Busy Schedule

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
Kate

Busy Schedule

Post by Kate »

My schedule is tough, so the only time I can practice the indirect method is on the weekend. Moreover even though I can enter the phase 1-5 times on Friday night, I do not have enough strength/concentration/motivation to enter the phase on Saturday night - too tired. So, ideally I would like to setup at least one more day (Tue or Wed) when I can try to enter the phase. What should I do - use indirect method but there is a great chance that my daughter would mess up with that OR start trying direct method before bed? Also do you guys try LD at all? Thanks!
Vancouver Phase Club @ www.obeguide.com
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Busy Schedule

Post by NOVA »

Hi Kate, if you are referring to Lucid Dreams, they are same as the Phase. Once you become lucid in a dream you can or have entered the Phase.
Michael advises to stick to the indirecet method until you have mastered it. THen you are able try the direct method. He actually advises it very strongly. So continue with the indirect when you can also maybe try to enter the phase thru a Lucid DReam
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Nova is right. You should master the indirect method first. Dream consciousness is also easier than the direct method. Anyone who starts their practice with the direct method is usually headed for disappointment and stress. If you want to nail the indirect method it is good to keep what Michael Raduga said:

"Keep in mind that trying to immediately separate upon awakening is a skill of the utmost importance; one that is worth honing from the very beginning, never forgotten."

- Michael Raduga; "The Phase": page 219

Lucid dreaming - when you realise that you are dreaming while it's happening - is just another way to get into the phase state. As the following diagram illustrates, OOBEs and lucid dreams are part of the same hybrid state of mind:

Kate

Post by Kate »

Thanks for your reply. Guys, I am OK with delayed indirect method (>20 planned experiences), I just:
1. Do not have more than 1 day per week for the proper setup - early to bed, no need to wake up at specific time.
2. Cannot seem to succeed if I try 2 days in a row.
So, my question was - what would be your second option? A week day with:
1. Trying indirect which may be interrupted and therefore fail?
2. Trying direct before bed?
3. Concentrating on Lucid Dreaming?
Sorry, if I was not clear.
PS. I've read all Michael's books :)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I think, for you, concentrating on the dream consciousness method is ideal for now.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Summerlander wrote:I think, for you, concentrating on the dream consciousness method is ideal for now.
Thank you, Summerlander. Would you also do it as a delayed method (sleep for 6-7 hours, wake up, back to sleep again)? Or just work on anchors and other stuff and see if it shows up spontaneously? I haven't read Laberge's book yet - should I or Raduga's instructions are enough? Thanks again!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Both authors essentially propound what is required. Both are practical and trustworthy. I'd say Raduga is enough when it comes to the dream consciousness method but LaBerge has also written extensively about the tactics he devised regarding the Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams. Have a look at both as both have useful advice to offer as well as interesting literature. I would say that you need not look any further than these two.

Focus on anchors and getting into the habit of questioning reality if you're applying the dream consciousness method instead of the indirect method. Applying dream consciousness in a deferred way is optional but not required.

Good luck!