The Divided Brain

Share or suggest your experiments and tests to know the phase better
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

The Divided Brain

Post by Summerlander »

Too many ideas have been thrown around on this subject.

I'm going to explore one at a time and firstly regard neuroscientific fields that apparently support some of the claims made by Iain McGilchrist—split-brain studies never fail to intrigue me. For McGilchrist, the right hemisphere is the 'master' and the left is the 'emissary'. The left hemisphere tends to break down complexity with approaches like reductionism; the right hemisphere is more holistic, thus tending to have an uncanny ability to think outside the box by way of unconventional connections, abstractions and often producing Eureka moments.

Julian Jaynes—with his theory that consciousness arose evolutionarily with the merging of a bicameral mind as the fibrous mesh that we call 'corpus callosum' developed between both hemispheres—would go as far as saying that godly voices in visions and dreams of the past, and recorded in the works of Homer and even the Bible, originate in the right hemisphere (just as right-brain areas light up when schizophrenics are instructed by mental voices; those areas were observed to be counterparts of left-brain language centres). Thought, according to McGilchrist, originates in the right hemisphere to be transduced into speech by the left; and it doesn't stop here, so phase practitioners, take heed: the right can derive more meaning!

My understanding so far on what is being posited by these studies is that the holistic side—usually the right hemisphere in the majority of humans—is analogous to the probabilistic framework of the quantum realm because it explores every possibility however nonsensical it may be if it were to be transduced by the left hemisphere, which is analogous to a Copenhagenian 'collapser' as it uses syntax in its logical decision-making so that the end result is more applicable to the objective world.

Now, these theories were shaped by neurologically derived empirical data and interpreted through the lens of materialism. If Hoffman, or even panpsychism, is found to be true, the brain is merely part of the worldly interface, and thus represents or reflects the process of bringing about single manifestations from an infinitude of possibilities.

The subconscious mind is largely representative of the right hemisphere in my view and I think the premise that the phase state can consolidate both hemispheres should be explored further.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.