understood that I am in the phase, I immediately tryed to do deepening, but I failed and got thrown back into my body. Refusing to surrender, I somehow managed to reenter my dream. YAY! So, after successfuly reentering my dream, I performed deepening and through all of the phase, I did maintaining.

My plan was to talk with my subcounscious and ask for my talent and quick way to earn money. After calling my dream character to talk with me, I started conversation. it was very strange conversation, because she kept asking non related things which I can't remember. After, finally, asking question I wanted to ask, she answered: "Eating". She said it and nothing more after that. That's when my phase ended, after about 10 minutes of being in it.

2011 05 28 night:
I wasn't planning to get into the phase, but I got counscious in my dream. After getting counscious I performed deepening and maintaining through all the phase. My plan was to try telekinesis on small things and than try crashing moon into the ground. I moved basketball around very easily, than I moved around some bigger things and woke up after about 7 minutes of phase experience.

Analyzes:
I am training for about 1 or 2 months and I had about 6 big phase experiences. Compared my last one, with the first one I learnt a lot. I used to have a plan, which I wanted to accomplish and if something went wrong with the plan, I couldn't control things around me and I would immediately wake up. Now, I can think and act a lot calmer and smarter, I can even react to certain circumstances. Even thou, it's still hard for me to get into the phase. I usually end up being cousncious within a dream, when I want to perform indirect techniques. It works, but I prefer seperation for deepening my skills...
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

My plan was to talk with my subcounscious and ask for my talent and quick way to earn money. After calling my dream character to talk with me, I started conversation. it was very strange conversation, because she kept asking non related things which I can't remember. After, finally, asking question I wanted to ask, she answered: "Eating". She said it and nothing more after that. That's when my phase ended, after about 10 minutes of being in it.
Interesting. I might try this. Although, I've had some experience with this. I'm an artists and the Phase has actually allowed me to see finished pieces up on the walls of burlesque replicas of my house. When I looked at them I don't remember painting them but they were strangely familiar and they were done in my style. this was a true paradox I experienced. It felt like I had amnesia in the Phase. Then a friend of mine postulated that what I saw were my ideas which are already manifest in that level of consciousness and it is up to me to decide whether to recreate them in actuality or not. I haven't and even if I did they wouldn't be the same as physical pieces. But then again, the finished piece is never quite like the idea...
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

A lot of nights in one:
I have had lots of phases for the past few weeks. The hard part for me is not entering it, but staying in it and not waking up. After performing teleportation or other big action in the phase, I have to apply deepening/maintaining immediately or I will wake up, sometimes I am even too afraid to try, so I stick around smaller things.

Some notes: Entering phase became strange thing to me. I don't need to wake up after 6 hours and build my motivation up I just suddenly catch myself awake (usually it's on early morning) and I seperate, that's it. Sometimes I am able to do it twice per night.

Analyzes: This practise is very important to me, because I feel that I can learn a lot and I hope that I will. Even thou, there is a long road ahead of me. :D
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

In such cases, problems with maintaining the phase usually are caused by psycological problems. Maybe, you thinnk too much about it in the phase that makes it real.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

I had phase experience which I would like to disccus, so I am updating my blog.

My alarm clock on my phone broke (don't ask how that happened), so lately I've been trying to wake up after 6 hours of sleep without any kind of device to help me. And I succeeded today. I woke up, went to the bathroom and went back to sleep. The thought of counscious awakening was going through my head as I drifted into the dream. I managed to exit that dream, so I woke up without moving. And then I had to face my biggest enemy - loud noises (my family was up very early preparing to go to work and they were shoutign for nogood reason). I decided not to let this chance slip away and performed "Observing images". it worked immediately and there were no need to perform seperation technique. I ended up in the phase.

After succesfully entering the phase I immediately performed deepening and through out the phase I was performing maintaining. My plan was to try shapeshifting and turn into a wolf. I tryed imagining myself becoming one and started running on my hands and legs like a dog, but I failed, so I tryed again. After few unsuccessful tries, I started hearing loud noises and thought that it was my parents, so I had to do something. I performed deepening, but still... I lose control and woke up. i tried to re-enter but I failed.

Now I am worried that I coudn't transform into a wolf and I want to know how to do that. Have any of you tried anything like this? have you succeeded?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I've already answered on your question in another thread, but you intuitively did it in the right way. Just try it over again with more agression and self-confidence. Once you'll achieve this, it'll be easy for the rest of your life

BTW, you can use earplugs to get rid of sounds (earplugs and a sleeping mask - is the best kit for succesfull phase practice)
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

I had 2 Phase experiences. The day before yesterday and yesterday. I became counscious in my dream both times. Even thou my objective is to transform into the wolf or meet a nice girl :D, I don't know why, but both times I ended up flying the whole Phase. It was really great. The first time I tryed flying, I coudn't control speed or height. But now I got used to it. I flew above mountains, rivers, cities. So far, this was the best thing I have experienced (in my enter life probably).

Question:

Sometimes I find it hard to think clearly in the phase. Even after nice deepening. Will I overcome this?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Sometimes, it's impossible to get clear mind in the phase. Especially while becoming lucid in dreams
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

So, that means, even your mind is not 100% clear?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Sometimes. Not everytime
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I have more fun when my mind is a little bit hazy.  Just seems like it is easier to fly and do awesome things.  Also I'm surprised more because the environment is apt to quickly change spontaniously when my mind isn't so clear.

Unfortunately the "fun" I have while in a hazy state often leads me to not deepen well when it kicks in and then I fall asleep.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

LawPaw wrote: I have more fun when my mind is a little bit hazy.  Just seems like it is easier to fly and do awesome things.  Also I'm surprised more because the environment is apt to quickly change spontaniously when my mind isn't so clear.

Unfortunately the "fun" I have while in a hazy state often leads me to not deepen well when it kicks in and then I fall asleep.
The deeper the phase is, the harder it is to manipulate.