Re: Galaad's Blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Galaad

Galaad's Blog

Post by Galaad »

Hello everyone,

I've experienced in the past around 10 spontaneous OBE. But the experience was always very short and blurr.

Thanks to this fantastic website and the ebook, I've understood a lot of mistakes I''ve made everytime :
* no deepening
* no maintening
* trying direct methods
* no goal
* no agressive enough.

This week end, I've tempted the methods explained in the book :
The first night, I woke up several times during the night but while moving in the bed. No OBE .
the second and the third night (from saturday to sunday and from sunday to monday) I' woke up in my bed without moving at all. Immediatly, I've tried to swim with my invisible arms. The results is that It worked.
the first time I've experienced the phase, and I've deepened it while touching objets and opening my eyes with my astral fingers.
alas,I've been awaken by my breath becoming to deep in the physical world.
No matter what I've phased again at the next awakening.

Same process the night after.

So : 4 OBE in 2 nights.

I've tried to do it again this week, but my first difficulty is that I often awake while I'm moving in the bed. There, I feel too much my physical body and I can't enter the phase.

Do you have some tricks to avoid to move as soon you wake up ?
Last edited by 12padams on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

I highly recommend improving your dream recall. By doing this you will have conscious dream exits and end dream lucidity which will allow you to practically perform a separation technique as the dream fades around you. You could also try dream re-entry which involves imagining yourself standing where ever you were when the dream around you faded.

Good Luck Galaad :)
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Thank you for this advices.

For now, the indirect OBE techniques have been the most efficient I've ever experienced.

Can't wait to explore it further.
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Two night ago :

I wake up around 4.00 AM.
I don't move, and keep my eyes closed.
I decide to swim with my invisible arms. I feel that I tense my physical too much. As if I was forcing to extract myself out of it.
I wonder if I don't feel too much my body to try the OOBE.
I relax, and do it again.
Suddenly, I find myself rolling on the bed, and falling on the ground.

I am OBE. I touch everything briefly and my arms, my legs.
I go to the living room.
everything is clear, sharp.
It's great ! I am in the phase and I want to see me in the mirror of my living room.
It was interesting, as my face was the same except my beard was shorter and my eyes were more luminous.
I have blue eyes in waking life, but there my eyes were a very clear, pure blue.

And for the clothes ! Oh my ! I was wearing usual clothes but definitivly not those I use to wear everyday.

It was a funny experience.

Total : 5 OBE in 6 days. Great !!!
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

12padams wrote:
I highly recommend improving your dream recall. By doing this you will have conscious dream exits and end dream lucidity which will allow you to practically perform a separation technique as the dream fades around you. You could also try dream re-entry which involves imagining yourself standing where ever you were when the dream around you faded.

Good Luck Galaad :)
Michael does not talk of this approach in SOBT, (correct me if I'm wrong). Would this be an area worthy of experimentation?
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Good Luck Galaad

Michael does not talk of this approach in SOBT, (correct me if I'm wrong). Would this be an area worthy of experimentation?
I just realized how unspecific I was there... I should have mentioned that "improving dream recall" was actually mastering it. The negative effect of this is that when you are spending 2 hours or even more time each day writing down your dreams in extreme detail you actually can put yourself off the phase altogether. Seriously, unless you enjoy writing and have lots of time it's a really boring chore...

Basically conscious awakenings/dream exits are very important and occur commonly once you master dream recall. The problem is that if you don't keep it up you go backwards again and lose your ability to have consious awakenings. If you rely on conscious awakenings/dream exits for phase entry then you are relying on writing down your dreams/phase experiences for 2 hours per day. It's really not worth it unless you're desperate to enter the phase.

Micheal doesn't specifically say that you must have good dream recall to perform indirect technqiues but he does mention that conscious awakenings are quite important for succeeding because the indirect techniques work optimally when performed the second you awaken... Not minutes later. So all I've done here is just suggest that you improve your dream recall to increase your chances of a conscious awakening so you can perform the indirect technqiues with a higher rate of success.

There is a slight problem that you may notice however which is most likely why micheal didn't suggest improving your dream recall to induce conscious awakenings. Basically let's say you have a conscious awakening and perform indirect technqiues but fail... At this point you're supposed to remain completely still, fall asleep then wait for the next awakening so you can then re-attempt indirect technqiues. Notice the problem... Your supposed to lie still and fall back to sleep, not get up and log your dreams.

The reason micheal suggests you lie still and don't get up is because your body will be tricked into thinking that you never really woke up. That way it will reactivate sleep paralysis and possibly consciously put you back into rem sleep. The more you do this the more likely your body will think you're still asleep when you awaken without moving. In other words you will more and more commonly awaken in sleep paralysis and be able to perform a successful separation technique allowing you to easily enter the phase upon awakening.

So to sum up... Increase your dream recall on "rest days" (days you are not attempting phase entry/indirect techniques) and focus on lying still upon awakening then going back to sleep if you fail indirect techniques on your phase practice/attempt days. I would say 2-3 days per week (separated) should be phase attempt days with at least 1 rest day in between them. So a good method would be phase attempts on Sundays and Wednesdays then improving dream recall on all other days.

The reason I don't perform indirect techniques myself to enter the phase is due to my need to use the toilet upon every awakening. So since I can't lay still and fall back to sleep upon awakening I use my sleep simulation technique instead as a shortcut to rem leading to dream consciousness through expected false awakenings. Also... I like to log and pay close attention to my wake and sleep times which help me understand how long my phase experiences actually are in real time and when they occurred.

Anyways thanks for asking... It was important for me to clarify the fact that dream recall should be practiced on days you are not performing indirect techniques.
Last edited by 12padams on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

No OBE the last two night.

But I think that at every awakening, I was feeling my body too much. So when I tried to swim with my invisible arms, I was feeling too much the real one.

In fact, I realize I'm trying everynight since I've begun this challenge.

5 OBE in 6 days, it's more than I have never had. (usually around one OBE per month)
The trick is that i am so excited and want so much to explore all the wonders of the phase, that I can't wait to do it again.

I should take a break untill next week end, maybe.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I'm liking your progress, Galaad!  You have seen that the techniques do work.  The failures only serve to see where you've gone wrong.  Remember Thomas Edison:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... rJm5RyV.99

Ease up on the practice and keep up the good work! :)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Thank you, my friend ! :)
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Last night I tried to go OOB on an awakening.

Something strange happened : I was feeling my body on the ground, touching objects to deep the phase, but the sensation was ghostly, as I was in the same time still feeling my physical body.

The experience ended as I was realizing I was feeling too much my physical body.

Any advice ?  :P
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I'd say just get up because the phantom body can at times feel like the physical body.  You were most likely lying down in the phase.  The best thing to do upon an awakening without movement is to separate straight away.  Sod the techniques.  You want to take the shortcut and avoid them altogether.  If you wake up to movement, however, you must cycle through them in order to reach the phase.

Hence the algorithm of action upon awakenings diagram:

THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Thanks !

I'll try again this night ...  8)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

No problem and good luck. :)

It is a good thing that you are practising the indirect method.  It not only provides a 'shortcut' to the phase but it will also help you to reenter it in the case of a foul.

Familiarity with indirect techniques can also help you to reenter the phase if you had previously entered it using the dream consciousness method. 8)
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

5 or 6 attempts last night.

No success.

When I imagine I'm swimming, I find my physical body tensing more and more and moving a little.

:-[
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Maybe you're trying too hard or you just need a break from it.  Have you tried indirect techniques combined with the forced falling asleep method (FFA)?

If swimming isn't working now, try something else.  Swimming might work later.  Using the deferred method can also help you majorly.
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Maybe indeed I'm trying too hard.

Let's take a little break and ease the practice.

Thanks  ;)
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Yesterday night,

I had an insomnia and found difficulty to fall asleep. At a certain point, I found myself observing a little white dragon flying above the ground, on my right. I tried to touch it, and I realized I was in the phase.
I touched the wall of my bedroom, the door, walked through it, touched the mirror (where I've seen myself last time), and the table in the living room.
Alas, I am awaken by my breath : I have a cold this last days, and I have difficulty to breath.

It seems that my breath become more profound during the phase. Because I had difficulty to breath easily thanks to the cold, I awake in my bed.

An interesting experience.

However, I can't understand exactly when and how I've entered the phase.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Did you try direct techniques at bedtime?  Or perhaps you fluked a free-floating state of mind that eventually landed you in the phase and the cold might have helped you with this.  Whatever the case, it is always best to start practice with the indirect or dream consciousness methods as they are easier for the novice.

Out of curiosity, what did your reflection look like the last time you looked at yourself in the mirror?
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

I think you are right. Free floating mind and the heaviness of my tired body.

When I saw the mirror, my reflection was blurr.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Mine was all swirly at the initial stages of my practice.  Like a melting mutant out of Total Recall.  Once I looked prepubescent.  These days my reflection tends to be fairly accurate.  90% of the time I'm in the nude.

Btw, keep up the good work.  You're doing well.
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Thank you very much !
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Yes !

Three obe this night :

I awake almost without any move. Very loose. Very relaxed. I decide to swim in imagination. And a few seconds later, I try to roll out of the bed.
It works great.

During the first OBE, after deepening with palpation objects, and my body, I go through the window, and I am on a balcony. This is the night. I decide to jump and to fly.
I do. But I don't fly like superman : two huge wings like dragon wings replace my arms. I fly above the roof of the building of my street.

During the second one, I go out the same way, but once on the balcony, there is a sort of swimming pool outside. I decide to jump and to fly ... to the sun !  I fly, this time like superman, and some people follow me. Alas, I can't reach the sun : I fly faster and faster, but I'm unable to reach the sun. As if I was afraid to go there.
I decide to land. I find a girl. I decide to have sex with her. I kiss her. First, she doesn't want it. But I remember that in the phase, I can't do anything, and I somehow use telepathy to force her to kiss me. It worked.

During the third one, I lay on a bed, and I wait for the previous girl, because someone tell me "she's coming." but the phase end.

Errors in the experience :
- no maintening at all
- fear of the experience of meeting the sun making that I couldn't reach it at all

It was a great night  ;D ;D ;D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Hell yeah!

Well done, man!  I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad you have also noted your mistakes.  By the way, when having sex with someone in the phase, intensify the sensations as much as you can (to make it last) and don't be afraid to reach orgasm there - it is awesome!

Once again, well done and thanks for sharing! 8)
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Something new :

I had 2 phases this night, one as I was just awake, and the second as I was awake since a few minutes, but I tried separation techniques and it worked. I was very relaxed in the last case.

I had real difficulties this time to create vision. I touched everything, I stared the palm of my hand, and it worked a little but not perfectly. The phase last only 1 minutes or less. I explored a room that doesn't exist in my flat. It was an interesting experience, even if it was short.

But this was a success in my attempt to enter in the phase !  :)
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

Two OBE this night.

I think I have catched the trick : I can enter the phase everytime I wake up without moving, or even if I am awake since a few minutes, if my body is very very relaxed.

In one week, I have experienced 7 OBE.

I have learned the two previous night that I can fix blindness while OBE if :
- I open my astral eyelids with my astral fingers. It works great.
- I look at my hand very carefully to see the details of my palm
- I shake an object very strongly, as if I wanna do a cocktail :)

The new thing I really have to work is :
- control my destinations (when I jump through the window, I am somewhere, but I don't control my destination)
- control the duration (the OBE are until now very short, I think maximum 1 minute.)

It is so great. I am so happy to have discovered this site.
Thank you so much.

;)
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

One OBE last night.

Always the same process : As I just wake up, I simply swim in my imagination. I rapidly began to slide on the side of my bed and begin to touch the wall, objects and my own body to deepen the phase as I go in my living room.

Sight is fine. I decide to try to teleport in a land of snow throught the window. I open the window but behind, there is only the street I know.
Everything seems so real that I begin to wonder if I am not in my physical shell. I decide to try to walk through the door. I do.

I begin to go downstair, but I begin to fool in a classic dream, loosing slowly my awareness.

The week has been very rich in experiences.

I will take a break the next night.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I think I have catched the trick : I can enter the phase everytime I wake up without moving, or even if I am awake since a few minutes, if my body is very very relaxed.
You are nailing it!  You are nailing it! ;D
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

Summerlander wrote:
You are nailing it!  You are nailing it! ;D
Duck to water  ;D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

;D

I want to make sure everyone nails it.  I will try to be more active here to compensate for losing 12padams.  I feel like I am the only Mod here now. :'(
Galaad

Post by Galaad »

You're of great help my Friend, yours posts and advices are so precious !
Thank you very much.

PS : what happened to 12padams ?