Silence the mind

All important news and announcements
Queenofthedark

Silence the mind

Post by Queenofthedark »

Hello everyone I hope you are all well ! I have just discovered mr Michael raduga on YouTube and downloaded some of his books I am very interested in OBEs ... Few months I have accidentally completely silenced my mind white trying to enter hypnogogia I felt like something completely pushed out all my thoughts and thinking away from my brain weird way to describe it I know I had no thoughts.. no inner dialogue even if I wanted to speak mentally I couldn't...I tried to recreate this state but I couldn't I wonder I wonder if Mr Michael raduga talks about something like this ? And if anyone here has had similar experience? and if this was an out of body experience ... How do out body experiences feel like do you still have thoughts?

Thanks in advance to anyone thats going to respond and help❤️
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Silence the mind

Post by Summerlander »

Hi and welcome!

Out-of-body experiences still include thought processes and decision-making. But I have once reached a similar state as yours during hypnagogia. There was a naked awareness devoid of thoughts, even the sense of self dropped away and identity was a mere narrative that vanished. I felt blissful and light until thoughts came flooding in again. Borderland states at the edge of sleep can sometimes enable us to stumble upon profound meditative states.

In Buddhism it is not something you seek but rather something you come across. The seeking can hinder reattaining what you have already discovered. If you aim for an OOBE, you may get that thoughtless state again (which is not an OOBE because concepts such as in or out of body are meaningless in that state). Raduga has once mentioned Tibetan Buddhism but only in the context that its adherents have been practising dream yoga and exploring phase states for thousands of years.

I can only speak from years of experience as to what OOBEs feel like and they can feel different every time. You will find my descriptions of experiences I've had in my journal here and hopefully you will derive a helpful insight.

Good luck!