Re: Phase through hypnosis

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
phasemancer

Phase through hypnosis

Post by phasemancer »

Is it possible to enter the Phase through hypnosis?

I have read a lot about hypnosis lately, including scientific papers, and I see some incredible claims including inducement of LSD and MDMA drug experiences in controlled studies, various hallucinations etc. Then I also see those who claim that these experiences aren't actually true hallucinations with a completely real feeling, and that the subjects overrate their experience because of confirmation bias, so I'm not sure what to believe.

I have been able to find a few website claiming to have products for entering the Phase by hypnosis.

One is by a hypnotist named Talmadge Harper, who claims his course for supposedly learning to enter the Phase at will by saying a keyword. Of course these mp3s do not help you enter the Phase, even if the Phase can be entered through hypnosis. The course can be found here http://www.shop.talmadgeharper.com/Hypn ... Worlds.htm

Here's some other stuff by another hypnotist, Steve Jones.
http://www.stevegjones.com/astralprojection.htm
http://www.mindpowernews.com/AstralTravelNow.htm

I'm a bit skeptical, but it would be very awesome if it was in fact possible.

Has anyone tried? Does anyone know of any other websites or information regarding entering the Phase through hypnosis?

What are your thoughts? Is it possible that hypnosis can be used as an efficient direct technique for entering the Phase at any time during the day?
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

With a bit of googling I found that customers of Talmadge Harper's shop can blog about their experiences. I'm reading through some of them now to see if someone writes something that suggests whether this can be used for the Phase or not.

http://www.hypnosiserotica.com/index.ph ... Itemid=170
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Steve g jones... He does one thing well and that's increasing your confidence because he promises his course will work 100% even when I tried it and failed yet succeeded with other methods. It's important to note that I didn't do it properly however as it involves a lot more than simply listening to his CDs. He goes about clearing your chakras so that you can then raise your kundalini which is an energy source that can power your energy body and make you enter the phase at will according to him.

Try it out if you want but for me it required too much dedication in stuff I barely believed in. It's quite interesting to listen to however if that's all you get from it. Other than that however guided hypnosis doesn't work so well because on the way to entering the phase your physical hearing needs to switch off... How are you supposed to continue the exercise if that happens? It's pretty hard to get to that stage as well because the audio will just chain you to the physical world anyway.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

There is more reliable information about these subjects in SOBT.  Some substances and technologies can certainly help to induce the state but none are as intense as what you can get by yourself through your own efforts.

Hypnosis can also work and there are some paragraphs dedicated to this in the guidebook.  Then again, ordinary methods for entering the phase, all by yourself, are a form of self-hypnosis.  Take Stephen LaBerge's MILD method, for example... ways of entering the phase like this one are very clear on relying on memory and suggestion.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

When it comes to all that chakra stuff I believe it actually should be helpful. After reading some books by Robert Bruce I'm quite sure its basically just that you learn to focus your attention on the body and additionally learn to imagine sensations at the point where you are focusing your attention. This may make actions such as phantom wiggling easier. I haven't come too far with experimenting with this yet though, so I can't say for sure.
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

In SOBT, it says that only 1% of the population highly hypnotizable. The number is actually higher, but even so, hypnotizability can be changed and probably improved[1]. The question whether hypnosis is a viable way to reach the Phase still remains though, so I now have an mp3 which I'm supposed to listen for one hour a day for a month to supposedly be able to "astral project" while listening to it. I'm going on holiday now I won't have time to listen this much to it now, but I will post back to this thread if I am able to reach the Phase with it. If you don't see any more posts here in a few months I guess it didn't work for me :p

1. Fassler, O., Lynn, S. J. and Knox, J. 2008. Is hypnotic suggestibility a stable trait?. Consciousness and Cognition: An International Journal, 17: 240–253.