My first real LD with an unexpected twist

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel
fillon

My first real LD with an unexpected twist

Post by fillon »

Hi all,

I have been trying to get a lucid dream lately and last night I had 2 for the first time. Actually it was the first time I could stay in the dream long enough to get something out of it.

So most of what happened was me going downstairs and looking around the house, petting my cat, drinking water.. and I was conscious it was a dream. Things were a bit different in my house but it was still my house and I was conscious things were different and it was because it was a dream.

But something unexpected happened. I saw an object that reminded me of karate.

A bit of background story is necessary here... I have been doing karate when I was very young and I got injured. Twice, I tried to get back to it and experienced pain so I had to quit. I have to say karate was a passion of mine. So for over 20 years I had buried that passion because I thought I would get pain if I started again.

Now lately I have been wanting to give it a try again. I had not realized how scared I was to go back to it.

Back to the LD... During the LD I saw an insignia of my last karate group. I started crying and crying while holding it in my hands... and that is when I realized I was scared to death to try again and how painful it had been to bury that passion for all those years. Since that dream I was oblivious to that fact. I knew I was concerned but not scared.

So my LD wake me up to something that was buried for a long time. Now it's up to me to work it out.

Anyone has experienced something like this? Is it common to get that kind of experience?