Dream? Right?

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
SuperGamer54321

Dream? Right?

Post by SuperGamer54321 »

I'm really confused about my experience two days ago, what happened was I woke up and remembered to separate immediately, and it worked I was in the phase, I started deepening than I looked at the tip of my finger to make sure I was in and everything felt weird so it was good enough for me. I jumped right through the wall and flew, last I remember I was flying over some snowy places and landed at a beach. Than I don't know what happened, its like I knew I was experiencing an obe but that didn't change my state of mind. I guess I was in control but I wasn't. The setting was playing itself out and there was a zombie and I was afraid, than I remembered that it was an obe so I got away from that setting but everywhere I flew it was another dream playing itself out and I got angrier and angrier because I knew in an obe you are in full control and have all of your senses. I can't remember feeling the wind or anything, and it didn't seem like I was in control because it just felt like everywhere I flew it was just another dream playing itself out. Than I just suddenly woke up as if I had a dream about waking up and having an obe and not actually having an obe. But I normally don't remember dreams at all, let alone this vividly. So I am very confused, any opinions :-\ ???
Happy Travels!!!
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dream? Right?

Post by 12padams »

So many times I see this question and this type of experience which I have labeled a "Simulated Phase Experience". Due to the amount of people having problems with the state of consciousness involving the person knowing and acting lucid yet not really being lucid I have given it a name. My name for this "dreaming of being lucid" level of consciousness is "Simulated Lucidity".

If you wanna know more about this state of consciousness (Simulated Lucidity) and how to distinguish it from the real thing you should check out this article: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=0

Remember to link others to it if they have similar questions instead of continuously explaining it over and over like I did before I wrote that full descriptive article of Simulated lucidity and Simulated Phase Experiences.

Good Luck SuperGamer :)
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
SuperGamer54321

Post by SuperGamer54321 »

Thanks!!  ;D ;D
Happy Travels!!!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

There are many levels to what happened here.  We must bear in mind that the phase is not a fixed state.  It tends to fluctuate between wakefulness, dreaming and unconsciousness.  Our goal, of course, is to maintain a steady and enduring optimal phase state - this comes with practice!

Setting the simulated phase phenomenon aside, it is also possible to have full-fledged phase experiences and have a poor recall of them.  If this is the case, then it is wise to start recording ordinary dreaming in a dream journal as this will promote an excellent memory of conscious experience during sleep.  Undeniably, a good memory of dreaming boosts your chances of entering the phase via dream consciousness and will also help you to have a good recall of phase experiences themselves.  Here's a relevant excerpt from the "Lucid Dreaming" section of this site by Michael Raduga:

"...there is a direct correlation between the number of dreams remembered and the probability of becoming conscious while dreaming. That is why developing the ability to remember dreams is crucial. In essence, the ability to achieve dream consciousness rests with the conscious mind, which is very much interconnected with memory-related processes.

Consciousness is naturally inherent in dreams, but it lacks rapid, operative memory. Dreamers may know who they are, their names, how to walk, and how to talk, but may not know how surrounding events are related, or the nature of their significance.

By increasing the frequency of remembered dreams, short-term dream memory becomes more developed, which enables more realistic dream experiences followed by a higher probability of dream consciousness.

There are three techniques dedicated to increasing the number of remembered dreams.

The first is to simply recall the details of dreams upon awakening. Within the first few minutes of waking up, try to remember as many dreams from the night before as possible. This should be done with a great amount of attention and diligence because this exercise strengthens the memory. If possible, during the day, or, better yet, before going to sleep at night, recalling the previous night’s dreams once again is highly beneficial.

Writing dreams down in a special dream journal is much more effective than simple recall. Record dreams in the morning while memories are still fresh. The more details recalled when recording the dream, the better the ultimate results. This is a very attentive approach that demands a higher awareness than simple recollection. Writing dreams in a journal significantly increases awareness of actions and aspirations."
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.