Speaking to yourself, mild sensations and length of attempts

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Bull75

Speaking to yourself, mild sensations and length of attempts

Post by Bull75 »

Hello,

I’m new here, and first of all a huge thanks to all who are willing to answer questions here to newbies like me!

My two questions after my first attempt last night are:

1. Auto-suggestions
Is it allowed to speak to yourself while trying the techniques,in order to intensify them?
What I mean is: as soon as I remembered to go to the mirror now, I also remembered Michaels voice from the YouToube-videos during the training sessions: „Now to the mirror! Go to the mirror.... it doesn’t work, now levitate! Eyes up and levitate!..“ etc.
So I wonder if such „auto-suggestions“ push you to even better results, or if you should be completely silent in your head while doing the techniques.

2. How long after feeling (mild) sensations?
Michael says „only 3-5 seconds per technique“.
I guess this is meant for finding a technique that creates some sort of sensations, right?

So, regarding my own attempt last night: as I felt (very mild) sensations with the levitation-technique, which didn’t stop even after several minutes - how long should I try to levitate, now?
Should I continue with variations of that actual technique, minute after minute - even if it gets longer than 5 minute, as long as you get any kind of feeling with that technique?
Or when do you recognize that you should simply stop and give up, though still feeling some sort of (mild) prickles/vibrations?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Speaking to yourself, mild sensations and length of attempts

Post by Summerlander »

It is allowed, even encouraged, to speak to oneself in the phase state. Michael Raduga isn't the only one to recommend this. There are others like Daniel Love, Rebecca Turner, Stephen LaBerge and Andrew Holecek. You can describe what you are doing in the phase out loud and occasionally remind yourself that it is all a dream in which you are awake.

You are allowed to talk in the phase whilst deepening and maintaining the state. But if you are not in the phase but attempting an entrance, you shouldn't physically talk. You may hear your voice in your head which, as a technique in itself, may take a life of its own. Hearing Raduga's voice is also a brilliant idea because, a teacher's voice can give you confidence. You may even imagine that you are already standing in front of the mirror---not even a matter of desire---just imagine that you are already there and when you open your eyes, your belief will be confirmed. As a secondary rezort, attempt levitation.

Mild sensations mean that a technique is working and you should stick to it. All that remains is amplification. Check out Raduga's algorithm for awakening where techniques are concerned when using the indirect method.

Any sensation should be amplified. If you have trouble with levitation and appear stuck for whatever reason, try to focus on a single sensation, like 'white noise' in your head, or vibrations. Amplify the sensation that appears to be working and, once it reaches a peak, try separation from the body.
Bull75

Post by Bull75 »

Thank you!
Okay, then I will talk to myself while starting the indirect techniques, that’s really great to know.

Regarding amplifying the techniques, yes, as soon as I felt some small reaction/ feeling with levitate, I tried to intensify it.
But: levitating already „is“ a separation-technique, so I wonder that it didn’t work in the end.

This last night I had a reaction-feeling by performing the rotation-technique, so I imagined to rotate even faster, more aggressive, and then I tried all three separation-techniques (levitation, stand up, roll out), but nothing happened. Then I tried again to rotate, and again I felt a mild reaction.
So I tried again to rotate faster and faster, but then the feeling disappeared.
I hope I did not make an obvious mistake, like sticking too long to the three separation-techniques or making the rotation not long enough in the beginning?..
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

If you manage to catch an awakening, however real it feels that you find yourself lying in bed, just get up. If you nail this, you'll have an abundance of phase experiences like there is no tomorrow. I'm telling you this now because as soon as I caught an awakening recently, I just got up no matter the outcome and was surprised to be standing in a dark replica of my bedroom—all that remained was for me to rub my hands in the phase in order to deepen it.

As you can see, no time was wasted on techniques. The deepening that is performed as soon as you find yourself in the phase—which is often initially shallow—is analogous to the amplification performed when sensations arise during techniques.

Cycling through techniques is the attempt to create the phase state when it appears to be absent for the most part, and, if you are trying the indirect method, when you have missed the opportunity upon awakening. If separation is tricky for you upon awakening, do try the mirror technique; but let me tell you, I didn't even do this when I last managed to enter the phase—I just got up to find myself in a phantom world rather than the real one.

One thing to remember which is underlined in Michael Raduga's guidebook regarding separation. Don't think too much about how you are going to do it—just do it! Do it 'robotically'! Remember him using this word? The same thing goes for the other techniques which are performed with a relaxed body and mind; in fact, a relaxed mind begets a relaxed body.

If rotation feels right for you—as you had some success with it—once amplified, just try getting up no matter what. It's all or nothing! I really want you to get into this mentality when you try separation; and I want you to stick to just one separation technique per attempt. Get rid of all preconceived notions that it won't work as thoughts are tricky.

I guarantee you that when the sensation of rotation reaches a peak of realism and you subsequently get up as you would physically (do not imagine it, really do it), you will have moved in the phase. Avoid frustration as this is a learning process like anything else. Do not be fooled into thinking that you failed by the realistic sensations of the phase state when you stand in your bedroom upon separation. Perform a reality check if you have to.

I'm pretty sure you will get there and good luck. If unsure, review The Phase guidebook and remember to have a plan of action ready.
Bull75

Post by Bull75 »

Thank you very much, I will do it that way :-)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

To improve your predisposition for out-of-body experiences and lucid dreaming, here are five tips mentioned in Zhanna Zhunusova's webinar 'The Phase: 5 Tools to start'. Zhunusova is a Project Elijah curator; this project is currently doing research on lucid dreaming and publishing scientific papers in The International Journal of Dream Research.

1) Dream reconstruction: upon awakening, lie still and relaxed for a minute as you attempt to remember the dream plot. Pleasant memories tend to come effortlessly and, as you play around with dream recall, more segments will come to mind which may or may not relate to what was initially remembered. We tend to remember dreams in reverse. Recalling dreams should be an enjoyable process and not forced; it is a process of delicate reconstruction and it should be fun. More may be remembered later, without effort, during the day. This exercise increases the probability of dream consciousness occurring.

2) Reality checking: Is it real or not? Am I dreaming? Did I get up for real or is this a false awakening? Looking at your reflection in a mirror may increase lucidity as it tends to drive away distracting mental chatter and promotes thoughts about aspects of yourself: What do I look like? What am I feeling? As the experience of one's reflection promotes self-integration, there will be more focus and the phase will be deeper. The mirror moment as a reality check prompts questions such as, 'Do I look normal?' or 'Are there any physical anomalies?' You may also touch the mirror to see if anything unusual happens.

3) Floating state: This is where your mind fluctuates between wakefulness, dreaming and unconscious sleep, as though it rapidly visits all the stages of sleep. It is also known as 'microsleep', which can be characterised by perceived lapses in consciousness, thus mimicking narcolepsy—which can propel you into the phase state. This state is particularly favourable when it comes to employing the direct method of entering the phase, which novices should avoid as it is quite difficult precisely because the attempt is made with no prior sleep; advanced practitioners can try in the evening or even before bedtime! Focusing on breathing with your eyes shut, as one does in meditation, can help one to relax and eventually achieve an out-of-body experience or enter a lucid dream environment. Don't try this for longer than 20 minutes and do not get frustrated with failure. The direct method is the hardest! And remember that your predisposition to reach the phase can improve with practice. Just relax and stare into the darkness behind your eyelids and hypnagogic sensations may manifest or you may try some visualisation techniques. It's just a matter of time before you experience a shift in awareness.

4) Techniques training: gravitation/vibrations—getting pulled by an imaginary magnet; falling through the bed; phantom-wiggling; rotation of the body; levitation; simply getting up, etc. These techniques can help you to separate from the body. Moving the phantom body can feel as realistic as moving the real body!

5) Expanded sensor-motor visualisation: This is where you visualise realistic sensations such as touching during your communication with objects in the phantom world of the phase state and imagine how it will feel—prepping you for what might happen after a separation from the body. This is about relaxing in a meditative state and focusing on your mind in order to expand it, meaning, expanding imagination into slight visualisations and deepening your mental contents further into high-definition realism.
Bull75

Post by Bull75 »

Alright, thank you!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.