Realizing you're awake

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
berggg

Realizing you're awake

Post by berggg »

I have a problem when it comes to entering the phase using indirect technices. I've tried many times, with no success. To be able to enter the phase upon wakening one has to lay still, don't move your body, don't open the eyes and so on. My problem is that I don't realize that I'm awake before it's too late. I wake up, or I am almost awake, I move my body and maybe even open my eyes. An suddenly I realize, I'm awake, and I've been awake for some time. It's very hard for to know for how long I've been awake, but I just know when I realize I'm awake that I've been so for some time. I try to set an intention before I go to sleep (after 5-6 hours of sleep before that). I say to my self several times: "When I wake up again I'm gonna lay still, not move, not open my eyes, and I'm gonna leave my body".

What am I doing wrong? I know that it may tak some time to master this, but according to Raduga it normally want take much time if you follow the "recipe". And I really try to follow the recipe. It should also be mentioned that I have some experience with lucid dreaming. So being in the phase is not totally knew to me.
john_in_houston

Re: Realizing you're awake

Post by john_in_houston »

Therein lies the rub! You have correctly understood the technique. And you are on the right track.

I think we all have the same problem to one degree or another. The way I phrased it when it was tormenting me was, "I wake up, but it seems like I have been awake a long time already, and it is pointless to try leaving my body, because I know its too late to work."

The answer?

Very simple. Like Mike told me years ago, no matter what make your attempt! I don't care if it seems like you have been awake for 15 minutes. Often it just "seems" that way. And you really have just awoken mere seconds ago.

Make your attempt.

When you awaken, try first to separate for 3 to 5 seconds. If you don't feel any separation then start doing 2 or 3 techniques for 3 to 5 seconds each until you feel one of them start working. Alternate techniques for 1 minute, trying each 4 times. After one minute if neither technique works, go back to sleep and try again on your next awakening.

You are almost there!

Oh, one last thing. Only make an attempt 2 or 3 days out of a week. If you try more often than that it will hurt your chances of success.

Good Luck
John M
berggg

Re: Realizing you're awake

Post by berggg »

Ok. Thanks. I've not given up, and I'll follow your advices. What I'm fearing is that if I don't succeed soon, I'll start doubting that I'm able to master this and it all ends up as a self-fullfilling prophecy. On the other side, I know that the phase is real. I've had lucid dreams. That should help I guess.