We May Have Discovered an Alien Civilisation!

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

We May Have Discovered an Alien Civilisation!

Post by Summerlander »

We may have found an alien civilisation light-years away! It looks like there are intelligently built structures orbiting another star in our galaxy. This is better than finding water on Mars! If these are Dyson spheres that we have found, then the aliens are far more advanced than us--Type 2 on the hypothetical Kardashev scale.

But seen as the star the structures orbit is close to 1,500 light-years away, what we are seeing today is the distant past; the aliens could, at present, be on their way to becoming Type 3 (beginning to harness energy from the galaxy)--if they haven't gone extinct. If they ever visit our planet, they will look like gods to us. 8-)

For those who reckon this is a sensationalist headline, I invite you to read Tabetha Boyajian's data--we are talking about NASA astrophysics here--detailing rotation period anomalies of the KIC846282 system. It is no wonder that scientists are taking the alien civilisation hypothesis very seriously: Tabby star's astronomic light curve suggests alien megastructures akin to Dyson spheres--possibly something like an epic system of solar panels placed around the yellow dwarf!

Tabby's star--which is a candidate for gravitationally holding Earth-like exoplanets--is about 454 parsecs away from us and cannot be seen by the naked eye; its unusual brightness changes were first thought to be caused by disintegrated comets in orbit, however, this hypothesis is loosing its ground as the light frequencies have become oddly irregular over time. Here's an excerpt from The Independent:

'The analysts tagged the star as "interesting" and "bizarre" because it was surrounded by a mass of matter in tight formation. This was consistent with the mass of debris that surrounds a young star just as it did with our sun before the planets formed. However, this star was not young and the "debris" must have been deposited around it fairly recently or it would have been clumped together by gravity--or swallowed by the star itself.'

SETI is going to see if they can detect intelligent signals from KIC846282; taking the Drake equation into account, by the way, just because a civilisation is highly advanced doesn't necessarily mean it will have the desire to reach out to galactic neighbours. (Even if they are humanoid like us--which is a possibility considering that they would have evolved in Earth-like environments with similar Darwinian selections.)
AstralOneironaut

Re: We May Have Discovered an Alien Civilisation!

Post by AstralOneironaut »

Hey summerlander, i have admired you for some time now and have finally decided to make an account so that i may speak with you personally (: How are you and things going with your phase experiences?

P.S. I really do hope we have discovered an alien civilization :D
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: We May Have Discovered an Alien Civilisation!

Post by Summerlander »

Hi, AstralOneironaut! I've definitely been meditating a lot more than entering the phase state lately, that's for sure. I have also been spending a lot of time reading about a smorgasbord of subjects. (Currently reading about submarine action during the Cold War and the Falklands conflict.) And, yes, knowing advanced aliens are out there for sure would be cool!