Dodd's latest experience

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Dodd's latest experience

Post by dreamsrock »

Last night I got up for 20 min after 5 1/2 hrs of sleep. I think 20 min was too long bc it took forever to fall back asleep.  As I was falling asleep, I told myself over and over that I would awaken from every dream and remember to not move.  I was then awoken by the feeling of vibrations coming on, and the sound of someone approaching my bed...and sure enough, they hit. I tried to intensify them and move them up and down my body bc the last few times I've gotten them, they've faded too quickly (only 7 secs). I actually felt them move to my command, but only slightly, and then they were gone. I remained still and did 4 cycles of 3-4 techniques, but nothing. So I rolled over and went to sleep.

I then had 2 separate vivid dreams. The first one I forgot to try and stay still after, but as I went back to sleep, I reviewed it in my head and pointed out the parts where I should have been able to go lucid. This lead to an even more vivid dream that had a frightening
ending, where I jerked awake in bed.  After the abrupt awakening and movement I laid still and did 3-4 techniques (4 cycles) anyways...but they did not work. So I did the same thing as before and fell asleep reviewing the dream.

THIS TIME, I was waking up and felt a strange feeling in my hands and feet. I also noticed I was sleeping in the baby's bed but, like most
dreams, did not think anything of it. AND, i felt the presence of someone standing by my bed. It was the strange feeling and the presence that made me question lucidity, so I stuck my hand thru the wall, and BAM! I was now lucid.

So I grabbed my 7 yr old son, put him on my shoulders and told him we were going flying. I jumped up but nothing. So I decided to walk thru
the wall. As I did so everything went black and I knew I was losing the dream. I rubbed my hands together and waited patiently for the dream to return. To my surprise, it did! I've been able to recover dreams before, but none after losing them as long as i did here. So this time I decided to not do anything until I was able to make the dream more stable. I rubbed my hands some more and everything became so vivid! I still had my son on my shoulders and decided to just jump thru the wall and I gently floated down to the street. MAN, WHAT A RUSH! I then took another huge leap and slowly floated down again. Everything faded and I did not feel any hands that I could rub together, so it ended.

I've heard of people laying still after dreams and being able to re-enter the phase, but I was not able to do it.  I even did the techniques and cycles after the lucid dream.  For me it is very easy for me to remain still, after my phase experiences, but for some reason I am never able to re-enter them? But I keep trying anyways.
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dodd's latest experience

Post by Michael Raduga »

So I grabbed my 7 yr old son, put him on my shoulders and told him we were going flying
Congratulations! I've seen thousands experiences, but I see it first time
I am never able to re-enter them
You need just more practice and selfconfidence
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Success Finally!!

I have been trying for months to become proficient at this method with very little success.  My BIGGEST problem is waking without moving.  I have used an alarm before and had really good success at staying still after the alarm wakes me up, so I decided to give it another shot, but this time, use Mr. Raduga's Methods in combination with the alarm.

Last night I set my iphone app, which is loaded with a timer based on the one at saltcube.com, to start going off after 5 hrs of sleep.  The alarm vibrates 4 times and then stops by itself and goes off at different intervals for a couple hrs. 

1st alarm - woke me up and I stayed still.  I immediately did forced falling asleep, and then cycled thru 3 others.  I started seeing images, like very real photographic images of a strange room.  It was really cool, but they faded too fast and I fell asleep.

2nd alarm - woke me up, I stayed still, did the techniques for a little more than a minute, but nothing.  So I went back to sleep.

3rd alarm - woke me up, I stayed still, did forced falling asleep and went to my first technique of climbing the rope.  As I imagined climbing I started feeling my muscles actually straining to get me up the rope.  I've never felt this before.  It felt great! I knew I should attempt to separate at this time, so I tried to stand up.  This was the strange part.  I felt very paralyzed.  It was extremely hard to get up, but I kept at it and finally broke free of my body and was standing in my room.  I rubbed my hands together and looked around the room and was amazed how real everything was.  I wanted to fly to the moon, so I jumped up and fell back down.  For some reason I couldn't fly.  So I did some more deepening and pinched my nose, to make sure I was in the phase.  It worked.  This time I ran downstairs and out the front door.  I saw the moon straight ahead, closed my eyes, jumped in the air with the intention to fly to it.  After a couple seconds I opened my eyes and was coming in for a fast landing.  I landed in an area that looked like woods.  Tall trees, and some guy was there and said, "wow, that was a fast landing!"  I figured I must've gone somewhere else and not the moon.  The guy pointed me to a log cabin in the distance and we started walking towards it.  I could see lights on and there was a blonde woman, soaking in a jacuzzi in the front yard.  I was excited to go check this place out but as I was walking towards it, I lost the phase.  I forgot to stay active and do deepening techniques. 

I woke up in bed and was able to stay still.  I did my usual group of 3-4 techniques for 1 minute, but I felt nothing and was not able to re-enter the phase.

Michael, I need your advice.  I was not able to re-enter the phase after this obe.  Also, very early in the same night, I had a lucid dream that lasted 5 seconds.  I was also able to stay still upon awakening, but felt nothing after doing the techniques.  What am I doing wrong?  What are the steps u use to re-enter the phase after waking?  I thought it was supposed to be relatively easy to re-enter after waking from phase without moving.

I know you don't talk about alarms or recommend them, but this worked very well for me.  I now know what some of these sensations are like, and what it feels like when the visualizations start working and that I can exit the body at this point.  I hope to use this to help me enter the phase without the alarm. 

Thanks Michael for your techniques!  They are awesome and I am still trying to improve myself to become a master like you!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Try do not use alarm. You can get the phase sometimes by alarms, but there is no big future for your practice.

Re-entering:
try to separate before a full returning to the body, try to do it on the way of a returning. You need just practice. You will get it anyway.
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

That is great advice!  Can't wait to try it!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Another successful phase!!  I'm lovin these indirect techniques Michael.  Especially forced falling asleep.  Man that works great!

So I decided to use my alarms again (the ones from saltcube.com website) to help me wake up several times and stay still.  I am sorry Michael, but the alarms are really helping me.  What kind of damage am I doing by using these alarms?  You said that I won't have a big future using them...why?  I really don't want to screw myself up.

In between the 2nd alarm and the 3rd alarm I spontaneously woke up and stayed still.  I did forced falling asleep and I could feel myself falling deeper and deeper into sleep.  I then felt like I had fallen enough and decided to climb the rope before I fell asleep.  I started climbing and felt some weird sensations but I didn't actually feel the rope, so I thought it wasn't working and changed to rubbing my hands and swimming.  Then I realized that Michael teaches that once a technique starts working, don't change to another one!  So I went back to climbing the rope, and I was out!!!

I deepened and calmly walked around my house.  I then saw my wife downstairs talking to her friend.  I put my hand through the banister to make sure I was in the phase, and then I floated down to them.  I went to kiss my wife but she turned away, saying I had morning breath.  So I went to her friend and was not rejected.  We started making out and I woke up.  Dangit!!  I tried to rub my hands and spin to get the phase back, but I was not successful.  I then remembered Michael's advice to separate before a full return to the body, but I was too late. I sat up in my bed in real life, did a reality check to make sure, and was disappointed by the results.

Next time I am going to just separate right when I feel the phase start to fade!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

As  you see, you did it after a natural awakening. So you can do it. Try to do it without alarms and never use more than 2-3 days per week.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Hey Michael.  Last night I watched 1 hr (1/2) of your obe seminar.  Thank you for your hard work in putting that video together!  Your English has really improved since I saw you last.  The video really stressed the importance of things that I had forgotten.

I blew an opportunity this morning.  :(  I don't remember if I used forced falling asleep to help myself fall asleep, or if I had awakened and then used it.  Anyways, it worked very well.  I felt myself falling deeper and deeper into sleep. I felt as if I was sinking very deep into my bed...or like I was falling into an abyss.  Very cool!  I then felt very floaty or loose, like my astral body was swaying around.  Because I have had this before, I recognized it for what it was and did a semi-attempt at separating.  This "attempt" was more like a test to see if I would sit up in bed in real life or if I felt the "wall" I sometimes feel when attempting to separate.  I felt the wall and relaxed for a second, then did another real attempt at separating, but I sat up in bed (real life).  I knew I had blown it because I did the nose plug reality check and I was pissed! But I was also excited because I have improved greatly at catching awakenings! 

Should I have continued the ffa for a longer period of time or should I have not been stupid and gone for the separation with greater effort, instead of the "test"?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Not right question...

It all depends on the situation! It differs all the time. Be prepared for it. In the near future you will start to feel how long and when you need to perform the forced falling asleep.

As I see, you need to be a little bit more self-confident and be more straightforward. It will double amount of your phases.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Waking up without an alarm is better because the body will naturally wake up in a good part of your sleep cycle for Phase entrance.

When you use an alarm, there is no way of knowing where in your sleep cycle it will wake you.  This is why you will almost always have a much harder time when woken by an alarm.

I've found that if you are going to use an alarm (and you shouldn't other than to do the deferred method), you should set it in some multiple of 90 minutes from when you are likely to fall asleep (a few minutes after laying down).

Most people have 90 minute sleep cycles, so at least this way you are more likely to wake at the peak of REM (where you naturally wake up, exiting one cycles REM into another cycles beginning REM).

Environmental and other things can disrupt your sleep cycle without you knowing, so even this isn't ideal. 

Natural waking almost always ensures you are in that sweet spot of REM.  The only excpetion is when you think you had a natural awaking but really something in your environment woke you up.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

thanks lawpaw, some good info.  But I'm telling you....I tried for months to do it naturally with very little success.  For some reason I don't like to wake up.  The multiple alarms did wonders for me!

Analyze:  Ok, never mind.  The alarm only worked twice for me, and then it stopped.  The best way really is to do it upon natural awakenings!
Last edited by dreamsrock on Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

dreamsrock wrote: I tried for months to do it naturally with very little success. 
My friend,i only entered in the phase by lucid dreaming for now,but still if you have a strong desire b4 go to bed,to wake up at some time of the night you will,i did not woke up at night at all until recently,and now without intention about 4 days from 7 of the week,i wake up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning,still i move alot,so i wake up,drink a glass of water,maybe eat some chocolate :D and when i go back to bed,i take a position a little uncomfortable,like i raise my pillow allmost 90 degrees,and i sit there like in  an armchair,trying to sleep,i fall asleep,and 90% of the time when i do that ,i have a phase thru lucid dreaming!
I have LD during naps also:)
So just try it,even if you wake and move,try indirect techniques,as Mr. Raduga sys in his book,ovr 30% are false awakenings:D
When i sleep and wake up for turning on the other side,i try 2,3 cycles of indirect techniques(when i remember)and even if they do not yeld results when trying them,i end up in a LD:D Sometimes i feel they have the effect when i dream:D
Remember LD is also the phase:)

wiii
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Thanks wii, that's some good advice! 
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

I finally got out last night and it was GREAT!  I've been having problems separating.  I kept sitting up in real life, while attempting to separate, the last three phase attempts.  So I re-read the separation chapter and noticed that the "rotation" technique said it was easy to separate if done properly.  I also saw that Raduga listed "rotation" as one of his favorite techniques he uses.  So i decided to give a try.

I woke up in my old childhood house but did not realize it.  I started rotating and the movement kept increasing, till finally I just rolled off my bed.  If i had realized i wasn't in my home, i could have just stood up and went.  I ended up flying around my old neighborhood with my 2 yr old.  It was great!  I was able to do deepening and maintaining techniques, and I would estimate it lasted 2 minutes...which is awesome, compared to my last phases.

I lost the phase and remained still.  I did rotation again, it started working.  i got pretty excited because i've never been able to re-enter the phase after losing it.  i felt myself start to fall off the bed again, but I woke up in my real bed.
johnny
PHASER
PHASER

Post by johnny »

hi dodd

it is so great!!!!, i am happy for you. keep up the good work.  ;D

johnny
its your mind.....use it or loose it
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I'm glad for you, Dodd.

I want to make a meeting of LA practitioners in 1-2 weeks. I hope to see you then
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Sounds great!  Let me know when.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Lucid Dream turned OBE!!

I set my alarm for 6 hrs.  Got up for 10 min and went back to bed.  I became lucid in a dream by noticing my iphone charge level would not stay stable.  It kept fluctuating from 100% to 45% and all over the place.  I did the "nose pinch" test and BAM....Lucid!  I remembered my goal of jumping thru my bathroom mirror into a reality I had already picked out.  I should have done deepening but forgot.  I went thru the mirror and got stuck half way.  I pushed myself thru and noticed everything was black.  I was afraid the blackness would cause me to return to body.  But after a few seconds i was still there so i decided to concentrate on a river running thru a valley.  IT STARTED TO APPEAR!!  But it looked more like an old fashioned video game....maybe hyper-real or something??  So I flew over the water and everything went black and i felt myself going back to body.  I remembered Michael's advice about re-entering the phase after a return so I immediately tried to sit up, did the "nose pinch" test and BAM.....back in the phase!  This time I flew around my neighborhood for a while and landed at my neighbors house and crashed their party.  SO AWESOME!  When this one ended I did not try to re-enter, I was satisfied with my experience.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

How could you forget to take your children with you this time?)
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Sat May 21, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Post by MattShea »

How could you be so selfish! They would have enjoyed the party too! hahaha :)

Thanks for the experiences. I enjoyed reading them.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Hahahaha, I guess I'm over that now.  I want to fly by myself!
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Another one last night!!

After 8 1/2 hrs of sleep, I awake for 5-10 min and decide to try for obe upon next awakening.  As I'm falling asleep I decide to practice indirect techniques for a minute.  I then try some visualization techniques.  I visualize walking around my mom's house....get distracted, then visualize feeling items in my house....get distracted, then i visualize going to my stairs and doing all kinds of acrobatic moves on the banister.  Very quickly I started to really feel the banister in my hands.  I recognized this as a sign and I entered the visualization.  I did not need to do any separation!  I flew up thru my ceiling and got stuck in a void in my house.  This obe only lasted 30 seconds because I failed to deepen.  I then faded into a dream.

Very cool, I really like the method of entering the visualization.  I've never done it quite like that before.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Tactile visualization, like rubbing my hands, is the most successful way for me to get into the phase, but I haven't ever really entered the visualization yet.

What happens for me is that the tactile visualization puts me in the phase blind, then I deepen and typically discover myself in my bedroom.  Oddly enough I am usually sitting on the floor just past the foot of my bed.

Sometimes when I go downstairs I am in my parents house that I grew up in.  This is usually a sign that I need to deepen quickly and I almost always fall asleep into a dream in my parents house.

Occasionally when I go downstairs it is a much older version of my house with decorations from the early 1900's and people dressed that way as well.  Almost always I have random people milling about.

I also have a 2 year old.  It is difficult to practice with his him, my wife, or my cat making noise and waking me up.

Somehow my cat knows when I am awake, even if I wake without moving.  Sometimes he'll come over and put his nose my face while I'm doing indirect techniques.  I can't lock him out of the bedroom per wife's orders since he just scratches at the door and becomes destructive around the house.

When I do the deferred method I lock him up for the last couple of hours when I wake up after about 5.5 hours.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

It is very good you used the technique. It is one of the best techniques if you know how to do it. I don't know why it doesn't work well on seminars, but I use very often. Maybe, I still don't know how to explain it correctly
SENSORY-MOTOR VISUALIZATION

Immediately after waking from sleep, remain motionless, eyes closed. Imagine active, physical movement for 10 to 15 seconds while touching an actual object and simultaneously examining the imagined details of the room. If nothing appears during this period of time, a different technique should be used. If real and imagined sensations become mixed, then continue the practice until the imagined sensations overcome the primary senses.
LawPaw wrote: Somehow my cat knows when I am awake, even if I wake without moving.  Sometimes he'll come over and put his nose my face while I'm doing indirect techniques.  I can't lock him out of the bedroom per wife's orders since he just scratches at the door and becomes destructive around the house.

When I do the deferred method I lock him up for the last couple of hours when I wake up after about 5.5 hours.
Yes, it is a common problem with cats. It's not a problem that they feel when we woke up. The problem is that they whant to eat and need our attention in this moment)))
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Wow, I didn't even know "sensory-motor visualization" was a technique in your book.  That is exactly what I did! 

LawPaw - ah man, that cat has got to go!  sounds frustrating. I don't have that problem, no cats at my house.  But I understand....if the wife says the cat stays....then it stays!
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Michael Raduga wrote: Yes, it is a common problem with cats. It's not a problem that they feel when we woke up. The problem is that they whant to eat and need our attention in this moment)))
Yes, I think he's hungry and waits to hear my breathing change to signal that I'm waking up so he can bother me for food.

The cat stays.  Now I just do the deferred method and lock myself in the guest room after around 6 hours of sleep.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

A few days ago cats wasted 5 phases on my seminar in Moscow) But you've got 30 other phases somehow
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Ah man Michael, I almost did the Alien Abduction today!!
I took a nap, woke up without moving and remembered I wanted to be abducted.  I pretended to get really scared, yelling in my mind at the aliens to stop touching me and let me go.  This really worked in that I felt myself sinking deep into sleep paralysis and my usual "sinus clearing" really started to kick in.  (seems whenever I start sp my sinus' pop and clear up) - anyone else experience this?  Happens to me EVERY time!  I guess I pretended to be scared very well because my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.  I worried this was too much and would cause me to lose the experience.  I felt people coming in and sitting on both sides of my bed but no one grabbed me.  I then lost it and was awake. 

I think I should have gone for separation but I wasn't sure if I should continue laying still and have them grab me and take me away??  If I would've separated, would I have separated into an alien scene in my room?
MattShea
PHASER
PHASER

Post by MattShea »

I think you probably would have separated into an alien scene. Dunno! :)
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

To get a full-fledged alien abduction is another problem in this topic. It is easy to start it, but there may be problems in prolonging the situation to a full contact. But I think about it.
dreamsrock wrote: If I would've separated, would I have separated into an alien scene in my room?
I don't know. You should try)