Deferred Method without previous sound sleep?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
WhoIsLikeGod

Deferred Method without previous sound sleep?

Post by WhoIsLikeGod »

Hi,

As I'm implementing the Deferred Method in my night routine, I find that it might be disturbing my ability to enter The Phase in subsequent awakenings.

I'm not a "sound sleeper", I tend to wake up at least once or twice during the night if something noisy's happening in or around my house, which sadly is very common.

As a result, it's not common for me to get sound sleep for at least 6 hours straight.

When I apply the Deferred Method, I feel like I add one unnecessary sleep interruption and the subsequent awakenings, when I'm supposed to attempt the Indirect Methods, leave me groggy, tired, or "not in the mood" to try out the Techniques.

When sleeping poorly, it's better to do no techniques at all and await sound sleep, as opposed to spending all your time trying to snatch the phase from the jaws of a wearisome and hardly salvageable situation.

-Extract from "The Phase" p.203

This extract from the book "The Phase" is exactly what my situation is.

What do you guys would consider being the best way for me to solve this problem? Get rid of the Deferred Method and try to implement the Indirect Techniques during my common natural awakenings?
Maybe while getting used to get more sound sleep? Try to go to sleep more tired, increasing physical activities during the day?
Try out Serotonin Supplements or other remedies for easing sound sleep?

I'm fortunate enough to work with my own schedule, I don't have fixed routines and therefore I can spend a little more time in bed if I wish so, I can commit to The Phase but I need to find my own rhythm.
This might also be a downside, when I used to work 9 to 5 job my sleep was sound and I see how the Deferred Method would easily work with a tired body and mind.
Now my life is less stressful but at the same time I'm hardly exhausted as I go to sleep.

I'm a bit at a crossroad, before implementing the Deferred Method I had more chances to enter the Phase, I don't know if I should persist or go back to work with my natural awakenings.

Hope I explained myself clearly enough.

Thank you guys, looking forward to set a great Phase routine straight.