The Best Direct Technique for OBE/LD

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

The Best Direct Technique for OBE/LD

Post by Michael Raduga »

The Best Direct Technique for OBE

If I want to get an out-of-body experience before a night sleep, I go
to bed, take an UNcomfortable position and try to fall asleep...

NOTHING ELSE. Usually I will not be falling asleep but will get a
very deep free-floating state of mind. After 1-3 lapses in
consciousness I can easily get a phase. Not right... The phase comes to
me by itself.
  • I use some other techniques only in 15-20% of cases (to calm my mind if it is too awake, or to make it more alert if it is too sleepy).
  • You should only have a slight desire to get into the phase. Strong desire ruins everything. I almost do not think about the phase when using this method.
  • If there is no result in 15 minutes, change position to comfortable and then try to really fall asleep.
It works almost every time, in most cases. Very easy.

So falling asleep in uncomfortable position is the easiest and most
effective method ever!!!

This method appeared from analysis of my own practice and those
practitioners who are very experienced in the direct technique
(entering the out-of-body state without previous sleep). It tested by
6 months of practice.

IF YOU ARE NOVICE, THIS ARTICLE ISN'T FOR YOUR. You should start your out-of-body practice by indirect techniques upon awakenings.
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Re: The Best Direct Technique for OBE

Post by wiii »

I was a truck driver for about a year,and i see now the connections that you say Mr Raduga!
When i was tired and my mate was driving,as i fell asleep on the chair...it was very uncomfortable,but i slept so deep,that i would not realize is uncomfortable only after i woke up,and the dreams were so vivid and the perceptions were so real!
I remember one time something hapened to me and i was amazed!As i sat on the chair of my truck sleeping,my cousin woke me up but just to ask me something,and then as i closed my eyes,i could feel how i'm falling into sleep,opened my eyes again,falling again and so on,and i could not believe that  am witnessing me falling aslepp,i never could tell when i fall asleep,but then i knew..it was a little strange,but as i begi to explore and learn,now i make the connections!
I must say that what you said about this technique you are perfectly right!
And i guess if one's tired enough,and has the intention to enter the phase would be preety easy,if is in an uncomfortable position!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

It is not about being tired. It works even in normal state in the evening. Last a few days I never failed it + a lot of sucessfull indirect attempts upon awakenings
john_in_houston

Post by john_in_houston »

Mike,

When you feel the free floating state of consciousness, do you try to stand up right away? And that works?

John
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

When a laps in consciousness is deep enough, the phase is obvious. So I never TRY to separate from the body. I DO it
john_in_houston

Post by john_in_houston »

:)
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Hello Mr. Raduga,i have a question for an entering technique!
I have red somewhere that a technique to enter is so called the ''noticing'' technique!
Now this requires that one should take a relaxed position an as one closes his eyes to observe the blackness in there!It says that a shift must be done,by focusing one's attention on the non physical and somehow let the physical body relax and enter in auto-pilot mode,as one should percieve the blacness their reality at that moment!
It's kind of mind awake/body asleep!But as i tried it ssemed not to work because i saw light in front of my eyes,whilst they were closed,ad i agressivly looked into them!
Now interesting fact is,as i found another subject on this technique,it recomends that whilst observing the dark before one's closed eyes,the eyeballs should not be moving,so that he can percieve 3d blackness  with nonphisyscal eyes!So as i tried last night,i observed something very interesting!After observing a while i had been almost fall into sleep,but somehow i foud a litle ballance between sleep and awareness,my non-phisycal hands start twiching,they were phantom wiggling by themselves but very fast!At that moment i tried to separate but nothing happened!
It seems to me like a direct technique,and i know it is not recomended for a begginer like me! But when i felt that phantom wiggling i did not loose my calm or something,i was just trying to keep my non-physical out !Anywais i somehow ''blackout'' into  slepp,but i remembered when i woke up that like i was doing the same thing during all night!I rested ok whilst my sleep,but i think i practiced that a couple of hours even though i lost awareness along the way!
Could you tell me if this works for you?
And i know i should not be practicing direct techniques but i am a curious person!
I say to myself that even if i risk some blockages i will still have enough time for all,cause i am not giving up to this!
And as i observe this is something that is giving me results,or almost some results,cause if i try this twice per day ,at a moment i get those same feelings!So if i am close to something i just need practice!
Last edited by wiii on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

All I see is that you completely cannot understand the principles of direct techniques. Techniques means nothing in this case. I've said it many times befor in my books and in the post, but you still search for techniques... Ok, keep doing it, but do not think that you are the first in this senseless searching...

You usually say "I know that I should not do it, but...". I can guarantee that you have already lost not less than 50% of phase experinces that you could achieve. You lose your intention by direct techniques and shallow meditations (however the phase is the deepest one) and so on. Ok, keep doing it, but if you think that I have imagined these rules, do not ask me for help. I teach people in real life and I have great opportunity to see what realy works.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I don't think you imagined these rules, and as i saw  after reading your book i got the best results!
You are right i should not be distracted from what i started practicing regarding your book,yeah i lost some of the phase experiences but before i tried what i posted on the previous topic!I understand that i could loose more experiences after i tried that!
I guess i am so into it,and i keep reading all this kind of stuffs,but tonight i will continue what i started practicing,and hope to come only with good news!I realize as you said it's no need to search for all kind of stuffs about this,as your book contains enough!I should read the book one more time,and i will do it!

wiii
vincvega

Post by vincvega »

Thanks for sharing this, always thought phase entrance is almost impossible this way, because of low rem-sleep and the not optimal hormonal state.
Can you say something about the quality and leght of these sessions and how they compare to ordinary morning phase enterd via indirect techniques?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

- duration of an attempt  - 10-15 min

Maybe, the lapses in consciousness are some kind of mikro sleep. So there may be a good REM sleep phase.

In actions there is nothing similar with indirect techniques
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Hi Mr. Raduga.

Which unconfortable position do you use? probably it sounds like a stupid question but I have tried a couple of times and I don't know if I should do something like put my hand under my back or sleep in a weird position.

I just wan't to know what works for you so I can develop something that works for me.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

For me it is position on the back, but for 50% of people it is the most comfortable position... You should find the position by yourself, because everybody has different predisposition
stevetrindall

Post by stevetrindall »

Hi, I have tried this technique and about 5 to 10 minutes into it i do start to feel like a floating sensation for a few seconds but i can't seem to separate from my body. Have you any advice that might help. Thanks Steve
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

If you cannot separate from the body, it means you need much more deep lapses in consciousness
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

Somehow, I've missed this thread and tried direct techniques using phantom wiggling and kinda failed. Just updated my blog.

Question: Why does uncomfortable position has such an effect? I've slept in an uncomfortable one many times, but never had Phase, when doing it. Could it be, because I didn't have an intention to actually enter the Phase?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Perhaps you need to work on your intention.  But then again, you may also need to master the indirect method first before even venturing into the deferred direct way.  Excessive desire is also a problem as it often leads to a lack of lapses in consciousness.  You need to relax.  You need the free-floating state of mind here, you see...

In answer to your question, as you fall asleep, the uncomfortable position will nag at you and promote consciousness.  You need to create the right balance between fatigue, consciousness-activating body position and intention with a relaxed approach.

I'd still recommend that you start indirectly or focus on one thing at a time like mastering dream consciousness as you have become more involved with that method recently.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
orlin1

Post by orlin1 »

I try describe my point of view about this

Uncomfortable position
The goal of this find balance between wakefulness and relaxation.Result depend of day time , tierdnes..
For my is optimal position laynig of left side of back , if i laying in back progres is slower but i have more wakefulness.

This technique have also variation using sleap signals when you laying in fsome slightly uncomfortable position after a while you feel signal to move to more comfortable position it can be aspo signal like WC so slight pain , muscle twitching etc. .Body use this test signal to control if somone watching if not it start rapid relaxation to sleeap.If you move to more comfotable position its also speed up relaxation.
Its posible do this on tages 1.on back hands behaind head ,2.on back ,3.on side In each stage is a option resist to signal or move to new position.Very importatnt is not mov eyes.

I have same option is not best optin for beginers , for my is goal understant how phase work have same value like achieving full phase state.

free floating state of consciousness is not ensurance you go to full phase is higly depend how senses from body are active and how much to capere to nonpyhisical senses.
The wakufullnes is other factor there are many option how to use it you can increase it above normal or go other way to almoust lost it obout option have some pros and cons .

Focus to behaindtheeylid blacknes is not good idea its increase of preception pyhsical vision and increase change to eye movemts but in other hand may lead to incerased relaxation of body.
Second option not move eyes is right way to go.The change from 2D to 3D blackens is porobaly momnet when physical vison finaly turn off but may by also acoplained by dismising other senses.
Actualy you dount need nonphysical eyes to see.
Moving phantom must by strong enought and is best use special techniqes to avolid incerase of tension in physical hand ,timing is other key .Also pend on hhow is body realed it may be localized only to hand in witch case is hart to leave the body.

Searching depend of goal you have .
Definitly is not senseless but is very time unefficient to achive full phase.

REM actualy phase inducted by this techiqe is in moust cases in NREM2 or SOREM (sleeap onset rem )
Hormonal state is not best in this state mainly by low cholinergic modulation and high serotonin.

" If you cannot separate from the body, it means you need much more deep lapses in consciousness"
There are also other wayes. IN thios way ita high risk of losing consciousness.But have eadventages od lower preception of body and aoutomatic generation of nonphysical data.Other way is increace consciousness
after tahat you have much more control but also much more work to do.
reincarnate

Re: The Best Direct Technique for OBE/LD

Post by reincarnate »

I'm started with indirect techniques two years ago,, everytime when i slept on back
I had lucid dream or OOBE with indirect tech., but now i can't to reach lucid dream or OOBE on back, because my unconscious is accustomed for this position. Now i can't sleep when i'm no on back :D
I need new uncomfortable position for me , but last night i have 3x lucid dreams, when I woke up my hands was folded over my head in untypical position,for example my girl friend had OOBe everytime when she sleep on the front side of body.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Anyone have had any success with trying to fall asleep in uncomfortable posture and for the phase to come by itself?

I can't even fall asleep for naps even when tired in comfortable posture, so I don't think this will work for people like me
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Dear Michael,

I usually fail to detect the cycles and either am too awake or all into unconcious dream rightaway.
I tried a technique a few years ago to learn how to recognize the wakeness bountary.
You raise your hand from the bed (with elbow touching the bed) and keep it up when trying to sleep.
When you are almost asleep your hand falls down and wakes you up but at that moment you realize how deep your sleep is and what was going on when your hand fell.
So doing this over and over again you learn to seperate the right moment you reach the sleep bountary and go one step deeper.

Although this did help, I still am unable to keep focused until my body sleeps and get carried away in dreams, not realizing I am dreaming until morning comes...
Sleep cycles with a small but clea rintension of getting up, focused at the moment of sleep gets you to the phase.
If a plot arrives you get dragged in a story and loose awareness.

Any tips on that?

Regards,
Lazarus