Issues with waking up and proceeding with the plan

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
dani

Issues with waking up and proceeding with the plan

Post by dani »

This is my first attempt (technically second). My issue is rather usual I guess? I went to sleep around 12am, got up via alarm at 6am and passed out again around 6:45 or 7am. Since then, I woke up twice, both times I just didnt even remember that I had a plan. I'm so confused and groggy after I wake up that I start to move, open my eyes, etc. before it hit me that "Hey, you're not supposed to do that, but you should instantly start working on your plan!" And we have just a minute using the indirect method to actually work on it.

Despite rolling around, I decided that I'd do the exercises anyway (I remember Michael said we should do that) and so I did. I didn't get into the phase and I got up around 11am, just couldnt sleep anymore.

So my question is, how do you all remember instantly your goal when you wake up? (ie does it just hit you or it comes with many tries and its like creating a habit) Especially after waking up from a dream? In my mind there things and emotions still related to the dream, so I'm not exactly fully back here, so i just try to wake up (that's like initial reaction)

When I decided to start working on this, I didnt expect that this would my issue really
supercnloong

Re: Issues with waking up and proceeding with the plan

Post by supercnloong »

dani wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 am This is my first attempt (technically second). My issue is rather usual I guess? I went to sleep around 12am, got up via alarm at 6am and passed out again around 6:45 or 7am. Since then, I woke up twice, both times I just didnt even remember that I had a plan. I'm so confused and groggy after I wake up that I start to move, open my eyes, etc. before it hit me that "Hey, you're not supposed to do that, but you should instantly start working on your plan!" And we have just a minute using the indirect method to actually work on it.

Despite rolling around, I decided that I'd do the exercises anyway (I remember Michael said we should do that) and so I did. I didn't get into the phase and I got up around 11am, just couldnt sleep anymore.

So my question is, how do you all remember instantly your goal when you wake up? (ie does it just hit you or it comes with many tries and its like creating a habit) Especially after waking up from a dream? In my mind there things and emotions still related to the dream, so I'm not exactly fully back here, so i just try to wake up (that's like initial reaction)

When I decided to start working on this, I didnt expect that this would my issue really
It is hard to remember to do other thing except for opening your eyes and stretching . Because opening eyes and streching are your habitual action, if you want to do something instead of it, you need to set your intention on your mind firmly, and not just think about it.Therefore, after you wake up , you need to take 5 minutes to set your mind firmly on praticing indirect method ( you can do the short meditation to help you set your mind) and fall asleep with this intention. Whether you suceed or fail , keep this intention in mind 。
Getter

Post by Getter »

Yeah I've been struggling with this too, but have been improving. Aside from going to sleep with a strong determination to catch those awakenings correctly and immediately, I think the next best thing is to just do the techniques no matter what, regardless of how much you've moved or how long it took you it to realize you were supposed to. From there, for me, once I get that down then catching them faster and without movement begins to happen quite naturally.
delflol
PHASER
PHASER

Post by delflol »

The first 3 months I had no problem with wakening without moving and do the technics but now it's like I do not feel my awakening anymore it's frustrating...
Don't no what to do... I just wake up too much... I'm reading the English book and I do as he says, do it anyway so I do it... I'm trying that since 2 weeks and the only one lucid dream I made I was going to bed for a nap in a dream and done the indirect technic lol and it works !!!!! amazing
supercnloong

Post by supercnloong »

delflol wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 pm The first 3 months I had no problem with wakening without moving and do the technics but now it's like I do not feel my awakening anymore it's frustrating...
Don't no what to do... I just wake up too much... I'm reading the English book and I do as he says, do it anyway so I do it... I'm trying that since 2 weeks and the only one lucid dream I made I was going to bed for a nap in a dream and done the indirect technic lol and it works !!!!! amazing
As you said , you did everything as he says, so please answer me some question. Did you just try 3 time only per week? Did you use defered timing?
delflol
PHASER
PHASER

Post by delflol »

As you said , you did everything as he says, so please answer me some question. Did you just try 3 time only per week? Did you use defered timing?
Hi, thank's for your help :)
Well actually it happened alone, I never had to put an alarm so if I did it more than 3 days, yes... it could be at any time in the night but just one, I never done multiple Lucid dream, well one time actually.
I think about it every day, thinking maybe tonight I will have one but I'm not negative if it doesn't happen I just think ok maybe tomorrow.
I don't think my problem is because I used to have obe more than 3 times in a week because it happened without effort and stress and alarm.
When I put alarm at 6H I just wake up at nine and get up...

I just don't feel my awakening, maybe I am to tired, no idea...
he doesn't says anything else at part do not do it more Than 3 times per week, that you can be exhausted emotionally but sincerely I don't feel like that, I'm not nervous to can't do it and he says that when you're ok with the technics you can do it more... I was totally fine with them