Re: Bashing walls

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bashing walls

Post by 12padams »

Anyone ever done it before? The phase for me became unstable while doing this. If you wanna see check out this video I made: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6443#p6443
I wonder why bashing the walls didn't deepen the state... I mean that's nonphysical sensory input that is potentially painful.
Last edited by 12padams on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I punched a coffee table and it hurt like real life...then I fouled.  :o
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

I punched a coffee table and it hurt like real life...then I fouled. 
Lol you'd think that pain would deepen the state... But maybe too much sensory input at an intense level can kick you out.

Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Lol you'd think that pain would deepen the state..
I know right? Pooey!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

The fear of pain can cause phasers to foul.  Sort of like instinctively waking up from an intense nightmare.  Perhaps the programming of avoiding pain in the phase can trigger the "foul" mechanism when the pain potential (not pain itself) presents itself. As SOBT mentions, pain is something that one should not fear, but rather, control. 

You would also probably do yourself a favour if you curbed your internal dialogue (ID), 12padams - but perhaps the dialogue in the video is only there to communicate to the viewers what was going through your mind in terms of surprise and emotion (not necessarily thoughts as words) - I don't know, perhaps you might clarify this for me.  The fact that you thought "I've got to get out of here" might have programmed your mind to do what was probably more viable at the time: to switch to wakefulness (aka a foul) rather than translocate. 

To translocate by passing through walls, one must shut the eyes or defocus vision.  Not doing so can lead to collision with objects or even getting stuck in them.  Shutting the eyes and imagining that there is no wall there also helps.  Interestingly, you repeatedly acknowledge their existence in that particular experience.  Also, hyperbolical thoughts that connote or allude to negativity - even if you don't mean them literally (!) - don't bode well... especially for phase practice.  What you need is to acquire some confidence and maintain that.  It will definitely make deepening more effective too (after all, what is the use of techniques if you are not confident that they'll work - and doubt can also cause you to perform them mediocrely).  Whatever you try to do can be done and has been done and that is all you need to focus on. 

Another possibility for the foul is that bashing against the wall shocked you momentarily and caused you to pause.  Pausing briefly can cause a foul.
12padams wrote: But maybe too much sensory input at an intense level can kick you out.
No, you want the intensity and the hyperrealism.  These will keep you in.  However, when it comes to pain, most people want to avoid it (pain is psychologically tied to punishment, a conceptual bond that emerges at the early stages of life).  Only masochists can employ pain to remain in the phase. ;D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

The fear of pain can cause phasers to foul.  Sort of like instinctively waking up from an intense nightmare.
Ah great, that makes perfect sense :) I have a pain phobia in real life and I am always scared of experiencing pain in the phase so it really does fit perfectly.
You would also probably do yourself a favour if you curbed your internal dialogue (ID), 12padams - but perhaps the dialogue in the video is only there to communicate to the viewers what was going through your mind in terms of surprise and emotion (not necessarily thoughts as words) - I don't know, perhaps you might clarify this for me.
Yes you are right... They are not spoken thoughts. They are quick mental chooses I make in a spit second. In the video however I have to speak slowly or the echo effect makes it impossible to to hear what I am saying. So in a way they are my thoughts but I don't speak them out slowly and mentally while in the phase. The only time I truly do this is when I mentally repeat key words from my plan of action in the phase such as "unit 102" so I don't lose lucidity.
No, you want the intensity and the hyperrealism.  These will keep you in.
I was referring to a sudden rush of sensory input at great intensity. Mostly this would be pain or unexpected occurrences (e.g falling, attacked ect...) that cause shock, fear or pain. Do you still believe these things are good for maintaining the phase?

Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Yes you are right... They are not spoken thoughts. They are quick mental chooses I make in a spit second. In the video however I have to speak slowly or the echo effect makes it impossible to to hear what I am saying. So in a way they are my thoughts but I don't speak them out slowly and mentally while in the phase.
Ah... I get ya.  I think we all do this in a way.  In which case you're doing the right thing if it's brief and you're not dwelling on the thoughts (diminishing ID).  Dwelling on a particular thought can be handy though if we intend to alter the phase (programming).
Do you still believe these things are good for maintaining the phase?
Fear can certainly keep one in the phase.  In my case it has led to multiple false awakenings before.  But I seldom fear things in the phase these days.  When I was a kid, however, I accidentally entered the phase several times.  At times I'd get up and notice that the house was different but I'd think my mother made changes while I'd been sleeping. 

Then snow-skinned men looking like Christopher Walken would come through walls, leering at me.  They always had a malicious smile and they'd come for me to violate me.  Soon, every time I noticed that the house was different I feared they would come and they did.  What's more, the phases were always deep and the fear seemed to keep me in for ages - but then again, the action of running could have also played its role in prolonging the phase. 

I had to run around the house and hide but they'd always get me.  I was too young to understand what was going on though.  I'd tell my mum about the bad "white men" that would come for me in the "dreams that feel real".  Sometimes I'd be ejected from my body unexpectedly and the sense of flying usually led to more pleasant experiences (possibly to do with the sense of freedom).  Once I saw a veiled woman emerge from one wall and pass through another.  At one point I wondered if I was seeing ghosts and if I was a ghost myself during these experiences when I got into Casper comics.  I never thought I had died in any of my childhood phase experiences though.

Btw, my albino assailants looked like this:

THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.