Re: How long should i keep with a technique?

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
clearchoice84
PHASER
PHASER

How long should i keep with a technique?

Post by clearchoice84 »

Hey everyone, I was wondering, how long should u continue with a technique after its starts to produce some effect.  For example sometimes after an awakening i may cycle through some techiques and sometimes i may start to see images behind my closed eyes. How long should i keep looking? Am i supposed to feel a seperation from my physical body?

Or sometimes while cycling through techniques my body feels so heavy and numb.. Observing images comes easy at this point.. Sometimes phantom wiggling does too. this seems to happen like every night and every morning now.. i feel like my mind is very awake, but at the same time even though my body is very numb and heavy i am still very aware of it.. When practicing the phase and trying to enter, should you be very aware of your physical body?

Lasty, alot of times, either when going to bed or when im waking up, i start to hear a high pitch sound in my ears, what does this mean? should i focus in on it? Am I getting close? What should I do?

Please help.

P.s.  I know that i shoul not be practing techniques before sleep, untill you have masterd indirect techniques. I have'nt been. But since reading the book and the forum, I seem to think about before bed.  Sometimes because i think about the techniques it seems like they start to work, such as the image viewing.  I just want to experience it and im not sure what i should do..
Thanks again everyone... :)
Knowledge is Everything! To know is to be conscious!
Know thyself!
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

Do you go into sleep paralysis after hearing that high pitch noise? If so, you should just do the direct method cuz when you're in sleep paralysis, all you have to do is lie there and you'll go into a phase.
clearchoice84
PHASER
PHASER

Post by clearchoice84 »

yeah sometimes i go into what i think might be sleep paralysis.. im not sure if it is trully sleep paralysis but i can tell you that my physical body is super numb and super heavy. I wonder if there is anything about this in the sobt...
Know thyself!
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

It should be easy to tell if you're in sleep paralysis. No matter how hard you try to move, you can't. You're literally paralysed. You can wiggle your toes and move your neck slightly but thats about it. You get bombarded by hallucinations too.
clearchoice84
PHASER
PHASER

Post by clearchoice84 »

Ah very welll.  Then the answer is yes. i get sleep paralysis all the time. I never new quite what sp was. Some people get scared ive heard when sp sets in.  but i rather enjoy that deep, numb, heavy, cant move feeling.. i guess its just me.

When you say hallucinations, do you mean like a ton of images and or thoughts as a result from an alert mind? Because for me, alot of times when i get sp, my mind is like super alert. Do you think this is favorable for the phase?
What do you think we should do at this point?
Know thyself!
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

Yeah sleep paralysis is fun but the phase is way better because you can move around and do stuff. The hallucinations can be all kinds of different things. I feel things jabbing me in the back, cats clawing my legs, dogs biting my hands, I hear voices, music and all kinds of other things. Strangely enough, I don't get visual hallucinations. When I open my eyes, I just see my room, when I close them I just see black. Other people get visual hallucinations. Lots of people see an old hag and/or shadow man that strangles them. One guy actually gets raped by this shadow man. It sounds funny but it must be pretty horrifying getting raped by a hallucination. Heres an interesting documentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMUz8RAjks
I've had sleep paralysis so many times, I know its nothing to be scared of.
HannahPres

Post by HannahPres »

yeah sometimes i go into what i think might be sleep paralysis.
Amazing deal for buy dvd player is availabel any time you need!