In what age you had first OBE/lucid dreaming?

Participate in our research polls and create your own polls

0-9
25%
10-14
15%
15-19
35%
20-29
15%
30-39
10%
40-49
No votes
50-59
No votes
60 and more
No votes

Total votes: 20
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

But it was very familiar sensation. As if I did it many times before this case
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Re: In what age you had first OBE/lucid dreaming?

Post by JorgeLTE »

Michael Raduga wrote: 15
But it was very familiar sensation. As if I did it many times before this case
Same here
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I first had a full clarity an full lucid experience of the phase when i was about 16 y.o.
But it scared the heck out of me!
I was going to sleep,and as i fell asleep i watched my fishtank,and at some poin a fish started to talk,with a very strong voince!
He seemed evil he told me:''Do you believe me that i can hit u on the wall as you are laying there?''
I said NO!
And all of the sudden i begun to rise from my bed and then he pushed me on the side wall very hard,I could feel my air exiting from my lungs from that shock with the wall..!
I tryed to move..nothing..Only now i realize it was the phase...and I was in SP!
I taught it was the devil LOL!!
It was very real anyway...even ow i did not had yet such a real and strong phase,but soon i will get there!Someday I should recall that fr**kin fish to get my revenge:))

wiii
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

About 16. I kept "waking up" over and over again and switching on the light but it wouldn't work. I had no idea what was happening and was absolutely terrified.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

I had a few spontaneous LDs/pre-LDs throughout childhood.At least one OBE,maybe around 8 or 9. Then a powerful,but isolated, LD in my early twenties.

I didn't have any more until my mid to early thirties after I had read in depth about them and created an active interest.But even then I didn't have consistent success until I came across Stephen Leberge.

Since I've started to work with sleep cycles, I've had an average of 3-4/week-sometimes per night.I am now 42. 
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I was having strange false awakenings and floating out of body (though never looked back to see a body) around the ages of 4 and 5 (almost daily) and then the experiences subsided and stopped completely.

I didn't know they were phase experiences then.  I didn't know what they were in all honesty and described them to my mum as "dreams that feel real".

I came across Robert Monroe and a brief description of his method 3 years ago.  I found it pretty incredible that the method would help me to have an "out-of-body experience" as stated.  Being open-minded, I decided to give it a go.  Soon I was experiencing vibrations and at times deep sleep paralysis.  Eventually, and it only took a few weeks of practice, I'd have my first.

So I have been knowingly entering the phase for three years.  I voted for the 0 - 9 though, because, looking back at my childhood years, I realise now that I had been entering the phase involuntarily.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

As a small child I found myself in certain places and I don't know how I got there.  When just previously I was in different location.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
Astralnaut

Post by Astralnaut »

as i remember i had my first lucid dreams in schools first grades and maybe earlier.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

There have only been two instances that I can recall, prior to my recent activity  here.  First was in my early teens, laying on the lawn at home, looking up at the sky.  It was an effect like being hypnotized.  I felt like I floated up and out of my body up about 30 feet. When I turned my head to look down I slammed back down into my body (painlessly).
Then as an adult, I remember coming home from a party which involved drinking.  I lay on the floor with my head between by big stereo speakers like giant headphones, and cranked the music.  I remember a feeling of expanding out of my body , filling up the room - more like an inflated balloon than floating.
Suddenly when my wife hollared down the stairs to turn down the music, I collapsed back into my body.  It was an emotionally charged feeling that made me burst into tears, and then curl up into a fetal ball on the floor.
I don't know how much was effects of alcohol.  I am not a regular or heavy drinker.