Did I separate or was it a dream??

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
phaseme

Did I separate or was it a dream??

Post by phaseme »

Hey phasers.

So yesterday I had my first phase (finally) through an OBE but now im not sure if it was. Let me explain, and perhaps you can clarify for me.

I was in my bed and awoke with no movement, i quickly tried to separate with no success. Since it was my first time, the feeling of separation was new so i didnt know what i was doing... I quickly changed to the mobile phone technique. I imagined a phone in my hand, suddenly I felt vibrations. This was great, as this happened to me last time but i was unsuccessful in the long run. Slowly the vibrations died down and I became determined, I wanted to phase so I pushed myself. I recently had an issue with the battery in my phone and I remembered the sensations of playing around with it - these manifested in the phone technique and I could feel the battery - the vibrations came back.

I thought heck, lets try to separate... and I did. At least i think i did. It seemed way to easy. I got up ontop of my bed and knew it was the phase because it was dark even though it was morning and the sun was outside. I leaped off my bed and there was a purple tint in the room for some reason - also a gym mat I recently had put infront of my bed was no longer there. I immediately starting palpating, rubbing my hands the floor and even spitting on my hands to rub on my face... it felt quite real. I stopped palpating maybe too early, as I wanted to explore. I saw my body on my bed in an awkward position, my head was lying on the backboard of the bed. I thought let me pat myself on the head (I had no fear, very confident) and I did. Then i looked at the door and wanted to translocate. I thought of something and opened it --- and awoke in my bed.

However when I awoke i was very alert and didnt feel another separation would work. I noticed something... When i woke up.. It seemed like a dream. Although the sensations were real and I felt I had command during the phase, It just seemed so... dream like. Was it a phase or did I just dream (lucid?) the whole thing? Why did i return to my bed so quick? Why was it so easy to separate?

It just seems like such a weird experience... Im not sure If i did it correctly and im imagining the whole experience.

Any thoughts?
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Did I separate or was it a dream??

Post by NOVA »

Hi, Yes you phased, well done.
Separating is easy, we just tend to think it isn't. Getting our mind to the point of separating can be the tricky part.
It sounds like you had a false awakening when you woke up in bed, because you said it felt "dreamlike".
You did not mention if you awoke again ( a second time), so I am not positively
sure you had a false awakening.
I am not sure why we foul and return to our body when we think it is all going well and seem to have strong intension. Perhaps the most obvious is that we don't.
I remember thinking "this is awesome". No sooner had I thought it and I found myself back in bed. Probably no strong intension, although I felt confident enough that all was going well.
Keep on doing what you are doing, with strong intension.
Well done,
phaseme

Post by phaseme »

NOVA wrote:Hi, Yes you phased, well done.
Separating is easy, we just tend to think it isn't. Getting our mind to the point of separating can be the tricky part.
It sounds like you had a false awakening when you woke up in bed, because you said it felt "dreamlike".
You did not mention if you awoke again ( a second time), so I am not positively
sure you had a false awakening.
I am not sure why we foul and return to our body when we think it is all going well and seem to have strong intension. Perhaps the most obvious is that we don't.
I remember thinking "this is awesome". No sooner had I thought it and I found myself back in bed. Probably no strong intension, although I felt confident enough that all was going well.
Keep on doing what you are doing, with strong intension.
Well done,
Thank you for the kind words, I am happy too that I phased for the first time.

Just to clarify however, when i say it felt like a dream I was referring to the actual experience. I woke up in my bed thinking, wow was that a dream or an OBE? Even though i felt like I had consciousness during the phase and felt the vibrations before seperation, the dream like feeling enveloped me as I had always expected the phase to be extremely realistic. I guess more deepening and practicing is required.

Thanks for your input, this forum is very helpful as usual.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

On the question of whether it's an OOBE, lucid dream, astral projection etc. you might find this link interesting:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/ ... 14&t=13609