New to Phase, with questions...

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
cenaculum

New to Phase, with questions...

Post by cenaculum »

Greetings everyone. I am new to this forum, and as usual, I seem to be late to the party, as much of the activity here apparently has slowed. I discovered Mr. Raduga's book and website just this week, when doing research.

I have a few observations and questions, if anyone could be so kind to reply.

Like many people, I started having spontaneous releases from childhood through my adult life. Not many, but perhaps ten in sixty years. Most of the time I was frightened enough to not get much out of it, but my interest continued over the years. As silly as it sounds, it was not fear that kept me from a lot of experimentation, but the simple fact when I lay down to sleep I am tired and fall asleep within minutes. I always approached experimentation as a chore, and hence got nowhere.

So, all those wasted years and I read Mr. Raduga's book this week which informs me the best way to achieve the state is after sleep, not before. Well this made perfect sense to me and the second day I tried, it really worked.

So I read deeper into Mr. Raduga's website, including this forum and other papers that address the Phase, and it seems after some time, practitioners are saying this isn't 'out of the body' but some sort of artifact of our subconscious mind, and these are simulations. And then I read somewhere, can't find it now, where Mr. Raduga states he is withdrawing for possibly an extended period of time to, apparently, find out more about the phenomenon.

I have to say, being interested in Robert Monroe's work, accepting that all of this might be a subjective simulation certainly breaks the rudder of what I assumed was a smooth sailing ship. Now I am left to wonder what all this actually is.

Have I missed something on the website that says more about Mr. Rauga's decision to retreat? Has there been additional discoveries among advanced practitioners that lead to this simulation conclusion, or is it speculation?

And if it is simulation, what is the point of it? In the past people have considered this sort of thing a part of spiritual advancement, but it if is largely subjective, how can anything big be achieved in the Phase?

While I agree with assertions that Biblical and other texts have parts inspired by the Phase, and mistaking this for an actual encounter with God or his angels, my mind is reeling with the enormity of what this represents; that so much of what we believe is myth. I do not hold religious belief and am pleased to see a possible explanation for miracles.

The Phase documentary eludes to 'someone' cutting us off from the Phase. Any more on this? I have always assumed we forget, not that some control device is in play.

So what does it all mean? Where do we go from here?

Thank you for reading.
Jessy

Re: New to Phase, with questions...

Post by Jessy »

what i have discovered in my little practice is that it is to have fun ,to enrich life
blessings!!
Rider

Post by Rider »

Hi, cenaculum!

As you can see, I am also new in this forum, this is my first post and I haven't read much, so I don't know if this is so abandoned as you say, it certainly appears to be so.

In regards to your question, I can say I was also a bit surprised when I read Raduga's opinion on what "The Phase" is. I read his book one or two weeks ago and I liked his pragmatic approach, but from my own experience I disagreed with him in that lucid dreaming is the same as conscious astral projection, or that the Phase is all a product of our subconscious. I think our subconscious undoubtedly takes part on the things we experience during the Phase, but there's also a real, objective "reality" outside of our minds.

Like you, I started to have spontaneous OBE's around two years ago, when I was meditating in a regular basis. I learned the techniques following the advice of other experiencers, had amazing results for some time, then just found myself too busy in real life and too tired to keep trying, though I'd like to get back... and that's when I read Raduga's book to see if I could find something new (not much, I must say).

My opinion is you shouldn't be influenced by what others think about what The Phase is. Can someone know anyway? We all have to see for ourselves and reach our own conclusions. I always have a lot of fun when I do it, that's all that matters.
The Phase documentary eludes to 'someone' cutting us off from the Phase. Any more on this? I have always assumed we forget, not that some control device is in play.
What do you exactly mean with this? That there are someone out there preventing us from doing it? I don't believe that's true at all, unless it's someone (human of course) who wants to control us telling us we must remain ignorant of the real "powers" or potentials of our minds. Always the same, like religions, trying to instill fear on us so that we do what they say, that is, being concerned about non-spiritual matters and not finding the truth by ourselves. That's all.

Nice talk anyway, hope to see you around to keep talking.
cenaculum

Post by cenaculum »

Hello Rider,

How nice to read your words. Perhaps we can keep this forum alive :)

As you said, I also disagree with the concept that the phase is only subconscious and has no reality beyond that. Robert Monroe spent many years mapping things and it is hard for me to believe all of that is error. I just don't have enough experience to know.

What I do know is the subconscious does play a large part in constructing the dream state. The trick, as far as I know, is to disallow the subconscious mind to invade the conscious attempts at lucidity. The term “slippery slope” is an excellent one for this. It is indeed slippery and one thought of Aunt Mary and your conscious dreaming is lost as your mind flows that way.

The only way that I can see to prevent slipping is to build up some significant skills in staying focused through simple meditation techniques. This incessant internal dialogue we have to contend with makes reality, for better or worse, and in the dream state it is a formidable foe.

As far as the control factor mentioned, I was just asking someone in the forum what Mr. Ruduga's thoughts were on that. In the documentary a small comment was made suggesting something might be keeping people back. I just wanted to know more. I personally do not believe in 'alien implants', etc.

As for this forum and the sudden end of discussion, I have seen this before on other forums. After a couple of years initial enthusiasm dies down. But I would like to think this particular topic can open one up for some really interesting experiences and has the potential for some deep inquiry, and in my mind, would perhaps be immune from people simply loosing interest, as opposed to say a forum about Vespa scooters.

Whatever the reasons, the silence here is telling me something, but I am not sure what.