Re: Indirect Methods Really Aren't So Cut and Dry - Need Help Please

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Indirect Methods Really Aren't So Cut and Dry - Need Help Please

Post by Th3TruthizInThere »

I am really struggling with using cycles of indirect techniques. I always defer my wake up time to early in the morning before I ever try to attempt them. Here is where things get confusing.

In the course of falling asleep, I will suddenly find myself with the sensation that I was not aware of what was going on, or may even have had a drift of consciousness to where there was visual dream quality and had "come back to my awareness". Since I don't know if this is considered an "awakening" I go ahead and start the indirect methods. While I'm doing this, I may lose that awareness again and come back to it. At that point, I have no idea how much time has passed, whether I was asleep, whether I have practiced indirect techniques for more or less than 2 minutes, etc.

To be safe, I will assume that I was asleep, and I start the cycle of indirect techniques all over again. So far, during this time, all that has happened so far is I either go deeply asleep, or I have that loss of awareness again in various degrees. In all honesty, it is really rare that my consciousness is able to SURVIVE beyond 2 cycles of indirect techniques.

So far my greatest successes with this phase have been with LDs, but I would really like to get familiar with separation too. Does anyone have some suggestions or guidance for me?
Harmless as Doves... Wise as Serpents!
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

I have the same problem. I agree it is not black and white. I don't know how to solve the problem.
Tyana
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Tyana »

Th3TruthizInThere wrote: I am really struggling with using cycles of indirect techniques. I always defer my wake up time to early in the morning before I ever try to attempt them. Here is where things get confusing.

In the course of falling asleep, I will suddenly find myself with the sensation that I was not aware of what was going on, or may even have had a drift of consciousness to where there was visual dream quality and had "come back to my awareness". Since I don't know if this is considered an "awakening" I go ahead and start the indirect methods. While I'm doing this, I may lose that awareness again and come back to it. At that point, I have no idea how much time has passed, whether I was asleep, whether I have practiced indirect techniques for more or less than 2 minutes, etc.

To be safe, I will assume that I was asleep, and I start the cycle of indirect techniques all over again. So far, during this time, all that has happened so far is I either go deeply asleep, or I have that loss of awareness again in various degrees. In all honesty, it is really rare that my consciousness is able to SURVIVE beyond 2 cycles of indirect techniques.

So far my greatest successes with this phase have been with LDs, but I would really like to get familiar with separation too. Does anyone have some suggestions or guidance for me?
Hi Th3TruthizInThere,

Here is what I can suggest. Next time you practice, when you find yourself in what you call "come back to my awareness" state, try to separate immediately. Immediate separation is the first thing we do before even starting cycles of indirect techniques. So try to fly up, roll off of the bed, get up, go somewhere - just think about this action... strong intent is often enough...

I once was practicing but was very thursty so I was practicing and debating should I continue practice or go have a glass of water... I ended up getting up and going to the kitchen only to realize that it was not my kitchen :) it was nto even a kitchen, for that matter :)  so my intent did the trick of separation ... hope this helps. Good luck!
"Work hard, dream big, and NEVER STOP trying"
Vancouver Phase Club @ http://www.obeguide.com
The first Phase workshop in Vancouver BC http://www.obeguide.com/introduction-to-the-phase/