Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

New Experiment: Simulating Near-Death Experience

Post by Michael Raduga »

The experiment is done
http://research.obe4u.com/nde-simulating-experiment/

---------------------------------------------------------
We're starting a new experiment: simulating near-death experience with tunnel flight towards light in the end of it. We’ve already got 9 results, but we need more till February 20th

Would you like to participate?

This is the instruction:

1 – Get a phase by any method (direct, indirect, lucid dreaming)
2 – Close your eyes In the phase (if it’s open) and try to translocate to a tunnel, flying to a light in the end of it. Just try to get the tunnel, no matter what (to properly translocate, use The Chapter 9 from SOBT: http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf ).

The minimum goal: an experience with a flight in a tunnel to a light
The maximum goal: to reach the light and find there dead relatives or religious beings (angels, God etc)

If you’re successfull, immediately report your experience to [email protected] (Include your full name, country and city)

P.S. Read SOBT for motivation and more techniques http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf
P.P.S. What you should achieve (real NDEs):

«Something very strong threw me backwards at great speed into a very dark tunnel. I felt very frightened – but suddenly I was, like, “floatingâ€
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: New Experiment: Simulating Near-Death Experience

Post by Summerlander »

I am certainly working on this one and the experiment has been passed to all the volunteers too.  This should be fun.  I'm going to make it my first time meeting Gyl, a friend of mine who died of a heart attack years ago.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Thanks, Arindo! Don't forget we'll count it only if you will see her after flying through a tunnel towards a light
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Cool, will do.  Btw, it's a "he". Most people think it's a "she" when I mention his nickname.  Sorry, I should have clarified. :D

His full name was Gylles Philip Martin and he was from Guernsey.  Even he had his own way of pronouncing his name.

Btw, still working on the experiment.  Wish me luck! :)
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Phanes
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Phanes »

I went through a long and dark corridor, I flew extremely fast like a jet as if I just wanted to get through this dark and miserable tunnel, as the sounds from the light became louder and the light became larger, I found myself in a foggy land. People with nooses around their necks were wandering around blankly and were very depressed. I took a gander at some of them, the most recent clothing were some designer clothes of Abercrombie but he didn't have a noose around his neck but a large gash across the neck, I'm guessing I reached some suicidal plateau or falsely executed center or something weird like that. I couldn't put my finger on it, there were no landmarks to extinguish any details, just more and more lost souls wandering aimlessly toward one another and passing them, nobody spoke to anyone else. It was a very gloomy place that I didn't stick around for very long, there were people in WWII clothing with nooses around their necks (one was a Japanese soldier and another was a German Nazi). I saw a cowboy with a noose around his neck with blood unsteadily dripping from his side (probably shot in the liver or spleen). The further you look beyond it gets cloudier and there are only silhouettes. Hope this helped you.
Last edited by Phanes on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karen659
PHASER
PHASER

Post by karen659 »

I didn't set the intention to do this with my last OBE, but knew of this experiment as a possible focus for a future one. 

My latest post on this site DID show a 'spotlight' that isn't there in real life and maybe I should have move toward!  But I wasn't clearly focused...as you can see from my post!  Will have to just try again!  Will let you know how it goes!  :)
"The more we learn the more limitless the Universe becomes!"
GalacticKid

Post by GalacticKid »

Hi,
  I had an experience today that introduced me to a new understanding of this phinominum. I don't usually share my experiences as i believe they are personal journeys and messages from your "God" (Our Subconscious All knowing Mind). These are meant for you and only you..trying to understand this phinuminum from another mans perspective or experience can only be misleading as the experiences are tailor made to the individual.

Today i went to bed earlier than normal.This was about  9/10 pm. i woke up to use the toilet and meditated at about 3AM. by 5AM i felt myself floating towards the right direction .I floated over My girlfriend who was sleeping.I knew what was happening so i allowed it settle. My eyes seemed to be just slightly open as though i was peeking through.Soon when i felt the motion had seized i opened my eyes.

A once dark room was now Bright as though the Bulbs where on.My room looked extremely different however i know it was my room... I floated round the room for a while i could see my girlfriend lying down sleeping however she was wearing different clothes. There was no bed frame on my bed as usual .The Mattress was on the floor,so it was more like we had the mattress ob the floor...
I tried traveling through the wall, but it was solid .not concrete solid because every time  i hit it, i saw it crack then bounce back like silicon or foam.my body felt like my body. I looked at my hands and it looked like my hands. I was expecyting to see  a light body but i saw my equivalent body. the air seemed more solid more like one step up from water.I moved around in a breast stroke fashion... while flying over my bed i realised i was not there. i was analysing that dis i actually fly of my bed, because if i was out of my body i expected to see my body there on the bed.

But i dint panic.I decided to take the door out of the room. The door was locked and had a gold key. This is not how my bedroom door looks it doesn't even have a key.Still I went with the flow. As i was about to open the door, My girls starts singing a song. This is someone that was sleeping and did not make a joke throughout the time i was floating round the room. the song went " Don't Go Outside,if you go outside, you know when you go outside those "...." or somethings will follow you back inside.. She kept singing this in a childrens nursery rhyme  fashion. This is the first OBE that I've actually had that i hear sum1 else's voice, or sum1 speak..most of the time they all seem like zombies or in a trance like state or just looking or standing or sitting.  Well i dint go outside the room, i listened to her . at that time i felt she could be my guardian angel warning me of sum danger behind that door.... Bear in mind while my girlfriend was singing this, she did not wake.
It was like she was sleep talking/singing. So how did she see me if she was sleeping??? Well flew back to the bed and watched her..I laughed to myself that she was just worried about me.. soon the room was looking more like the real room, and i saw my girlfriend looking at me.. i floated to the bed, i could see i was not in the bed, i was sup prized that she dint panic that i was not in the bed. inflated close to her and could see her looking into my eyes but she could not see me. LLOll this was very funny i had to laugh. I just sat there and was watching her as she looked at my lying down sleeping as though she was just looking at me in a very caring way. i smiled and decided to go back to reality(my real bed) so i flew down and i was in my body. Upon waking i saw the head of the statue of liberty directly in my front which nearly frightened the hell out of me. It soon faded and my eyes where seeing my real room.

My girl was already awake. She turned round and hugged me. I asked her i said why where u looking at me when i was sleeping. She looked at me in a shocked way asking if i was awake?I said no but i knew she was looking at me. then she says she couldn't sleep so she just wanted to watch me sleep so she could make fun of me during the day...

Summary:

In an OBe it is possible to see people and they cannot see you.. Ie You are more like a ghost. You can leave that dimension to others.Here will not necessarily look the same there, but you can see whats going on here there. I believe that the version of my girlfriend that was lying on the bed singing to me was either a version of my subconscious all knowing self, or a version of my personality of which i need to check.This Personality to my translation represented a part of me that prevents me from venturing out or spiritually growing. This personality represents My "Fear of the Unknown" and i needed to kick that out of the room.In essence i need to kick my girl out of my room in order to go though the door..Lol Not my real girl but the charackter/attitude. I need to be braver and trust in My God. Alternatively there might have been some evil lurking behind that door and i would have come face to face with my deepest feers!! well I hope theres someone out there that will benefit and that will be able to shed more like on this. thats why I'm sharing it....

Bless

Gkid
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I failed.  I feel gutted because I really wanted to participate in this experiment.  It's like the doors to the phase were locked and someone threw away the key where I couldn't find it.  I was hoping to enter the phase via dream consciousness as lately that's what has been working for me but I slept through. 

I took the kids to school and decided to try direct techniques (maybe I need more practice!).  I experienced the hissing in my head and hypnagogic images came and went.  I tried to grab the phase but couldn't.  Then I saw a green-skinned version of my wife sleeping next to me.  I tried to separate but it kept being pulled back in.  In the end, I gave up.

If I managed to enter the phase tonight I will pull my hair out because it'll be too late.  Or is it?  If I manage to do it tonight can I still submit a report tomorrow morning, Michael? 
Cleareye
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Cleareye »

The same thing happened to me.  I tried several times...early morning, deferred method, afternoon nap, direct techniques, but nothing really worked.

I had trouble with the concept of translocating to a tunnel and looking for the light.  I had some sensations of rising up through a dark gray funnel, but it didn't lead anywhere.  It was as if the context was too abstract for me to really make it work.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

It was as if the context was too abstract for me to really make it work.
Hmmm.  Interesting observation.  I wonder if this view could serve as an impediment.  Perhaps in a real NDE this is not a problem as our world is traumatically shaken.  Because of this, the "abstract" or the hypersurrealism may come easier. 

Perhaps the tunnel is a psychological thing that arises from the idea of being born again or a brief wish to start life all over again because it currently got so messed up and hanging by a thread.  The tunnel...from the darkness into the light...like a baby, from crying and being afraid into the comforting arms of the parents and being loved and cared for. 

In the NDE, as the endorphins kick in and sensory information from the physical world is severed, we remain in the phase with no possibility of fouling any time soon (protective mechanism for consciousness?) and in the light encountering another plane of existence dwelt by dead relatives and/or deities (real or imaginary - however one wishes to interpret what goes on in such a state).

In the NDE state, it is possible that low blood pressure triggers bursts of REM activity in the brain and since the logical mind is somehow preserved, we may experience the dream world lucidly.  In this case, a return to the body is only possible when consciousness can withstand being aware of the physical without experiencing unbearable pain (even though severe discomfort may still be experienced after returning).

Regardless of the difference in the way which OOBEs and NDEs are induced, I still suspect both are the phase state and an OOBE can emulate the classical NDE.  Let's try again tonight regardless and see what we get, Cleareye. ;)
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

I started a post on dreamviews about tunnel experiences awhile back.I'll post some below along with the link if anyone is interested.I've also experienced 'beings of light' twice in separate experiences from the tunnels.I didn't go seeking them nor did I hold any particular beliefs or desires about them...

"As for my tunnels:
1) Became lucid on a street in a seaside town and began to fly. As I took off to survey the landscape a bit,a sort of wind or force seemed to take hold of me.

When this happens I always feel that I can fight it;but some of my most profound experiences came from surrendering to this "guidance" ,so I just let it lead the way this time.

I was carried out along a shoreline ,then out over a vast body of water.I was excelerated faster and faster until the scenery blurred and collapsed into darkeness. Then I was in the tunnel as described above-for a very long time.(thought maybe I died) I began to think about trying to stop ,or turn into a side when the earth appeared in front of me and I was stopped. Then and I starred at it in surprise as I watched spherical,white-yellow beams of light zip around it ,then I was slammed into my body and sat up awake without any break in consciousness.

2) Just like above,only it began as an OBE from my parent's house.( I have my own home) I was carried off into apparent space after touching the nonphysical version of a tree dedicated to my father's heart donor.It is planted in their front yard. After floating over a complex,futuristic city and into space,a dark mist formed. Then I was in a room with a tall ceiling and peculiar asian decorations.Suddenly the room tilted sideways and gravity acted strange because I remained against the floor. A guy with tatoos and a blueish tinted faux hawk shook my hand- I believed it was my father's heart donor,but proving this would be difficult because his family wished to remain anonymous. Then back to the tunnel exactly as I described before."

http://www.dreamviews.com/f11/tunnel-experiences-93632/

This is a cool experiment though.I'll see what I can do with it...
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

I love the article.  Nice one. 8)
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

I know the article is finished now but i just tried this out and had a strange experience, nothing like what i was expecting, so thought i would post it anyway. 

So, i already had been in a phase state and had a false awakening, once i realised i was still in a dream i flew through a nearby tv and thought of the light at the end of the tunnel.  The tunnel created itself and i flew down it, but never quite made it to the light.  The tunnel seemed to be made from gel like cells, i broke through the tunnel at one point and was floating outside it, it seemed fairly dark and i could see various exits from this tunnel.  At this point a mechanical blue butterfly flew over to me and played a recording (in 3 different languages) asking for me to fill in my application.  I found this quite amusing but decided to leave the area and try something else.

Random!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Blue butterfly?  Interesting.  To me, a butterfly makes me think of "fully-developed", "freedom", "beauty" and the sense of "nearing the end of one's life".  Blue is a colour that relaxes me and makes me happy.

What does blue and a butterfly make you think/feel?  In other words, what do you think it all represents to you on a deeper level, breadbassed?