Re: Breadbassed's travels

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I decided last night i wouldn't try and enter the phase, and would have a 'night off'.  I had a false awakening in the morning and did a reality check and became lucid, so although i had decided not to bother with any techniques, the routine of reality checks in the morning created a phase experience for me.

Unfortunately to make 100% sure i was in the phase i attempted to put my hand through the wall, but no matter how hard i tried it wouldn't work.

This eventually ended in a foul and another false awakening, but i didnt become lucid in that one.

So a very short lived phase but proved that reality checks during the day can be helpful to induce lucidity, even when you aren't even trying.  Though perhaps i fouled because i didn't have the initial intention, therefore hadn't set myself any tasks.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Hey everyone, just thought i would let you know im off traveling tomorrow for a couple of months so wont be around on here for a while.  Im gonna try and have a phase experience while on the plane, it could be interesting if it works, but might prove difficult.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Safe travels Breadbassed. Enjoy your travels!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Good luck entering the phase while on that plane!  Perhaps you can have a lucid skydiving experience and then fly away like Superman!  8)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Hey everyone, im back from my travels.  unfortunately didn't have many phase experiences while away, i think the constant changes in sleeping pattern made it more difficult.

Im back now and starting again, i had my first phase experience in a while last night.

As i was falling asleep i found myself in London by a busy road and saw me run past myself.  This triggered lucidity and i chased myself down the road.  My other self disappeared so i decided to try to relocate as i wanted to get away from the noise of the cars.

I dived through the floor and came back out where i started, pretty unsuccessful.  I tried another approach, i flew over the river thames and skimmed across the water (i tried to go underneath but couldn't).

When i arrived on the other side i found myself in a park with lots of people.  I asked one woman for some useful information, she replied something along the lines of 'i wasn't a person in the first place'  ???

I recently finished reading the Thiaoouba Prophecy (an interesting book whether it is true or not), and decided to try and contact one of the aliens from this 'story'. As Ken Masters from street fighter ran past me?! I looked to the sky and saw a number of streaks in the sky like planes.  Then all the people in the park spread out making a path way between them.  Down this path way a precession of people came by, i noticed a cart full of what looked like little fetus' but they where transparent, there were also a few men who were made from stone being forced to the centre of the park.  I asked a person standing next to me what was happening, he said "they are being born".  The stone men looked as if they were putting up a struggle, but these slightly taller men had it under control.

It was then i awoke, i tried to hold on to the arm of the person next to me but it was too late.  Any attempts to re-enter failed.

It was an interesting phase experience, but it's just good to be back, i've missed it!

;D
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Dear practitioners,
Please, take a part in our new experiment (NDE simulation):
http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=7

Report results to [email protected]
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Haven't posted on here for ages!

Remembered a fairly recent phase experience, that started off quite unpleasant but i guess shows that something trying to harm you in the phase is nothing to really worry about.

I cant remember all the experience now, but what i do remember was quite vivid.  I was being chased by many small children, although they were more like silhouettes, carrying knives, and trying to stab me.  Lucidity seemed to come on gradually, i started of attempting to throw grenades at them, then attempted to use my thoughts to stop them or blow them up or something.  None of these seemed to work for some reason.  As i became more lucid and gained some more rationality, and realising the truth of being in a realm completely non physical, i just let the kids surround me, and while saying to myself that i cant be hurt, let them continuously stab me.  Seems unpleasant, but there were not detrimental affects.

After this i carried on as normal but fell back into the dream state.  If anyone gets concerned with 'entities' attacking them, i wouldnt worry about it. Its probably just an unconscious part of your pysche being shown to you symbolically.

Will start to write up my phase experiences again here since i have been out for a while!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Interesting.  I'd say it is definitely governed by the subconscious mind.  Such characters are aspects of ourselves and although scary, can actually help us with self-integration if we acknowledge them as part of us and make efforts to understand them.  You did well in not running away and holding on to the truth that you cannot be harmed in the phase.  The experience reminds me of Village of the Damned starring Christopher Reeve. 

I'm curious...

Did you watch something similar on the telly or can you make any connection/association between waking life events or wakeful thoughts and what manifested in the phase?  Even if there isn't any immediate association god knows how many thought transformations or hybrid thought-combinations the mind has gone through in the phase state...
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I cant think of anything off the top of my head that may have triggered it.  Dont think i was watching anything in with murderous children! lol, but it was a while ago so cant be certain.

I have definitely had lots of dreams that im certain have been influenced by things i was watching before bed, so i can imagine it would probably be the same in a lucid dream too.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I achieved lucidity the other night, i was doing some backflips and stuff and realised that it took a long time for me to land back on the ground.  This induced lucidity.  I decided to do some deepening techniques, drumming on a table to produce sounds and sensation.  I did this for a little while and then decided to try and use my sense of smell (the only sense i haven't experienced in the phase as of yet).

I picked up a bowl of crisps and took a whiff, nothing, then i even decided to smell someones armpit, but still not really any sense of a smell coming through.  Shortly after i had a false awakening and lost lucidity.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced smells in the phase?  I assume maybe as its the sense im least aware of in waking life, its harder to 'activate' it in the phase?  I might try again next time and see if i have any success.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I have smelt in mu 'dreams'.

last night I went into a public toilet in my dream and it smelt disgusting.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Luna, have you specifically tried to smell something while lucid? I wonder if there is any difference.

I have recently been having some strange entries into lucidity. I guess the best way to describe it would be like experiencing the onset of sleep paralysis, but while falling asleep in a dream rather than falling asleep for real.

For example, recently i had a very brief phase experience. I was falling asleep next to my girlfriend (although this was a dream) and felt vibrations, at first i thought for some reason, that i had headphones on and was in water, and the vibrations were some form of electric shock running through me. Then i realised how stupid that was, as there was no water in my bed! This made me realise that i was in sleep paralysis (or thats what it felt like). I then saw a large blue/white ball of light in front of my vision, and heard a voice say "get up now", or perhaps it was my internal voice. So i did, and found myself in a lucid phase state.

I suppose if i was completely lucid before the 'imagined sleep paralysis' i would have realised i was already in the phase and didn't need to do any form of separation. This is a new phenomena to me, as i have had OBE like experiences while already in the phase but never felt like i was having sleep paralysis while dreaming, its quite strange.

It reminds a little of the book i recently read, Far Journeys, by Robert Monroe, where he goes out of body, twice, so to speak. Perhaps my reading of this has brought on these experience, im not sure.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Im not sure why i would dream that i was in sleep paralysis, the sensations are exactly the same as normal sleep paralysis from a waking state! There is surely no purpose for these sensations, or paralysis (even if they are imagined) if im already asleep right?