Re: Can't stay in phase.

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
Jay Jonathan
PHASER
PHASER

Can't stay in phase.

Post by Jay Jonathan »

Hi, I am able to enter phase fairly easily, although sometimes I forget to separate. Lately I've been waking up at different places, I can move around but the dream seems murky, even outdoors in the sunlight. I stand around frustrated because it just looks murky and unrealistic, like looking through dark socks. However, I am able to control things like materializing a fluorescent tube out of the ceiling or turning all the lights including the sun on with a light switch.

I tried rubbing my hands together, touching things, and peering but I always wake up after a 30 - 60 seconds. Anyone have the same experience? Any suggestions?
jarekf
PHASER
PHASER

Post by jarekf »

I think this may get improved in time. My experience has been so far very similar, it is almost always dark after separation (it is better when became aware during dreaming). If I focus I can brighten it up, but then it quickly comes back. My vision is low, and easy to lose, the deepening helps a lot, but not for long. None of my lucid dreams have been more realistic then reality (as many other people experience). And it also takes about 1 minute at a time, but I do make a lot of mistakes, so this should gradually improve as well. At this moment I am focused on improving the phase entry (very difficult for me), so the above is less important.

My last OBE was different, brighter, more realistic, I had to ask myself if I am dreaming a few times. So I think this may also change, and I definitely have a lot of ideas to improve, but for now the phase entry is the priority.
Last edited by jarekf on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Try to use the "falling head first" technique and also, during your phase, always try to keep strong vibrations on your body by using straining the brain or the body.

They have positive results on phase lenght.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

90% of all phases lie in 2 minutes range, even if it looks like 30 minutes by feelings.

Besides techniques for maintaining the phase, I suggest to be much more focused not on duration, but on what you can do there and how many things you can do there. Even only one minute is enough to achieve up to 5 steps of a plan of action.

P.S. Don't forget immediately to re-enter the phase after each foul. You can prolong phases many times by this simple trick
Phasing101
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Phasing101 »

I'll help you out with this, I'll be glad to since people are actually looking to experience and practice this. Unlike another site I go to which is riddled with skeptics who are too naive to experience it themselves.

Firstly, what you need to be aware of is yourself within the Astral Plane. Instead of traveling and moving right off the hop, what I teach my students, is to orient themselves. Not themselves to the space around them, but the reality of your own self, your pure self. What I want you to do your first night after reading this, is to focus on the sensations you feel, feel the air, pressure and gravity of that existence. Look over yourself, get a sense of what you look like, what your energy/soul is and how it looks. You'll then understand more deeply about everything you perceive within that experience.

Remember, think of this as you are being just born... people rarely take this concept into consideration when they experience the "quirks" of the Astral Plane. When a baby is just born, it has only just first used it's eyes, the brain slowly learns about the environment around it and adjusts accordingly. The same thing when you first wake up in this 'new world' happens, your brain is unable to perceive the reality around what you are sensing and perceiving.

I have two understandings of why there is "static" or "murky" vision within the AP. Firstly is "static", many students describe a static type of look, most easily described as "The Butterfly Effect Shake", where before he would travel through time, everything would get distorted, and chopped up and messed up. This is what happens when an individual is within an Astral State and they are unaware of the reality they are in, they are slightly fighting it with their own mind, thus distorting it. The "murky" kind of vision I believe is the same kind as the "static" but without your mind fighting the reality, instead, it is your mind trying to fill in details it doesn't understand, except that since we have not lived in this reality our entire lives, we don't have anything to substitute, so it is just blackness.

I say this because I have had students who were traveling around easily, but experiencing this "murky" type of vision, this is where I understand that the mind is not completely within the reality, still partially thinking it is within a dream. The brain then without previously thinking about it starts to inject dreams within the reality to substitute what it does not understand.

This is linked to "Random Dreams" which are generated by your mind to deal with life events that are effecting your self-conscious, which are mostly described as the "Odd" dreams.

Hope it helped,

Phasing101
If everything we perceive is a reflection of the past and our actions dictate the future, what creates our reality? The choices we make, or the past that made us make the choice?
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Are you Nicholas Newport?
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

JorgeLTE wrote: Are you Nicholas Newport?
Lol. Thought something similar :DD GOOD ONE!!!
Can't stop laughing. :DDDDD
Jay Jonathan
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jay Jonathan »

Great stuff, thanks guys.

I will try these suggestions, and come back with the results. My goal here is to make the dreams at least as real as reality and stable enough that I can move around without things distorting or going dark. I think I spend a lot of time in the dream trying to improve the clarity of it that I don't have time to try other things and of course, I try to stay in as long as possible and reenter if I foul. Also, when I do certain actions I wake up but I think that's because I got too excited.

Can sounds outside effect dreams? I have a fan right beside me that's blowing on my face, I'm not sure if that can cause murkiness or fouling, because I don't think I can hear or feel it in phase.
Last edited by Jay Jonathan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Jay Jonathan wrote: Can sounds outside effect dreams? I have a fan right beside me that's blowing on my face, I'm not sure if that can cause murkiness or fouling, because I don't think I can hear or feel it in phase.
Usually, not.

But it may distract you while attempting to get the phase.
Or it may be simulated in the phase causing you to think that you really hear it (I've got it today). You think it's a shallow phase and lose it...
Jay Jonathan
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jay Jonathan »

Hi, I went in phase again, and it was MUCH more realistic and stable. What I did was change my sleep posture, putting my arms behind my head and covered my face with a blanket, making a sort of tent with my arms so the blanket would not be touching my face. So that might have helped blocked the sound. I suspect the posture might have helped, because it is very different from my posture in phase.

It was so realistic, that I had to check to see if I was really dreaming or not, because I separated in my actual room. It lasted for about 2-3 minutes per phase, but I kept reentering on foul so I guess the total was about 7-9 minutes subjectively.

Also, pausing or moving slowly to observe the "realness" of the dream seems to make it even more real and stable. I found that if I move slowly and steadily, the dream looks less distorted or choppy. I think that gives my mind more time to build the areas before I enter them.
Michael Raduga wrote: Usually, not.

But it may distract you while attempting to get the phase.
Or it may be simulated in the phase causing you to think that you really hear it (I've got it today). You think it's a shallow phase and lose it...
It doesn't distract me from getting phase, but I will try to set it to turn off with a timer, because I found putting a blanket over my face might have helped block the sound.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

A sleeping mask + ear plugs = one of the best ways to get a deep and stable phase too
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

I keep a small fan at my bedside to create 'white noise.' It provides a buffer from disrupting waking reality sounds. In the morning hours I also put a light sheet or pillow case over my eyes.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Jay Jonathan
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jay Jonathan »

I tried earplugs but the internal ringing noise is distracting me, might need some getting used to. Will try the sleeping mask.

Yes Jeff, that is also why I put it there, as white noise because I'm distracted by the slightest sounds!

I tried phasing again, this time it lasted about 5 minutes subjectively, with no reentering. What I did was I anchored myself to my surroundings like on stair handrails and tables. When I feel like waking up, I just hold on tightly to the objects around me. I can feel the sensation of lying on my bed and at the same time holding on to the object in the dream, and if I give it some time the dream may stabilize again.