Re: New technique

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

New technique

Post by TheOnerous »

Seems to be a new technique in town! SSILD technique. Anyone heard of it or tried it? Seems to have potential.

http://www.dreamviews.com/f12/senses-in ... ld-129734/

or

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... 757.0.html
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Th3TruthizInThere »

Cool Onerous! Thanks for sharing. I think I might give that a try tonight. Chalk it up to "Super Affirmation and Intention".  8)
Harmless as Doves... Wise as Serpents!
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

Tried SSILD twice last night.

The first time I woke at 3am. I did the cycles then waited. I sort of dozed for what felt like two hours and when I looked at the clock I fully expected the time to be about 5am but it was only 3.30am. Interesting.

The second time was about 3.45am. This time I was dozing off at the end (which SSILD's originator, Cosmiciron, said is a good thing to happen) and let myself drop off to sleep. Had a very long dream with great recall.

So, No LDs yet using SSILD, but I think results so far are promising enough to continue experimenting with the technique. If dreams are longer and more vivid then this increases the chances to realise you're dreaming, even if the technique doesn't guarantee an LD.
Last edited by TheOnerous on Wed May 02, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Worked for me.
The biggest issue with this technique is failing at the moment of diserning between false awakenings and real life.

I got a small phase experience thorugh the technique, but I fell asleep a few moments later because I did reality checks and they didn't workerd properly.
[\color]
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

I've been doing something kinda like this for a long time now,only I think of it as delayed intention.There can be a blackout and then I'll come to and just get up and exit,or I'll fall asleep and become Lucid in a dream,eventually foul and then OBE.

I don't often have problems with FAs because there is just this certain feel or character that I've come to recognize quickly.I just know somehow that it's 'go time'  :P
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

Jeff wrote: I've been doing something kinda like this for a long time now,
I would like to hear more about that, Jeff.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

TheOnerous wrote:
Jeff wrote: I've been doing something kinda like this for a long time now,
I would like to hear more about that, Jeff.
Well,like the link says,I usually wake up after 4-5 hours of normal dreams (some of which are epic senarios in which I usually have some rational thought process limited to the immediate perceptual content) then,I watch behind my closed eyelids much like a WILD. I don't care whether or not I fall asleep or enter imagery directly via the 'brain squeeze',which happens less often,because either way I'm successful about 3 days/week on average.I can have anywhere from one to 3-4 per successful night. Over the years I've had more than a thousand LDs and OBEs.

I feel the important part is setting a clear intention,....having a goal helps too.What ever it is that organizes the sensory content of the phase and the memory of my waking sense of self seems to make it happen for me if I kinda meet halfway and make the effort....if that makes sense to you. So if I blackout or fall asleep it's no biggie.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
sarakkatz

Post by sarakkatz »

Nice one, i have never heard of this kind of trick, this may improve the lucid dreaming experience. Will try this soon.
Use Legal Herbs while meditating.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Thank you for the information.

Yesterday I had an spontaneus DILD thanks to you technique.

My biggest problem with your technique is that I tend to fall sleep very easily, before finishing the cycles.
Even so, I had the spontaneus DILD.

I will keep posting about my progress.
Thank you = )

TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

cosmiciron wrote:
Jeff wrote:
TheOnerous wrote:
Jeff, I am the author of this technique and I just stumbled upon this thread here through googling. What you said abou setting intention is very true with many other techniques, but it actually does not apply to SSILD based on our real world observations. In the original article I claimed that I was not entirely sure why the technique works, and we too suspected it had something to do with intentions and even self-hypnosis. However, I now feel differently about this subject based on my own direct experiences as well as many other people's.

It seems that cycling through the senses in a trance-like state serves as a conditioning tool. It conditions the mind/body to enter a phase more easily. When conditioned well, spontaneous phase-entrance such as FAs, DILDs, and OBEs occur frequently after the exercise. This was essentially the result we sought after when we first developed the technique. Lately, however, we noticed a very interesting phenomenon -- direct phase entrance becomes extremely easy after performing the exercise! Even when spontaneous phase entrance fail to occur after doing the exercise, upon subsequent awakenings (not FAs but real awakenings) one can quickly enter a phase via direct techniques with very little effort. More experienced users don't even need any techniques to enter the phase other than a little bit of mental focus. And, no, I'm not talking about DEILDs or Mr. Raduga's indirect techniques. During these real awakenings you do not have to first remain still. It works even after you have moved and the effect seems to last quite a while. In fact, if one increases the number of cycles during the exercise, she can proceed directly to attempt phase entrance without first falling into sleep and wait for the next awakening (this is a little harder but is still more than manageable). By exploiting this newly discovered characteristic of SSILD we can now use it as a very effective direct phase entrance technique. Hope this is useful information for those who are trying SSILD.
So, you do the SSILD techniques, go to sleep, then waking - not worrying about moving - then what? Do you separate or what?
spirit walker

Post by spirit walker »

I did this last week before knowing about this. i dont have the luxury to sleep in a lot, even on days off. I have a wonderful 19 month old daughter (if you have kids, you know what I mean). Anyways, I try to enter the phase when I wake up at night, without setting an alarm, its not ideal but this is how I have to do it. So this means that when I try to cycle techniques before separating, i'm very drowsy. The moment I wake up, i feel fairly awake, but as soon as I start the techniques, I immediately feel very tired. So last week I woke up and started to perform phantom wiggling, it started to work so I held on to it until I felt like I was upside down! And held on to that sensation until I fell asleep (i did not try to separate because I fogot, its very hard to concentrate when I wake up after REM). Next thing I know, i became conscious in a dream. I could not believe it.
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

cosmiciron wrote:
TheOnerous wrote: So, you do the SSILD techniques, go to sleep, then waking - not worrying about moving - then what? Do you separate or what?
You can use any direct separation techniques that's most familiar to you, be it WILD, AP, Phasing, and etc. Personally I just relax my head and shift the focus of my consciousness away from my physical body. It works almost instantaneously.
Thanks. I will try that!
Anthony Pucci
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Anthony Pucci »

I had a question about something. I sleep with a fan on, as I find it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep with a bit of white noise in the background. (A learned behavior from many hot summer nights.) Should I train myself to sleep in a silent room again or can these work with some noise? I'm going to try these for the first time during a nap I'm about to take (Assuming I can fall asleep. Any caffeine consumption tends to keep me awake all day.), and I'll try them again when I go to sleep tonight and report back.