struggling to have an OBE

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: struggling to have an OBE

Post by Summerlander »

Welcome!  :)

Making yourself dizzy?  What a mediocre suggestion.  Don't do that.  You can enter the phase comfortably using methods that actually work.  This is the quickest and easiest way:

DEFERRED INDIRECT METHOD

- Go to bed around 11pm-midnight and sleep soundly for a good six hours (it's ideal).
- Stay up for about half an hour (it's a decent sleep inertia period after your awakening).  During this period of wakefulness you can revise the relevant SOBT chapter, go over your plan of action, have a glass of water, use the toilet, or engage in any other activity.
- Go back to bed and fall asleep with an intention to enter the phase at the next awakening.
- Upon an awakening without movement, attempt separation from the body.  If there is movement or separation fails, start cycling through your chosen techniques (e.g. phantom wiggling, observing images, listening in) spending about 3-5 seconds on each.  If nothing happens after 4 cycles, fall asleep with the intention to catch the next awakening to reach the phase.
- If a sensation arises from alternating between techniques, stick with it and amplify it (i.e. vibrations, images, sounds etc.).  Bare in mind that the FFA (forced falling asleep) technique can be used in conjunction with indirect techniques and it is highly effective.  If separation fails or sensations do not augment, ask yourself if a minute has passed.  If it has, fall asleep with intention.  If it hasn't, continue to amplify sensations and then make another separation attempt. 
- Once the sensation or sensations reach a peak, separation is very likely to be successful.  Separate with confidence and don't worry about the outcome.
- In the phase, remember to deepen, manage and maintain the state.  Carry out your plan of action.
- In the case of a foul, re-enter the phase state.  A foul does not mean the end of the experience.

If you have trouble understanding some of the terms and concepts expressed above, feel free to ask questions.  It is also a good idea to give Michael Raduga's SOBT a read (it goes more in depth than the videos).  Other means to enter the phase is directly (no prior sleep, relax, employ techs and separate: which is harder) and dream consciousness (you attain full consciousness and self-awareness while dreaming: get a journal, record your dreams, identify dream cues... different method altogether)

Remember, reaching the phase state isn't as hard as what some make it out to be.  It is sufficient to just separate straight away upon an awakening.  If you catch yourself awakening without movement, separate straight away and don't worry about whether you are moving physically or not.  Just do it!  The chances of you entering the phase at that stage are high.  You only employ indirect techniques if real movement has occurred.  This should tell you that you really want to nail that separation and avoid having to cycle through techniques! ;)

Do not attempt the direct method.  You want to walk before you can run when it comes to phase practice.  Master the indirect method first.  In fact, you don't need any more than this and a lot of experienced practitioners stick to it.  Let me know how you get on...

Good luck!  8)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

You can do it, mate! :)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Try to amplify any unusual sensation and then separate.
waltersina

Post by waltersina »

Master the indirect method first. In fact, you don't need any more than this and a lot of experienced practitioners stick to it. Let me know how you get on...
Save time finding the best source for cheap Californication Season 6 DVD UK with the latest cheap DVD stores online and the deals updated daily!
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Welcome Waltersina..Are you an accomplished phaser? Please share in some of your experiences in the blogs, if you already haven't. We all like to hear everyone's experiences. Personally it encourages me.
johnny
PHASER
PHASER

Post by johnny »

Hi everybody

I have been a member for a while now and have had a few obes and false awakenings.

I saw the doc video which is awesome and want to have more. My problem is this: i sleep for 6 hours and then snooze for 10 min and dont get me wrong but this sleep cycle is the way i work and due to work and children it cannot be changed.

The only way for me to enter the phase is to use the 10 min snooze time i have each morning but how do i do that best??

Do i use the FFA pratice or the deepening method or something else????

Please help i am lost and want to find my way back!!!

Yours faithfully johnny