Dodd's latest experience

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Dodd's latest experience

Post by dreamsrock »

The "phantom child" ruined my chance of goin oob this morning, ughhh!! I was using the "rope" technique and it was working good. I felt my body get really light and floaty, then my arms started to float up so I concentrated harder and knew I was almost out. But then I heard my bedroom door open and one of my kids hopped up on the bed and started crawling towards me. This caused me to hurry and try to exit before they woke me up. I failed to exit and woke up....then realizing there was no kid in my bed, just my wife and she was out cold. So tricky those astral beings can be sometimes!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

It's because you didn't take him into the phase last time)

Sorry for this joke, but it's common situation for those who have children and pets.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

This has happened to me too before. I have three kids. Once, as I was getting ready to enter the Phase, I heard my youngest enter the bedroom, and felt him get on top of me and crawl up as he said "dad" "dad".

At first I thought it was really him but then I realised how unusual it was. He'd never do that. Even if he decided to do that for the first time, he would have been clumsier. Not as agile as what it felt. It wasn't him. I have the experience written somewhere. I can't remember if I did manage to enter the Phase or if I shook the hallucination off on that occasion.

I guess we better start taking our kids into the Phase, Michael! ;D

Btw, my oldest is 7 and he loves to dream. He says he likes to see hurricanes in dreams and he beats bad guys up with his powers. Sometimes I wonder if he's an avid lucid dreamer! He may even be more adroit at Phase entry than his daddy. :D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

When I was young I had very vivid dreams almost every night.  None of them were lucid, but I can still remember them just like they were memories.  I can even remember the exact imagery 20+ years later which is very strange.

Mine were frequently about tornadoes and bad guys.  I guess that's the difference growing up in Iowa.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Michael Raduga wrote: It's because you didn't take him into the phase last time
HaHaHa, I think you're right.  He's getting me back for not taking him  :D
Btw, my oldest is 7 and he loves to dream. He says he likes to see hurricanes in dreams and he beats bad guys up with his powers. Sometimes I wonder if he's an avid lucid dreamer!
That's cool Summerlander!  With your encouragement, I'm sure he will be very skilled at obe's someday.  I'm always asking my kids about their dreams.  I hope that if I show interest in their dreams, they will too.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

I'm always asking my kids about their dreams.  I hope that if I show interest in their dreams, they will too.
It helps a lot when they know you value the dream experience.

I used to do a short meditation with my son and then we would record our experience in our journals afterward. He would color with crayons in his journal and I would write with my pen.

In college I asked him about how often he went OBE and he said, "I dont". That was a little confusing to me because of some things he had said so I asked, "well, then how often do you have lucid dreams?" and he nodded, "Oh!, that... usually more toward morning" (in other words basically every night).

:D
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Perfect!  That's proof that it does work.  What a great tool you have given your son by starting him out early in life.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Yesterday I set my alarm for 5 1/2 hrs of sleep, got up and messed around on the computer for 30 min and went back to bed.  I woke up shortly after, moved a little and said "dangit", then back to sleep.  Woke up again, rolled on to my side, said "dangit" again, but decided to do techniques anyways.

I started to do my usual sinking down into the bed. Very quickly I felt funny and knew it was working.  I then decided to open my mouth (this is some weird technique that I've read about so I decided to try it).  I then heard a real high-pitched ringing and felt like my eyes were open, staring at the wall.  I didn’t close them because I figured it was a sign I was phasing.  The yawning must be a type of straining the brain technique because I usually get ringing when I strain.  I did phantom wiggling and got my right arm out and was able to raise it really high.  I tried to separate but felt stuck, so I decided to just roll over the side of the bed, since this has worked for me in the past.

I hit the ground and opened my eyes but I immediately felt like I started to lose the phase.  I remembered Michael said not to open eyes while obe, that you could get sight in other ways.  So I closed my eyes and started rubbing hands together.  This worked and I was now able to see.  I calmed down and tried not to think about losing phase.  I went on to have a pretty decent experience, which included making out with my sister-in-law! :o
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

If you have already opened the eyes and still in the phase, there's nothing dangerous for the phase lenght.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Oh good, thanks! 
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

FFA worked GREAT last night!!!  I was up for 36 hrs because of work.  When I finally went to sleep, I woke after 8hrs, got up for 1 hr and went back to bed with intention to hit the phase! 

I woke from a dream, did forced falling asleep, got really light and floaty feeling, so I decided to rock left to right.  This was working good so I went for separation and blew it =( .  I tend to mess up the separation a lot.  It seems I always have to have a limb out before I can do it successfully?? So I laid my head back down on my pillow and did FFA again.  I immediately got the vibrations and ringing back.  I started to climb the rope and felt my astral arms out and really doing it.  So I flung my arms to my side and rolled out, really slow.

I had a pretty good phase, a little longer than usual, maybe 2 min or so.  When I fouled, I went for separation right away and felt like I was not in the phase. I did the nose plug reality check and realized I couldn't breathe and must be in real life.  I later figured out that I was indeed in the phase.  I learned a good lesson....DO MORE THAN 1 REALITY CHECK!!
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I got fouled once with the same nose reality check,but i had a intuitive power from somewhere and i continued the phase:D
I don't know why but i just got t up after the nose reality check,and punched the wall..and i saw my hand entering thru the wall,so in the same time i did deepening and reality check:D

wiii
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

In most cases, if you want to make a reality check, you're already in the phase. As we discussed lately, pinched nose method isn't the best
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Michael Raduga wrote: In most cases, if you want to make a reality check, you're already in the phase. As we discussed lately, pinched nose method isn't the best
Yeah,it makes sense,why would you want to do a reality check unless you are not sure that is the real reality..
So when one is doubting reality,could be used 90% as reality check(The doubt about reality)?
I think punching the walls is a great reality check,and works as deepening too,i pass thru walls or windows almost all the time when in the phase!
And i am guessing,that once one reaches an advanced level,and know the sensations in the phase,rarely needs to use reality checks!

wiii
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

wiii wrote: And i am guessing,that once one reaches an advanced level,and know the sensations in the phase,rarely needs to use reality checks!
65-70% of fouls of experienced practitioners are fake awakenings. It's proved by LaBerge and I'm totally agree with it, but using obligatory re-entering the phase and obligatory reality checking help to reduce this up to 10-25%.

Guys, I strongly suggest you to do these things after each phase experience.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

I got fouled once with the same nose reality check
It's never failed me before.  I'll try the wall punch rc, sounds good.  I think I'll punch soft, just in case! ;D  I used to push my fingers thru walls until that failed me too many times, so i switched to the nose plug test.  I also want to try the other one that Michael recommends....where u stare at something and wait for it to change.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Yeah,but isn't staring at something risky to lose the phase if you are in it?since you do nothing just stare..?Or it works also as deepening by peering?

wiii
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

I think punching the walls is a great reality check
I did this last time, and made a small hole in the wall, and then I though "if this is not a dream then I am screwed!" and started to think what it will take to fix this next day  :D. Then I did some minor flying in the room which convinced me. Defying gravity is always the best reality check.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

jarekf wrote: Defying gravity is always the best reality check.
Yeah,but still....flying could be more difficult at some point..punching,passing thru walls or as dreamsrock says pushing the fingers thru walls..is the easyest,and preety effective!

wiii
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

It may depend on a person. I was able to justify many weird behaviors in a dream, but never flying (something simple, like hovering over the floor). For example I walked through a door, and then explained to myself they may have opened etc. The dream consciousnesses is really different.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Yeah,but isn't staring at something risky to lose the phase if you are in it?
Good point.  After thinking about it, I definitely agree....staring would cause me to foul.  I'd better stick to the nose plug/push thru walls combo. I also agree that flying is difficult some times, but as I remember, I am always able to float for a few seconds.  I will also add this to my routine Thanks jarekf.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

As i notced for some bloggers here,is more difficult to fly after few experiences,and i feel that too,in my last experience when i wanted to fly i just had no energy to go a little faster than just slowly gliding!
And if i tried to go faster,I almost lost the phase!!
Hovering is preety  simple,it is more like the sensation of levitation,that was for me when i randomly dream,theportal to lucidity!When i felt that sensation i tottaly knew i was dreaming,and from there i was taking control!!That is why my first experiences were mostly thru LD!!
So for me if i have a false awakening,or a random dream,i just try to levitate,just few inches ,and when it works i am 100% it is the phase!!Anyway  it has became a habbit for me to pass thru walls and gliding,jump thru close windows,cause at the same time I am having fun and i do deepening!!Sadly in the last 2 months almost,i had no experience at all!!
But i feel i need to take more rest,to sleep more,in order to get the phase,i feel like i am too tired all day long!!

When the phase comes again..i am preety sure i''ll take the most advantag from it:D

wiii
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

To do more than one reality check is already a very good idea no matter how good they are.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

But i feel i need to take more rest,to sleep more,in order to get the phase,i feel like i am too tired all day long!!
Same Here!!  I wake up to dang early for work, which makes me tired all week.  Most of my attempts occur on weekends!  But every now and then I sneak a mid-week attempt in there.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

I blew 2 opportunities this morning  :'( !!!! 

Set alarm for 6 hrs.  Woke for 5 min, got a bite to eat and back to bed.  I then woke up to moderate vibrations.  I started a cycle of techniques but the vibrations faded and I lost it.

Fell back asleep and again woke up to moderate vibrations.  This time I strained the brain and it made them stronger.  I then tried to get an arm out because for some reason, I cannot separate unless I get at least one arm out???  Once I do this, separation is easy because I use my phase arm to roll over and out.  I wasn't able to get an arm out so I used a lot of intention and imagined myself separating.  This also did not work and never has for me....maybe because it's not how it's done??  I lost the vibrations and that was it.

So I've got some issues with separating.  I've read the section in the book several times.  Anyone have any pointers??
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Did you ever try to alternate separation techniques? It's very often when you cannot roll out, but are able to levitate and so on. If you feel a close phase, try all separation techniques you know. Or you may pretend to be separated and perform deepening techniques (sensory-motor visualisation). Or you can use a translocation technique as separation.

Anyway, you really were in the phase and you screwed it up.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I once separated by sticking an arm out and grabbing a nearby object that felt like a wine glass.  I gave it a squeeze and felt how solid it was.  At one point I thought it would break under my grip as I was using it to pull myself out.  Using a wine glass to pull myself out!!  LOL!  Imagine that!  :D

Anyway, I continued to aggressively pull myself out and once out, I stood up, blind, and holding the glass.  I felt the object inside out and vision came instantly.  It was clear too and prompted me to further explore the Phase.

Anyway, check out the deepening and maintaining techniques, dreamsrock, and you will soon become a foul-avoider!  ;)

Michael, thank you for the translocation advice!  I've been revising the videos and most of what's been written in this site.  It is the best and very effective.

I also came across "working in pairs" in SOBT.  I'm on page 85.  I'm thinking about using that to help my partner achieve dream consciousness.  I think it is a brilliant idea for couples to help each other to enter the Phase that way.  One should also continue to employ and practice indirect techniques in case they wish to enter the Phase and the helper is not around.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Anyway, you really were in the phase and you screwed it up.
I hate missing opportunities!!!!  But I am getting better and better.  One day these "screw-ups" will be very rare.  Thanks for the advice and I will definitely add some more separation techniques to my routine.
Using a wine glass to pull myself out!!  LOL!  Imagine that! 
Whatever works, hahaha!  Have u ever drank alcohol in the phase?  I've never tried eating or drinking.  Got close to taking a bong hit, but woke up  >:(
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I've had problems too with separation,but what worked for me best and I think works for everybody is agression!
Dreamsrock,if you had vibrations,and managed to make them stronger,as Michael said,you were in the phase!I found myself once in an SP for the first time,and when i realized the situation i becam startled at first ,but then i slowly calmed down,and try to exit!
well i could not move any bit of my body,except my eyes,so what i did to separate,as Michael says,DO IT BY ALL MEANS!!
Even if i would have blew it was worthed cause without agressivity i would have never separated anyway,so when i realized it was SP,and calmed a little i felt a sensation af lightness,but just litle sensation so then i did it by all all means..rolled out moved in my body all kinds of stufff..and then with an agressive intention I just stood on my bottom in the phase...and from there on..i continued the experience:D
So agressively try to separate by all means:D

wiii
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I'm teetotal in the Phase.  In waking life I rarely drink.  Only on special occasions. Sexual activity here and there happens with the same amount of frequency though... ;D