Re: Th3TruthisInThere Phase Experience: The Good, The Bad, and the SEXY!!!

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Th3TruthisInThere Phase Experience: The Good, The Bad, and the SEXY!!!

Post by Th3TruthizInThere »

Nota Bene: There are details of my sexual phase experiences that I cannot  post in THIS blog out of respect for forum rules. Beginning from April 20th, 2012, I will be fleshing out the details at >>>> th3truthizinthere.blogspot.com

I first became interested in the phase experience (termed astral travel at the time) when I was 19 years old, several years ago. My guidance was an audio cassette by a guy named Rick Stack who had a thick New York accent. I remember him talking about direct techniques and how learning the skill of leaving your body and flying around town was much easier than learning how to play tennis, but considerably more difficult than learning Parcheesi.

He spoke about how you wanted to watch your body go to sleep and become aware in the hypnagogic state where you might hear weird sounds and see right through your eyelids. Your body would likely be unable to move. I put the instruction to work right away, and caught myself in the hypnagogic state very early in the morning- but I was stuck in a sleep paralysis rolled against my wall unable to move, and still unable to separate. I have had great difficulty with this concept of conscious separation.

Later that same year, I visited Sedona, AZ USA. The draw here was that there was a strong Native American and New Age following in this resort area, and I wanted to see what it was all about. I visited some new age shops in the area along with some points where I and my foster brother had been told there were energy vortexes. One of my purchases there was something called a dream pillow which was packed with some kind of herbs and was supposed to help with astral travel. That night, we slept in the car at the foot of an area that led to the point of where one one of the energy vortexes were supposed to be.

At some point during the night I recall "dreaming" that I was walking up to the back of my car. I remember mischievously thinking, "push it!" The effect of this was that inside the car, in my physical body it felt like I had been rammed from behind by another vehicle which jolted me immediately awake. In all fairness though, my foster brother was still sleeping like a baby, so the likelihood of a physical jarring of that intensity was unlikely. Perhaps what was so realistically jarring was felt at a personal internal level. It was a very notable experience.

I had a number of lucid dreams during that period, some of which could have been interpreted as either coincidence, or guided spiritual learning. I am not going to go into detail here about that- at least not yet. One reason is because I'm intrigued, though skeptical about 12padams post regarding Tony and the expanded Phase experience being more than just an internal recreation and awareness. I have had what could be construed as teachers or guides while in the phase, and I have had some people in my life who have claimed to be teachers or spiritual guides.

At this point I feel like the physical people are just in need of attention and want to feel special (we all do), and those within the phase were probably my own creations (because I wanted to feel extraordinary). I will say that there are specific, strong, spiritual guide associations- so 12padams, since you are eager to thoroughly research the phase, you are welcome to have Tony (phanes) reveal what those are.

There are specific, formative and strong events, memories, and impressions that if they are real, and if Tony is real, he should be able to determine. To be clear, I am not in any way trying to make a mockery of this- I really want to know. On the flip side, I also don't want you to be misled or disillusioned by someone who is feeding you a line of bull, because that is how I felt eventually felt after I came to my senses and matured a bit more. Just be careful how much you believe in someone. It is great to act in faith, but I think it is just too much to act in BLIND faith. I think Mr. Raduga would even feel better about life if the phase turned out to be more than just an internal communication with the subconscious. We all would.

Moving on-- as the years have gone by I would say that my greatest successes phase-wise have been lucid dreaming- though now that I have learned about deepening and maintaining I am hoping for much richer experiences. I have also had a few occasions where in a somewhat "dreamy" state of mind, I have felt myself separate.

There was one single occasion when I was 20 where it seemed I was conscious just after waking up in the morning, then it seemed like just my head separated and was floating in place about a foot from my face. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak and I was just frozen in place. It freaked me out. I was looking around the room (where at the particular time I was surrounded by other people in bunks) and was screaming for someone to wake me up because I was in a panic about being frozen. I'm not consciously sure of how I rejoined- my guess is that time just passed and it happened. That was a really bizarre experience.

A common sensation in both "dreamy" and conscious separation is that in my experience there is 1) INTENSE vibration, almost like a constant electric shock 2) a perception of pink or purple clouds or merging colors- like a lava lamp. As I see these I often think of my perceived body head is one of these lava lamp-blobs and is floating from inside my physical head to outside of it. 3) A "hissing" sound as separation is taking place, accompanied by or followed by the sensation you get in your ears when you put your head underwater.

Flash forward to present day-Recent developments causing me to lose my religion and question the true nature of being led me to revisit OBEs. I was very excited to find MR's Guidebook on OBE's and read it eagerly except for the section designated for advanced practitioners.  Since I have gone through it, along with the instructional videos, I have practiced about 6 days and in those experienced three short lucid dreams one of which I just became aware and started deepening techniques (but it was the MIDDLE of the night and I may have been too tired), the the vision and light increased but then sent me back to my body. While have "dreamy" and headed to my body, I protested and started a thrashing rotation to get back out again. I remember seeing purple and having the sensation that I had physically spun in the air at least twice. I was then in a situation where I had nearly no vision, and when I tried to palpitate to receive vision, I saw what looked like a floor full of giant white tiles (like you would see in a sliding puzzle) starting to come into view. About the time I was trying to start peering- I woke up.

I have practiced using doors and doorways (any door with hinges) as an anchor for lucid dreams and to internally question "Am I dreaming?". This has not really shown a benefit yet because the next two lucid dreams I had were alerted by the action of flying. The first time I was headed toward a window and knew I needed to deepen so I took the time to land and try to palpitate. I started getting sucked back to my body so I grabbed an armful of weeds and clenched them to my chest. This resulted in me finding myself in my darkened hallway at home. Again I tried to deepen to gain vision and this time woke up completely. My other dream was the same way, except I landed on a roof, and before I could even start to palpitate someone in reality thought that a breakfast burrito notification was more important than my sleep and woke me up by knocking on my door.  GRrrrrrrrr...  >:(

So here it is today, I'm holding off of attempting indirect or direct techniques until Thursday, but will practice them individually for drilling purposes. I will still take advantage of lucid dreams for my phase plan of action if I can ever get stabilized. I have a question entered in about lucid dreaming counting toward the 3 day per week recommended limit. As far as I know, this just applies to indirect and probably direct techniques. I am really hoping to experience a conscious separation- I can get all kinds of sensations going, especially auditory-- but it seems no matter how weird or floaty I feel, If I try to separate, the flesh frame comes with. I know I HAVE GOT TO BE SO CLOSE!!!  :o

Another discussion topic I have asked for feedback on is regarding how I feel in the day following attempts to enter the phase. My head feels like there is a rushing sound in it, my ears ring, and I feel more prone to "tingle" in my body, especially in my head. That was yesterday, but today these sensations are far less intense.

So there it is- my background and beginnings and how things are starting off for me using MR's techniques. I will post more experiences as they take place and with all of this out of the way, it should be much shorter. Happy flying everyone!
Last edited by Th3TruthizInThere on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harmless as Doves... Wise as Serpents!
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: In the Beginning

Post by 12padams »

Nice job... You really sound like your off to a good start.
There are specific, formative and strong events, memories, and impressions that if they are real, and if Tony is real, he should be able to determine. To be clear, I am not in any way trying to make a mockery of this- I really want to know. On the flip side, I also don't want you to be misled or disillusioned by someone who is feeding you a line of bull, because that is how I felt eventually felt after I came to my senses and matured a bit more. Just be careful how much you believe in someone. It is great to act in faith, but I think it is just too much to act in BLIND faith.
Yes tony is real... Why would I lie about him?
Anyway what tony has provided me with is an actual purpose. My life right now truthfully is not worth living because I have so many physical problems with me that I may as well just give up now. Tony is what's been keeping me going and within 2 months I will personally know what he's saying is true and within 2 years the whole world will know.

The problem is that what he's saying is so far fetched that I just can't easily believe it. Right now it's the only thing keeping me going however so really I have no choice but to do what he says even if it currently seems morally wrong to me. Luckily I don't need to do anything until its proven to me that it's all real... If it's not real I technically can't do anything.

I thank you for your concern but really I now realize that nobody can help me. No-one knows what I know unless they are a chosen one and I am not allowed to tell anyone anything. It's a hard position I've been put in now but it looks like I just have to endure life until its either over or until what tony says comes true. Hopefully the 2nd will happen because I don't know how much longer I can take this...

Anyway thats enough about tony and I. I really know what you mean by being unable to separate without moving your physical body. I even jumped out of bed while a dream was fading in front of my eyes... And I physically jumped out of bed even though I was practically seeing the dream.
At some point during the night I recall "dreaming" that I was walking up to the back of my car. I remember mischievously thinking, "push it!" The effect of this was that inside the car, in my physical body it felt like I had been rammed from behind by another vehicle which jolted me immediately awake. In all fairness though, my foster brother was still sleeping like a baby, so the likelihood of a physical jarring of that intensity was unlikely. Perhaps what was so realistically jarring was felt at a personal internal level. It was a very notable experience.
Ah yes this happened to my mum. She was a teen and floated out of her body. She looked down and touched her physical body's head lying on the bed. As soon as she touched her head she awoke and felt a hand touching her head for a second.

Anyway good luck with your future phases :)
Last edited by 12padams on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Re: In the Beginning

Well, I hope this is how I'm supposed to keep adding to this Blog.(Reply?) Anyway, I still am not scheduled for an indirect method phase attempt until tomorrow night, but I still stated an affirmation that when seeing an anchor in my dream (doors, doorways, or women) I would become lucid. I also set an affirmation that I was going to practice the motions of the wiggling technique. I think I got five or six wiggle visualizations on my right hand and I was OUT.

I guess on the bright side, my ability to fall asleep anywhere, anytime may prove to be an advantage for for forced falling asleep and for direct techniques once I have gotten some more experience (I still would have liked to have a lucid dream last night though). Short and sweet.  Happy flying everyone! 8)
Last edited by Th3TruthizInThere on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Th3TruthisInThere blogs Past, Present, and Future of Phase Experimentation

I got out last night- but alas, only briefly. It was totally unintended, but the circumstances I found myself in could not be wasted. I laid down about 10:15 pm and affirmed that I was going to practice the phantom wiggling technique for a few minutes before actually going to sleep. I also affirmed that while sleeping I would recognize the cues of doors, doorways, and women to cause me to question whether I was dreaming.

I read through all of Wiii's blog yesterday and started reading Luna's as well- but in Wiii's blog, Mr. Raduga left a comment abou t how memory of your plan of action and time could be preserved by deepening and maintaining while on your way to pursuing the plan of action. That really resonated with me, so last night, in addition to my regular affirmation, I included that I would begin deepening and maintaining as I pursued my specific plan of action (POA?)

I remember relaxing my hand and trying to sense movement of the perceived body in my hand through about six to ten repetitions, then I had the sense that I just fell asleep. There was one time when I felt a faint sense of awakening and remembered that I wanted to practice the phantom wiggling in my hand, so I chalked it up to having a conscious lapse and resumed the wiggling. I sensed that I fell asleep again, then rose back to a sort of hazy consciousness. I resumed the hand wiggling and noticed I felt all floaty and was feeling vibrations and a hazy disconnectedness. It felt like the perfect time to flail, and roll, and do whatever I had to to get out of my body.

I remember lifting upward from my torso and head and felt sort of like a balloon getting tapped up into the air. I couldn't quite get out, so I vigorously twisted toward my side of the the bed. I still couldn't get out, so I rotated past at least 360 degrees and finally just sort of drifted off of my bed to the floor. I was so excited and remembered at least the first thing on my POA list. I walked out my door into the hallway and was bummed because everything was really dim. I yelled out "I need sight" but it wasn't very convincing, and there was only a minor improvement. I walked into the room across the hall anyway, but because of the sexual nature of this agenda I think I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to stay in the phase that I fouled. I immediately tried to launch myself back out of bed, but the meat puppet hitched a ride too. Dmn it!

Since I was up anyway, I answered natures call and started back to bed. My wife scared the hell out of me going "What's wrong!!!!" (She does this all the time, often half-asleep). I told her nothing was. She said she had been calling my name over and over and I didn't respond. I reminded her that I wear earplugs because of her snoring and went back to bed hoping to keep up the momentum, especially since it was only midnight!

Unfortunately, she would freak out about the very idea of my phase practicing, so she was oblivious to my intentions to re-enter it. She rolled over and put her arm over me. Grrrrrr...  >:(  Eventually she rolled away and I repeated my affirmations, but even though I practiced phantom wiggling again for a few repetitions, I ended up just going into a dream state. All I can remember is that it was like I am watching a movie. There is a woman in it, but it doesn't trigger as an anchor. It has something to to with this guy who makes all these financial sacrifices and otherwise until he finally is in a really bad state- then the woman acts like she acknowledges his difficulties and offers him 15.00 like it is a really huge deal.

I will try again tonight. This time when I get out, I will palpate until I can see clearly enough to peer as I move to my first POA and will try to be more confident in staying in the phase, regardless of the agenda. I would really like to get through at least the first item on my POA. When I feel myself waking up tonight, I will try to FFA before attempting to roll back out or otherwise. Also I will be more vigilant about verifying I am in physical reality by staring at my finger for 5-10 seconds. I was definitely in physical reality when I thought I was last night, but I see this is a good rule of thumb to make sure I take advantage of false awakenings. Happy Flying everyone!  8)
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

My narrow window of phase practicing last night was shaping up to be a disappointing venture, but actually turned out far more rewarding than I expected. I set my alarm for 3 am and went to bed at 9:30. Before going to sleep I spoke my affirmations and felt the intention and desire to enter the phase state and to pursue my POA. It is becoming more an more apparent how important these last two feelings are.

In looking back, I may have goofed because I practiced phantom wiggling before I went to sleep, and I think the guidebook states that you shouldn't practice a technique the night before you will be using it for deferred phase entry. I woke up numerous times- most of the time after sort of dips in consciousness rather than full-on sleep. This makes it kind of confusing to know when you should do the FFA and roll out or start indirect techniques because I lose certainty of whether I was really sleeping.

At any rate, I was struggling with FFA anyway because even though I wear earplugs, my wife was snoring so loud that it was coming right through them. I find that when I'm just trying to sleep unconsciously, I can usually tune this out pretty good if I go to sleep before she does, but for phase entry, this is just total sabotage to the process. When the alarm went off at 3:00 I got up, answered nature, had a drink of water and stayed up for about 10 minutes. I set the alarm again for 5 am to get up for work. I then added another pillow and elevated my head more as a signal to my body that I want to do something more than just sleep.

The snoring was just unbearable, so I woke her up to tell her that I had to go out of the room to sleep. That was about 3:45 am. After getting settled in the family room I realized that I had totally forgotten about the kids getting up earlier than us for their school routine, and I forgot about the whiny dog too who always thinks he's starving and in the middle of a famine. I remembered clearly though once they all started coming out.

I was pretty annoyed and frustrated at not having a space where I could really relax and drift. I stubbornly held onto the hope that somehow I could enter the phase despite all this if I pretended that the noises were the normal ones that you would hear when doing the listening in technique. I covered my head and turned sideways to try to get to sleep before the alarm went off.

The details are hazy, but the next thing I remember I must have walked into a big public restroom or something, because while I was washing my hands and looking in the mirror, I noticed I was too thin, and my hair was a different style and color. Way too sexy to be me.  :o

The alert state hit me immediately and I instantly remembered my POA. I envisioned myself in the hallway at my house and palpated the walls all the way down. I walked through the door across the hall but the bed there was empty. I tried to do the finding by turning around technique, and it didn't work, so I imagined the bed occupied, and when I turned back around- IT WAS!

Now I knew that you don't want to waste time in the phase, but in addition to this I knew that my alarm was going to go off at any time now. So despite wanting to be able to spend more sensory time aside from palpating with this sensual partner lying naked in the bed, I knew I had to move things along. Things were not as bright or clear as I would have liked them to be, but there was no absence of stimulation. The encounter was very powerful and was accompanied by a powerful physical release (which I was also prepared for). Beats the hell out of self-manipulation! I tell you, if more detailed descriptions were allowed here I could start a "Phasehouse Forum" :o. But alas...  :-X

I woke up and picked up my alarm which read 4:58 am. Not a bad ending at all for what began as a frustrating practicing period! I must say though that I'm dreading how I will be able to handle my practice period tonight because this is the one period when I can actually sleep in. If I stay in my room, I will probably be kept grounded by snoring, and if I go out of the room, I probably won't be able to sleep uninterrupted after as early as 7 am. I hope I can figure out how to still be able to maximize this time for phase experimentation. Happy Flying everyone!  8)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

It was totally unintended, but the circumstances I found myself in could not be wasted. I laid down about 10:15 pm and affirmed that I was going to practice the phantom wiggling technique for a few minutes before actually going to sleep. I also affirmed that while sleeping I would recognize the cues of doors, doorways, and women to cause me to question whether I was dreaming.
Hold on a minute... the time that you went down to enter the phase was 10:15 pm?  Was there any prior sleep.  Does that mean that you were trying the direct method?  Why not try the easier version of the direct method which is the deferred one?

Or, why not stick to indirect attempts or entrance via dream consciousness for now?  It is definitely a short cut you'll be taking if you attempt an entry upon awakening.  Michael Raduga is not the only one who thinks so.  Alan Worsely is one of the world's most experienced lucid dreamers and this is the advice he gives for people who have just awakened and want to lucidly return to dreamland:

"Lie very still and don't move a muscle!  Relax and wait and the dream content will return.  I've had dozens of lucid dreams with this method."
There is a woman in it, but it doesn't trigger as an anchor. It has something to to with this guy who makes all these financial sacrifices and otherwise until he finally is in a really bad state- then the woman acts like she acknowledges his difficulties and offers him 15.00 like it is a really huge deal.
Hmmm...
The details are hazy, but the next thing I remember I must have walked into a big public restroom or something, because while I was washing my hands and looking in the mirror, I noticed I was too thin, and my hair was a different style and color. Way too sexy to be me.
Yep!  You were definitely dreaming there!  ;D

Good work and keep it up!  8)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Summerlander wrote:Hold on a minute... the time that you went down to enter the phase was 10:15 pm?  Was there any prior sleep.  Does that mean that you were trying the direct method?  Why not try the easier version of the direct method which is the deferred one?
So here is what was up. I was not trying to do Direct OR Indirect techniques- I was just trying to practice the motions of the wiggling technique. I did give myself affirmations that I would enter the phase through an LD, because to the best of my understanding, it just isn't recommended to practice indirect and/or direct techniques more than 3-4 times per week. I started a topic under the Questions section of the forum on this and have yet to get any kind of response. When I came back to my senses I couldn't tell whether I had just zoned out (which is not uncommon for me to do before I fall asleep) or whether I had actually been fully asleep- It felt like I just zoned off, so I was just trying to resume my wiggling exercise when things got floaty- since it was there, I thought I'd be a fool to waste it.
Summerlander wrote:Or, why not stick to indirect attempts or entrance via dream consciousness for now?  It is definitely a short cut you'll be taking if you attempt an entry upon awakening.  Michael Raduga is not the only one who thinks so.  Alan Worsely is one of the world's most experienced lucid dreamers and this is the advice he gives for people who have just awakened and want to lucidly return to dreamland:

"Lie very still and don't move a muscle!  Relax and wait and the dream content will return.  I've had dozens of lucid dreams with this method."
So let me just clarify- you are saying that using this method of just lying still and relaxing will put me into an LD?  That sounds like a great place to start- even before indirect techniques- has it worked well for you?

I just got through Wiii and Luna's blogs cover to cover, and now I'm working on yours. LOL, you tend to write books like me. I'm excited about this whole new perspective on everything and am doing all I can to catch up and get plugged in.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and help.  I really appreciate it! It's just good karma  8)
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

One lackluster phase entry early this morning. I went to bed about 10:15 and woke up about 2 minutes before my 4 am  alarm. I did my affirmations before I went to bed and before I went back to sleep about 4:25. I became conscious in a floaty dreamy state of lying in bed in my body. Everything felt unreal so I got out beside my bed easily and palpated as I made my way to the room across the hall. I tried to get further in my full POA than I did the night before, and I succeeded, but in repeating the encounter I had last night, the woman was more impatient and her skin had a hardened flaky quality about it. It bothered me how  not lifelike it was. I got out of the house and flew to my next destination but overshot it- then I fouled. I laid very still as Summerlander suggested and tried to drift back to where I was. Unfortunately I went completely asleep into fully deep dreaming and didn't get roused by anchors or intention. I really seem to have a problem rebounding from fouls. I wish I could have made more use of the time up to 10 am when I finally got up. Oh well, it wasn't a failure by a long shot. Steady improvement, right? Happy Flying!  8)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Well, at least you still entered the phase - well done!! :) 

I have been able to return to the same dream in a lucid state upon awakening.  I remained still as I was waking up and listened to two women talking and vision returned.  Perhaps the sensation of awakening was illusory.

You can also try separation as you are returning to wakefulness.  If you move physically, don't worry, you can always relax and cycle through techniques.

In my latest experiences I've been able to rebound from fouls but this is not always the case.  The best thing to do in the phase is to not worry about fouling but do deepen and maintain.  If fouling occurs, just bear in mind that it is not the end - jump right back into the phase!! :D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Lesson learned! I stupidly rationalized that I would not have sleep-in time this morning, so I tried doing direct techniques last night which did not achieve the phase. In retrospect  see that it would have been far better  odds to defer-especially since my body has been pretty good at alerting me to dreams and separation times. I may have some nap time this afternoon to redeem myself, then there will be no practice again till Thursday. Happy Flying!  8)
Last edited by Th3TruthizInThere on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Also, here is something that we should all remember from SOBT:

"...a substantial portion of movements upon awakening are false, even though it may seem that they are made with the physical body.  But even if there is an actual alert awakening and actual physical movement, the likelihood of entering the phase does not actually decrease as much as one might think.  That's why it is not only possible to try to enter the phase in such situations - it is a must.  Those who follow this simple principle alone may enjoy twice as many phase experiences as those who do not.

It should also be noted that a phaser will often lose out on an attempt through the belief that he has to catch the right moment of being half-awake.  Many think that catching that moment is a mandatory prerequisite for the indirect method.  It generally is, but that moment of transition usually doesn't begin at the second one awakens - rather, it arises right when performing cycles of techniques!  That is, the moment of being half-awake is not so much something to catch upon awakenings, but more something to induce using the techniques themselves - which is actually exactly what they're there for.  That's precisely why there's no sense in giving up a chance for an attempt."

Does our guide get right down to the nitty-gritty of the phase state and how to enter it or what?  It truly is the best guide out there.  It really is!  It may seem like a lot to revise at first but when put into practice it can be very simple.  It is a matter of finding that simplicity, I guess.  Once you start having a lot of success with indirect and become really familiar with what works for you then why not try the direct method.  I've have some success with it.  Have you read "Chapter 15 - The Highest Level of Practice"?  I was a naughty boy and read it... ;D
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Summerlander wrote: "...a substantial portion of movements upon awakening are false, even though it may seem that they are made with the physical body.  But even if there is an actual alert awakening and actual physical movement, the likelihood of entering the phase does not actually decrease as much as one might think.

This is one of my most difficult areas- re-entry. I just don't have the "feel" for how to move my perceived body without moving the physical.

Summerlander wrote: It should also be noted that a phaser will often lose out on an attempt through the belief that he has to catch the right moment of being half-awake.  Many think that catching that moment is a mandatory prerequisite for the indirect method.  It generally is, but that moment of transition usually doesn't begin at the second one awakens - rather, it arises right when performing cycles of techniques!

I am glad to hear that the half-awake state often arises with the indirect techniques, but I'm still struggling with how to do such things as phantom wiggling (M.R. says the action/motion actually feels like moving the physical, so how do you differentiate???)  I don't understand how to strain the brain or body either. I think I'm getting better about listening in, but I'm still trying to get the hang of observing images. Any suggestions that can help me hone in on this?

Summerlander wrote: Have you read "Chapter 15 - The Highest Level of Practice"?  I was a naughty boy and read it... ;D

You naughty boy!  :o No, I was of course intrigued by the possible content, but when M.R. made his statement about what he had to say possibly ruining any chance of a beginner entering the phase, I was not willing to take the risk of reading it. It will give me something to work toward for later consumption. It doesn't appear to have done you in though, so that's good.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

[glow=red,2,300]The mind is so freakin' gullible![/glow]I had a good nap yesterday and plenty of dream content. For all intents and purposes, if the things that happened in my dream happened in my wakened state, it would have been absurd.  It blows my mind how tolerant we are to nonsense when we dream.

I dreamed that I went to a friends house that has a large family. I was wandering around looking for some people and on each end of this hall that ran through the house (nothing like their home in real life mind you), there was what looked like a kids toy room on one end, and something like family room on the other. When I walked through one of these rooms finally, I descended down these huge blue steps made out of a material like you would find in gymnastic mats or something.

As I got further down I found myself in a huge stadium and in the center were some fancy electronics and a big movie screen. The entire stadium was made out of this mat material. People were coming in and out of these two large doorways that were on each side of the center area where the screen was like it was some kind of fair exhibit or something. I remember thinking to myself "so that's how they accommodate their big family reunions and gatherings!" DEE DEE DEE!!!  :P  CLUELESS!

Anyway, no phase for me Dr. Jones! I am on break until Thursday now, but will try to do exercises to strengthen the indirect methods up until then. I'll also keep doing my before-sleep affirmations to try to snatch lucid dream experiences. I think I'm going to give the daily memory exercise regimen a try this week too. I forget who relayed this to me, but it is under the Questions forum regarding Anchor Points that I posted. Happy Flying!  8)
Last edited by Th3TruthizInThere on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Here is that memory exercise quote (Thanks JorgeLTE!)-
JorgeLTE wrote: Hi there.
A year ago, when I was reading "Exploring the wolrd of lucid dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge, I practiced some prospective memory exercises featured in the book. They were really helpfull.

Here:

"To successfully induce lucid dreams with MILD (MILD means Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream, a dream counciousness method), you need to have certain capacities. First of all, if you can’t reliably remember to carry out future intentions while awake, there is little chance that you will remember to do anything while asleep. So before attempting MILD, you need to prove to yourself that you can indeed remember
to do things while awake:

1. Read the day’s targets
2. Look for your targets during the day
3. Keep track of how many target events you hit
4. Continue the exercise for at least one week

Perform a reality check...
SUNDAY:
The next time I see a pet or animal
The next time look at my face in a mirror
The next time turn on a light
The next time see a flower

MONDAY:
The next time write anything down
The next time feel pain
The next time I hear someone say my name
The next time I drink something

TUESDAY:
The next time I see a traffic light
The next time I hear music
The next time I throw something in the garbage
The next time I hear laughter

WEDNESDAY:
The next time I turn on a television or radio
The next time I see a vegetable
The next time I see a red car
The next time I handle money

THURSDAY:
The next time I read something other than this list
The next time I check the time
The next time I notice myself daydreaming
The next time I hear the telephone ringing

FRIDAY:
The next time I open a door
The next time I see a bird
The next time I use the toilet after noon
The next time I see the stars

SATURDAY:
The next time I put a key in a lock
The next time I see an advertisement
The next time I eat anything after breakfast
The next time I see a bicycle"

I performed this exercise for the entire week. It improved my prospective memory to do reality checks during dreams, and also increased the vividness and recall of my dreams.

Hope it helps, and sorry for the long post.
I will be working on seeing animals, flowers, my face in the mirror, and turning on lights today. Happy Flying! 8)
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

No phase last night via lucid dreaming. I tried to do exercises to strengthen rotation before I went to sleep, but that is one of the motions I have the hardest time with I think. I definitely dreamed, and I definitely remember waking up this morning at 3:25, but when I woke up, for some reason my heart was racing and I couldn't FFA. Not sure what brought this on.

My memory exercise yesterday went pretty well I think. The one I had the hardest time with was pets and animals, especially since we have a cat and a dog and it should have been a no-brainer. I think we just really take the familiar for granted. I realized after I started these exercises that I was actually doing the list for Sunday, so I will do the actual one for Tuesday today (hear music or laughter, see traffic light, or throw something in the garbage), and when Sunday comes back around I will do the list for Monday.

It would be way awesome if I could actually make ALL of these cues lead to the question of "Am I dreaming?" It would result in A LOT of LDs. One step at a time though. Happy Flying!  8)
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

It is becoming very clear to me how powerful a solid affirmation and confident intention can be in regard to the phase. I'm on my off days for practicing direct/indirect techniques until I go to bed tomorrow night, so I have been confidently asserting that I will catch myself in a lucid dream so I can pursue my POA. I also decided to do exercises with visualizing my hands in front of my face.

I went to sleep and a very short while later there was a sound in my head like a snap, and suddenly I was aware that I was laying on my side, and it felt weird, like I was 4 or 5 inches in front of my body or something. It was pretty bright in front of my eyelids too. I think my wife was still reading with her lamp on, and even through my earplugs I believe I heard her clear her throat a couple of times. I didn't remember trying the hand visualization exercise, so I gave it a shot at that time until my wife turned off the lamp.

Before I went to sleep that time, I re-asserted my affirmations. The next thing I'm aware of, I'm standing on the front porch of some manufactured home with the realization that I'm seeking the sexual partner from my POA and that I need to deepen in order to realize my goal of having a hyper-real experience. I palpated everything on the porch, eaves, banister, door, etc. then went inside. I am still working on having better vision in the phase, and it seems I either feel that palpating never gets to a point where I can do peering effectively, or I forget about peering altogether.

At any rate, I continued into the house, located my partner and proceeded to palpate her body.  ;D  It was definitely a rewarding activity but vision and senses never sharpened to my satisfaction. Additionally, it was interesting to see how less real the encounter was when the woman was out of context from the physical surrounding I had associated with her in the waking world. The LD teetered on the edge of being a vivid one because of this I think. Eventually I fouled and tried to clasp my hands together when I realized it was happening. I was either too late, or it didn't work for some reason.

I awoke and tried to move my perceived clasped hands, but to no avail. I repeated my earlier affirmations and went to sleep again, and once again, I just suddenly became aware that I was dreaming and took over. My partner was still in unfamiliar surroundings, so the scenario was harder to manage for me than previously, or in encounters where my awareness started in my own home. Eventually this LD ended as well, and that was the end of my night.

My memorization exercises for yesterday were more challenging than I thought. There are so many mundane occurrences that we just take for granted and tune out. In order to obtain good results, I had to be alert that I was actually looking for these cues, and I can see where that would hold true for gaining dream consciousness as well. Laughter and music are taken for granted, and traffic signals are so commonplace that we just have a Pavlovian response. At this point I think I am going to cycle through these cues for several weeks. Today I move onto seeing vegetables and red cars, as well as acknowledging when I'm turning on a TV or radio, or handling money (I don't figure I'll take that last one too much for granted  :P).  Happy Flying!  8)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yes!  Confidence is one of the keys!  Well done!  I was about to tell you off for your earlier statement...
I just don't have the "feel"...
Not the right attitude.  Program yourself positively.  You know you can do it.  You can enter the phase any time you want provided that the conditions are right.  Don't worry so much about sensations like straining the brain for now, by the way, although you may try when you are on your way to the phase.  See it producing strong vibrations.  The main thing is to enter the phase and the amplification of any sensations during techniques will do.

Here's a suggestion for when you are having sex in the phase.  Try counting while thrusting.  Thinking of numbers and the order in which they come as you keep your phase body active might prevent you from getting too excited and may also boost your left-brain hemisphere - which is more logical and deals with language and maths.  Try to keep a balance in order to remain in the phase for as long as possible while enjoying the sexual emotion at the same time.  Try it! ;)
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Th3TruthisInThere Phase Experience: The Good, The Bad and the SEXY!!!

No semblance of a phase experience last night. I'll just chalk it up to a good night's sleep. I have been trying to immerse myself in this forum and get familiar with everyone. Unfortunately yesterday I read about some people's struggles and gave some suggestions. Also unfortunately, after giving said instructions, I felt my mind questioning whether I could continue in a successful phase pattern, or whether I would start having difficulty now that I opened my mouth.

As soon as I had that thought, I remember thinking how that thought would be a devastating blow to my chances for a lucid dream last night. It kinda sucks, because once the thought is in there, it kind of spirals downward and can be difficult to shake off.

Anyway, I'm not giving up, I still feel positive I can strengthen and improve more and more phase entries. I still believe in the power of positivity, confidence, and intention. I am excited about practicing indirect techniques after sleeping tonight.

My memory exercises need to keep being EXERCISED. I was most successful being alert to red cars. Seeing vegetables, handling money and turning on TV or Radio - not so much. I put together a whole salad for lunch yesterday and was oblivious to the veggies :o. The money handling can probably be best explained because in my mind I see currency and coins, but most of my money handling is a debit card. I need to work on that connection. TV and Radio- it's just another thing I do and take for granted.

Today's alerts will be:
The next time I read something other than this list
The next time I check the time
The next time I notice myself daydreaming
The next time I hear the telephone ringing

Happy Flying!  8)
Last edited by Th3TruthizInThere on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Summerlander wrote: Yes!  Confidence is one of the keys!  Well done!  I was about to tell you off for your earlier statement...
I try to correct my mistakes as I go along...
Summerlander wrote: Not the right attitude.  Program yourself positively.  You know you can do it.  You can enter the phase any time you want provided that the conditions are right.  Don't worry so much about sensations like straining the brain for now, by the way, although you may try when you are on your way to the phase.  See it producing strong vibrations.  The main thing is to enter the phase and the amplification of any sensations during techniques will do.
Summerlander, I really appreciate your feedback- I know I need to think more positively and carry it with me in my affirmations. Can you elaborate at all on what you mean by "provided that the conditions are right" I've heard that a few times- what does it feel like when "conditions are right"- what is being experienced? What signs can I look for?
Summerlander wrote: Here's a suggestion for when you are having sex in the phase.  Try counting while thrusting.  Thinking of numbers and the order in which they come as you keep your phase body active might prevent you from getting too excited and may also boost your left-brain hemisphere - which is more logical and deals with language and maths.  Try to keep a balance in order to remain in the phase for as long as possible while enjoying the sexual emotion at the same time.  Try it!
Oh wow, thanks for the counting suggestion - that is MUCH better than my idea of slowing things down by imagining Walter Matthau or Mr. Bean walking around in boxer shorts scratching themselves.  You may have saved me from being scarred for life!  :P  Hope you laugh!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

And I did laugh! :D

Maybe use your method at the same time in order to keep the right brain equally active. ;D

By the way, when I said "provided that the conditions are right" I only meant being primed physiologically and psychologically for the experience (i.e. using the techniques in the right way with confidence and determination).

On being experienced, you will be so familiar with what works for you that, every time you make an attempt to enter the phase, success is almost always guaranteed.  Like anything, keep practising and don't put the instrument down (I know some people who tell me they used to enter the phase and they stopped for years and feel that if they decide to practice again they will have to start from scratch - whatever made them stop?).

An experienced practitioner is so familiar with the indirect method that doing it directly can provide the next exciting challenge.  I don't want to give too much away from that SOBT chapter in case you are not ready (because even my practice suffered a little from reading it) but basically, an experienced phaser has reached a level of confidence to the point where they can start doing things that the novice should not do or try.  They are also quite adept at carrying out their plans and only need little time for each step of a POA.  Because of this, they can cram the duration of the phase with several steps.
Last edited by Summerlander on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
APVirgin
PHASER
PHASER

Post by APVirgin »

Hi,  sorry to hijack.  Summerlander, a quick question.  I am trying the deferred method at the moment as I struggle to catch awakenings during the evening.  Is the deferred method still an indirect technique, as I don't want to get too advanced and ruin things for myself if this is a direct technique as discussed above?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

The deferred method is indirect if the phase is entered within five minutes of being awake and direct if it happens after more than five minutes.

But don't think novices shouldn't try it because having a pre-nap or sleep is a great boon.  I was a novice who had a lot of success with the deferred method.  There is no harm done in waking up around 5am, staying up and active for a while and then going back down.  It is very effective.

I think the problem only comes when you are a novice and you attempt the direct method with no prior sleep whatsoever.  Like trying at 11pm before sleep for example.  This is extremely difficult.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Summerlander wrote:
Maybe use your method at the same time in order to keep the right brain equally active. ;D
Dude, you are just wrong on soooooo many levels! With those images, there is no danger of losing control here  :D
Summerlander wrote: By the way, when I said "provided that the conditions are right" I only meant being primed physiologically and psychologically for the experience (i.e. using the techniques in the right way with confidence and determination).
I'm really trying to find this balance with deferred indirect procedures. I'm also trying to recognize and dispel frightening and negative thoughts and images as soon as I see them start to rise. Do you have any suggestions for how I can make my mind effectively neutralize them?
Summerlander wrote: On being experienced, you will be so familiar with what works for you that, every time you make an attempt to enter the phase, success is almost always guaranteed.  Like anything, keep practising and don't put the instrument down (I know some people who tell me they used to enter the phase and they stopped for years and feel that if they decide to practice again they will have to start from scratch - whatever made them stop?).
Man, that sounds so JEDI! I will continue to practice. I think that I am just really trying to figure out what my body is supposed to feel like, what sounds I should be hearing, or vibrations, etc. when I should definitely try to separate. When doing things like rotation, wiggling, observing images, and listening in, I want to make sure I continue with a technique that is showing progress, but I'm not sure what I'm imagining and what is actually "moving". I think that listening in and possibly straining the brain have the most noticeable indicators for me (are listening in and straining connected or related in some way?) I mean I can always hear and amplify a ringing in my ears, and sometimes hear other sounds, while simultaneously hear/feel a rushing in my head which I have not been able to amplify as well so far.

I guess I have been trying to approximate the same circumstances as were present in my successful attempts, which is kind of like just having been kicked through the doorway to dreamworld, but being alert to catch the transition so that I can separate. There has only been one time that I seemed to separate from a state of alert consciousness, and that was back when I was 20.
Summerlander wrote: An experienced practitioner is so familiar with the indirect method that doing it directly can provide the next exciting challenge. 
I would really like to hone in on this method. I would like to describe what I did last night. Remember, I have read the guide except for the chapter for the highly experienced phaser. I would like for you to review my process and help me to gain a clearer understanding of what I should do differently or look for.

Bedtime: I went to bed about 10:30 pm. I set the alarm for 3 am and put in earplugs.

Affirmation: I affirmed to myself of my intentions to lucid dream and catch myself, recall my POA and deepen as I pursued that POA. I affirmed that if I fouled or found myself waking I would grab an object or clasp my hands together. I affirmed that on waking I would not move, but would FFA for 3-10 seconds, then try to separate. If that did not happen without risking physical movement, I would FFA for 3-10 seconds and cycle through indirect techniques at least 4 cycles and try to separate again. Finally, I did a mental walkthrough of what my POA was to incline my mind in that direction before falling asleep.
(No lucid dream took place, and I did not wake until the alarm went off).

Deferment: I awoke a couple of minutes before the 3 am alarm and visited the restroom, had a sip of soda. I reset the alarm for 5 am for work. Counting the reaffirmations I did, I was up about 6 minutes before I put my earplugs back in and went to sleep.
My experiences were that I would feel myself coming back into wakefulness and a "dropping" sensation without any sense of having exited a dream state. I did FFA. I am not sure whether it was 10 seconds or 10 minutes before I resurfaced, but I cycled through observing images, wiggling, listening in, and rotating for 4 cycles. I tried to separate and voila! I separated... from my bed. I used the restroom again and laid back down to sleep. I kept having weird sensations that didn't feel deep enough to act on.

My sleep kept feeling like I was vacated from my consciousness, then I would drop back in, but since there seemed to be no dream exit, just that "dropping" sensation like I was coming back from somewhere- it didn't seem like I was doing any sleep cycling. Can you see how this leads to a) me wondering if I'm employing indirect methods after the right events, and b) because of this, being concerned about thinking or over-analyzing too much and hindering the process.

What do you think, should I just start mechanically pursuing the indirect techniques and try to separate when I feel any "weirdness" from doing the techniques, or complete 4 cycles (whichever comes first) -  the idea being that at first while getting used to things I may be a meat marionette master before I start turning into a free-roaming helium satyr? I'm not trying to stray down my own path, I would just like some clarification on the process.  Please let me know if you see me doing something incorrectly or have other suggestions. I'd like to start seeing consistent success beyond LDs.

Summerlander wrote:
I don't want to give too much away from that SOBT chapter in case you are not ready (because even my practice suffered a little from reading it) but basically, an experienced phaser has reached a level of confidence to the point where they can start doing things that the novice should not do or try.  They are also quite adept at carrying out their plans and only need little time for each step of a POA.  Because of this, they can cram the duration of the phase with several steps.
Sounds AWESOME! Keep me in the dark on this chapter and it will give me a longer-term goal to work toward. Nice to have a sampling of the future possibilities though!  ;D
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

I'm going to take a couple weeks off of trying indirect techniques. Despite being able to see images take form before my face, hear weird sounds, and feel vibrations and rushing in my brain and body, I have not been able to successfully separate from a state that is less than "dreamy" or directly at the point of returning to my body—but before I actually arrive there. I have tried immediate exit techniques by launching myself straight up, and I have tried far more gradually. In both cases, the meat puppet hitches a ride.

I'm hoping that this time off will give me time to really focus on recognizing cues I can use for recognizing when I'm dreaming and to take more advantage of LDs for the phase. Perhaps that will even help me to better understand the separation techniques so I'll be better prepared when my break is over. If anyone out there is reading this and has any tips or ideas on having more success with indirect techniques/separation, please feel free to comment.  Happy Flying!  8)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Dude, you are just wrong on soooooo many levels! With those images, there is no danger of losing control here
;D
I'm really trying to find this balance with deferred indirect procedures. I'm also trying to recognize and dispel frightening and negative thoughts and images as soon as I see them start to rise. Do you have any suggestions for how I can make my mind effectively neutralize them?
You can find something else to focus on and every time the mind wanders just be gentle, patient and bring it back to the focus.  That's what I do.  If frightening things happen to manifest when you are in the phase, then it is a different story.  You may want to face them and tackle them rather than denying them.

Here's an interesting example which I believe was mentioned in one of Stephen LaBerge's books...

A woman engaged in a philosophical debate about whether or not we should care more about others than ourselves.  During this debate, she was heavily favouring altruism.

At night, she kept having nightmares in which a horrible monster chased her and wanted to kill her.  On one occasion, she became lucid while she was running away and decided to face the monster.  She turned around and asked the creature: "why are you doing this to me?"  The creature diminished in size, became less menacing, more childlike and sad.  It told her that it wasn't happy with her favouring others.  The little creature began to resemble a child having a tantrum.

The woman understood that the creature represented an older aspect of herself, perhaps more id driven.  She explained to the creature that other people have feelings too but that she would never forget to look after herself.  A logical conclusion is that there needs to be a balance whereby you care for others as well as yourself.  The creature seemed happier and disappeared.

Stephen LaBerge has advised people to accept or embrace everything that they are, both positive and what is perceived to be negative, and work towards self-integration.  This provides a way to really understand yourself in relation to the rest of the world and positive results can be obtained.
I think that listening in and possibly straining the brain have the most noticeable indicators for me (are listening in and straining connected or related in some way?) I mean I can always hear and amplify a ringing in my ears, and sometimes hear other sounds, while simultaneously hear/feel a rushing in my head which I have not been able to amplify as well so far.
Hmmm...

I think it is all connected.  One thing may trigger another.  Straining the brain is definitely like trying to get that pressure in your head.  It is impossible to really strain the brain but it is an acquired sensation that you can instinctively stumble upon. 

The first time I decided to do that was when I found myself experiencing an pulsatile hiss in my head.  The feeling I induced when I tried to strain my brain was initially similar to what you get when you yawn but the pressure was more localised in my head.

I intentionally amplified the sensation and found that the irregular hissing that preceded it became more regular, noisier and started to crackle.  The crackling got louder and perceived waves and tingling turned to violent vibrations to the point where a slight discomfort was experienced.  I felt like someone was blowing raspberries down my spine (and a noise similar to this was heard) and I was vibrating so much that my perceived body began to move out of sync with the physical stencil.  I got up and I was in the phase...

On other occasions I have also experienced the ringing but such attempts were never fruitful for me because I found the ringing annoying.  I also remember hearing ringing as a child once before a terrifying false awakening.  But then again, people are different and we should find what works for us and what we feel comfortable with.
Affirmation:
On this, it is great that you are focusing on the POA before induction.  Try not to think of fouling though and don't be afraid of it.  If you see that the phase environment is fading, do make attempts to hold on to it.  But even if you returned to the body (perceived or real), you can always reenter.
Deferment:
Direct techniques are essentially the same as indirect ones only the latter has proved to yield more results (especially with novice practitioners).  FFA is effective when used in both.  FFA can be extremely useful (even though I hardly use it because I seem to nail the phase quite quickly in my attempts).

Just a reminder here when using the indirect method.  Try separating first.  Recognise an awakening without movement and separate.  If there is movement or separation is unsuccessful, then you can start cycling through techniques.  Any sensation that arises, stick to it and try to amplify it.  The realer it feels, the higher the chance of separation.  Try not to get bogged down with worry about whether or not you are doing this meticulously.  Have a relaxed approach and to it robotically.  Just focus on the techniques because being too analytical will only make you tense and keep you awake.

Entering the phase via dream consciousness is a different matter.  This one requires you to record dreams in a journal, revise them, learn to recognise patterns and cues, perform reality checks during wakefulness and asking and answering the following question effectively and not half-arsedly for the sake of appearances:  "Am I dreaming?"

I think everyone should be doing this anyway because it will increase their chances of entering the phase.  But you also need to ask yourself this:  when you happen to foul during a DILD, will you know what to do to lucidly return to dreamland?  This is where the indirect method comes handy.  You will have to reenter the phase by separating straight away but, if this doesn't work and you wish to satisfy yourself with a return, then familiarity with indirect techniques will prove to be a great boon... ;)

By the way, it is wise to take breaks and prevent the obsessive approach.  Try not to expect too much of yourself.  This is especially useful with lucid dreaming.  Rather then "I MUST realise that I am dreaming" try saying to yourself that "I would like to become lucid in a dream because it is fun and it makes me happy" - and remember past experiences that made you elated.  This has yielded great success with me before.  :P
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Summerlander wrote:
Just a reminder here when using the indirect method.  Try separating first.  Recognise an awakening without movement and separate.  If there is movement or separation is unsuccessful, then you can start cycling through techniques.
Thanks for all of your comments and advice Summerlander- one clarification here-and please correct me if I'm in error- but it seems that after the SOBT II book was released, a study was done which resulted in the recommendation that FFA be performed first before attempting re-entry through separation OR indirect methods (it shows this in one of the short videos as well). Are you saying to always try separation before indirect methods AFTER doing FFA, or in your experience to bypass FFA altogether?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

FFA asleep is effective but one should not bypass an immediate separation attempt upon the first moments of awakening without movement.  FFA comes later if the separation attempt fails and it is very effective combined with cycles of techniques.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Well, I got out but I was so disoriented I couldn't do a lot. I went to bed about 10:15 pm, and affirmed that I would gain consciousness in my dreams. I went to sleep and woke up naturally almost exactly at 4 am. Relieved myself, came back to bed, reaffirmed that my mind and body would alert me that I was dreaming and went back to sleep.

Next thing I know, I'm aware that I am in some otherworldly state and I'm excited that I am conscious of this—but I have no vision and can't tell how my perceived body is oriented or placed. I worried that this might be because I hadn't fully separated, but tried to get some vision anyway by turning my hands back and forth in front of my face. Eventually I saw what looked like faintly glowing hands and I tried to keep gaining vision. Eventually it looked like I could see out a window in my room to the horizon (this was impossible in reality because there was no such window or view).

I have been reading 12padams blog recently and I think because I recalled that he had been able to control the rising and position of the sun, I might be able to do the same thing in order to shed some light on the situation- but there was no response to my efforts. I started to wonder if I was in a half in/half out separation, so I tried to consciously make a separation attempt. Turning my attention toward my body must have caused me to foul because I started to wake back up.

I forgot to attempt separation on the way down and found myself back in my body. I think my eyelid fluttered which sort of frustrated me as I still tried to lay perfectly still in order to rejoin my phase. I felt like my breathing was heavy and out of control, so I tried to calm down a little bit. I know that somewhere in the back of my mind I was supposed to try to separate anyway, but the feel of my hand on my bed felt very solid and real to me, so I rationalized it would be a waste of time. I also remember thinking that I didn't want to be annoyed by my wife anxiously asking me if I'm ok just because I sit up in bed or stand up.

This will be a lesson learned for me because in retrospect I realize that accounts I have read about FA's have proved them to be very deceptive, and I may well have missed a chance to re-enter the phase. I'm going to do better at this from now on. I also realized that if I accept an FA as real, then I am being drawn in by the plot of the dream itself and losing my lucidity. Can't have that now!

Other than that, I'm still taking a break from any method but LDs right now in hope of a springboard start in about a week. I am continuing to work on my daily list of reality-check triggers, and have been trying to recognize all of the other daily triggers I can remember when I see them. I figure if I can get in the habit of being put on alert when I see, hear, or do any of the list items included within the entire week, I will be formidable when it comes to gaining lucidity in dreams. Looking forward to another LD tonight.  Happy Flying!  8)
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Cool blog dude!!! I'm captivated.

Lots of stuff going on and very varied! I'll have to keep coming back here to stay motivated. Lots of great advice from Summer aswell!!

P.S Summer those pics of Walter Matthau and especially Mr Bean were WHACK!!!!
LOL!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Thanks for stopping by Luna!  I had a humorous though disgusting experience in the phase Saturday morning (March 24, 2012). I don't have time to go into it right now, but I'll write all about it soon.  Happy Flying!  8)