Re: How do you overcome immobility?

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
Barnacle

How do you overcome immobility?

Post by Barnacle »

I get direct entrances into the phase state regularly but something that happens every now and again is when the phase starts, I can't move. Its real frustrating. Last night I kept going into the phase state directly, the first 4 times I could move but the last 2 attempts I was stuck in one position, unable to move. This only happens when the phase starts on my bed. I could see my foot moving forward but I couldn't get any traction. I grabbed onto objects to try and pull myself but that didn't work either. Anyone know how to overcome this problem?
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Yep, Welcome to sleep paralysis :)

What you gotta do is understand that you cant move because you think you cant move. Don't forcefully attempt to "get out", Instead either trans-locate (close your eyes and imagine yourself somewhere else) or feel yourself floating out of your body.

Hope I helped :)
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

No, its not sleep paralysis. I get sleep paralysis every 2nd night or so, what I'm talking about is being immobilised in a dream. Sleep paralysis is a very distinct phenomenon to dreams in my experience because the second the dream starts, the hypnogogic hallucinations stop. It happens quite a lot when I go into a dream from sleep paralysis though. In sleep paralysis, when I close my eyes, I just see black. I always know when a dreams starting because I start to see visions. You're advice is good I think though. Translocating, that must be what I need to do. I've always wanted to be able to teleport in dreams so its about time I learned.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Does your dream paralysis lead to a foul?

I've had this problem on occassion too and I've found that if I can maintain and/or deepen with another functioning sensory mode then I can ride out the paralysis and I will eventually gain proper mobility.This works often but sometimes it's too difficult to overcome.

Personally,my hypothesis is that phase perception and sleep paralysis perception in the waking world are overlapping at the points in question.My idea is to focus on the phase related perceptions in order to swing the mind into a fully phase saturated mode of operation...
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

Jeff wrote: Does your dream paralysis lead to a foul?
No. I always end up intentionally fouling because being immobile is too frustrating. When I foul, I can just lay there without moving a muscle and I'll go back into the phase but usually when I'm paralysed once, it keeps happening. For example, I lay there and wait until a phase starts up again, and I find myself in the exact same place, still unable to move.

Jeff wrote: I've had this problem on occassion too and I've found that if I can maintain and/or deepen with another functioning sensory mode then I can ride out the paralysis and I will eventually gain proper mobility.This works often but sometimes it's too difficult to overcome.
I only recently learned deepening and maintenance techniques so I'm gonna try them next time this happens. I'm never paralysed, I can still move my arms and legs, I'm just stuck in one spot. Translocation sounds like the best solution to this problem.