Radio signal during sleep paralysis

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
Newtothis2

Radio signal during sleep paralysis

Post by Newtothis2 »

Hi everyone,

I'm 31yo and about 7 years ago I started to experience sleep paralysis. It still happens a couple of times every year. I also tried to practice meditatation for a few weeks but only one time I managed to reach a quite deep relaxed state.

In 2018 I was in a particularly stressful period of my life as I lost my job and one night I had a sleep paralysis associated with a strange radio noise. This is the only time in my life I experienced something this weird.

I felt like I had my airpods in my hears.... right after the paralysis and before waking up I heard what I felt was a conversation between 2 astronauts but I'm not sure I could understand that. I obviously was scared as I knew I wasn't dreaming at that point so I wanted to wake up. At that point I heard this words, something that I can still remember today:

"Energy energy.....easy easy easy"

And then I woke up with goosebumps turned the lights on etc.

Before that experience I never read anything about hearing hallucinations or radio noises during sleep paralysis, so I'm sure I wasn't influenced by my subconscious.

My question is: does it make any sense to try understanding why I heard those specific words?

Sometimes I think about it and it almost feels that those voices where talking about me and not to worry about the fact I was paralysed.

What do you guys think?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Radio signal during sleep paralysis

Post by Summerlander »

Hi, Newtothis2!

Mindfulness meditation can actually help with the induction of phase states, but remember that relaxation starts with the mind and the body follows by dismantling tension. Avoid frustration and be gentle with yourself. This is why techniques in conjunction with forced falling asleep are performed for a few seconds each before switching.

The 'radio voices' in your head have been experienced by me, too, during sleep paralysis, at the initial stages of my practice—which made research the pineal gland's function and speculate on the possibility that its piezoelectric crystals could be part of a biological mechanism that acts as some sort of radio-signal receiver.

But soon I became aware that I was already in the phase, most likely experiencing my own thoughts transduced into auditory hallucinations, and all that remained was separation from the body or translocation to another phantom environment.

It's not hard to imagine that 'Energy, energy ... Easy, easy, easy' translates to your subconscious thoughts finding expression in a nascent phase state during the process of relaxation—as in: 'I need to remain calm and relaxed by easing up on my energy.'

Ask yourself this question: How can I be so sure I wasn't influenced by my subconscious when this part of my mind is what brings me creative insights and Eureka moments from the vast reservoir of mnemonic data that I am largely unaware of?

You can try to fathom the origin of those voices and possible reasons why specific words were perceived. It's only natural curiosity! And I would go with your pragmatic intuition on this one: You were, in essence, telling yourself to remain calm during paralysis; an auditory lucid dreamlet expressing what was on your mind—after all, it is said that dreams are like mirrors reflecting your own self.