Re: Trouble staying in the phase

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
ThePhaseMaster

Trouble staying in the phase

Post by ThePhaseMaster »

I always try to remember to deepen when i enter the phase, sometimes though I deepen for a good 10-15 seconds, and as soon as I stop and get up to do my phase tasks, I get sucked back into my physical body. Sometimes I'm not even finished deepening but I still get sucked back into the physical realm, I believe I'm not being aggressive enough in remembering to do my deepening and maintaining, well to be honest I get so excited that I'm in the phase to begin with that most of the time I forget to do any maintaining techniques. But perhaps I should develop my own deepening and maintaining techniques, I think that personal element will make the whole process work out better for me, I've already come up with a few techniques of my own, but I have yet to enter the phase to test them out. What do you think guys? should I stick with Micheal's game plan or start testing out my own ideas?
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Stick with Michael's techniques.
They work for thousands of  people.
After mastering them, you can start to develop your own techniques.

Keep trying and read the new SOBT after its released.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Hello,
I'd say go ahead and test out your own ideas! Make them personal like you said,and If they work,I'd like to hear about it. Maintaining throughout your phase experience can become a habit.
(Edit: Of course master Michael's techniques first as Jorge stated.Then put your own 'spin' on them if you want...)

As for myself,I do something kinda weird:

After things feel stable I combine deepening with what ever task I engage in.For instance,if I'm to walk somewhere I will spin alittle while I step and rub my hands together. I feel a texture every chance I get.If I fly,I rub hands together too.

Sometimes if I can catch a foul before it happens,I will resist and grab on to something like a rail,a fence or fist fulls of grass-then just hang on and ride out the foul!

Sometimes nothing will prevent a foul though...In my phase this morning for example,I entered through sudden lucid consciousness in a dream and spun/hand rubbed for awhile.I was on a familiar version of a street in 'Sarasota.' After things were very stable,I hailed a taxi passing by and headed toward it.Then my alarm clock went off and I instantly fouled...( >:( F'n work! )
Last edited by Jeff on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Baahahaha! @ the work comment.

Thanks for the clue about hanging on and riding out the foul.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
ThePhaseMaster

Post by ThePhaseMaster »

;D, yeah I'd like to try to ride out the foul, I'm going to give that a try next time. The fouls come in so quick though sometimes you only have a split second to react, and I'm still at the stage where it takes me by surprise and I wake up before I even start the deepening techniques. I'm confident though that my next few phase experiences will go very well, until then I'm just waiting for the new book to hit the site so I can dig in, I'm sure you guys agree :D
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

This is my EXACT problem at the moment. I forget to deepen most time but when I do remember it doesn't even help. :( don't know what to do. I thought trying to get away from my physical body ASAP would help but halfway through moving away, I find myself back in bed. Don't know how to fix the situation.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein