seperated.. in a dream? + fouls

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
phaseme

seperated.. in a dream? + fouls

Post by phaseme »

Something wierd happened last nite. I had a strong intention to separate while dozing off at 6am, and I did successfully.. but it happened within a dream. Thats the wierd part.

There I am sitting on a chair in a familarish kitchen opposite a table full of girls from work (lol), im staring at the fridge and boom, i separate my body - enter my room and gain consciousness. It was lucid kind of.. but the intention to separate is what got to me - how did i do this in a dream?!?!

also, This is probably the 3rd or 4th time successfully i have entered the phase, each of them lasting only a few seconds or a minute. i ALWAYS foul. Last nite, i palpated, everything felt so real, then my intention was to meet an ex lover (which is usually always my intention) and I open the door - POW back in my bed. EVERYTIME!!!!!!! what am i missing? should I start with small intentions or what?

When I got back to my bed I tried to separate again- and it worked, and I ended up on the titanic (i remember thinking it was that) with an incredible view. I felt so tired as I hit the deck.. I looked into the ocean onto an amazing colourful metropolis as I palpated and pow back into my bed again.

Phasing always pisses me off because as it gets interesting I always get zapped back into bed. Whats going on here?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: seperated.. in a dream? + fouls

Post by Summerlander »

You sound like you need a good revision of The Phase guidebook. Revise techniques for deepening and maintaining. As for separating post-dream, it's quite common. As the brain activates itself back to waking consciousness from ordinary REM sleep, it passes through a stage where the chances for the phase state egression are quite high.

Try not to worry about fouling when you are in the phase. Just nonchalantly deepen as a duty when you enter (but do it passionately and pay attention to sensory amplification and enjoy it). If a foul occurs, not to worry: re-enter the phase as many times as you can until this option naturally expires.
phaseme

Post by phaseme »

Summerlander wrote:You sound like you need a good revision of The Phase guidebook. Revise techniques for deepening and maintaining. As for separating post-dream, it's quite common. As the brain activates itself back to waking consciousness from ordinary REM sleep, it passes through a stage where the chances for the phase state egression are quite high.

Try not to worry about fouling when you are in the phase. Just nonchalantly deepen as a duty when you enter (but do it passionately and pay attention to sensory amplification and enjoy it). If a foul occurs, not to worry: re-enter the phase as many times as you can until this option naturally expires.
Thanks for the reply - although when i meant i seperated in the dream i didnt mean POST dream.. i meant while i was actually IN the dream, i seperated and then became conscious in the phase state (in my room)... its almost as if i was thinking about seperating so much when i went to sleep, i did it in my dream instead of in my bed. is this possible?

as for deepening and maintaining, i feel like I always try but mess up. Maybe ur right, I just need to do it nonchalantly. I think sometimes i get in the phase and i panic as if i might go back in my body, so i palpate out of fear i will foul... and then I foul. bah.

thanks again, will read the book again as u advise.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Thanks for the reply - although when i meant i seperated in the dream i didnt mean POST dream.. i meant while i was actually IN the dream, i seperated and then became conscious in the phase state (in my room)... its almost as if i was thinking about seperating so much when i went to sleep, i did it in my dream instead of in my bed. is this possible?
I get it. Yeah, it's totally possible. Separation can happen while you are dreaming. It sounds like in this case auto-suggestion worked a treat. Once you become conscious while dreaming, whether separation occurs in the dream or not, you have succeeded in reaching the phase state. There is no need to return to the sleeping body in order to 'properly' separate.

Whatever method you have used to enter the phase, be that indirect, direct, or dream consciousness, the phase is the phase. All that remains to be done is to lucidly go about your business in the virtual world of the mind.

Good luck in your endeavours! 8)