Separation

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Separation

Post by TheOnerous »

I've been trying to think of new ways to separate or alternatives to separation. Let me know what you think:

1) Collapsing into the body: You become smaller and smaller until you can walk around and travel inside your own body.

2) Possession: When you go to bed you choose someone else's body you'd like to possess on waking. (It could also be your spouse or your younger self in a bed you slept in when younger.) If you chose someone doing something very active - perhaps something like Roger Bannister about to complete the four-minute mile - then you could use the noise clues around you (like the crowd cheering, or the pounding of your feet) as a sign that you are in a dream.

3) Passive possession: Like 2, but in reverse. You think of yourself as inviting someone to "possess" you on waking. So they use their muscles to separate from the bed but you still feel the movement and perceive your surroundings.

4) Becoming very tall: You'd become taller and taller until you feel your feet dangle off the end of the bed and keep growing taller until your feet touch the wall. Then you just stand up in your new tall body.

5) The bed tips up until it is vertical. You just walk away.
Chris_ld
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Separation

Post by Chris_ld »

These are some good ideas :D Some of them might be hard to imagine though.
I can tell you what I use :)

I imagine sounds, because my thoughts are so vivid when I am close to the phase, so I can imagine any sound and hear it vividly. After a little while playing around with these sounds, I know I am in the phase and I just get out of bed normally.

The growing taller separation have i used as a relaxation technique, I imagine myself getting taller then shrinking back to normal size again. I have managed to get completely relaxed in only a few minutes with this technique.
As conspiracies unwind.
Will you slam shut,
or free your mind.
Or stay hypnotised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT ... re=related
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Separation

Post by TheOnerous »

Thanks for replying, Chris.

I've had problems with separation. I will wake up, try to leave my body without using muscles, fail, give up then when I get up normally (using muscles) I realise I'm in the phase.