Dissociation struggles in Indirect Method

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
MoonDuck

Dissociation struggles in Indirect Method

Post by MoonDuck »

Hello! This is a question, and I am not too sharp on my navigation here, so I do apologise if this is the wrong place! I have been getting large amounts of successes recently! Most nights now get success, but I want to push it. I just have one issue:

How do I stop myself from accidentally getting up in real life?

The issue at hand has been really plaguing me, and has ruined the chances of numerous attempts. Please! Any help is appreciated.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Dissociation struggles in Indirect Method

Post by Summerlander »

As soon as you feel yourself waking up, don't think. Just get up straight away. The longer you leave it the narrower that window of time gets. Get up without worrying. Once you are standing, then you can do a reality test to confirm that you are in fact in the phase state.
MoonDuck

Post by MoonDuck »

Summerlander wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:17 pm As soon as you feel yourself waking up, don't think. Just get up straight away. The longer you leave it the narrower that window of time gets. Get up without worrying. Once you are standing, then you can do a reality test to confirm that you are in fact in the phase state.
Interesting... What is the point of hypnopompic techniques then? They are meant to be a failsafe, but how do they work if the first thing you do is leap out of bed and examine your state?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Don't get so wound up on techniques. Remember, the first sensations of a bed beneath you immediately after a dream comes to an end are phantom in nature. Always treat it like it's not real. Nailing the first instance, and if you master this move, is all you need. Even Raduga pretty much said in his book that it can be that simple and the phase world is your oyster, so to speak.