SHARE your methods for OBE and lucid dreaming

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods

Type of Technique

Indirect(right after awakening)
68%
Direct(without sleep)
9%
Dream consciousness
18%
Non-autonomous means and tools
6%

Total votes: 34
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

SHARE your methods for OBE and lucid dreaming

Post by Michael Raduga »

Describe your method here
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oblivion
PHASER
PHASER

Re: The way that you used to go to the Phase

Post by Oblivion »

As for me I prefer Observing Images. The simplest way for me to have an OBE. The images appear nearly each morning and you should only have desire to enter the phase, just watch them that’s all. Your intuition will prompt you when it’s high time  to leave you body. Sometimes I have a feeling that I am in a picture gallery, some images are so bright and realistic (some of them are even framed), that I prefer to watch them rather than leave my body. If I watch them for a long time I can find myself standing near the picture (or  becoming a part of the surroundings). I like such outcomes most because they help to avoid vibrations that I cannot stand. 
I use different techniques, but this one is the easiest.
Anton
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Anton »

-listening to phantom (hypnopompic) sounds (60%)
-observing of hypnopompic images (30%)
-other technics (10%)
akusoy
PHASER
PHASER

Post by akusoy »

1. Morning waking up- Standing and force pulling my self out but when i tried that the harder i tried the harder it became. I felt like i was held by some thin wires to my physical body. So i just stopped forcing it, then i didnt feel "wired to my body" any more and was in my room.
2.Waking up - when not moving i rotate my body and in a moment im out, i imagine that im in some location do my best to visualize it. (1 time experience)

I have never been able to do anything SUPERNATURAL while in the phase state. Every time i was out it felt like i was there in real life (but different). Was so disapointed that i couldnt fly, move objects, etc. Like in a lot of books that i have read.
One time my brother was using the computer and i entered phase and moved the mouse, but nothing really happened.

NB! Everyone who wants to experience this has to have a DEFINATE GOAL.
Actually one time i entered the phase state and thought why i even did this.

SO DISAPPOINTING

Total <20 experiences since June 2010 after watching 3 day video seminar day1 part1.
whiterain

Re: SHARE your methods for OBE

Post by whiterain »

i think for beginners there can be no better technique than to practice foccussed awareness/dream yoga in order to realise whenever you are dreaming. however once you get used to the sensations and have enough energy, then the direct technique that you outline involving simply falling asleep in an uncomfortable position is surely the best.

i would recommend firstly to learn to become aware in dreams.

then to use indirect techniques while staying still upon awakening.

then learn direct techniques after sleep, firstly without moving, then after moving.

then eventually you will be able to use direct techniques without before sleep.

i am nearly at the last step, which i thought would take me alot longer than it has. do not make the mistakes i made of trying to run before you can crawl  ;) i get to the stage where i open my dream vision, but havent tried to get further until i feel ready and have mastered the direct morning techs
Jay Jonathan
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jay Jonathan »

I'm a novice. I find that I'm able to enter phase easily after waking from a dream. Upon waking I immediately recall the dream, the atmosphere, shapes, colors, behaviors of characters in the dream, and immediately vibrations will occur, allowing separation. This is how I got my first phase.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I've used all of them.  I've entered the Phase directly a couple of times but found this way difficult.  Most of my attempts using this method led to a numbness of the body, hypnic jerks, falling asleep, or giving up after being bored. 

Then there is dream consciousness which occurs often as I'm a dream detective.  ;D  Actually, the night before my wedding day (2nd August), I entered the Phase via dream consciousness because I recognised a pattern in the dream-world and also the fact that I was gliding instead of running.  I'm yet to post this experience in my blog.  It was a great one because it seemed to last a long time in the Phase!! - Oddly enough, when I woke up and put things into perspective, I estimated the time length of my experience to be just 1 and a half minutes long!  Imagine what you can do in 10 minutes!  Time felt different there.

Then there is indirectly.  This to me is the easiest way.  Several times I've woken up in the morning, didn't move and, once in the right state, separated from the body.  This is great!  I can encounter a replica of my bedroom, or, sometimes, I enter other strange places like plunging from the body into a slide image that becomes 3D.

Other times I use the deferred method.  Is this indirect or direct?  This is also compatible with me.  I can wake up around 4 am, use the toilet, and after 15 minutes I go back to bed and enter the Phase - often not experiencing any lapses in consciousness and vibrations tend to be violent but not always.  This is compatible with me too.  I love entering the Phase this way.  Lovely!

I picked the indirect for this poll but I use the deferred method a lot.  Sometimes it feels like the deferred method is entering the Phase directly post a sleep or nap.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
DreamMaster
PHASER
PHASER

Post by DreamMaster »

My favorite methode of astral projection/oobe is to do a hard days work, lay down on my couch when I get home with the intention of projection, and just realx. After a short while I'll "slip out of my body" through my feet (It's the same feeling as slipping on ice).

The only problem I occasionaly encounter is the "shock" I feel when I "slip out"... Sometimes it happens so fast that I slip right "back in"  :-\

I probably should mention that I had my first oobe when I was 13 and has studied and practised ever since (I am now 37).

My favorite methode as a newbie was "listening to the heart".
The first few time this happened I didn't understand anything and got really scared. Here's why:

I was 17 years old and had been looking for a great methode to do oobe for 4 years without any luck. (This was long before the internet)
One night I asked my higher self to show me a way out, then thought nothing more about it. As I laied in bed I suddenly started to hear my heart pumping. I was on my left side so I rolled over to my back to get rid of the pumping sound.

This worked for 2-3 minutes, then I could hear my heartbeats again. The sound got louder and louder, and then my hole body started "beating". I got really scared and thought I was going to die. I saw ugly faces and heard scary and loud sounds and a big BANG!

Suddenly I was not in my bed or in my bedroom, I was somewhere very dark and scary so I did everything in my power to "get back to life". I successfully got back to my body, but I didn't dare to sleep more that night...

This continued to happen many nights the following months, until I read a book explaining exit sounds/visions... I then realized that my Higher Self had given me the reply I wanted; I just didn't get it at the time.

After this realization I continued with the heart focus and calmed myself when the exit sounds came, and successfully projected "out of my body". After 3 or 4 conscious projections the exitsounds dissappeard.

After some years with this way of "getting out" I found that I just have to state an intention to go astral and the process takes care of itself. All I have to do is relax and stay calm - that's it  8)
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Well thank you for that Dreamaster.

My first experience I slipped out of my feet too.
So unexpected.  That was the only time I have experienced SP consciously.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Ssergiu »

Definitely indirect techniques and dream consciousness are the best. If you have a monk life, you can try the direct ones.

Here's how I do it:
Sleep for 5-6 hours. Stay up 30-60 minutes and go back to bed without doing anything. Just staying there and it happens.  The rules for this is to go to bed when you are sleepy, not because it's late as I have been doing lately. ;D
Bo
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Bo »

A year ago after seeing ‘inception’ I became again interested in lucid dreaming.
10 years ago I already tried it when I was reading in a magazine articles of Stephen Laberge.

I tried the ‘reality checks’ in the daytime and after a few weeks I became conscious in a dream. I woke up immediately but from then on I was convinced that it could be done.
I believed in it.

My life became busier and the reality check thing became harder to do and and finally -because of no success-  I quit.

So almost year ago I started again with reality checks and did WBTB (wake back to bed).
It’s  not that there were no results but they were few and difficult to control.
Once I succeeded in a direct technique without knowing and it was a terrifying experience but because of this I became strongly motivated.
Afterwards I floated several times out of my body but the experience always stopped because I didn’t know what to do. I just let it happen hoping that I would end up in a full-fledged dream.

Then I discovered the Sobt books of Michael and read them.
After a few days while doing listening in after I woke up I heard a noise becoming very strong and I was so surprised by it I woke up.

Awakening without moving is no problem for me and after a while I had my first OBE.
At that time I still did the cycle of indirect techniques. Often I could move my legs, heard noises and felt vibrations  and I could separate.
I nearly never see images.
I focus on the body.

Although  I had no problems with waking up without moving, doing cycles of indirect techniques was not so easy for me. It takes discipline and often I was very sleepy and lazy and did them insufficient (Michael's annoyance)
I also had a tendency to become nervous while doing the indirect techniques which made me become to awake to separate (that was how it felt)
I think this nervousness comes from the first threatening experience  (swallow reflex)

Once a woke up and felt vibrations immediately and without doing anything I tried to roll out of the bed. I felt sleep paralysis and struggled to get out which after a few seconds worked.
I was  astonished  it could be so easy!

After that I always induce vibrations just by little things which are less disciplined
I often remember a dream and think of it while doing forced falling asleep and the vibrations kick in.
Phantom wiggling is good and works often.
What really works good for me is concentrating on my back and creating a feeling like I’m sinking and simultaneously look into the darkness of my closed eyelids and  I create a sense of movement, like I move through the darkness. This gives me often vibrations.
Vibrations = sleep paralysis = OBE

I want to thank Michael for his book
The internet is a great tool.
I'll buy the new book
Tony

Re: SHARE your methods for OBE- BINAURAL BEATS

Post by Tony »

non-autonomous methods for the phase- i have been entering the phase listening to  binaural beats. Just before lunch today i must have slept for 30min and i made use of binaural beats- 4hz. delta brainwaves-and it is not the first time that i easily enter the phase through this technique. It releases me from the awful sensation the sleep paralysis often produces and i feel the baloonment sensation, the floating sensation that is awesome, extremely pleasing and energy releasing.   
Last edited by Tony on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Th3TruthizInThere »

I'm interested in putting this to use Tony. I have the "Binality" and "Binaural Beats Therapy" apps for my Android- are you familiar with these?

What process do you recommend for having success using binaural beats to enter the phase?
Harmless as Doves... Wise as Serpents!
Tony

Post by Tony »

i have been unconsciously stepping back from direct techniques mainly and from indirect techniques, secondly because of the embarrassing sleep paralysis. My focus has been getting the phase from a lucid dream. Now i have accomplished the phase on 'the supposed locale 1 by Monroe'-through binaural beats in a half-indirect way. I cannot still state anything concerning the hemy-sync or binaural beats. Well, the first time i did the phase through binaural beats i was using 369hz. Now i had success using 4hz. i will be going on if there be any interest in the subject i can post more on that here on.
Tony

Post by Tony »

non-autonomous means inducing the phase experience= a lot of obes, or supposed obes or phases, astral travels, or whatever-anything at all induced by binaural beats, frequency 4hz, listening to binaural beats having plugs introduced into the ears= me accomplished 5 periods of successful attempts upon waking moments. In other words =my whole night were spent on the phase using the site terminology. One more detail=i tried another position in bed, not so comfortable=i often lay on my left side and hardly ever lay backlong, but i have hardly ever or never lied on the right side of the body. So, i did. This ignited my first experience-the little headphones plugged inside each ear. Mind what one can do in the name of science. Once again that was a tremendous success and what it is very relevant-apparently i was supposed to get up extremely tired or even exhausted in the morning. No!!! There's something in the phase that triggers the secretion of hormones. It has proven to be healthy for the brain.   
Last edited by Tony on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

Phase entrance methods from OBE mailing list

http://www.psywww.com/asc/obe/faq/obe14.html
dr.Katz
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dr.Katz »

For me, the best technique for inducing LD/OBE is to wake up in the middle of the night, be aware for a half of an hour and then go back to bed. And then, while trying to fall asleep on my back, I imagine my hands in front of me as much as possible. I imagine my open palm and closed fist again and again and then, if i am lucky, suddenly I appear in the middle of the dream, looking on my dream hands. 8)
FlorencioHicks

Post by FlorencioHicks »

I'm a novice. I find that I'm able to enter phase easily after waking from a dream.
The main story in Homeland Season 2 DVD concerns a gang of criminals on a deadly armored car robbery spree!
9DVD6HD8

Re: Re: SHARE your methods for OBE- BINAURAL BEATS

Post by 9DVD6HD8 »

I would recommend firstly to learn to become aware in dreams!

Breaking Bad 5
Each man is the architect of his own fate.dvd stores australia
digitalvygr

Re: Re: SHARE your methods for OBE- BINAURAL BEATS

Post by digitalvygr »

I am a newbie so thus far trying to stick with indirect techniques after awakening. However, as I have posted elsewhere, while trying to experiment with sleep paralysis induction I managed to go directly from laying down at night for sleep into the phase.

I did try once to listen to 4Hz binaural beats, and it did seem to start having an effect after about 30 minutes. I think I will experiment with that here and there, but for now I am trying to follow the advice in the book and concentrate most of my methods on indirect so that I can build up some experience.

Longer term though, I really want to be able to do direct techniques during the day or at any time I want, it seems much more powerful and useful to be able to do that.
reincarnate

Re: SHARE your methods for OBE and lucid dreaming

Post by reincarnate »

sorry for my english :D

I use technique Simulation of sleep, it's easiest after 5-6 hr. of sleep (for novice) , but I use it before sleep. Approximate time of technique duration is 6-20 min before sleep, after 5-6hr of sleep is duration 2-7 min.
1. find comfortable position for sleep

2. keep still your body in same position, don't perform any motion (don't forget on eyes micro-motions), only one motion is allowed = your breathing into belly.

3. After few minutes, without whatever motions, your brain will start test your consciousness, whether fell to sleep, in this test you can feel tickling, scratching, touching, feeling discomfort , you can hearing sound or you can see images, etc. You must get over this testing without motions.

4. After sucessfully testing without motions, your brain disconnect senses from your physical body to brain , you are fell into lucid sleep paralysis or trance state , right now.

5. Now you can do your favourite primary or secondary technique from Michael's book. Sometimes you can fall into vibration state or phase state withou any techniques.