My attempt log

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
DoctorFoxy

My attempt log

Post by DoctorFoxy »

I'll be posting my OBE attempts here.

So, let's kick it off with my first one, the evening after reading The Phase:

Direct attempt, I lied down on my side at 22:00, relaxed for just a bit and then let my mind wander
to get in the free floating state of mind. I had a couple very small lapses in consciousness, I did try a technique
each lapse, first rotating, not much happened there. Then observing sounds, again not much. I decided to wait
until I had a bigger/deeper lapse in consciousness. I did have a seemingly larger lapse at some point, which felt more like I caught it
while it was happening rather than after I returned. Anyway, I attempted brain straining there, which made the vibrations in
some parts of my body suddenly surge throughout my whole body. It also felt kind of like I was going into my mattress, so I kept doing this
but at a certain point it just halted? I thought maybe I am in the phase now so I attempted rotation as separation technique but nothing happened,
I did a reality check. No phase. After that I tried to sleep like normal, but I was still in the phase mindset, and observed
the blackness in front of my eyes, some hypnagogic imagery was there, albeit rudimentary, as in all kinds of yellow lines moving about in my vision, but it didn't
seem to evolve at all, so I just got in a different position and went to sleep like normal.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: My attempt log

Post by Summerlander »

If you have a dry spell sometimes it is good to revise the indirect method and remember to have a relaxed approach. I look forward to reading on your progress. Good luck!
DoctorFoxy

Post by DoctorFoxy »

Gotcha, I will be attempting the indirect method for now then.

So, I went to sleep at 22:00, I set an alarm for 6 hours later (4:00) and set my intentions already.
I wake up naturally (probably because of the intention) before the alarm, my arm was in a really bad position and I was really thirsty, so I move my arm and drink a bit of water. Afterwards I go back to sleep like normal because I thought a DCIM attempt at that point wouldn't work anyhow (Note: I fell asleep really fast, so I probably shouldve tried anyhow)
The alarm goes off, I wake up and completely forget about DCIM and go back to sleep like normal again. (Note: Probably should've set intention again during that natural awakening, or considered the natural awakening like the alarm wbtb to start DCIM)

So, not too great of a night, but then again it's my first time trying out DCIM so I feel like that will improve.
DoctorFoxy

Post by DoctorFoxy »

(Some weird site glitch upon replying occurred, it said "No search index backend found" or something, but it posted anyhow so it had a duplicate, I'll just write this here, if a mod sees this, you can delete this message)
Last edited by DoctorFoxy on Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Don't worry about it. Keep the entries coming.