Re: Breadbassed's travels

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Breadbassed's travels

Post by breadbassed »

I have recently been having success with the rotation technique after forced falling asleep. It took me a while to understand what to do but i have it now.

I have had lots of LD's, and having more and more OBE's but the one i had last night was frustrating.

After trying rotation i felt movement but wasn't sure if it was enough to separate. I tried it anyway and had an OBE, but i managed to convince myself that it was a failed attempt and went back to bed! It felt so real i thought i had actually got up in my physical body, so a missed opportunity there! Not sure if there is anyway to avoid this (apart from reality checks but i foolishly didn't do a proper one)

Anyway, i will keep you guys up to date with my future travels in the phase. Im sure they will be good :)
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Sometimes I do this mistake even after 12 years of very active practice. You can only reduce the quantity of such failures. It is really so real
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Thats good to know that you still make that error too, i don't feel so bad about it now, it can be so real. It's is just frustrating that i missed an opportunity as i don't get them too often, probably once or twice a week. I will keep trying.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

So the last 2 nights in a row i entered the phase through separation, i almost convinced myself it was a failed attempt but remembered to do a reality check and realized i was in the phase.

Although my experiences were interesting, whenever i tried to make a request, say to meet someone for example, it wouldn't work. Is this because i hadn't done enough deepening?  Last night i forgot to do any deepening at all, next time i will remember to do deepening techniques for a while before i try to make any requests.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Of course, deepening means a lot, but there may be a lot of other problems related to managing the phase. If you will be more persistent, you will overcome them sooner or later
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

So last night after about 4 hours of sleep i woke up and did a few little things, went to the toilet, lit some incense, then went back to bed.  As i was falling asleep i started to observe dream images coming in and out of my awareness.  Once i felt that one was strong enough i just got up and fell off the end of my bed, i was in the phase.

I was in complete darkness which happens to me a lot when i exit my body, so started deepening techniques till i could see, here's the interesting part.  I've been wanting to do an OBE 'test' for a while, so before i went to bed i shuffled a deck of cards and put one high up in my room where i couldn't see it (i didn't look at it).  As soon as i could see after deepening i climbed up and looked at the card, what i saw was the 8 of diamonds.

After doing this i jumped out my window and explored the 'dream' garden, two alien like creatures drove up and pulled out guns on me but i disarmed them quickly, lol. I stole their car and drove around crashing into things for fun, then i had a false awakening. I was back in my room but i woke up standing so instantly knew i was still in the phase.

This time i decided to try something else i had wanted to try, might sound a bit crazy but i spoke to the plants in my room, i made them grow huge and they filled my room, it looked spectacular, then the spirit of the plants manifested as my bag, which was strange, and he spoke like an old english man.  I don't really remember what he said.

Shortly after i woke up for real, and it took me a little while to remember what i had done in the phase, but when i did i jumped up and checked the card to see if i was right.  It turned out to be the 8 of clubs, so i got the suite wrong but the number was right!  I was still pretty happy even though i didn't get it 100% correct, it was close enough for me! ;D
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

All is very good. I like when practitioners perform any experiments in the phase. But it indicates on problems with maintaining of consciousness:
breadbassed wrote: Shortly after i woke up for real, and it took me a little while to remember what i had done in the phase
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

When I am in the phase and think I have a useful information,i keep reppeting it to remember it better!!
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

So last night after about 5 hours of sleep i got up and had a smoke of this herb called 'calea zacetechichi', it is meant to enhance dreaming and has been proven to prolong REM periods.

After going back to bed it took me a while to get back to sleep, i i had a short dream, then awoke, but i could see a reflection of myself with my eyes open. I checked to feel if my eyes were closed and they were. So i knew i was in the phase and just got up. 

I attempted to 'move inwards' (there is a theory that there are different levels of the phase, and i was trying to access a deeper level).  As i did i saw the blue outline of a figure come towards me and thought it might be my 'guide', but he just walked right through me, i ended up in a garden where two kids were playing, and their mother was watching. I spoke to them a little and the girl gave me a present, a small toy bear.  I had previously heard about getting your 'dream object', where you find it in a dream, and then find it in waking life to help with enhanced dreaming (whether or not i'll ever find this toy bear in reality i don't know).  After speaking with the mother she confirmed that this was my 'dream object'.

From here i called out for an Aethyr, which is basically like a spirit guide, a man dressed as a bird came along and i asked for him to bestow his wisdom upon me.  He gave me a riddle which as much as i tried to remember i couldn't when i woke up (maybe because the rest of my phase experience seemed to last so long, there was too much to remember all of it).  He basically spoke about something regarding control.

Also in this area i tried some healing, i tore my hamstring a year ago and it still gives me grief now and again so i tried to stick my hand into my leg and mess with it (whether it has had any effect or not i don't know).  I ran out of ideas for what to do so decided to move to a new area. I saw a window with some people on the other side so jumped through and ended up in a dark place, surrounded by these people (who were vampires!).  One said that he was 5000 years old!  I tried to make nice conversation with them but they shortly decided to turn on me and grabbed hold of me, i called out for Odin (another of thing on my list of things to so in the phase) and he appeared and fought off all the vampires with my help, he asked me for weapons so i manifested ones from a game i once played called 'God of War'.  Shortly after i had a false awakening and exited into the phase once again.  This time in my room, i just messed around a bit with the dream from here (shooting monsters from my window).

The thing with this experience was that i had a lot more awareness or consciousness than i normally do in the phase, and the it seemed to last for ages, so long that i ran out of ideas for what to do next (although now i think about it there are more things i could have done).  I only recall one previous phase experience that seemed to last a long time, im wondering if this herb helped with the awareness levels and longevity. Also on another note, i hardly had to do any deepening from what i can remember.

I don't condone smoking herbs without research into it first.  I would also say you are better off not spending money on them and just improving through your natural ability.  Still, it was definitely a good phase experience and im sure the calea zacetechichi helped.
arqmeister
PHASER
PHASER

Post by arqmeister »

Don't become depindent on it. While it may have worked this time. Who knows what might happen in the future. Currently i am having difficulty with awareness levels in the phaise.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Wow great phase!  I'm totally jealous...that was seriously a long, stable phase.  Good job!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Nice one and congrats! Good advice from Aethyr there. It seems that this character could be useful to you.
Odin (another of thing on my list of things to so in the phase) and he appeared and fought off all the vampires with my help,
Wow! You make me feel nostalgic with this! I used to read Thor magazines...and Doctor Strange too - funnily enough he entered the Phase quite a lot in order to solve his problems! ;D

I might create a 'friend' of my own one of these days and have him/her accompany me during my metaphysical sojourns... :P
Shortly after i had a false awakening and exited into the phase once again.  This time in my room, i just messed around a bit with the dream from here (shooting monsters from my window).
More madness in the Phase! I love it! :D
The thing with this experience was that i had a lot more awareness or consciousness than i normally do in the phase, and the it seemed to last for ages, so long that i ran out of ideas for what to do next (although now i think about it there are more things i could have done).  I only recall one previous phase experience that seemed to last a long time, im wondering if this herb helped with the awareness levels and longevity. Also on another note, i hardly had to do any deepening from what i can remember.
Maybe the herb is causing your pineal gland to release a little more endogenous DMT than usual. Either that or you're entering the Phase during periods where melatonin is at a peak and it may have something to do with it.

By the way, what is your diet like? Are you fond of milk, cheese, yoghurt and other edibles rich in tryptophan? Bananas are also rich in serotonin which helps concentration.
I don't condone smoking herbs without research into it first.  I would also say you are better off not spending money on them and just improving through your natural ability.  Still, it was definitely a good phase experience and im sure the calea zacetechichi helped.
This is good advice...naturally is the best way. I once induced such a Phase experience that completely blew me away and what's more...it was totally natural! :)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Very cool experience breadbassed !

My one short experience with calea Z was not quite as interesting,but now I think I'll give it another try after reading your post. The 'dream characters' seemed to mess with me in strange ways until I finally became lucid. [ For instance,one guy kung fu sparred with me. He did a weird 'crab style' and actually sprouted claws..LOL ]

I took off flying over this mega metropolis which then came under a nuclear attack! I could hear millions of people screaming below-very disturbing.I escaped to 'outerspace' and then fouled.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Summerlander wrote: By the way, what is your diet like? Are you fond of milk, cheese, yoghurt and other edibles rich in tryptophan? Bananas are also rich in serotonin which helps concentration.
Yeah i have milk on my cereal almost everyday and am pretty fond of cheese but don't eat it everyday. I have experimented a little with this, such as eating a banana before bed and some horlicks (high in b12 which is meant to aid dreaming) but never had any luck with it.

I recently had my first indirect phase experience, which i got into straight after going to bed at night.  I was out drinking the night before and had two naps during the day so this may have helped.

As i fell asleep i felt vibrations and sounds (which i haven't had for along time), which scared my somewhat but i kept reminding myself it was all just in my head and nothing to worry about.  On my first exit i jumped out of my window into my garden and it was dark, like night time, and no matter what i did (deepening, requests etc) i couldn't get more light, after getting frustrated i was back in my body, but shortly after had vibrations again and left.

This time i called out and a dream character came and told me to follow him.  We walked into a painting on the wall which was strange how it all came to life then ended up in another place.  We ended up in some clothes factory and the characters tried to get me to try on some clothes but i mentioned that i had no interest in changing my appearance as it was only a dream and didn't really matter.  I asked one of the workers how he felt about working there, unfortunately i can't remember too much more as it was a few days ago, and i didn't write any of it down.  There was one point where the dream characters seemed to be ignoring me, perhaps i was fading out, after deepening i managed to get their attention again.

Upon awakening (about 2.30) i found it hard to remember many details, probably because i had fallen into sleep again for what must have been at least an hour before i woke, so there was a long lapse in consciousness between the phase and awakening. 
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

This time i called out and a dream character came and told me to follow him.  We walked into a painting on the wall which was strange how it all came to life then ended up in another place.
This is interesting. I like it when dream archetypes address you. There could be some symbolism behind it all. It could even be you talking to yourself. Nice one for sharing it.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

So i woke up at 6.30 this morning, did a few things and went back to bed, i didn't do any techniques as such, but it took me so long to get back to sleep i felt myself enter sleep paralysis, so as soon as i felt it was right i got up and fell off the end of my bed (seems to be becoming my standard exit procedure these days).  After some deepening i walked out my room and saw my reflection in a mirror, i was wearing a hat, which was confirmation to me that i was now in the phase as i haven't worn a hat in years.

So i wanted to repeat my previous test in a slightly different manner. I got my sister to write down a 3 digit number and put it in her room to see if i could read it in the OBE state. I walked in her room and her boyfriend was asleep, i called out his name a few times and tried to convince him it was a dream but he seemed sleepy and didnt respond.  The results from looking at the number were inconclusive as i perhaps hadn't deepened enough and it wasn't very stable.  I'll tell my sister what i saw anyway and let you know if the results are worth hearing about.  Anyway, after telling my sister also that this was a dream and they could both do what they want i dived through the floor to relocate.

I ended up in an old library and tried some deepening, the normal method of touching everything worked, there was also a CD on the floor, i wanted to use more senses than touch to deepen further, so i licked the CD, at first it didnt taste of anything but after a few licks it kinda tasted how a CD would i suppose, it did seem to make my surroundings more realistic.

Last night before bed i was reading a highly interesting website on the Illuminati, actually made by some members, so thought i would try and find out more about them in the phase, so i called out 'Illuminati'. Before i finished the word 3 chairs moved by themselves into a small row and a voice said "take a seat", so i did.  The walls of the library opened up into a stage and many robed figures began to put on a show and sing (nothing like i was expecting!), shortly after it began i thought to myself, 'if i just sit here and watch i will probably wake up soon', and lo and behold after thinking that i pretty much woke up straight away.

Perhaps just having the thought of waking up made me lose the phase quicker?

Also, i've noticed, if i have an idea of what im going to do in the phase it generally comes with some expectations of what will occur when i try it.  Not on one occasion has it ever met my expectations (not saying it has been better or worse, just completely different to what i would expect).  In the phase i would expect happenings to occur based on expectations, but clearly this isn't quite the case.  What are your guys thoughts?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

An interesting experience. I like the way you tried to deepen by licking CD.

It's a very individual situation with expectations and its coherence with actions in the phase. It's not problem, of course. The problem is when you can't control what you want to control
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Ah man, this was a good one.  Thanks for posting this, made me laugh!  Maybe the fact that the illuminati guys started dancing is a sign that it's all made up?  It's nothing but a good story, for entertainment purposes only?  And thanks for reminding me about yelling out your desires in the dream.  I haven't done that for a while and need to.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

wiii wrote: When I am in the phase and think I have a useful information,i keep reppeting it to remember it better!!
Yes!  I've done this too!  8)

@ breadbassed:

I like the robed figures doing a show for you!  :D

I'll tell you my thoughts on the fact that what you find in the Phase is not always what you expect - especially when you are not specific in the Phase!

The answer may lie in the fact that we have many thoughts that we don't even realise we have.  The subconscious is a massive storehouse and the conscious mind only tends to focus on a very small portion of all the thoughts that it can generate...

Considering that the brain has more synaptic connections than all the stars in the known universe, it is not hard to imagine that it is probably representative of all the constant flow of thoughts that the mind generates.  Within a plethora of thoughts (visual, auditory, tactile, conceptual, ideal, idealistic, memory, false memory, fantasy, desire, escapism, belief-centric ect. ect.), the conscious mind may sift through and capture both what's of interest and sometimes what's random.

This view, of course, is not to be taken as gospel.  It's a theory...but a highly likely one.  This seems to be the case especially when you consider split-brain people and you realise that one side of the mind is not aware of what the other is doing.  Even the non-split-brain people (like me and I'm guessing you) are not always aware of what the other mind is doing. 

Perhaps we become a little more aware of it when we daydream, when we get ideas out of the blue, a little more at night in the hypnagogic state, a lot more in dreams, and, finally...in the Phase state...we get to really slow things down within the great subconscious 'mechanism' and focus mainly on generating/creating constructs or explore constructs that have been created already.

Welcome to the many inner worlds of the Phase.  8)
Last edited by Summerlander on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

The night before last i had another OBE using a technique learnt from Aleister Crowley, i have had success with it once before, what i like about it is when it works it is almost instantaneous.  Basically i awoke during the night and moved as i always do, so i waited a couple of seconds and then started to visualize a mirror image of myself in front of me, shortly after i had the feeling that i was in the phase, so just got up, and it worked.

I found myself in a street, and for deepening i decided to start clapping my hands, then i started to sing some Bob Marley, 'Don't worry, bout a thing....'  As i sang and clapped along to the song the surroundings came extremely real.  I found the singing helped maintain my lucidity also.  I let a few cars drive through me, and stopped a small child to ask him how he was, no response, so i let him on his way.

I decided to call out for an aethyr again.  This time i started floating upwards into the sky (still clapping) and into the clouds, wondering how high i could go.  Then a face appeared in the clouds and started talking to me, he seemed annoyed that i was clapping while he was trying to talk.  I got the idea that he was trying to scare me but as i still had the song in my head i knew it was all good, as it was only a dream.

We materialized next to some lava pit, and a huge banshee like figure screamed in my face, i found it quite impressive.  Then the cloud figure plunged me into the lava pit and i saw for a split second my own body being burnt in the lava as i fell through it and came out somewhere else underneath.  I said thank you and then i awoke.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Maybe we should try to find the best song to maintain the phase)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I like to listen to heavy metal in the phase.  Often I get to listen to my favourite guitar licks and ideal rhythm riffs.  I don't need a stereo in the phase and I don't have to skip any songs.  My mind gets straight to the point.  ;D
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Breadbassed, that was a cool phase!  I especially liked how you were able to enter even after u moved upon awakening!  That's very important.  Beginners need to know that the phase is still possible, and greatly so, even when movement occurs. 
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

After what seemed like quite a dry spell i've had two phase experiences recently.  One of which was last night.  I woke up from a dream (or at least i thought i had) but still had some visual images, although they were very weak, i realized i was in the phase and stood up, i seemed to re-enter the dream i was previously having, i remember being chased by a zombie (i had been watching zombie anime before bed!), i decided to re-locate by diving through the floor.

I had the sense of moving through many 'layers' of blackness, i eventually ended up in a room and looked in the mirror, my image was very realistic and looked just like my physical self, i slapped my self a few times and struggled to remember what i had planned to do.  I eventually decided to work with the aethyr again (although there are many other things i wanted to do this seems to be at the forefront of my expriences recently).

I had to call out several times before anything happened, when it did i saw the image of  what i would describe as a wizard (probably the 'wise old man' archetype of Jung) and a flash of lightning came from his staff.  Next thing i know im flying through outerspace and it seems hyperreal. There were planets and stars flying past me, and some of them moved in front of me to form a puzzle, half of a picture of me and half of the wizard i had just seen, although there were a couple of pieces missing.

Next thing i remember i am in a room trying to solve another puzzle, but having difficulty finishing it, i turn around to see a small girl in the room and ask if she can help me, she finishes the puzzle for me and it appeared as a cartoon cat.  I think i fell back into a normal dream from here as there seemed to be some time between this and my awakening.  I did try to re-enter upon awakening but had no luck.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

All this time you didn't make attempts to get the phase or all your attempts were unsucessfull?
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I had made a few attempts but they were kind of half assed.  A lot of the time i get the phase i just get it by chance, i feel i have had enough experiences to 'know' when i am in the phase without using techniques (i can normally tell upon awakening), but obviously techniques are very useful for entering the phase and i do use them, but i fall back to sleep easily. I still seem to have about 1 a week on average, but obviously i don't put them all up on here unless i feel they are useful to myself or others.

I have also been busy recently organizing all sorts for my travels and spending more time with my girlfriend. I find it easier to have a phase experience if i am sleeping on my own, which i haven't been doing much recently.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

You're on the right way if you can 'feel" the phase. Actually, we need techniques only when we can't feel it
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I do feel like i have made progress in that respect, although i know i sometimes 'miss' the phase, i think if i put more effort into working with techniques and trying not to fall back to sleep too quickly i could probably have phase experiences twice a week (at least) rather than once
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Last night i had what seemed like a very long phase experience.  I went to bed at 1.00 a.m. and as i was falling asleep i started to notice some visuals, and eventually found myself in a room that was dark and dull, it seems my experiences from falling straight to sleep always seem to be this way.  As well as this it felt very unstable and i felt some invisible force pulling me around like it was trying to get hold of me.

Since i haven't had luck using sensory amplification to enhance my visuals in previous direct experiences i decided to try something slightly different.  I sat in my normal meditation position and took some deep breaths, when i first sat the 'force' was strong and i kept moving around, like on a ship in a storm, but after a few deep breaths the force weakened and my visuals enhanced.  I flew out the window and shortly after awoke again in darkness.

I realized it was a false awakening, and remember feeling uncomfortable again so started to sing my Bob Marley song again.  I remember a man in a suit who was 'coming after me' as if i didn't belong there and was trying to take me away.  I tried to make him disappear but it didn't work, so i went for him, he then deflated like a balloon and fell to the floor.

I was in what seemed like a club, and i asked one woman 'what is the truth about this reality?', she replied 'It's all statistics', i found this confusing so walked around a little trying to decide what to do.  I remembered a site someone posted on a while ago with some 'tests', one of which was to draw the infinity sign on a door then walk through it.  I found a door and scratched the 'omega' sign on it and walked through.  It was just another room in the club, with a bar, and two men.  One of which seemed very busy (i assumed the manager) and the other was sitting and drinking.  The manager walked past me and i asked him to tell me something wise, he said 'bad socks'!  ???

I spoke to the other man briefly but can't really remember the conversation.  I went out of the room and sat with some people, i picked up a tissue and transformed it into a cheesecake, it tasted so delicious, so good in fact in made me want to have sex, so jumped on a nearby lady, as we began we started to fly through the air, i remember flying through trees and could feel the leaves caressing my skin as we flew.  At the point of climax i awoke again, in darkness.

I was still in the phase, this time in some sort of factory, with a huge green machine, im not sure what its purpose was.  The dream characters told me that it required a special cog to work, i think they called it a trigadore cog?  After this i remember a friend of mine coming into the room upset and i gave him some advise, i told him that sometimes you have to forgive yourself and not be too hard on yourself. This seemed to cheer him up.

Again i was shifted into darkness, almost hoping i was awake this time, but no, still in the phase.  I decided to attempt to wake myself up (i thought it might not work but tried anyway), and just ended up feeling a sensation of movement and re-appearing in darkness.  I found my self back in the club where i was previously, at this point i was starting to get concerned as it had felt like i had been in the phase for too long,  i walked around the bar and asked a woman 'if i was lucid for the whole night, how long would it feel like?'  I realized then it was a foolish question as time in the phase cannot really be established.  I re-phrased the question, asking when i might wake up, she said 'some time today'.  Shortly after this i awoke for real.

This phase felt like it went on for ages, and more happened that i haven't written here or have forgotten.  When i eventually woke for real i looked at the time 1.43 a.m.  I had only slept for about 40 minutes but it felt like much longer.  I tried my hardest to remember as much as i could, i wanted to write it down then but didn't want to wake my girlfriend so decided against it.

I wonder how long i was actually in the phase for?  I suppose you could say it was about 4 or 5 separate experiences due to all the false awakenings.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

yeah that would have felt like forever!!!
You have wicked phases!
i asked him to tell me something wise, he said 'bad socks'!
sooo funny!!
i picked up a tissue and transformed it into a cheesecake,
OMG!!! I'M DOING THAT IN MY NEXT PHASE!!! Yummy yummy yummy!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein