Saying hi and how to be more motivated after waking up?

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
peterwilli

Saying hi and how to be more motivated after waking up?

Post by peterwilli »

Hi there,

I'm Peter, and I found out about the phase a while ago. I've had natural lucid dreams and out of body experiences for a long time. As a kid, I would often exit my body, and I got scared, tried to grab my toys but my hands went straight through them. I never really panicked, but always thought it was a way my parents would make sure I would fall asleep and not get distracted and play with my toys.
This kept going on all the way in puberty. After that, it stopped for almost 10 years. I still lucid dreamt from time to time.

I guess the reason why it stopped was that real life became too good. Later on, I grew curious again. The reasons for that were because I more and more started to doubt reality as it is. What really happened when I was a kid?
I tried many methods for lucid dreaming or astral projection but none seem to work. Then someone introduced me to the phase. At first, I was like: "What?! Waking up after a few hours and then just go back to sleep? That can't possibly work!". Well, guess what, it did! And at once!

I can talk for hours about the first experience but I don't want to make it too long, and you are all familiar with the phase as it is :) The way I learned first about the phase is with the "exit your body in 3 days" videos, as the ebook was a bit too difficult for me to go through.

But after a couple of successful attempts, I decided to buy the latest ebook, and am reading that one now! It's so cool to see that so many people seem to have similar experiences. When I was a kid we barely just had internet and there was no way of knowing if there were others sharing the same experiences.
So that's the quick intro :D I'm glad to be here.

Now to my question, lately I have been having issues in entering the phase - mainly a motivational issue. I'm going to bed thinking I'm really going to do it. I'm setting my alarm after 5 hours of sleep (12:00 to 05:00) (it seems the best time for me after a couple of tries). But once I wake up I'm like: "meh, it's too much effort to get out of bed", and I skip the whole phase.
I also took a break for a while so I could catch up sleep in case I was sleep deprived of trying too often, but none of it works. I also have to add that in real life I had some things going on that took more of my energy than usual.

I'm gonna try again tonight and really hope to be motivated enough :D
Elenwe
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Saying hi and how to be more motivated after waking up?

Post by Elenwe »

In my case, to stay motivated consist to have a real "target", a powerful challenge or a real reason to enter in the phase. The "goal" and what you want to get after the experience is very important.
peterwilli

Post by peterwilli »

Elenwe wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 pm In my case, to stay motivated consist to have a real "target", a powerful challenge or a real reason to enter in the phase. The "goal" and what you want to get after the experience is very important.
Thanks, I managed to enter again after having a clear target. It's the first time in a week last night!
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Hi Peter, I have been away from this forum for quite a while. Life got in the way. I now have much more time on my hands. I feel your pain. I tend to do the same as you ...meh! however, I am determined to succeed once again. Elenwe has a good point...motivation. I recently met someone in the phase and want to meet up with them again, so that is my motivation. Reading everyone's experiences may help as well . Stay active in this forum as well. Just keep reading about OBEs and the Phase. I tend to have many different interests, but have made up my mind to concentrate on the Phase for now. Look forward to hearing about your trips. I have a few posts about mine if you care to read. My daughter used to be here as well, her name is Luna, she has had some good experiences as well.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Keep practising folks. Good to see some 'veterans' here—like NOVA and LUNA—still active and supporting others.